More Than Love-A Hardzello AU

By Hardzzello_queenfan

An AU about Joe Mazzello and Ben Hardy in high school. Ben is the school's football quarterback and is Joe's... More

Welcome
1 - I Was Made For Lovin' You
2 - It's A Long, Hard Life
3 - P.S. I Love You
4 - I Can't Help Falling In Love With You
5 - You Don't Know What It Means To Me
6 - Life Goes On . . . Without You
8 - I Still Love You
9 - Someone Still Loves You
10 - I Got A Taste Of Love In A Simple Way
11 - My Gift Is My Chapter And This One's For You
12 - Faster Than My Bullet
13 - When I Ruled The World
14 - We Can Work It Out
15 - Lemon Boy
16 - Take Me To Church
17 - Ho, Ho, Ho
18 - All Of Me
19 - Nobody Said It Was Easy
20 - Saturday Night's Alright
21 - I Want To Hold Your Hand
22 - Under Pressure
23 - Close Your Eyes
24 - I'm Gonna Love Me Again
25 - Once I Was 7 Years Old
26 - For You To Be Here
Ending, thank you, and the sequel

7 - Things Are Better If You Stay

405 11 12
By Hardzzello_queenfan

He didn't make it. 

I couldn't believe it. My dad, my baby's grandpa, was gone. I didn't even tell him how much I love him, I didn't tell him a thank you for always being there for me, I didn't even get a chance to tell him that he was going to be a grandpa. 

"T-Thank you for telling me. My family and I will be there today to say our final goodbyes." 

"Alright, that's okay. I'm really sorry for your loss. Goodbye, sir." 

"Goodbye." I hung up the phone. I couldn't believe that he was gone. Well, I just didn't want to believe it. I don't want to tell people that the man who raised me is no longer walking this Earth. I don't want to tell them that I no longer have a father, and now my baby will never know what their grandfather was like . . . I really don't want him to be gone.

I had to tell my mom what happened. I went up to her and my dad's room. 

Well, now it's just her room. 

I opened the door. She was asleep and I really didn't want to wake her, but I had to. "Mom. Mom. Mom!" She then woke up. "What's wrong, honey?" 

I couldn't keep it in any longer, I started crying. "It's dad . . .h-he's gone." She sat up once she heard that. 

"What?" 

"I just got a call from one of the nurses and she told me that he didn't make it." She started crying, too. She pulled me into a hug. "We need to go to the hospital to see him for the last time, okay?" She told me and I nodded quickly. She told me to go wake Mary and John up, and that's what I did. They were really confused that they had to wake up this early but I told them that dad didn't make it. Needless to say, they weren't confused anymore.

We got into the car and sped away to the hospital. During the car ride, I explained to everyone what happened and how I found out that he died. Everyone in the car was now crying. We got to the hospital as fast as we could. We got out of the car once we parked the car and we went inside. We went to his room and we saw his lifeless body on a hospital bed. I started crying again.

3 HOUR LATER

I fell asleep two hours ago in one of the chairs they had in the hospital room due to lack of sleep that night. I knew that I shouldn't fall asleep in a time like this but I just didn't have any energy left and I couldn't keep my head up anymore. I was really sad once I woke up because it meant that this wasn't a dream. I just looked at his body with sadness, while My mom, John, Mary, and I discussed happy moments with him. 

I was in the middle of telling my mom a story when suddenly, I had this nauseous feeling in my stomach. I had to puke. I ran out of the room, holding my stomach. I didn't even tell my mom where I was going, I just ran to the nearest bathroom. I opened the door and immediately threw up in the toilet. I forgot that it was seven o'clock, so this meant morning sickness. This time it was really violent for some reason, I guess it was because of all the crying i did. 

After a while, I was done and I could go back to the room. 

"Where were you?" My mom asked me when I came back into the room. "Just morning sickness." She nodded at that. Then a nurse came into the room and told us we had to go. We did as told and left. Right before we could leave, my mom talked to the nurse for a few minutes. I didn't know what they were talking about but I didn't care. I took this time tell Ben what happened. I texted him and I knew he would be awake because he had football practice that morning. 

