make you mine.

By flayerfeed

two broken hearts meet. mileven au. [lowercase intended] completed 28/9/19 More

cast + intro
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen

seventeen

3.1K 105 86
By flayerfeed

  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
MAKE YOU MINE
PUBLIC
  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
[ chapter seventeen! ]

max gently applied a pink blush to jane's soft cheeks, turning them a rosy pink colour, matching her tinted lips. jane felt both slightly nervous and different as max carefully applied the makeup, as she had never worn it before.

"my work is complete, you look like a model!" max concludes as she stands back to look at jane, confidentially putting her hands on her own hips as she grins widely.

"can i see?" jane asks worriedly as she shuffles around in her dress. max nods in response, bringing over a circular mirror.

"i look so... different." jane points out as she stares into the mirror, taking notice of the pale purple eye shadow and pink blush max had applied.

"sure, but it's a good different!" max reassures as she sits next to jane on the bed, fixing her hair clip carefully as she does so.

"i'm just so nervous- i have never been to a school dance before! and i've never even danced." jane explains as she stands up, beginning to pace up and down her bedroom.

max immediately rolls her eyes, not understanding why jane was so nervous when she had no need to be. "hey- hey! it's going to be great okay? you're worrying way too much." max says reassuringly as jane stops pacing.

jane lets out a sigh as she nods her head in response, attempting to calm herself down. "i just hope i don't end up doing anything stupid you know? that would be so embarrassing-"

"hey- if anyone was to do something stupid it
would be mike! have you seen that boy trying to dance?! he's shit!" max exclaims as she begins to laugh, causing jane to laugh too at the thought of mike dancing with his clumsiness.

"yeah i guess- i just hope it's a good night." jane says with a small smile as she stands up to straighten her dress.

"of course it will be! now are you ready?" max asks as she too stands up and grabs jane's hands.

jane nods, and the two flurry down the stairs in excitement as their dresses flow behind them.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

the school gym was buzzing with excitement as the pair entered, students dancing in groups and pairs as they drink from the plastic red party cups. the gym had also been decorated to fit the theme of dance, paper snow flakes and tinsel spread everywhere and a huge sign proudly stuck at the back of the gym saying 'hawkins middle snow ball 86'

jane quickly began to feel out of place, other students giving her judgmental looks as if she wasn't supposed to be there. however when max put an arm over her shoulder she remembered that those other people didn't matter, their thoughts and opinions on her didn't mean anything, because she had friends that cared for her, and in the end that's all she needed.

"looks like we're here before the boys!" max says loudly over the music as she sits down at a table.

"how do the boys manage to take longer than us?" jane asks with a small laugh as she sits next to max.

"it's probably dustin doing his hair or something, he said he's trying something different tonight and he claimed he is going to be a whole new man" max says, air quoting the last part as she rolls her eyes.

as jane scans the school gym to see if they've arrived, she locks eyes with stacey, who was glaring at her coldly from across the gym.

"ignore stacey, she's probably jealous because you look ten times better than her." max ensures as she turns jane around by holding her shoulders.

jane nods as she lets out a small sigh. "i just wish she would move on you know? i mean i never even did anything to make her hate me so much."

"she dislikes most people, don't worry too much." max informs, taking a small sip from her drink.

"i guess, some people are just so negative." jane says, releasing yet another sigh.

"holy shit they're here!" max exclaims as she jumps up from her seat to wave.

"wait what? how do you know?" jane asks as she too stands up from her chair.

"i can see dustin's hair towering over everyone." max says, as she points over to a curly bush of hair moving through the crowd.

before jane and max could laugh, the four boys make it to their table with grins on their faces.

mike immediately turns to look at jane, and almost stops breathing as he does so. he couldn't comprehend how she looked so perfect in that moment, and he felt so lucky to be hers.

without hesitation he walks up to her, holding her hand tightly as she looks up at him with a goofy smile slowly creeping up onto her face.

"you look uh- amazing jane." mike says as he continues to stare at her, unable to pull his eyes away from her.

"thank you." jane says shyly as her cheeks turn a bright shade of red, causing mike to blush too.

"so uh- do you want to dance?" mike asks as he holds onto her other hand gently.

jane nods in response, and without hesitation mike pulls her into the the crowd of students who were slow dancing.

however as jane begins to wrap her arms around mike's neck, in the corner of her eye she notices someone marching up to her angrily.

as the person comes closer her heart immediately sinks as she recognizes it to be stacey.

"what the hell do you want stacey?" mike growls as stacey stands with her hands on her hips.

"oh nothing! i just thought i'd tell jane here that she should stop trying so hard to be better than me." stacey says angrily as she continues to glare at jane.

"stacey, what the hell are you talking about?" jane asks as she turns to face stacey, become more and more annoyed with the girl.

"well i heard troy talking about how you looked prettier than me tonight, which obviously isn't true!" stacey cries out dramatically as both jane and mike try to hold in a laugh.

"jealousy doesn't look good on you stacey." mike says with a smirk as her puts his arm around jane.

"jealous? why would i be jealous of the school freak? she's the most plain, boring looking girl i have ever seen in my entire life and if i looked like her is wouldn't want to come into school!" stacey lets suddenly.

"what is wrong with you? why do you have to be so horrible?!" jane says loudly as she walks up to stacey.

"god jane! just face it! you don't belong here, you don't fit in, you'll always just be recognised as the freak of the school who never speaks to anyone. stop trying to fit in, because you never will!" stacey fires back harshly.

jane doesn't respond to stacey's comment, instead she shoves her way through the crowds of people and out the exit doors.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"jane? jane?!" mike calls out as he searches the school desperately for the girl.

he speed walks up and down corridors hopelessly searching for her, until he finally notices mr clarke's classroom door wide open.

he runs in, and to his luck he sees her sat behind her desk as she plays with her dress miserably.

"jane! are you okay?" mike asks, panic noticeable in his voice as he sits across from her.

"yeah, i'm fine. i just overreacted." jane says as she shrugs carelessly.

"no- you didn't. what she said was awful. you have the right to be upset." mike ensures as he leans forward in his chair.

"i know, but i have grown used to people calling me a freak and ugly! it doesn't even upset me anymore, so i don't know why i'm letting it bother me now." jane explains with a sigh.

"you can't help how you feel, and it's better to react than keep all your thoughts bottled up." mike explains, "and what she said was bullshit. she's just jealous of you. you're not plain or boring looking, okay? i've never met anyone as beautiful as you. i promise."

jane smiles softly at the boy as she kisses his cheek. "i love you mike."

he gently presses his lips against hers, kissing her softly. because in the end, she was the only person he wanted to kiss, she was the only person he wanted to hug and wake up to in the morning, and she was the only person who he truly loved.

"i love you too."

THE END

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

a/n; ahh it's finished! i'm not sure how i feel about the ending but overall i loved their relationship development and i hope you all did too!

i am coming out with a new angsty mileven fanfic soon so watch out for that!

anyway thank you for reading and voting for for this book, i seriously appreciate it so much

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 688 18
❝ she may look fine, but she is so, so broken ❞ {mileven lowercase intended}
65.7K 2.8K 23
❛After all, he's broken. And she's the only one who could fix him ❜ In which Mike misses El, and she misses him. [LOWERCASE INTENDED]
16K 686 17
( πš–πš’πš•πšŽπšŸπšŽπš— 𝚊𝚞 / πšŒπš˜πš•πš•πšŽπšπšŽ!𝚊𝚞) in which mike wheeler realizes that nothing feels like her.
9.1K 268 27
every story needs closure. el thought their closure would always be bad, but maybe it just wasn't as permanent as she thought. (mileven au)