Birthday Wishes • Drarry

By nylaswereworld01

Set in 4th Year. This happens before Harry goes to the Quidditch World Cup, so keep this in mind as you read... More

Deux
Trois
Quatre
Cinq
Six
Sept
Huit
Neuf
Author's Note
Another Author's Note
Dix
Onze
Douze
Brief Authors Note
Treize
Quatorze
Quatorze:
Quinze:

Un

2.3K 38 9
By nylaswereworld01

It's the day before my birthday, and I am, yet again, awoken to Petunia's insufferable shrieking.

"Wake up Boy! You need to make breakfast!" She bangs on the cupboard door, before unlocking it loudly and walking away.

I cast a tempus charm after remembered Hermione saying the Ministry would take off the trace early, and happy the Dursleys let me keep my school things in the cupboard with me, and I realize that it's 7:30 am. I get off my makeshift bed and squat my way out of the cupboard door, and into the hallway. While making my way to the kitchen, Dudley shoves me into the wall roughly, where a closet doorknob collides with my malnourished side, supplying the loud, and not uncommon, crack associated with the breaking of a rib.

I hobble away to the kitchen quickly, for fear of a worse beating from my uncle. When I enter the kitchen, I'm met with the sparkling tile floor of the kitchen.

"Where were you, Boy?" Vernon yells from over me, glaring at me through his surprisingly small eyes.

"I woke up late, sir." I finally respond, lying when Dudley shifted his pig-like face into an inaudible snarl.

"Just get to breakfast, freak." My uncle says, after glaring at me for a long moment.

I nod and scramble away from my uncle, lifting myself up from the tile floor and moving toward the cabinet for the frying pans.

After I got the frying pan, I went to the refrigerator to pull out the bacon, eggs, and sausages. I butter the pan and out the bacon and sausage in, going to the pantry to get the bread into the toaster.

I toast 8 pieces of bread and place them on 3 plates, 4 for Vernon, 3 for Dudley, and 1 for Petunia. The bacon and sausage are done when the toast is on the plates and I put them in the plates with the toast; 5 pieces of bacon and 4 sausage for Vernon, 4 pieces of bacon and 5 sausages for Dudley, and 1 piece of each for Petunia. I put 8 eggs in the, already hot, frying pan, replacing the meats that were cooked there. Once the eggs were done cooking, I placed them on the 3 almost-made plates; 4 for Vernon, 3 for Dudley, and 1 for Petunia.

"Finally," Petunia says shrilly but tries to make it inaudible to me.

"Mum! The freak burnt my toast!" Dudley yells AT his mother, holding up a piece of toast that was perfectly toasted, by normal standards.

"Upstairs Boy! In the room. I will deal with you after I finish my barely edible breakfast." Vernon tells me, and I nod slowly.

I know what that means, and I don't want it to happen. I make my way upstairs, walking as slow as possible. I reach the room that had been mine for 1st year before Ron, Fred, and George broke me out in 2nd year. I enter the small bedroom and close the door behind me before taking my shirt off and laying on the bed stomach down.

All too soon, Vernon comes into the room, closing the door behind him, smirking evilly all the while. He takes off his belt whilst stalking toward me, and I whimper at the shine in his eyes. The sound only makes his smirk grow, and he wraps the end of the belt around his hand, so I'm hit with the metal buckle of his belt.

I hold in the whimper that forms in my throat as I see none too unfamiliar contraption.

Vernon stalks forward and starts whipping me with the belt buckle, reopening old wounds and forming new wounds. I couldn't stop the whimpers from coming out this time, nor could I stop the string of tears and cries that were made.

By the time my vicious uncle finishes, I'm numb to the pain, my back bare of skin and full of blood. Vernon walks off and out of the room while I pull my shirt over my head and follow him back downstairs, wincing every time the cloth shirt touches my skin-less back.

"Cupboard! Now!" Vernon says, his pig face turning a particularly violent shade of pink.

I obey and know that I'm not getting any meals for the day, again. I crouch down and squat into the cupboard, falling onto the 'bed' immediately. I fall asleep after casting a quiet alarm charm to wake me up at 11:58.

Time skip to 11:58 PM

I wake up to the quiet beeping of the alarm I set. Petunia must have cooked dinner tonight; I wasn't awoken earlier. I shrug, not really caring who cooked dinner in my place tonight.

I tenderly place my fingers on my back, and quickly pull away as the pain shoots through my back. My fingers are painted red with my thick blood. Blood that is still soaking through my baggy shirt.

I sigh and cast a tempus charm. 11:59 PM. 10 seconds until my birthday. 5...4...3...2... I count down in my head. Before I get to whisper happy birthday to myself, searing pain projects through my body. I brush it off as my back starting to finally re-heal. The pain gets worse and worse, and moves throughout my body. I black out from the pain, and the most unexpected, yet not unwelcome, person falls on my mind: Draco Malfoy.

DRACO POV

I couldn't sleep at all tonight and I had no clue why until now.