I texted him, 'My dad didn't make it.' I waited for an answer. I didn't get to see his answer because my mom was finally done talking to the nurse and she said we could go home.

Once we were in the car again, she told me this, "Hey, Joe, if you're wondering what I was talking about with the nurse, I was booking an appointment for an ultrasound for you." 

YES! 

"Really? Thank you, mom!" i happily thanked her. "No problem." She proudly told me. There's no way that I'm not going to invite Ben to it.

Ben's pov

Yesterday was probably the best day of my life. I found out that I'm going to be a father! How could it not be the best day of my life? I really wish I could say the same for Joe, his dad was in a car crash. I really hope his dad is okay. My baby needs a grandfather. Yeah, I do have my dad but my dad is a dick. He doesn't deserve to call my baby his grandchild. 

I got out of bed this morning and went downstairs to see my mum and dad. They still don't know that I'm gay, or going to be a father. If they did know, they will kill me. 

I went downstairs and saw that they were having an argument, like always. I got a box of cereal out of the cabinet and made some cereal as breakfast. Today I had morning football practice so I had to be up super early. I ate my breakfast pretty quickly and went back upstairs to do my normal routine. Once I was ready for the day, I went downstairs again and heard that my mum said goodbye as I walked out the door. She and my dad were still having an argument but that always happens so it's fine. 

I got into my Rolls Royce and sped away to my high school. While I was driving to the school, I got a text from Joe. It said that his father didn't make it. I was devastated. My baby is now only going to get a dick for a grandpa. I'm really upset now.

Once I got to the school, I parked in the parking lot. I got out and went to the football field. I saw everyone there. I was a little late so once I was there, we could start practicing.

Jason's pov (If you don't remember, he's Ben's wide receiver.)

I'm completely and utterly pissed at Ben. Why did he punch me last week? Why didn't he join me while I was trying to convince that fag to kill himself? Normally he doesn't like Joe so I'm pretty confused. Once Ben got to the field, we could start to practice. I would go up to him to ask him what was going on with him, but once we start practicing we can't talk to anyone. So I just waited it out until it was over.

Two hours later, we were done and all sweaty. We all went back to the locker room and I saw Ben looking at his phone with a huge smile, he was ever so slightly jumping up and down. It was obvious that he was excited. Then the coach came into the locker room and told everyone that as a reward there was ice cream and sprinkles outside waiting for us. (Undrafted reference.) Everyone cheered and ran out the door. I was following behind everyone as a way to make it look like I was going with them, but in reality, I'm actually going to check Ben's phone. 

He left it near his backpack while it was still on, and I wanted to see what he was so excited about. I saw on the screen what it was and I couldn't believe my eyes. He was texting Joe!  

(These are what the texts look like. The left are Joe's and the right are Ben's.)

Hey, Ben. My dad didn't make it.

                                                                                                                                               Oh My god, Joe! I'm so sorry! 

It's okay. It's not your fault. 

                                                                                                                                                            I hope you're okay!

I am . . . not really, but I'm trying to stay strong. I also have a bit of good news.

                                                                                                                                                                                 What is it?

My mom booked me an appointment for an ultrasound and I was wondering if you would like to see your baby for the first time.

                                                                                                                                I WOULD LOVE TO GO!!! When is it?

In a week. I'm so excited!

                                                                                                      Me too!! Anyways, I have to go. I love you, baby!

You do?

                                                                                                                                                                         Yes! I truly do. 

I love you, too. Bye.

                                                                                                                                                                                              Bye. 

Are you fucking kidding me?! 

Ben is a fag?! Ben got Joe pregnant?! I mean, I knew Ben had some ugly girlfriends in the past, but I didn't know he was so stupid that he would even touch Joe, let alone fuck him. I decided that I should take a screenshot of the texts. I did just that, then I heard footsteps coming into the locker room. I put Ben's phone down and went to my locker at the speed of light. Then, the whole team came back in with ice cream in each of their hands. Woah, that was a close one. Now I have proof that Ben is a fag. Now I know why Ben has been so close to Joe recently.

