When the Moon Takes Over

By breathe_the_night

Alexandra Halsey is an ordinary girl with ordinary friends. She doesn't feel complete and fully happy, maybe... More

My life, My friends.
Little crush
Marks and healed wounds
Fantasy became reality
New attitude
Missing part ( New attitude)
Alcohol with a hint of teasing.
Introductions and surprises.
Around the fire.
The bitter-sweet full moon
Morning after
Words can only do harm
Broken hearts
What's happening?
Explanations
Letting people in
That little monster that lives inside each of us
Secrets that brings us closer
Emotions that control us
Befriend your inner wolf
Tales of horror
There is no competition
Falling in love
Distractions
Some things are better left unspoken.
The heat season
Thanksgiving Dinner.
Let the truth be revealed.
Breaking the chains
Only a part of it
Darkness comes to life
We had an agreement
Saying no to the throne?
Something about you
Getting to know each other
I need you
Guilt and regrets
Let's begin
Connecting with yourself
Death is upon you
Obsession
Chaos
Chaos Pt. II
History of our family
Too late to stop a war
The end of an era
Bring you back to me
Safe Haven
Epilogue
Author's Note
Sequel!

Father, daughter time

23K 970 273
By breathe_the_night

I inserted the key and put the house code to go in. My house has a high security system.

"Kiddo, you're finally home". I heard his voice coming from the living room. I ran towards him and he held me tight in his warm embrace.

"Dad, you're finally here". My voice was full of emotions. I love my father. He doesn't spend much time at home, but when he does is really amazing. "It's so nice to see you, baby girl".

"You too dad, " his facial hair has grown. My dad is a tall man with light hazel eyes. His hair is dark brown with a light tanned skin color. Always wearing his expensive suits and jewelry. "Where have you been? Kiddo is late". "I was at a friend's house". Was my short response. Getting into details might be weird. Maybe he even knows about werewolfs. So better lay off that topic for now. I just want to enjoy him while he's here. He gave me a smile and nodded. "How long are you staying this time dad?

"One week, I have to go to Brazil". He saw the sadness in my eyes when he said those words. "I'll make it up to you, I'm all yours this week, and In the summer I can send you across the world with all your friends. What do you think about that?

I gave him a small smile. He knows I don't care about that all I want is quality time with him. He yawned and I did too. "Go to bed pumpkin you seem tired and I'm exhausted, perhaps tomorrow we can do something you like?. "Of course dad". I gave him a kiss on the cheek and went to my room.

After a quick shower, I lay in bed looking at the ceiling. Tonight was truly eventful and surprising. Who thought that Mr'Franco was the alpha. After a few minutes darkness surrounded me I was pretty exhausted.

*******

There was a light knock on my door waking me from my deep slumber.

"Yes?" I said in my sleepy voice while rubbing my eyes.

"May I come in sweetheart?" It was my dad's manly voice. I have missed him so much.

"Yeah, sure". He made his way inside and took a seat at the end of my bed. "Did you make plans for us today? He asked. "Not really, I'm sorry, " he gave a warming smile.

"No worries sweety, want to go out fishing with your old man today?" I have always enjoyed fishing with dad since I was a little girl. We used to get in his yacht and get far off shore till we couldn't see nothing surrounding us anymore. He has it prepared to catch big fish, one day we caught a marlin it was a great experience.

"Of course dad let me just get ready". I gave him a smile and he kissed my forehead. When he left my room, I ran to the bathroom, took a quick shower and put my hair in high ponytail. I decided to wear some black shorts with a crop tank top, under my clothes I put my bathing suit, and finally my converse. I know who wears sneakers to the beach? Well, I do because I hate wearing sandals. 

I grabbed my sun shades and headed downstairs. Dad was waiting in the living room with his expensive shades on, a white polo and khaki shorts.

"Hey! You shaved your facial hair", I said with a pout he laughed at my silly pout. "That shit was itching me like crazy". I join him in his laughter. "Now you look 30" he put his arm around my shoulders. "Baby girl I know you want me all for yourself, but who knows and there are some sexy women at the beach today. Maybe I can get the mother and you the daughter" I punched him hard in the arm, which caused him to laugh some more.

We got to the beach and dad made his way to the more private part of it. There is where he pays an anual fee to have people take care of his yacht.

"Mr' Grayson Halsey is so very nice to see you around here again with your little girl". Said the old man that is the owner of this part. He is very nice as a kid, I use to drive him crazy asking him questions and telling him to play with me and my stuffed animals. He was like my grandpa. I hugged him and he smiled.

"What can I do for you today Grayson?

"Prepare my yacht Ramon, we are going fishing". Dad said with a grin and Ramon quickly called his man to prepare the yacht.

After fifteen minutes Daddy and I were off deep sea. Dad was preparing the machinery to let it down to see if we catch something. I went to the fridge and grabbed us both a beer.

"Catch! I yelled at him". He did unexpectedly. "What is that on your hand Missy? You can't be drinking".

"Oh C'mon dad just this once" I gave him my puppy dog eyes and he accepted. "Just this once".

I sat to admire the view. Even though only water was surrounding us I find it beautiful and peaceful. Dad also took a seat next to me.

"Everything okay?" He asked. I nodded, but stayed silent. "So are you still interested in Cassidy?" Even if he is away, I tell him my things. Besides, I've been crushing on that girl since ninth grade. I took a sip from my beer and nodded again.

