My Sweet Devil - JENLISA

By My_Mysterious_Author

Ruby Jane is a sexy, confident and smart woman who is always trying to experience new things. One day she met... More

Chapter 1 : RubyJane
Chapter 2: Shooting
Chapter 3: Coffee
Chapter 4: Work
Chapter 5: First
Chapter 6 : Uncertain
Chapter 7 : Agreement
Chapter 8 : Decision
Chapter 9 : Night [M]
Chapter 10 : Suspicious
Chapter 11 : Doubt
Chapter 12 : Friend
Chapter 13 : Confidence
Chapter 14 : Tonight
Chapter 15 : VIP [M]
Chapter 16 : Unclear
Chapter 17 : Competition
Chapter 18 : Reward [M]
Chapter 19 : Project
Chapter 20 : Enjoy
Chapter 21 : Past
Chapter 22 : Confused
Chapter 23 : Surprise
Chapter 24 : Reverse
Chapter 25 : Enraged [M]
Chapter 26 : Fix
Chapter 27 : Back
Chapter 28 : Jennie
Chapter 29 : Time
Chapter 30 : Mall
Chapter 31 : Painting [M]
Chapter 32 : Warning
Chapter 33 : Wife
Chapter 34 : Dinner
Chapter 35 : Act
Chapter 36 : Play [M]
Chapter 37 : Suspicious
Chapter 38 : Rest
Chapter 39 : Rosé
Chapter 40 : Bingo
Chapter 41 : Promise
Chapter 42 : Craving [M]
Chapter 43 : Akio
Chapter 44 : Broken
Chapter 45 : Wrong
Chapter 46 : Secrets
Chapter 47 : Remorse
Chapter 48 : Away
Chapter 49 : Crazy
Chapter 51 : Hope
Chapter 52 : Conquer
Chapter 53 : Prove
Chapter 54 : Bittersweet [M]
Chapter 55 : Once
Chapter 56 : Devil
Epilogue

Chapter 50 : Friends

31.4K 1.1K 541
By My_Mysterious_Author

LISA'S POV

The sound of the clock hanging on the white wall of the hospital echoed throughout the deserted hallway. Staring at the second hand move, I was suddenly hypnotized. Only Yaya's crying still echoed in my ears and I was helpless in front of them. Yes, we were told a few hours ago that his father had finally passed away. After many attempts at resuscitation, he had definitely left us. I got the news when I was in the studio from Yaya who was panicked on the phone. I didn't take long to realize what had happened. 

I had been back from New York for a week and no surprise, my research did not meet my expectations but I had mentally prepared to face a failure. That's why as soon as I got back, I had already taken a look at the next flights. I had planned to first manage all my important appointments before deciding to buy a ticket. However, the loss of Mr. Sperbund was going to be an obstacle and it was clear that I would not be able to return to it soon. 

I was waiting for Yaya to finish talking to the doctor. I was thinking about offering her a ride before I dropped her off at her house. It was clear that she was having one of the worst moments of her life and as a friend, I think it was important to support her in these moments. I didn't want her to think that she was alone facing the problems and that despite our separation, it wasn't going to stop me from being there for her. I was not only worried about her but also about Lia. I had the opportunity to pick her up from school and so I was able to meet her teacher. She reassured me that I shouldn't worry about it, that psychologists were at her service if she noticed that the child's attitude had changed. According to her, Lia may feel sad sometimes, but thanks to her friends, she soon forgets her grief and starts smiling again. Honestly, I was relieved to hear that because I was afraid that our break-up would have huge consequences on her, although it was inevitable, but I wanted at best to protect her. I hope one day she will understand the reason and she will of course know who is her real father. 

Tired of sitting around, I decided to take a walk because I was getting depressed when I saw the painful faces of families. If I kept watching them, I would certainly fall into a depression. So I walked along the hallways where there were large windows. It allowed daylight to pass through the building or you would feel like you were locked in an asylum. 

I was about to turn the corner to take the elevator when I saw Yaya down the hall talking to Bobby. I didn't know what they were talking about, but by analyzing their body language, I figured out that Bobby was reassuring Yaya. I was more or less aware that their relationship was quite tense. Honestly, I was glad she gave him a chance as a friend. It may sound weird to say it, but I'm happy she ran into Bobby instead of another guy because I know he's a good person and he would never hurt Yaya. The fact that he has been able to wait for her for all these years is enough to show how sincere his love is.

Yaya was starting to cry and she was suddenly weak and fragile that Bobby had taken her in his arms. I would probably have been jealous when I saw them, but strangely enough, a smile appeared on my lips. Finally a good thing was happening in my life. That's when I realized that Bobby would probably take over and take care of her because she really deserved someone who loved and adored her. So I sent a quick message to Bobby to take her home because I knew he had reached the end of his shift today. I no longer had to worry about her anymore and that's absolutely something good. 

I was finally back in my new house which was half full of furniture which reminded me that I would have to spend my free time unpacking the rest of the boxes that were lying on the floor and cluttering the way according to Rosé. Lying lifeless in the couch, I looked at the walls of the living room, which I found a little too bland to like. Maybe I should bring some joy back to this house if I didn't want Lia to be scared and end up believing that I bought a haunted house. It is true that the condition of the house was not recent but I believe a few tinkering and it will be as good as new. Besides, I wasn't really going to complain because it was right next to the studio. Even if it was missing a roof, I would still have taken it.

A noisy stomach noise sounded because I was hungry. I was not motivated to prepare myself to eat with the groceries I bought at the supermarket because I was not only lazy but also not used to making food. I could make simple dishes but it didn't deserve to be presented in a 5-star restaurant, even a fast food would have done better. I was gathering all my remaining strength and walking with a heavy step towards my new kitchen that I would be able to use the first time and to celebrate that, I was going to try to make Thai fried noodles that I hoped I would not screw up because the last time I wanted to showcase my culinary skills, it was a disaster.

But my stir-fry noodle had to wait since someone had rang the doorbell. It probably wasn't Rosé or Jisoo because they had told me that they had been welcoming important customers to their restaurant since yesterday. Not wanting to guess, I opened the door without further delay. Yaya was standing with a plastic bag in her hand. She was quite embarrassed and could hardly look me in the eye.

"C-Can I come in?"

"Sure." 

She walked in hesitantly and looked at the different rooms and furniture in there. Having lived together under the same roof for several years, I knew how to read her expressions and, as a result, what she thought of my new home. 

"It's cute, I like it. But I think it would still need a few strokes of paint," she was staring at the living room wall and she probably had the same idea as me, these walls had to change color as soon as possible.

"I agree with you," I simply said and smiled to her. 

"before I forget, I brought you some sodas. I know you're working a lot these days and it could happen that you get tired more often than usual," she placed different bottles of sodas that I used to drink in the refrigerator.

"Yaya... you shouldn't have, but thank you," I sincerely said looking at her. I knew she didn't quite move on. She kept taking care of me like before except that it couldn't go on like this.

"I'll miss you." 

"I'll miss you too but we can meet whenever you want. Besides, Lia will probably come to my house for a few days so we'll definitely see each other often," I reassured her.

"There's no way we're going back to the way we were, huh?" she saldly smiled. She was fidgeting with her wedding ring, a sign that she was nervous.

"But that doesn't mean I'll ditch you, and you know it. You and Lia will always have an important place in my life no matter what, I love you both and I will do everything to protect you," I was now standing in front of her. I took both her hands in mine and stroked the ring with my thumb.

"But your love is now different."

YAYA'S POV

"But your love is now different," I sighed and looked at ours hands. I couldn't believe I was going to face these kinds of problems in my life. From one day to the next, everything had changed, and if I had a time machine, I would like to live my moments with her again, not to correct my mistake, because I know that I could never change it.

"I'm really sorry for what I did to you, nothing will forgive my mistake," I was now in her arms and my tears had started to fall without me noticing.

"I am the one who should apologize for hiding the truth from you all these years," I clutched her shirt and buried my face on her chest.

It's over now, there's nothing we can do about it... but you'll always be my best friend, never forget that," the sound of her voice was always the best way to soothe me even in the most difficult of times. We stayed for many minutes in silence where we could hear people from the neighborhood talking, passing in front of the house. I was happy that despite what I did to Lisa, she had decided to stay by my side when I shouldn't deserve anything. I am grateful to her for keeping her promises. 

Lisa now deserved her happiness, she deserved all the best things in life and I wanted to be the one to offer her. That's why I decided to come and see her today.

"Lisa? Do you love Ruby Jane?" she was shocked and surprised to hear my question. She instantly blushed and looked away. I lived with her for years, so it was not difficult for me to know that she was embarrassed at the time and that she was looking for an excuse, "Manoban, stop looking for a lame excuse... soooo do you love, Ruby Jane?"

She knew she couldn't win with me. So she heavily sighed, her shoulders fell off, which showed that she was defeated.

"Yes, I love her. I really love her," the words that came out of her mouth were worth a thousand knives in my heart and if she was reluctant to admit it, it was because she didn't want me to be hurt but it was time for me to move on, that's what my father used to tell me all the time, don't force things, they will come to you if have to.

"Why did you reject her that day in the hospital? Why didn't you go after her?" she dropped herself in the chair and lowered her head like a kid who just has his punishment. 

"Because she said things about you that I didn't like. In fact, she tried to tell me the truth, but by putting my feelings aside, she was still an outsider. I panicked and hid it in anger so I got her out of my life."

"Were your feelings for me as strong as they were for Ruby Jane?" she didn't say anything. She had that hesitant look again. Honestly, I wanted to cry but I needed this talk with her if I wanted to start a new chapter in my life.

"I can never compare, what I feel is just different. You were my first love and I was of course madly in love with you and Ruby Jane has been a new flame in my life. I didn't know all this time that I could experience this kind of feeling," she unconsciously smiled to the last part. My heart arched knowing I wasn't now the reason of this beautiful smile. I had become so attached to her, I had gotten used to being the reason for her smile and the sparks in her eyes but when you realized that you were no longer her source of happiness, the world just comes crashing at your feet. 

"I know where Ruby Jane is."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 5.2K 8
In life, there are lucky people like being loved by everyone and there are less lucky people like Lisa. Despite her appearance, she carries a heavy...
1.2M 34.1K 27
Never been with anyone, Jennie Ruby Jane Kim certain of herself that a partner wasn't her source of happiness but money, party, and a bunch of friend...
3.3M 86.6K 43
As a senior literature student, Jennie Kim was the girl everyone should know. She is sexy, beautiful, charismatic and almost perfect. Indeed, she was...
544K 22.2K 34
"You've got to be kidding me." Those were the insulting little words thrown by the petite short girl with wavy brown hair and feline eyes. If Lisa wo...