1 WEEK LATER 

Ben's pov

I've been texting Joe almost every hour of every single day. I love talking to him. I love him. I also love the baby inside him. 

Today is the day that I'm going to see that baby for the first time. I'm guessing it's about two weeks old now. Joe always calls to tell me that he's having morning sickness. I don't know why, but he does. 

I woke up, did my normal routine, and headed out the door. I got in my car and immediately sped away to Joe's house. He texted me and asked me if before we leave for the appointment if it's okay if I meet his family for the first time. I said yes because it would be nice to meet the grandma, uncle, and aunt of my child. I got to his house and he was the one to answer the door once I knocked on it. He pulled me into a hug and a kiss once he opened the door. He let me in his house and I saw his mum, and two siblings on the couch. "Guys, this is Ben, my boyfriend." 

"Hi, Ben." They all said to me.

I have to say, his family is really sweet. They were very welcoming and they were also really happy about the fact that Joe was pregnant. I wish I could say the same with my parents. They would kill me if they found out I was gay and going to be a father. I honestly don't care if they make me get rid of it if they did find out. Joe is carrying my baby! I will never let anything happen to it or Joe. In the 17 years that I've been on this planet, I fell in love twice. First with Joe, and now with my baby that is in his belly as I say this. Joe and the baby are both equally the loves of my life. Without either of them, I have no clue what I would do. 

We got to the doctor office and waited for them to call his name so we could go. They, after a while, called his name and we went to the ultrasound room. The doctor came in and told Joe to lay on his back. He did just that and the doctor rolled his shirt up so his torso was exposed. The doctor asked us how old the baby is while he got the gel out. We told him that it was maybe two weeks old or so. He got the transducer out, too. The doctor squirted the gel on his stomach then he placed the transducer on his stomach. Joe made me hold his hand while the doctor searched for something in Joe's womb. Finally after a while of searching, the doctor found a little spot in the center of the screen. 

(Yes, I got this image off of Google. Stop roasting me.)

My eyes started to tear up once i saw that, and so did Joe's. It was not out of sadness, it was out of happiness. That's my baby! I love it so much! It's Baby Hardy or Baby Mazzello, I like Baby Mazzello better.

After about an hour, we headed back to his house to show his family the pictures we got to keep. I held his hand the whole time we were driving. I made sure that my hand didn't leave his grip. "I love you," I said to him. He smiled at me. 

"I love you, too." There was a little moment of silence, then he spoke again. "Hey, Ben?" 

"Yeah?" 

"My dad's funeral is tomorrow so If you'll be wondering why I'm not at school, that's why." 

"Okay, " I nodded. 

"I wish I could have him back. He definitely would've been so happy that I'm pregnant," he told me, sadly. "I know, I know." I curressed the back of his hand with my thumb as a way to settle the mood. 

"I love you, ben." 

"I love you, too, Joe."

Hello, my dudes!!! This chapter was really long. It's 2369 words. So yeah, a lot happened in this chapter and yes, there will be more tea on the whole screenshot text messages thing, it'll be spicy. QUESTION!!! Do you like Baby Hardy or Baby Mazzello better? Anyway, I'm gonna go. Thank you so much for reading and I love every single one of you!

Have a good day/night!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237 20 8
"Stop looking at me" She spits out without even looking at me, but I know she can feel my stare. "No" I say smiling innocently. "Jackson, Im seriou...
2.4M 97K 66
Carter Parrish lived a happy, simple life with his mom, and knowing she had found her way back to love was the best news he could have ever received...
27.2K 965 45
[COMPLETED] "Well, well look who decided to show up on the party.", he then look at me up and down before putting one hand up on his chin. "And he's...
4.5K 125 27
I already wrote two Hardzello stories, and had a lot of ideas that didn't make either of the fan fictions. Either because the idea was too vague or t...