"Well, I bet you haven't even talked to her... right?"

"I kinda did, but she keeps on ignoring me. Frankly, I'm growing tired of it".

"What does kinda mean exactly sweetheart?" He took a sip of his beer now.

"Well, I went to this party and she was there. She was dared to give me a lap dance which she did. Then her boyfriend got mad and harshly approached her, he had no right since he was cheating on her right in front her face. She found out and was devastated, I took her home". I was cut off by dad.

"You didn't take advantage did you?" He asked with a serious look.

"Gosh dad no, she actually was really depressed, suddenly she began to feel guilty because of my past and her friends, so she apologized. She fell asleep in my arms. I was so happy dad. But then she went back to ignore me".

He inhaled deeply and exhaled. "Well, maybe she needs time to figure things out, It's not easy to accept that a complete stranger saw you in your most vulnerable state. Also, she might be afraid of new things. She seems like the type of girl that cares a lot about her friends' opinions. That explains that even though she felt guilty for them bullying you, she didn't take a stand for you. You should take the next step Alex, approach her. If she turns you down, then she is not worthy of your precious time".

He is right, I need to face this once and for all. Is not that I'm expecting for her to run into my arms, but at least she can offer me her friendship. If only she knew I could make her so happy.

"I love you dad, thank you". I gave him a kiss in the cheeks and he smiled. "Anytime sweetheart and I love you more, let me check the nets". He stood up and went to the backside of the yacht. After five minutes I heard running on the rooftop before I knew it, I saw he jumped in the water making a big splash. I began laughing hard he acts as a teenager.

"C'mon the water is great".

"What if there are sharks? I yelled at him with a smile on my face.

"Then I'll kill them with all my mighty strength".  He said while kissing his toned biceps. I just laughed and took off my tank top leaving me with only my top bikini part. I jumped in the water. We spent hours like that playing around and splashing water in each others face. We didn't catch any big fish but we had a blast.

We got home around six in the afternoon. I took a long shower. Then got comfortable with a pair of boy shorts with a bring me the horizon T'. I went downstairs because dinner was going to be served. Giovanny's food is amazing. After another chat with dad, he decided to put on our all time favorite movie which is The lion King. This movie gets to me every time Mufasa dies. It never gets old. Watching the scene tears escaped my eyes. Dad chuckled and hold me close to him. Someone rang the bell on the front door. " You are expecting someone?" He asks me, I shook my head "no". He stood up to get it.

"Oh.. Hey Mr' Halsey didn't know you were back home". Said the girly voice outside the door.

"I got here yesterday, is so nice to see you Penelope". I stood up to see what was up.

"Hey, what's up? I asked her. "Nothing, I was just bored and kinda wanted to hang out". She said while looking at her hands.

"You can stay Penelope, I was going to sleep anyways". I gave him a smile and kissed him. He went upstairs. So I dragged her inside too. The credits of the movie were rolling up.

"So what do you want to do? I asked. She shrugged and said anything. We decided to put the Texas chainsaw massacre. I went to the kitchen to prepare popcorn and grab some soda. The microwave was about to finish when I heard a knock on the door. I look at the wall clock. 1:13 a.m. who could it be at this hour?

"Oh... um hi is Alexandra here?"

"Yeah, she's in the kitchen, who's asking?"

"Kylie"

When I heard her name I went to the front. "Hey, what's up?" I asked her.

"I was running you know and saw your lights on so I wanted to bother you a bit, but you have a guest so I guess I'll see you around?"

"You can stay, we are watching a scary movie... um Penelope this is Kylie, Kylie this is Penelope." They shook hands and for a second there I saw their eyes sparkle.

I told Penelope that I knew Kylie because Mark introduced us. She didn't ask, but I felt weird. After the movie ended, we watched the conjuring. It was already 3:36 a.m. so we headed to my room. They actually got along just fine.

They stayed on the floor reading some stuff from a magazine. I just let them be and fell asleep. I thought I was dreaming when I heard moaning and rustling sounds. But no, when I opened my eyes, I still heard it. I looked at my nightstand clock. 4:57

"Mmm, just like that!".

"Shit! Are you guys for real? I'm right here you pigs!" I threw a pillow at them without even attempting to look down. I knew that they froze which made me laugh, but seriously they are nuts. I also knew that Kylie is gay and Penelope bisexual.

"We're sorry".... Said Kylie. Penelope jumped on the bed. Tickling me. "Get off you whore" I said between laughs. After an hour we went back to bed, thankfully I didn't hear anymore sex sounds.

A.N>> So I enjoyed writing this chapter. I can relate. I'm really close with my dad as well. Thanks to everyone that has taken their time to read my story, it means a lot. Any thoughts on Penelope and Kylie?

Sorry for the errors guys

Lots of love

K.S ^&^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241 23 24
Alexandra Berezins life has never normal. As a half-blood vampire she is an uncommon being and one with many weaknesses but after an attack in the to...
18.6K 587 19
Alpha Alex has been look for his mate since turned 18. Now at the age of 26, waiting 8 long painful years for her. He also as other responsible to hi...
797K 36.2K 27
Drunk driving is a big problem in the world. One wrong decision can possibly end someone's life. That's what happened to Kasey Walker. She and her tw...
610K 25.8K 33
**Unedited** Rule number one: do not get attached. It was a simple rule, really, one Jada Warren had no doubt she could follow effortlessly. After a...