I am in my father's office, preparing to ask him why I couldn't sleep, when a sharp pain runs through me. I fall to the floor, but the pain is gone as soon as it had come to me. Father calls for my mother, and runs over to help me up. The clock strikes midnight right then, and my neko features come out.

"I think Draco's mate just came into his inheritance." My father says sadly.

We all know exactly who my mate is, but we aren't allowed to say his name. Not aloud anyway.

Hadrien and I knew we were mates since we were old enough to know anything. We grew up loving each other, until Albus Dumb-as-a-door took him away from us when he was 5, 9 years ago. His parents, the Dark Lord and my godfather Severus, looked for him everywhere. That is until Severus pretended to resent his mate for it, and started spying on the 'light' side for us. Dumbledor keeps him too busy to look for Hadrien now.

I still remember the day that he was taken from us. We had a sleepover at Malfoy Manor and Hadrien had called me his princess. It was in front of all the Death Eaters, so they said they would call me the Princess of Dark from then on. After Hadrien was taken though, nobody even mentions it. Especially not when Uncle Sev or Uncle Tom are around. Not unless they have a death wish.

An owl scratches on the window of my father's study. I move to open it, seeing the Gringotts seal on the letter she's holding. After letting the owl in, I take the letter from her and mother gives her a few owl treats. I open the letter and read it aloud.

"Draco Malfoy, it has come to our attention that your mate had come into his creature inheritance. A letter has been sent to his residence, as well as his parents'. Please come with your parents to Gringotts Bank to meet him. From Griphook, Head Goblin, Gringotts Wizarding Bank. 7 Diagon Alley." I finish reading the contents of the letter to my parents and look up to see 2 shocked faces, matching my own.

"Hadrien is still alive?" My father is astonished, and he seemed to realize his current facial expression before replacing the infamous Malfoy Mask.

" Yeah. He is. So move your arses and let's go see him!" I say rather harshly, before realizing what I said and smiling apologetically.

Mother just smiles sincerely in my direction and moves to hold my hand. I hold on tightly, preparing for the side-along apparition. With a loud crack and the familiar pull of my naval, we appear in the middle of the wizard bank.

Father appears after us, and we make our way up to the head goblin's desk. I show the goblin sitting there the letter, and he rushes to get off his high chair and show us where Hadrien is.

"Mr. Malfoy, I will have to ask you not to get too worked up about what you are about to see. He came in like this," Griphook rushed out, looking scared as he saw my mother's face contorting slowly into rage.

Meanwhile HARRY POV

When I wake up, there is a letter sitting neatly on my chest. I open it and sit up as much as the cupboard's height (or lack thereof) will allow.

Harry Potter,

It has come to our attention that you have come into your creature inheritance. Please come to Gringotts Bank as soon as possible to take an inheritance test. Your mate and family have been informed. Please come in as soon as possible. This letter has been bewitched to apparate you to the Bank. The word for apparition is custard.

Griphook, Head Goblin

Gringotts Wizarding Bank

7 Diagon Alley

The apparition word doesn't shock me anymore, not after all of Dumbledore's passwords throughout the years. And the goblins do have a knack for picking random words for apparition.

"Custard," I sigh out, squeezing my eyes shut in preparation for the familiar naval pull I associate with apparition.

I appear in the midst of the bustling crowd in the bank, and make my way up to the Head Goblin's desk in front. I show him the letter I was sent and he gets to me fairly quickly.

"Follow me," he says whilst pulling me along toward the back of the  bank, people and goblins alike gasping at my, still profusely bleeding, back as we pass them.

We arrive in some sort of medical area, and Griphook orders me to sit down on a cot which I do gratefully. I haven't realized how dizzy I was until then, but I pushed the feeling back down when Griphook and a goblin I haven't met yet walk up to me.

"Geartha, send a letter to Poppy. Tell her it's urgent. Harry Potter has been gravely injured," Griphook says to the other goblin, who rushes off to do so.

A moment after the goblin, Geartha, hobbled away, Madame Pomfrey appeared, looking surprised, anxious, and a little scared. As soon as she spots me, she rushes over and starts moving around me to look at the damage, stopping immediately when she sees my bloodied back.

"Oh my poor boy. Who did this to you?" Madame Pomfrey asks as she performs silent diagnostic charms over me.

The family Dumbledore forced me to live with," I respond quickly, like I couldn't get the words out my mouth fast enough.

Madame Pomfrey gasps loudly at the paper results of her diagnostic charms and hands it to Griphook, who visibly pales at it.

"That snide old man. He has blocks, spells, and potions on him. You can't even tell him his creature inheritance until these are off," Madame Pomfrey says to the goblins, scowling at her mentioning Dumbledore.

Griphook finally hands me the surprisingly long sheet of parchment, and I read it silently to myself.

