Living with the Midoriyas

By famulan07

Izuku, Ochako, and Eri have been happily living as a family for the past 5 years, but when they encounter an... More

Part 1: All Grown Up
Part 2: A New Friend
Part 3: The Beginning
Part 4: Home
Part 5: What Matters Most
Part 7: Surprise!
Part 8: Promotions
Part 9: Encounters
Part 10: Tenjin Matsuri (Part 1)
Part 11: Tenjin Matsuri (Part 2)
Part 12: Confessions
Part 13: Announcement
Part 14: What'll It Be?
Part 15: Reveal
Part 16: Freedom
Part 17: A Birthday to Remember
Part 18: Plans
Part 19: Darkness
Part 20: Valentine's Day
Part 21: Miracles
Part 22: Illusions
Part 23: Rescue (Part 1)
Part 24: Rescue (Part 2)
Part 25: Rescue (Part 3)
Part 26: Arrival
Part 27: Prayers
Part 28: Company
Part 29: Completion
Part 30: Happily Ever After

Part 6: Secrets

5.8K 121 79
By famulan07

Eri continuously twiddled with her fingers on the way to the hospital. She kept her head down as many thoughts raced through her mind.

"Your mom's going to be fine, squirt. Promise. She's been through worse."

Bakugo reached over and gently held one of her hands for a moment. A few minutes later, they both arrived at the hospital.

"Excuse me." Ari said as she peeped her head over the counter to speak with a receptionist.

Although she was 11, she was quite short for her age.

"I'm looking for my parents, Izuku and Ochako Midoriya. They're also known as Deku and Uravity." She told the receptionist.

The receptionist looked them up on her computer.

"Ah, yes. Room 156."

"Thank you." Eri replied as she grabbed Bakugo's hand and headed towards the elevators.

—————

"Momma? Papa?" Eri asked as she knocked on the door.

"Come in." Izuku said. Eri rushed over to her father and embraced him, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I-I was so worried, papa. I hate when you and momma leave me to go fight alone. I w-want to help." She sobbed.

Izuku stroked the back of her head as he held her close.

"I know you do, Eri. It's just too dangerous for you right now. Your mom and I want to keep you safe."

Eri had been so focused on her father that she didn't notice that her mother wasn't in the room at the moment.

"Where's momma..?" She gasped.

"She's having some tests done right now, but she'll be back soon." Izuku gave her a soft smile for comfort.

Eri wiped her tears. She had to be strong.

"Eri?" called a familiar voice.

"Grandma!" Eri ran towards Inko and gave her a bear hug.

"What are you doing here, grandma?" She asked her.

"Your dad called and told me about what happened. I had just gone to bed a few hours or so beforehand, so I got ready and immediately came here."

"Mom, Eri hasn't eaten in awhile. Will you take her down to the cafeteria? I know it's really early in the morning, but it's open 24/7."

"Sure, honey." Inko happily obliged. "Come on now, Eri. Let's go get you something to eat."

She took Eri's hand as the two headed downstairs to the cafeteria.

Bakugo noticed that Izuku had given his last attempt at a fake smile. He finally was able to show his true emotions—restlessness, fear, and exhaustion. He frowned, hung his head down, and closed his eyes.

"It's pretty bad, huh?" Bakugo asked.

"Yeah.. They're taking her to have more tests done, but the doctor said we're looking at a possible concussion and other things they aren't sure of yet." Izuku replied, his hand covering his forehead.

"What do you mean?"

"Before we left the scene, she looked as if she was going to faint. I knew she had lost quite a bit of blood, but it wasn't enough for her to pass out from it, so it must be something else. The doctors don't know what. She actually did end up passing out in my arms on the way here, and on top of that, there was a point where she looked very pale and weak. I hurried here as fast as I could. They've been doing tests ever since."

Bakugo noticed how tired Izuku looked, but he knew he wouldn't rest until his wife was okay.

"She'll be fine. As I told Eri, she's strong." He said, trying to comfort him.

"Izuku Midoriya?" Izuku looked up to see a nurse wheeling Ochako back into the room. He assisted the nurse in transferring her from the wheelchair back into the bed.

"I'll be back with the test results soon. Until then, try to let her get some rest. You need some as well, Mr. Midoriya. If there's anything else you need, please use the call light and we'll be here to assist you."

"Okay, thank you." Izuku thanked the nurse before she left the room with the wheelchair.

"Hey." Izuku smiled warmly at his wife as he took hold of her hand.

"H-hey." She whispered softly.

"My h-head hurts." She said as she winced when she tried to turn her head to look at him.

