Abstract Concepts: Black Hear...

By AnkhRoth

She was extremely beautiful. She looked no older than him and was dressed in a white kimono. From her formal... More

Prologue
Part I [Black Hearts Perception]
Chapter 1: Confessions
Chapter 2: Abstract Concepts
Chapter 3: Black Hearts Perception
Chapter 4: Still Hungry
Chapter 5: Her name is Sue
Chapter 6: Real Fear
Part II [Limbo]
Chapter 7: Just Karin or Onee - san!
Chapter 8: Suzumiya Night
Chapter 9: Flash of Memories
Chapter 11: Limbo
Chapter 12: Fear/Nightmare
Chapter 13: Nightmare explained
Part III [Death]
Chapter 14: Calm before the Storm
Chapter 15: Sajin is Dead
Chapter 16: Fearful Eyes(Sajin's Story pt. 1)
Chapter 17: Truthful Eyes(Sajin's Story pt. 2)
Chapter 18: Death
Chapter 19: Life
Part IV [Natural Perspective]
Chapter 20: Karin and Sumiyuri's Interlude
Chapter 21: Predictable
Chapter 22: Saying Goodbye
Chapter 23: Bottled up feelings
Epilogue: Natural Perspective
Afterward
Extra Part: [Reconnecting Points]
First Point: The Concepts and Poison Ivy
Second Point: Karen's Diary
Third Point: Monster Siblings
Fourth Point: Sue Music

Chapter 10: Glowing yellow - eyed girl

26 2 0
By AnkhRoth

Arriving at a café on 12th Avenue Sajin and Sue sat at the window side. One of the waitresses approached them and they both ordered. The waitress bowed and then left. Her face somewhat flushed after seeing Sue.

"You didn't explain to me what these memories mean." Said Sajin. He looked at Sue who was watching the people walk past the café with a far off gaze. It looked like she wasn't listening.

"Sue..." He called out to her.

"Master?" Sue looked back Sajin.

"You didn't explain to me what those memories mean." He repeated with a hint of irritation.

"What Master sees are the memories that were forgotten by these people. As you receive the host also remembers them. These memories are seen as their reasons for living."

"So memories symbolises reasons for living?"

"No, Master. It's precious memories that give people reasons for living."

"Precious memories, huh..." Sajin said as he thought about the memories that flashed through his head. They definitely looked like precious memories.

"The black veins in the heart are strong negative emotions that build over time. The heart is like a vessel. As soon as it reaches the breaking point people commit suicide. That's where Master comes in."

"With Black Hearts Perception?"

"Yes, Master. These negative emotions cause people to forget memories like these over time, making it easier for people to accept these negative emotions. Master makes them remember these precious memories causing these negative emotions to disperse."

"Won't that only help them for a while?"

"What does Master mean?" Sue tilted her head to the side in confusion.

"I mean in the sense that, as long as people continue living they will always know pain, so won't they feel or have suicidal thoughts again in their lives?"

"Yes, Master. Some of them would feel the need at some point in their lives again."

"Then why -"

"Let me as Master this. Why isn't Master committing suicide?"

"Because of Hanako." He answered immediately. "She is my reason for living."

"I see. Does that not mean Master has prepared for any kinds of despair as long as Hanako is there?"

"Huh..." Sajin immediately understood what Sue meant.

Death is a certainty that everyone has to accept. The only uncertainty is how people are going to die. Sajin and Sue aren't really saving anyone. What they are doing is prolonging the person's life and changing the method by which they die.

Sajin realised that they may have postponed the death of the person but it will eventually happen. All they need to do is save them for now. Their could even be a chance that the person will never commit suicide again, depending on how precious these memories are to them.

"But its becoming a bit of a problem lately..." Sue muttered.

"Hmm? What is?" Sajin asked as he took out a notebook from his pocket and began scribbling in notes with a pen.

Sue had seen him done this before. When he had gotten random ideas for his lightnovels or manga he would take out his book and jot it down. Seeing that made almost made her smile.

"I am referring to the recent cases of suicide Master. Five are about to happen in an hour or so."

Sajin looked up at her and stopped writing. "Can't we do anything about it?"

"Unfortunately it's too late for them." Sue said as she looked out the window again. This must be the reason she keeps looking outside.

Sajin thought it was pretty cold of her to say it like that but he didn't question it further. He didn't deem it necessary.

The waitress came back and set their orders down. For Sajin it was rice dumplings along with lamb soup and a glass of orange juice. Sue only took a cup of coffee.

"You really like coffee, huh..." Sajin said as he began with meat soup. He was using a spoon instead of disposable chopsticks.

"It's because I do not want Master to waste money."

After the third spoon Sajin looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"You know, I do have money to -"

"That is not what I mean, Master." She said.

"Then what do you..." Sajin trailed off as he saw Sue do the most despicable move he has ever seen.