Injuries:

{Far too many old injuries to count}

20 bruises, healing

1,000 whippings - back - unhealing

2 left ribs broken, unhealing

1 right rib broken, unhealing

Blocks {Placed by Albus Percival Wilfric Brian Dumbledore}:

Core Block - 99% {currently on Merlin's level} In place

Identity Block - In place

Inheritance Block - In place

Potions/Charms {Placed by Albus Percival Wilfric Brian Dumbledore}:

Loyalty Charm - Tied to Ronald Weasley, Hermione Granger, Ginny Weasley, Albus Dumbledore, Arthur Weasley, Molly Weasley, Order of the Phoenix, 'Light Side'

Love Potion - Tied to Ginny Weasley - renewed weekly

Hate Potion- Tied to Draco Malfoy, Severus Snape, Tom Riddle {Lord Voldemort}, Death Eaters, 'Dark Side' - renewed weekly

"Is there any way to remove these?" I ask, looking between Madame Pomfrey and Griphook.

"Yes, follow me," Griphook says, moving swiftly.

I follow him, followed by Madame Pomfrey, into a room with ancient runes all over the walls. Griphook points to the middle of the room, and I stand there, waiting for something to happen. When nothing does, I look over to see Griphook chanting something under his breath, so I look down with my eyes closed. I expect pain, but none comes to me. I look up when the other two gasp loudly. They seem to be looking at me, but I don't know what could've caused them to gasp so loudly.

Madame Pomfrey transfigures her hairpin into a mirror before walking next to me and showing me my reflection. What's in it shocks me. I have black wings, the color of smoke, and 2 long, curly horns. One horn is the color of fire, the other horn is an ice blue. A tail has sprouted from my tailbone, a forest green color, with a leaf-like spike at the end. My hair is black, and fluffy, with natural dark brown highlights. My face became more aristocratic, with heterochromia eyes. One eye is blue with forest green specks, and the other is ice blue with gold specks.

Griphook clears his throat, and motions for Madame Pomfrey and I to follow him back through the back. We walk for a couple of seconds and and arrive in an office, where Griphook sits behind the desk and Madame Pomfrey and I sit across from him.

"Now that those are broken and you have received your inheritance, we will take an inheritance test and see how much damage Dumbledore has done to you." Griphook says once Pomfrey and I were both seated.

"Okay. What do I have to do?" I asked him eagerly, wanting to know exactly what I am.

The Head Goblin pulls out 2 sheets of thick parchment paper and tells me to put 10 drops of blood on each, handing me a knife that will heal the wound when the required amount is on the parchment. I do so, and words from on the parchment out of the dropped blood. I read the piece that resembled a birth certificate first.

Fake~

Name: Harry James Potter

Mother: Lily Potter Nee Evans

Father: James Potter

Godfather: Sirius Black

Godmother: Remus Black Nee Lupin

Real~

Name: Hadrien Salazar Riddle-Snape

Mother: Severus Riddle-Snape Nee Snape

Father: Thomas Riddle-Snape

Godfather(s): Lucius Malfoy, Sirius Black

Godmother(s): Narcissa Malfoy Nee Black, Bellatrix Lestrange Nee Black, Remus Black Nee Lupin

Inheritance {Dominant}:
Creature: Fire Dragon, Ice Dragon, Air Dragon, Earth Dragon, Shadow Dragon, Forest Lord, Creature Lord, Element Lord

Heirships:

Potter, Riddle, Black, Snape, Peverell, Slytherin, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Hogwarts, Merlin, Emrys

Mate {Submissive}:

Draco Malfoy

Veela/Vampire Hybrid

Lordships:

Potter, Riddle, Black, Snape, Hogwarts, Merlin, Slytherin, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Peverell, Emrys

Estates:

All Potter Estates, All Riddle Estates, All Snape Estates, Malfoy Summer Home- Alpine, Lestrange Summer Home- Siberia, All Lupin Summer Homes

Vaults:

Potter {100,000 Galleons taken by Albus Percival Wilfric Brian Dumbledore monthly, 2,000 Galleons given by Hermione Jean Granger monthly}, Riddle, Snape, Black, Hogwarts, Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Merlin, Emrys

"That old coot! He's been stealing from your vaults since you received your Hogwarts letter!" Griphook grumbles out.

"I want all the money back, with interest please," I tell the Head Goblin.

"Yes sir. And I have contacted your real family as well. They should be here soon." Griphook tells me gravely.

Then, Malfoy and my family come in, looking extremely relieved.

Bro. I cannot believe how long it actually took to write this. But whatever. I am listening to a true crime podcast right now so... yup. But comment what you would like to see next chapter. I have the first 3 chapters done, and I am SUPER happy about it. I only have to type them up, so you guys should be able to read them soon! If you like this fanfic, please tell me so I stay motivated! I also have chapter 10 of My Mate, My Omega, My Luna, My Best Friend's Brother (I'll most likely start calling it MMMLMBFB for short, I don't really know). But I love you I and hope you love both this fanfiction and my other story!

XoXoXo,

Nyla

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 5.5K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
138K 6.5K 21
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
949K 16.3K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
911K 38.5K 80
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC