Waiting Game | pjm ✓

נכתב על ידי SingularitaeAddict

"We become the monsters we're most afraid of." --- "Jimin," she breathed out. "You're allowed to touch me." H... עוד

introduction
tracklist & aesthetics
01. Loyal
02. Inside
03. Respect
04. Fire
05. Just For Tonight
06. Red
07. Dirty Laundry
08. V
09. Window Pane
010. Black
011. Remember
012. Announcement
013. Chandelier
014. Petrified
015. Healed
016. Never Here
017. No One
018. Bullet
019. Vinnie
020. Broken Mirror
021. Break Free
022. Cursed
023. Untamed
024. Resurrection
025. Together
026. Dangerous Liaisons
027. Monster
028. Unleashed
029. Origins
030. The Manipulator
031. Troublemaker
032. Welcome Home
033. Face/Off
034. Are You Afraid?
035. Blank
036. Warrior Princesses
037. No Angel
038. Doctor
039. Reunion
040. Make Me Forget
041. Blanket
042. Mind Games
043. Mother
044. Aera's Dream
045. Escape
046. Sacrifice
047. Infinity
048. What Do You Desire?
049. Thank You
050. Savior
051. Friendship Restored
052. Before the Storm
053. Trickery
054. Shattered Trust
055. Intimacy
056. Loved One
057. Playing Dirty
058. Scarlet Sky
059. Fighting Battles
060. Brave
061. The End
062. Epilogue
Author's note
SEQUEL!
The Fiction Awards 2020

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

6K 250 296
נכתב על ידי SingularitaeAddict

First of all, this was so fun to do! Thank you everyone who took their time to ask a question! I really enjoyed doing that.

Without further ado, here's what the characters have to say! Full disclosure, I threatened them to be extremely honest with you guys. I'm not really sure if it worked tho.

BEWARE: THIS IS VERY LONG LOL

AERA

Where are you now?

I'm not really sure. Right now, I'm in a place that resembles a lot my home, but at the same time it doesn't. I'm terrified and I miss Jimin. It's hard to make out something in the darkness. All I know is that I'm not here alone.

Girl, we know you're out there in Abaddon, roaming. Please be stronger!

Abaddon? I suppose I could be there, but it's difficult because I don't really know what Abaddon looks like. I guess I'll have to explore and see for myself.

Do you forgive Yoongi?

I really want to forgive Yoongi and leave all of that behind me, I do. But being a big part of my past, he has a way of catching up with me whenever I try to move on from him. I won't pretend that forgiving him is an easy thing to do - it takes a lot but I'm slowly getting there. My opinion of him is definitely shifting. My relationship with Yoongi has always been turbulent and difficult - like playing a game of tug-of-war with my heart. Though I'm starting to think that it hasn't been me the one who didn't want to let go all this time, but Yoongi himself.

JIMIN

What was the first thought that crossed your mind when you first saw Aera? Did you fall in love with her at first sight?

The first time I saw Aera, we were both kids. I definitely thought she was pretty, but I'm sure I was way too young to call that love. I remember she was shy around me, so maybe my first thought was "why isn't she looking at me in the eyes?"

When her family put me in a special training program, it became embedded in my brain that I had to protect her. So as I grew up, I thought of her as a task rather than a person. As time went by, I slowly became more rational, logical and emotionally detached, because I was told that was what I needed to be in order to execute my duty more effectively. I remember my martial arts teacher telling me "Love is the death of duty." when he saw me staring at her during one of our practices outside.

That's when I sort of started disconnecting from her emotionally. She took her parents' demise pretty bad. In her teenage years, she started drinking, smoking, hanging out with the wrong company. I never said a word about it. Then she started her relationship with Yoongi and I think seeing how badly he treated her made me realize my feelings for her were in fact very strong.

