The Guardians 2nd Edition

By TheGuardiansArchive

When the world needs a powerful witch arrested, a demon monster evicted, or a cursed truck to be towed, who d... More

S1E01: The Guardians Beginning (Part 1)
The Guardians Beginning (Part 2)
S1E02: Through the Corn Groves
S1E03: Of Minds and Spirits
S1E04: The Nuckalavee
S1E05: The Mystery Returns
S1E06: Milo Insurance
S1E07: Storming the Base
S1E08: Hate Miser
S1E09: Night in the Big House
S1E10: The Seventh Member
S1E11: For the Good of Mankind
S1E12: Attack on WHOOP
S2E01: Monsters Crashed the Party
S2E02: Miraculous
S2E03: Meet the Peacocks
S2E04: City of Ghosts
S2E05: League of Psychics
S2E06: White Wolf Lodge
S2E08: The Burden on My Shoulder
S2E09: Attack on the Plumbers
S2E10: Secret of the Center
S2E11: The Professor & The Oracle
S2E12: Public Enemy Number One
S3E01: Unsolved Mysteries
S3E02: Return of Argost
S3E03: Team Go GO!
S3E04: Nibble on my Chocolate
S3E05: My Life as a Teenage Bachelorette
S3E06: The Skinwalker
S3E07: Omni-War
S3E08: Bully Games
S3E09: The Conquers
S3E10: The Conquers Part 2
S3E11: Witch Hunt
S3E12: The Dark Secret Part 1
S3E013 The Dark Secret Part 2
S04E01: Americans in Paris
S04E02: Infiltrate
S04E03: Doctor Day
S4E04: The Reward
S4E05: We're Busting Outta Here
Finale

S2E07: In Zak's Mind

61 3 1
By TheGuardiansArchive

INT. BOILER ROOM - NIGHT

Steam shoots out of faulty pipes in a red tinted boiler room. The ambience is distributed by the sound of someone running across the metal platforms that make up the boiler room's floor. A teenage girl, blonde and in her pajamas, flees a unseeable threat. As she runs, the sound of a crackling laughter echoes throughout the room.

MEDICINE MAN (O.S)

Come back here...

The girl ducks behind a large boiler tank as a shadow creeps across the room, unaware of her hiding spot. She wipes the sweat from her brow and takes a sharp left turn, only to come face to face with THE MEDICINE MAN, deformed tar face man wearing 1860's business man attire. She screams and jumps back, causing her to fall to the ground.

Looking up at the Medicine Man, she sees his needle claws being filled with a green like liquid.

MEDICINE MAN (CONT'D)

Evening miss, but might I interest you in some green elixir? One taste of this and you'll find your true love!

He holds up the needle claw to his face and lets out a sinister laugh. The sight of the claw causes the girl to scream again. Just as Medicine Man is about to stab the needles into her, everything fades to black.

INT. TEENAGE GIRL'S ROOM - NIGHT

The same teenager girl jumps awake from her nightmare. She looks around her room for any sign of Medicine Man. She then lets out a sigh of relief.

GIRL

Oh thank God... It was just a bad dream...

Out from the darkness of her room, the Medicine Man steps out, his claw glowing green from the elixir.

MEDICINE MAN

Or was it?

The girl turns to him and screams, as he finishes his stab.

EXT. ROOF OF HEADQUARTERS - EVENING

As the sun sets over the Center main building, Elyon, Kim, Jenny, Ben, Danny and Zak all sit on the rim of the roof.

BEN

You want a bully story? I've got two words for you. JT and Cash. Those guys use to wail on me any chance they got.

DANNY

That's nothing, every day I got stuffed into a locker by this guy named Dash. Funny thing is, when I was in ghost form, he practically worshipped me!

JENNY

You boys got it best. Girls are relentless! These two girls I knew, Tiff and Brit Cramp, they pretended to be my friend in order to humiliate me!

ELYON

My school had this punk named Uriah. He would pick on the boys and the girls.

KIM

Man, it's a good thing we don't have to worry about those guys any more, huh?

DANNY

Or school!

They all laugh, but Zak sits at the end of their seating arrangement. He looks down at the ground. Elyon turns to Zak.

ELYON

Hey Zak, you have a bully story?