She pointed at the window.

Sajin had been completely fine because he wasn't looking anywhere but after she gave direction his eyes naturally followed. That's when he saw the hearts again. The disgusting, white, beating hearts on top of everyone's head passing by. Even the people who were inside the café.

"... Well played..." Sajin said as he stood up and pushed the meals towards Sue. She took it and waisted no time as she started eating.

"Thank you for the meal." She said with what almost looked like a smirk. Sajin didn't miss this as he gave a sigh of defeat.

I'll remember this...

Sajin then stood and made his way to the bathroom. His stomach was starting to disagree with him again.

*

After Sue finished eating Sajin had come and paid the bill for the meal. Sue wasn't lying when she said that Sajin wasn't wasting money this way.

They both still continued to stay at the café. Sajin had ordered another orange juice but this time he was drinking it with his eyes closed. Sue couldn't mess with him this time.

Sue had ordered a coffee and was sitting in silence while enjoying it.

"That's right, Master?" Sue called out Sajin who first finished his drink in one gulp before looking at her.

"What is it?"

"Why is everyone looking at us?" She asked and then Sajin looked around for once.

Without a doubt, everyone was staring at them. Thinking about it now Sajin was wondering why the waitress looked at Sue like she was admiring her. Sajin had been so focused on not noticing people that he hasn't felt the eyes of envy, jealousy and admiration focused on them.

"They just think you're really pretty." He said nonchalantly.

"... Master..."

"Hm?"

"Pervert."

"............ Heh?" Sajin pinched the bridge of his nose in annoyance. It seemed to become a regular thing now.

Sue suddenly stood up after finishing her coffee, her face somewhat flushed. "I'll be going then... It's almost time." She said and left before Sajin could say anything.

"I don't get it," Sajin said while sighing. After paying he decided that now was about the right time. He was going to visit Hanako today.

Just as he went out the door an accident occurred.

"Ah!" A girl gasped as she fell backwards on her rear. Sajin accidentally bumped into someone.

She had long straight black hair with her bangs cut in a slanted line. Her eyes looked like they were glowing in a yellow colour. What was disturbing about her was her skin.

It looked like it was an ashy gray colour. It didn't look like it was alive at all. The eerie feeling she gave off was that of a dead person.

"You alright?" Sajin asked as he reached out his hand for her to take. Her appearance was no older than a twelve year old.

"Thank you, Mister." She said as she got herself up using Sajin's hand. To Sajin her hands felt unnaturally cold.

"Your eyes." She said, pointing at his face. "They're a pretty gray colour."

He gave her a confused look. Sue had explained to him that his eyes look normal to normal people so they should see that his eye colour was black. Or was it black? He couldn't remember clearly.

"Thanks. That glow is really cool too. Do you wear contacts?" He decided to strike a conversation with her. He didn't know why - no, he did know why. He just didn't want to accept it because he thought she was a human being.

She didn't have a heart.

"Thank you! Although they are not contacts, they're natural for someone like me." She said with a smirk.

It threw him off balance that she acted so nice to him but he was breaking out in cold sweat. Something about her, behind the little cheerleader facade she was putting on had an extreme bloodlust and it was after him.

"No don't talk of him like that, he's actually cute." The girl suddenly said as she cocked her head to the side. Her eyes weren't focussed as if she wasn't talking to anyone in particular.

"..." Sajin didn't answer her.

"I told you to keep quiet when I'm talking to other people."

"... Who are you talking to?"

The girl slapped herself on the forehead. First she was talking to herself now she was hurting herself. Anyone would think this was bizarre, including him, but he didn't let it show on his face. Because of that bloodlust he knew she was really talking to someone or something else.

"Don't mind me! I was just talking to Fear... Haha..." She tried to laugh it off but the atmosphere didn't help at all.

People nearby didn't even dare to sneak a look at the conversation between the two of them. It was unlikely, but all their instincts screamed, "DEATH."

"You have The Eyes don't you?"

Her lips curled into a devious smile. "You'll see."

That was when Sajin blacked out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

780K 18.3K 17
"How dare you!!" His stare and cold voice made me step back with fear scared of what he will do "You clumsy woman!! Keep those disgusting hands of yo...
3.5K 213 16
(Shota Aizawa x Mermaid! Reader x Hizashi Yamada) Poly! -BOOK THREE of the Lush Life series! • One second, two seconds and the world had gone silent...
14.8K 454 35
~Tomura Shigaraki x OC AU~ Book 1 of 3 *Began: Monday, January 2, 2023* *Finished: Friday, March 17, 2023* Hands. That is what she saw. Hands. Hands...
895K 8.8K 7
Warning‼️This book contains abtruse topics such as Dark love, Abuse, Violence etc. You have been warned. "I thought after 3months of dealing with m...