So to answer the question - no, I don't think it was love at first sight, but rather it was a love that kept developing throughout the years, brewing and building up inside of both of us, a love built on a mutual understanding and acceptance of each other's flaws and imperfections. Of course, there was the attraction too, but I think that's something you could have with a lot of people. Sex is the least a woman could offer a man, that's what I think. The love that I have for Aera runs deeper than that.

How can you not remember Taehyungie? And how do you manage all that power surge in your smol adorable existence?

My memories from the orphanage are very hazy. I was a rather difficult kid to deal with. Taehyung was my only friend there. When they took me away, I missed him a lot. He stayed behind in that hell. I think it was at this point that I kind of started hating myself for being the one who was got out of the orphanage, and he was the one who stayed.

A lot of time passed and I was so caught up in my training that the memory of him faded away, or rather my brain kind of shoved it in the back corner of my mind, a defensive mechanism of some sort. I ended up completely forgetting about him eventually. He's changed a lot, he's not the same Taehyungie I knew. I don't think he remembers me either. Who knows, maybe someday the memories will come back and we'll rekindle our friendship?

Oh and thank you for thinking I'm adorable. I don't agree with the 'smol' part though. I'm a big boy, you can ask Aera. *wiggles eyebrows*

How did you feel right after the argument with Aera? When you realized you took it far and came back what happened?

I felt terrible. I should have never doubted her. I regret that horribly now. But during that time, I was so angry. Not at her, but at myself for feeling insecure. I'd never say this out loud, but Yoongi is the only person I feel like I could lose Aera to. So naturally, I felt intimidated and powerless, and that powerlessness transformed into primitive anger.

I left the lobby and went back to the security office, thinking that she'd go out for a breather, clear her head and then come back. It had been our first fight, so I did not know how to deal with it. I was already going through my apology in my mind. What a stupid mistake, I should have run after her immediately. Some time passed, and she wasn't coming back. I started to grow worried, I should have never let her wander off alone like that! I had the feeling that something was terribly wrong, and then I thought of the place she often went to when she was upset - her parents' grave.

YOONGI

Why didn't you want Aera to know that it was you who saved her from the fire?

I don't want to be a hero. I just don't feel the need to be one. I don't like being praised or put on a pedestal, that's not my thing. You know who feels validated by being the hero? Fucking Park Jimin. That's so pathetic. I'm not a good guy and I don't need to be one. I feel like if Aera knew, she'd feel like she owed me something and that would mess her up even more. I know her very well. She doesn't owe me anything, I did it because I wanted to.

At that point, I just preferred that she hated me. It's easier this way, for the both of us. I do things for my own personal reasons and I think you might say that I'm helping her in my own way. Aera will come to know about everything when I decide that the time has come for her to find out. Everything is in my control for now.

Lil' meowmeow, why aren't you ever honest with Aera (and yourself) when you care about her so deeply?

I'm rarely honest. You should have noticed that about me at this point. I've come to learn that in life, being honest gets you nowhere. I feel much more comfortable when I cover up my thoughts and emotions. Someone may call this lying or deceiving, but I call it surviving technique. I've been honest with Aera on a couple of occasions but sadly she wouldn't believe me anymore. I guess I earned that. I'm determined to retrieve her trust soon.

Would it be okay for you to run away with Aera without considering the others' feelings?

Of course it would be okay. It would be more than okay. I'm a selfish man. I'm not ashamed of admitting it; it's just who I am. I don't give a damn about any of her foolish friends. They're only holding her back; she could be so much greater without them. If only she let me show her her true potential. Aera is very powerful; when she's angry, I can sense her fury from the other side of town. And even though she rejected me so bluntly in her penthouse that night, I couldn't help but admire that. That's strong will. If she were to channel these intense emotions the right way, she would be unstoppable. But she needs me to teach her how to do that.

Why are you so perfect?

I see the mind manipulation trick I worked on you has kicked in. Might wanna wipe that drool, baby.

TAEHYUNG

Is there something more than friendship in your feelings for Aera?

Is there? Hm. Let's see. I held a lot of grudges towards her when she disappointed me by ghosting me, I'm strongly affected by her behavior, it hurt me when I saw her crying, I held her in my arms as she sobbed after talking to Yoongi, I tolerate her insufferably irritating midget bodyguard, I think that she's the most annoyingly pretty girl in the world, I like her hair, I like her eyes, I like the little freckle she has on her nose that is the same as mine... but that's something I would never tell. *presses finger against lips*

Nah. I don't think there's more than friendship there. Really, I don't. Why, do you?

We all know you're soft for Jimin. Why the cold façade?

He reminds me of somebody that I used to know many years ago but remember very vaguely. This person left me and deep inside I hold him accountable for my difficult childhood, as unreasonable as it may be. I don't think I've ever truly forgiven him. Also, he annoys the hell out of me with his clingy protectiveness for Aera.

How can you use your power if you're inside Abaddon? Wait I'm getting you out of there!

Am I inside Abaddon? The last thing I remember was some motherfucker shoving me from behind while I was trying to help that pale vampire dude, Edward Cullen 2.0. I mean Aera's ex, of course. Ugh, this is what I deserve for being so kind and selfless to people. *flips hair* Oh, and you're more than welcome to get me out of here... just be careful where you put your hands.

JUNGKOOK

If you could use your invisibility for something, what would that be?

I'd probably follow Jin or Jimin around and keep shoving things to the ground or open doors and slam them only to freak them out and torture them. *evil maniacal laughter* I'm jk.

But really now. On a more serious note, I'd probably try and rob a bank and give out money to the poor. Be something of a modern-day Robin Hood.

Can you also feel yourself if you're in your invisibility power?

I can perfectly feel myself in all the right places. If only you could see me now, you'd be shocked at where my hands are. *wiggles eyebrows*

So your clothes also have the power to become invisible? Or you have to be naked to actually be invisible? Also, can we prank Meisa with your invisibility just once? Please?

My clothes and accessories become invisible along with my body. I don't know how it happens, but it does. And yes... I've started planning this prank ever since I found out I could become invisible. So stay tuned!

When are you putting a ring on it?

Sooner than you think. Actually I'm using part of the money from the bank to buy Meisa the most beautiful engagement ring she deserves. *winks* But don't tell her that, mkay?

MEISA

What is the relationship between you and your family now that you chose to be with Jungkook?

I'm marrying him and having all of his babies.

NAMJOON

How exactly does your time manipulation ability work?

This is something I've been struggling to comprehend. As I told the others, I've tried multiple times to do it again since the Layla incident, but I could never really do it. My suspicion is that my abilities come out only when I really, and I mean really strongly regret something happening. And of course, when I've seen it happen with my own eyes. This is why I couldn't turn back time when Aera... I'm sorry. I can't talk about this, it makes me very emotional. Anyway, I still have a lot of exploration to do regarding my Power. Maybe our dear author would finally give me some screen time for that... *glances over at Rina*

Rina: it's okay, Joonie, you'll get your time to shine!

I shipped you and Layla. Is it possible to get her back? I'm sure your 147 IQ can figure something out.

Believe me when I say this, if I could get her back again, I would. I'm sorry, it's very difficult for me to talk about this. Thank you for shipping us. Layla is... was a lovely girl.

What would you do if Layla was ever back alive?

I suppose... I would ask her out to dinner. Talk more with her. Get to know her better. I regret not doing it before. I really don't know what I had been waiting for. If I could use the opportunity to give an advice to everyone out there: cherish the people you care about while you still can. Tell them how you feel about them today. Tomorrow might already be too late.

JIN

What was it like finding out that you had healing abilities?

Frankly, it was really overwhelming. And ironic at the same time. Being a doctor, my father has been trying to convince me to take after him in his profession all his life. I never wanted that, but somehow this particular Power came to me out of all people. So I'd like to think that wasn't an accident. It's a very precious and meaningful Power. I struggled getting used to it, but I'm glad it chose me.

Jin, I just want you to know that you did your best in saving Aera. Lemme hug you.

Thank you. I really needed that. I know Jimin didn't mean to be so harsh with me - we were all very, very distraught. But somehow, I still blame myself. I don't think I'll ever be able to get over that. I'm very emotional. *turns face away*

HOSEOK

Where are you now?

I'm staying away for now. I can't say where I am exactly. But I think you might say that if the gang ever looked over their shoulder, they'd be very surprised at who they'd see.

Are you the one who grabbed Aera before she died?

It definitely wasn't me, you can be sure of that. But I can guess that it was someone who she'd never expect to be her savior. You can figure out the rest on your own.

Would you consider staying with Meisa now rather than tailing Hyukjae?

I have a debt to Hyukjae that still hasn't been paid and I don't consider myself being safe yet. I made some very bad choices in my past. With that being said, I'd definitely do my best to keep my sister out of danger, even if it meant that I couldn't see her. But if there was, by any chance, a grand event... that involves a lot of friends and family... you know... and she has to wear white... and there's an altar... I guess I'll do my best to be there. But I don't see that happening any time soon, at least not while they're still mourning Aera and Taehyung.

HYUKJAE

Why did you want to hurt your sister so much?

Isn't it obvious? I mean, look at her. She's weak and annoying and so much less good-looking than me. That's why I was always the more popular one, and she was plain and mediocre. Holy shit, I still cannot believe Yoongi fell for a girl so bland. *gags*

Okay, I'll be honest with you only once. From a very young age, I've been taught to hate Aera. After all she was the child that was loved and wanted, and I was the illegitimate one. When her parents died, she was finally stripped from that love and support, and I could make each blow even more precise. I'm sadistic like that. I wanted to destroy her so that I could be the one to take after our father, not only the company, but the role of a Keeper as well. I craved power. I was supposed to be the chosen one, not her.

Do you get paid for being an asshole all the damn time?

Sadly I don't, but if I did I'd probably be a gazillionaire, and that sounds like success to me. *shrugs*

Your sorry existence is your mom's fault, why are you on her side? She'll probably discard you when she's used you enough.

My mother is the person who's brought me into this world. I trust her every word blindly and unconditionally.

How can you not give at least a bathe or a tube of toothpaste to your underdogs if you're owning a hotel? Taehyung suffered because of their breath.

I prefer investing my money in tailor-made suits so that I can always look good.

JIAH

You deserve every pain and hurt.

Why, thank you. *poises herself properly on her chair and flips her hair* I was just looking for someone to hunt down in their nightmares.

RINA (ME)

Who is your favorite character?

OH MY GOD THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE TO ANSWER *panics in yeontan* I love all of them too much. If I have to choose, I'm going to say Taehyung (don't @ me, I love bad boys okay? I also love Taehyung but that's another question and we don't have the time to get into it right now). But I love all of them equally!

Thank you for this amazing book. I'd like to know, Taehyung and Yoongi will they be in the second book?

Of course they will be! You might even say that they'll have a bigger role than they did until now. But I'm not saying anything else.

I wanna know how long it took you to write this whole book and do you write every day?

I think I started writing this book some time around May, and now it's the beginning of October so... maybe around 5 months? I'm bad at math lol. Oh and trust me, I definitely don't write every day! I've noticed that my creativity comes in waves - sometimes I have such a strong urge to write that my hands itch and my inspiration glues me to my laptop (if I have the time, of course) and I feel so inspired I literally can't stop writing until my brain shuts down.

Then there are times that I can't put a single word out. It could be weeks and sometime a whole month. It's very chaotic. I've come to embrace my writer's block and I don't force myself to write - after all writing should be a beloved hobby and not something I have to force.

How do you manage to write many books at the same time?

So this is how... I don't lol. Most of the time I focus on one book and abandon all others (right now my other ongoing books are put on a hold). Sometimes I'm in the mood for writing one story, and another time I feel like writing a different one. It depends on how I feel. For example, after I wrote the angsty/dramatic scene with Aera and Yoongi, I felt so drained out and even depressed, that I started writing a different, lighter story with some humor in it.

Who is the one person you love more than Tae?

Junglebook.

LMAO I'M KIDDING OF COURSE IT'S YOU SHAN YOU KNOW THAT

How come your stories are so underrated?

Haha, thank you! Well I suppose I'm not what you'd call 'Wattpad famous'. But right now I'm happy and content with the amount of love and support my stories have been receiving!

How are you so precious for feeding us with multiple updates?

Oh, stop it you *covers face*. I'm embarrassed! You're more precious.

If you're going to have super power or magic what would it be?

Oh that's a tough one! Let me think. If I had to choose it myself, I guess I'd pick Yoongi's mind manipulation abilities. I'm sure it could be very useful and lowkey I think that it's the most powerful of them all.

Please tell me Vinnie is alright and alive.

Vinnie is alright. I can't say anything about being alive though. *hides under a blanket*

What inspired you?

I guess you could say that like most authors here, I derive my inspiration from our boys. As for the plot, I don't think there's something specific that inspired me, but rather it was my general interest in the fantasy genre and the desire to try something new and different. I'm a die-hard fan of Harry Potter and The Vampire Diaries (both books and movies), so my imagination is heavily influenced by them. You've probably noticed that I've incorporated some elements from those books here, but I really hope despite that I've managed to create something of my own!

Thank you usuallyjungshook saveme1800 Queen_of_Tarts minisweaterpaws ecstaeticc zea0300 Hana1969 zeynaba101 for your questions 💕 uwu

I hope that it was interesting for you to have an insight on the character's thoughts and feelings! I'm not sure whether they were being genuine... Yoongi was being kinda cryptic (as usual) and Hyukjae was just being a dick. I had to restrain myself from kicking their asses. Jimin, Namjoon and Jin were very honest and thorough with their answers! I'm proud of them.

Fun fact, I don't know how many of you would find this interesting, but ever since the idea for this story was conceited in my mind and Hyukjae's character materialized, I've always pictured him as JYJ's Kim Jaejoong.

I never disclosed it because I wanted the readers to imagine him however they'd like, and mainly because sometimes when I read a book, I have an idea of how a certain character looks like, and then a movie is made or sth like that and my idea turns out to be so different that I'm disappointed lol. I figured now that the first book has ended I could share that with you guys. In my mind, Jaejoong has always been the perfect Hyukjae.

Is this even close to how you guys pictured him? I suppose most of you imagined him to be ugly and disgusting because of his personality, but I've mentioned here and there that he is in fact very good-looking. Still, an insufferable asshole, but a good-looking one. Lol.

There's an actual person that Aera is modeled after, too, or at least resembles, but I'm going to keep it a secret. I want you guys to imagine her in your own way. If someone's curious, I'll be glad to let them know though!

Stay tuned, because the sequel is currently in the works and the first batch of chapters will be published soon! I'm very excited for you guys to see what I have in store for you. I hope I won't let you down. Teaser: there might or not be a couple new characters introduced *wink-wink*

Once again, thank you for your love and support on this book.

Love you 💕

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

532K 36.3K 72
"Oh baby, I have a lot more to offer than coffee dates and flowers." The life of 7 boys changes drastically when they encounter two girls, both runni...
2M 77.5K 41
His naked chest pressed against her exposed bosoms as he leaned his face dangerously closer to her and spread her legs wide and settled himself betwe...
285K 9.5K 49
You sat with a bounce on the bed, a habit you'd had since you were a child. He walked over, and sat next to you. "How long do you plan to stay in Se...
80.4K 2.4K 27
{COMPLETED} "No matter how many times you try kitten, you can't escape me." He said, kneeling down in front of me. "Why are you doing this to me?" I...