"I'm sorry." He said as he kissed her temple. "They've got you cleaned up and you're already looking much better than you did earlier."

"I'm sure I'm a mess right now." She laughed to herself as she thought about how funny she must look right now. "Maybe just a little." Izuku teased.

Knock knock knock.

"Come in."

Author's Note: The doctor's last name is Minoru, however, he is in no way related to Mineta. At the time when I came up with this character, I didn't realize his last name was the same as Mineta's first.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Midoriya. I'm Dr. Minoru. I came to tell you that we are working on your remaining test results as we speak. From what we can see, you have a mild concussion, but we want to monitor you overnight due to you passing out. We will have official results for that as soon as we can. I will return with the results as soon as I find them. Please let me know if you need anything."

"T-thank you doctor." Ochako replied.

—————

A little while later, Eri and Inko returned to the room. "Momma!" She said as she ran by her side.

"Eri, please use your inside voice, okay? Momma's head hurts." Izuku gently informed her.

Eri covered her mouth with her hands. "S-sorry." She whispered.

She gently laid her head on her mother's shoulder.

"Eri, honey. The doctors want to keep me here overnight so they can observe me. Is it okay if you stay the night with Grandma Inko? She'll bring you home once your dad and I are back home."

She gave Eri a soft kiss on the head.

"Yeah, momma. I wish you could come home though." She replied sadly.

"Me too, Eri. Me too. I should be able to come home tomorrow though."

Eri nodded and left with Inko.

"Bye, Izuku and Ochako. I hope you get to feeling better. Keep me updated." Inko said as she left the room with Eri's hand in hers.

"I better get going too. I'll see you two later. Keep me informed." Bakugo waved goodbye and left the two to be alone.

After everyone had left, Izuku crawled into the hospital bed with his wife, making sure to not lay on her IV or monitor wires that she was hooked up to.

He snuggled against her shoulder and quickly fell asleep. She leaned her head into his until she too fell asleep.

—————

Around 11 AM, there were several knocks at the door, awakening the couple from their sleep. Izuku groggily slid from off the bed.

"You can come in." He said.

"Good morning. It's almost lunch time, so I wanted to ask if you two wanted anything." A cafeteria worker said.

"I think I'd like a burger, please. Ochako, do you want anything?"

She shook her head. She didn't feel hungry.

"Okay, thank you. I'll be right back with your lunch."

Within 30 minutes, Izuku was enjoying his lunch as his wife conversed with him.

Knock knock.

"Mrs. Midoriya? Your test results have come in." Dr. Minoru said as he held a medical chart in his hand.

The couple patiently and anxiously awaited his response.

"It seems that everything is normal. Your vitals are great. I do have some news for you though."

They continued to look at the doctor with eager stares.

"After your tests, we thought we had found a small mass in your abdomen. We were unsure of what exactly it was until further tests were done. After an ultrasound, it was confirmed that it was not a mass.. but a baby. Congratulations to the both of you!"

Izuku almost dropped his burger onto the floor. His eyes widened to the size of tennis balls and his mouth was left agape. Ochako continued to stare in disbelief.

"I know that during your last battle, you got quite a nasty hit to the head. I'm sure you assumed that you passed out due to the blood loss. That was part of it, but it was also due to the baby. Your body was beyond exhausted and you were in no condition to fight. I recommend giving hero work a rest for awhile."

Ochako looked down at her lap in shock at her husband's hand that was now gently pressed against her stomach.

"W-we're going to be parents.. again.." he said through happy sobs.

"Parents again.." she thought to herself.

The thought caused her to smile widely as the two cried happy tears together.

"I recommend that you get an appointment for an ultrasound with an OBGYN soon. I'll see what appointments are available for you and get back with you about scheduling the date. Congratulations again." Dr. Minoru smiled at the ecstatic couple as he exited the room.

"Parents.. again!" Ochako repeated as she blushed.

• • • • •

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 18.3K 151
Izuku Midoriya and Ochako Uraraka are two pro heroes in training and promising ones at that. They attend UA High which is well known for producing po...
125K 2.2K 76
In a world where 80% of the population had some sort of quirk, izuku midoriya lives a horrid live of bring one of the unlucky, quirkless ones. He's a...
126K 2.5K 50
Five years after graduation, Deku and Uraraka are finally getting married. All their friends and relatives are excited and ready to help them to make...
740K 12.9K 65
This is a group of oneshots and scenarios for Boku no Hero Acadamia! In English terms it is My Hero Acadamia. (I put BNHA and MHA for people who migh...