Ben turns to Elyon, signaling her not to speak.

BEN

Um! Ix-nay on the school-ay. (Points his thumb at Zak) Home school-ay!

JENNY

Why are you speaking pig latin?

ZAK

Look, I didn't go to a school, alright? My parents taught me everything.

DANNY

Dude, that's awesome! School is just the worse.

ZAK

You know, you guys say that, but sometimes I wish I knew what it was like.

COMMANDER MOM (O.S)

Guardians!

They look down as they see Commander Mom wandering the yard below them looking for them. She turns and sees them on the roof.

COMMANDER MOM (CONT'D)

What is with you teenagers and roofs? I don't care... Come down! We got another one!

INT. MEETING ROOM - EVENING

They all sit in their normal spots as Mom prepares her presentation.

COMMANDER MOM

For your next mission, you'll be traveling to suburb in Vermont.

The monitor behind mom displays an old time image of the Medicine Man when he was alive.

COMMANDER MOM (CONT'D)

He's called the Medicine Man. The spirit of a traveling snake oil salesman. He'd scam people throughout America with cheap tonics that he claimed could cure diseases and deformities. All the way up to his death.

DANNY

So we're dealing with another ghost?

COMMANDER MOM

This one is different. He appears in people's dreams, and only appears in physical reality in order to inject people with his elixir. The elixir is said to make people sleep forever. Here's what he might look like.

The monitor switches to an artist's rendition of the Medicine Man, showing off his tar covered skin.

BEN

What's wrong with his face?

COMMANDER MOM

It was the his cause of death. When he was caught, his scam victims gave him a botched tar and feathering.

ELYON

Botched?

COMMANDER MOM

No one survives a barrel of molten tar to the face, honey.

DANNY

So how do we nab him?

COMMANDER MOM

You might need to play cat and mouse with him. He shows up in a town called Brook Heights. My advice, stay close to the high school. His victims have always been teenagers.

KIM

Will do.

COMMANDER MOM

Alright, good luck!

EXT. BROOK HEIGHTS HIGH SCHOOL - NIGHT

The grounds of the high school is quiet. Kim patrols on top of the room, wearing a set of THERMAL GOGGLES. She sees Ben in STINKFLY form, flying around the school. She reaches for her walkie-talkie.

KIM

(to the walkie-talkie)

Alright, Medicine Man must be somewhere. Any updates?

EXT. FOOTBALL FIELD - NIGHT

Jenny flies around the football field.

JENNY

Not at the football field.

INT. CLASSROOM - NIGHT

Danny floats into a random class room and looks around.

DANNY

I haven't seen him yet.

INT. GYM - NIGHT

Elyon lights up the gym with her light orbs, showing no sign of Medicine Man.

ELYON

Wouldn't it make more sense to wait till morning? I mean, if this guy does go after high school kids, then why would he hang around here at night when there is no one around?

STINKFLY

(Through Elyon's walkie-talkie)

Hey, we're teenagers! We're the perfect bait!

EXT. BROOK HEIGHTS HIGH SCHOOL - NIGHT

Zak sits in a tree outside of the school, watching everyone with binoculars and a walkie-talkie against his ear.

KIM

(on the walkie-talkie)

Ben's right. I don't think this guy is too picky over who he chooses. Just makes sure he doesn't, you know, stab you.

ZAK

Roger that.

Zak puts away his walkie-talkie and turns to the school. He looks through his binoculars at the inside of the school through the windows. He gazes at the chemistry labs, the gym, and the empty hallways. He takes a deep breathe and lowers his binoculars.

ZAK

Why am I so gloom? So what if I've never been to school. Or child hood friends. Or a house in a neighborhood. Or anything like a normal life. My life is awesome! Never... Would change that... For anything...

A shadow rises up from behind Zak.

MEDICINE MAN

Not even for a little sample?

ZAK

Huh?

Zak turns around, but gets stabbed in the neck by Medicine Man's claw. The elixir is injected into him, causing Zak to freak out and then go limp. Stinkfly flies over the trees, and looking down, he sees Medicine Man pulling his claw out of Zak's neck.

STINKFLY

Oh no! Zak!

Stinkly swoops down, just as Zak is about to fall out of the tree. Stinkfly catches him and lies him down on the ground.

STINKFLY

Zak! Buddy! Do you hear me?

Stinkfly slaps Zak around, but nothing happens. Just then, Stinkfly looks up and sees Medicine Man running up to him. He kicks Stinkfly in the face, tossing him against a tree.

MEDICINE MAN

No! He's my pray! You hear me? Mine!

Medicine Man takes out a red elixir from his pocket and drinks it. His eyes turn red and his body turns intangible. Stinkfly looks up and sees Medicine Man hunched over Zak's body. Medicine Man floats into Zak's body, causing Zak to freak out for a bit, but then pass out again.

STINKFLY

Holy crap!

Kim, Elyon, Jenny and Danny fly and run up to Stinkfly.

KIM

Ben! What happened?

STINKFLY

Medicine Man knocked Zak out and jumped inside his body!

KIM

Oh my God! Quick! Let's get him inside!

Jenny picks up Zak and they run into the high school.

INT. CLASSROOM - NIGHT

Jenny places Zak down on a teacher's desk as the Guardians stand around him. Jenny's arm transforms into a stethoscope, and she listens to his heart beat.

JENNY

Good news, he's alive! Bad news, he's still out cold.

DANNY

You said the Medicine Man jumped into him? Like... A possession?

BEN

Yeah... I guess. Why does Medicine Man even want to put people to sleep? It doesn't make any sense.

JENNY

Yeah, what does he gain from all this?

KIM

I don't know, but someone needs to get inside Zak's mind and wake him up!

BEN

I got no alien that can do that. I mean... I guess Gray Matter, but that's too literal.

ELYON

I use to be able to enter people's minds... But not anymore...

DANNY

I mean... I've done it before.

KIM

Great. Get inside Zak's mind and wake him up! And be careful, Medicine Man is also in there. Who knows what kind of damage he could do inside of there.

DANNY

Got it!

ELYON

Wait! One more thing! I had this problem before! Make sure to be out of Zak's mind before he wakes up. If he wakes while you're in there, you might be trapped inside his mind... Forever!

DANNY

Um... Alrighty then. Going ghost!

Danny transforms into a ghost and flies into Zak's body.

INT. DREAM HIGH SCHOOL - NIGHT

A locker starts to shake back and forth. Danny flops out of it, dressed in his normal outfit. He checks himself but is shocked by his costume change.

DANNY

What the... I'm in human form? How?

Danny looks around at the students of the high school and realize its all people Zak's met before like KAI, RON, SHELDON, BRAD, TUCK, SAM, TUCKER and even ULRAJ.

DANNY

What the... Wait... Is this Zak's dream? High school? Wow... Lame.

ZAK (O.S)

Danny!

Danny turns around and sees Zak dressed in a hip-trendy outfit. Danny holds in chuckles upon seeing it.

DANNY

Dude... What the heck?

ZAK (CONT'D)

What? You don't like my digs? I got them at the mall when me and Wadi were on our date. I thought it makes me look fly.

Danny grabs Zak by the collar, much to Zak's shock.

DANNY

Okay, first off, no one has said "fly" anymore. This isn't the 90's! Second off, this is a dream! Third... Really dude? School? Couldn't you have dreamed of something cooler like, snowboarding or space exploration or something?

ZAK

What? Dude, what am I? Some sort of boy adventurer?

DANNY

Yes! Yes you are!

ZAK

Nah dude, I'm the captain of the football team!

Danny face palms.

DANNY

Oh my God... Okay. You were attacked by the Medicine Man. Remember? The tar face guy? Green elixir? This is all a dream!

Wadi walks up to Zak and cuddles against his arm.

WADI

Ready for home room, sweetie?

ZAK

(to Danny)

Oh yeah... This is totally a dream.

Zak and Wadi walk away. Danny tries to run after them.

DANNY

Wait Zak!

Just then, a large, deformed BULLY stomps in front of Danny. The bully looks down at Danny, cracking his knuckles.

BULLY

And where do you think you're going, punk?

Danny is punched by the bully, flying straight through a wall and into a class room.

INT. DREAM CLASS ROOM - NIGHT

Danny shakes his head and sees the Bully enter the classroom.

DANNY

What? Oh come on Zak! Knock it off with the high school clichés!

BULLY

How about something a little more original?

The bully transforms into Medicine Man.

DANNY

You! What's your deal? What do you gain out of all this?

MEDICINE MAN

Let me guess, you think my medicine makes people sleep forever?

DANNY

Well... Yeah.

MEDICINE MAN

Wrong. My medicine gives you the best night sleep ever! Dreams that feel like reality! You're greatest desire, come to life! And when you wake up, all you want to do is sleep. So they come to me, begging for more, and I give it to them, for a price!

DANNY

So that's what this is all about? Money?

MEDICINE MAN

What else, my boy? And sure, the first few dreams are pleasant and wonderful, but soon they'll grow dependent on it, need it to function properly, and to get to sleep! And when that day comes, and they're crying on their knees, begging for more, I will sky rocket the price! They won't have a choice but to pay!

DANNY

Man, you are evil!

MEDICINE MAN

Oh, don't be such a grump! Here, I'll give you a free sample!

Medicine Man tries to stab Danny, but Danny dodges and punches him into the door.

EXT. DREAM HIGH SCHOOL

The impact causes the door to break open, causing Medicine Man to tumble out. He gets up and faces Danny, who flies out of the room and at him. Medicine Man blows into his non-claw thumb, causing his fist to inflate to a massive size, causing Danny to fault his rapid speed toward the villain.

Medicine Man punches Danny across the hallway and into some lockers. Danny looks up and sees Medicine Man hovering over him.

DANNY

How did you do that?

MEDICINE MAN

We're in a dream, boy. Anything is possible!

Medicine Man's needles fill up with the green elixir.

MEDICINE MAN

Too bad you won't remember that!

Medicine Man stabs Danny in the chest. Danny gasps, becomes woozy, and falls asleep. Medicine Man takes out a red elixir test tube and drinks it. Turning intangible again, he jumps into Danny.

INT. CLASSROOM

Zak's eyes widen, glowing a green tint. He screams and jolts up from the table, causing everyone to turn to him in shock.

KIM

What's going on in there?

BEN

Did he do it?

ZAK

(Danny's voice)

Inception! Inception!

Zak passes out on the table again. Jenny checks his forehead.

JENNY

Nope. Still out cold.

ELYON

What did he mean... Inception?

BEN

Wait... Inception! Like the movie! Oh man! What if Medicine Man used the elixir on Danny while he's in there!

KIM

Is that even possible?

ELYON

I mean, if Danny is conscious, then yes.

KIM

Oh no! What do we do?

BEN

Someone has to go in there and wake them both up!

They all turn to Elyon, causing her to let out a sigh.

ELYON

I'll try. But there's no guarantee.

Elyon sits crossed legged on the ground, resting her hands on her thighs and breathing deeply. Kim, Jenny and Ben stare at her as she does this.

BEN

So will we be able to see her astral projection, or will to be like heat fumes?

KIM

Ben! Shush! Let her focus!

Elyon concentrates all her energy, focusing on her powers. After a few moments of deep concentration, she recoils, and lets out a sigh of defeat, opening her eyes and turning to her friends.

ELYON

It's no use. I can't...

Elyon gasps upon realizing she is floating above the ground in astral form, looking down at Kim, Ben and Jenny.

ELYON

It worked!

Elyon turns to Zak's unconscious body.

ELYON

Don't worry Zak! Here I come!

Elyon flies into Zak's body.

INT. DREAM CLASS ROOM - NIGHT

Elyon wakes up, lying on the ground of the made up high school. She looks around with confusion at the sight of the school.

ELYON

Zak dreams of being in high school? Awe! That's adorable!

All of a sudden, she hears a lough cough. She turns to see dream Wadi staring at her, arms folded and angry.

ELYON

Oh... Hey... Wadi?

WADI

Did you just call my boyfriend... Adorable!

ELYON

What! No! I was just...

WADI

I knew it! You've had your eyes on him this whole time!

ELYON

Listen Wadi, I wasn't...

Elyon stops what she's doing upon coming to an obvious revelation.

ELYON

Wait a second, what am I doing? You're not the real Wadi.

WADI

Excuse me!

Elyon blasts her with her light ray, reducing the fake Wadi to dust.

ELYON

It's a good thing Zak didn't see that.

She turns around and sees Zak, jaw dropped and frozen with absolute horror. Elyon freezes with shock.

ELYON

Oh... Hey Zak.

She looks back at the pile of dust, and back at Zak.

ELYON

Strange dream, huh?

ZAK

You... You blew her up.

ELYON

No! No I didn't!

ZAK

You blew her up! You... Monster!

Zak's eyes turn bright orange. The ground starts to shake violently, causing Elyon to loose her balance. Bits of the ceiling start to fall down, crashing close to Elyon. Zak takes out his claw from his backpack and points it at Elyon.

ELYON

Oh-no...

Zak lunges at Elyon, trying to strike her, but she dodges the attack.

ELYON

Zak! This is just a dream! Come to your senses!

Zak ignores Elyon and tries to strike her again, but she dodges it a second time. Elyon uses her telekinesis to create a barrier from the ground between her and Zak. She looks around for Danny.

ELYON

I need to find Danny before I can wake Zak up!

Elyon sees something far down the hallway. Danny rests on the ground unconscious.

ELYON

Bingo!

Just then, Zak cuts through the stone barrier with claw like a hot knife to cheese. Elyon turns to him in shock.

ELYON

What the...

Zak lifts his claw to the air, prepared for combat.

ZAK

For Wadi!

Elyon pushes him with her telekinesis, throwing him across the hallway. She then runs up to the passed out Danny. She bends down to Danny and tries to take him up.

ELYON

Come on! Wake up!

Elyon takes a deep breathe, and thinks for a moment.

ELYON

Okay... I can't astral project again... But... Maybe I can possess him?

Elyon concentrates her powers onto her hands. Her hands turn intangible, causing her to grin. Behind her, Zak has gotten up from his throw and is angry. He lunges at Elyon, just as she's about to touch Danny. Upon his claw making impact with Elyon, Elyon is sucked into Danny's mind, taking Zak along with her.

EXT. DREAM AMITY PARK - DAY

Elyon wakes up on a patch of grass. She looks up and sees a strange sight. A large marble statue of Danny, with the foundation reading "Danny Fenton: Brave Hero and Defender of Amity Park". Danny can be seen, in ghost form, standing in front of a ribbon to the statue as reporters surround him. Tucker, dressed as a mayor, presents Danny with a pair of golden scissors.

TUCKER

As Amity Park's youngest mayor, I here by honor this statue to my good friend, Danny Fenton!

Danny cuts the ribbon, causing reporters to take numerous pictures of them. Elyon look at this with confusion.

ELYON

Wow, it's like what happened last week just without the ghosts and chaos.

Zak tackles Elyon to the ground. Elyon throws him off, but is shocked by his presence.

ELYON

What the? You followed me into Danny's mind?

ZAK

You think you can torch my girlfriend and flee? Think again!

Zak shoots the grapple at her, causing it to wrap around Elyon's arm. Elyon turns to Zak in anger.

ELYON

Zak! I have no time for this!

Zak tries to pull Elyon to him, but Elyon uses her power to increase her strength, pulling on the claw's cord and flinging Zak towards her. As Danny waves to the reporters, he notices Elyon and Zak fighting behind them.

DANNY

Wait... Zak? Elyon?

A reporter jumps in front of Danny's view of them, pointing a camera in his face.

REPORTER

Danny Fenton! Smile for the camera!

Danny tries to look over the reporter, but the reporter keeps getting in his way. Danny becomes frustrated and shoves the reporter out of the way.

DANNY

Would you knock it off?

Danny flies over to Zak and Elyon, but the reporter gives him a nasty look. Zak increases the length of his claw and swings it at Elyon, but Elyon teleports away and dodges the attack. Danny flies over to them.

DANNY

Zak! Elyon!

Elyon turns to Danny with relief.

ELYON

Oh thank goodness! You're sane!

DANNY

And just in time for my statue's grand opening!

Elyon becomes annoyed.

ELYON

This shouldn't be this difficult...

ZAK

Danny! Elyon blasted Wadi into dust! She's some sort of witch!

DANNY

Um.. Duh? She is a witch.

Danny has a revelation.

DANNY

Wait... How does he not know that... Unless... Holy moley! The dream thing! I forgot!

Just then, Medicine Man teleports over to them and tries to stab him, but Elyon throws Medicine Man away from Danny. Medicine Man gets up and faces Elyon and Danny.

MEDICINE MAN

Well-well-well... Another costumer!

ELYON

Get out of my friend's head you freak!

MEDICINE MAN

Not until you take a taste yourself miss! Who knows, you might like what it has to offer!

Medicine Man teleports away, and reappears in front of Elyon, just as he's about to stab her. Danny flies over and tackles him. Zak stands by the side lines, looking confused.

ZAK

Um... What's going on?

ELYON

Zak! This is a dream! You are not in high school, and Wadi isn't really vaporized!

Zak's eyes widen upon this revelation.

ZAK

Hey... You're right! This is all just a dream!

Medicine Man turns to Zak in shock.

MEDICINE MAN

No! Go back to sleep!

Medicine Man teleports away from Danny. Zak looks around, and Medicine Man appears behind Zak, stabbing him in the ribs. Elyon and Danny gasp. Zak becomes dizzy again, and falls to the ground, passed out. Medicine Man drinks another tube of red elixir, turns intangible, and jumps into Zak's body. Elyon and Danny run over to him.

DANNY

What! He can't do that? Can he?

ELYON

Well he just did!

DANNY

So... We have to go to the mind of... Zak's unconscious mind?

ELYON

Yeah... Maybe it's just a repeat of last time...

Elyon and Danny turn intangible and enter Zak's body.

INT. UNCONSCIOUS MIND - NIGHT

Elyon wakes up, but realizes she is floating in mid air. As she comes too, she notices the empty, black void that surrounds her. Danny floats up to her.

DANNY

Where are we?

ELYON

We must be in Zak's unconscious mind.

ZAK (O.S)

Hey!

They turn and see Zak floating as well. He swims over to them.

ELYON

Zak! Wait... You're self aware now, right?

ZAK

Yeah, no worries! All I have to do is wake up and...

DANNY

No! If you do that, me and Elyon will be trapped inside your mind forever!

ZAK

Wait! Really? Then, how are we suppose to get out?

ELYON

Um... That's a good point...

DANNY

Maybe we can just float out?

ZAK

Yeah, but float out of what?

ELYON

Hang on! I'm thinking!

Elyon turns around and thinks for a moment. But then she realizes something. She looks up, and sees something that utterly shocks her. Danny and Zak look at with confusion.

DANNY

What? What is it?

Elyon points up. Zak and Danny look up, and to their shock and surprise, they see a massive serpent looking creature staring down at them, its skin as black as the void, but its form can be made out by the light bouncing off it.

DANNY

Zak... Why is there a giant dragon in your unconscious mind?

ZAK

I don't know...

Zak freezes, then realizes what he's looking at, and then looks up at the monster, shaking a little in fear.

ZAK

Wait... Are you...

The dragon bends down to look at them.

KUR

Kur?

Zak jumps back in shock. Danny and Elyon look at each other in shock too.

ZAK

No... It can't be... It just can't be!

KUR

What? Did you think my mind withered away thousands of years ago? Might I remind you it was my soul you absorbed at birth? I've been alive for thousands of years, living through my spirit! That was until you took me out of my tomb and stole my powers!

ZAK

You... You have any idea how much suffering you caused me!

KUR

And I cherished every moment of it! For every year of your miserable existence I had to lay way and watch you abuse my powers like the idiotic sock puppet you are! But now... Now I know there's a way out of this prison!

Kur swoops in as is about to bite down on Zak, but Danny flies in front of him and blasts Kur in the face, causing Kur to retract in pain. Danny turns to Zak.

DANNY

We need to find a way out of here and stat!

Kur recoils and tries to bite down on them again, but they dodges the attack. Danny flies over and grabs Zak and Elyon. Together they try to fly away, but Kur chases after them. Danny tries to fire his blasts back at Kur, but Kur manages to dodge them.

DANNY

It's no use! What are we suppose to do?

ZAK

Wait... Medicine Man!

ELYON

What about him?

ZAK

He must know how to get out of here!

DANNY

Hey that's right! But wait... Where is he?

Zak turns to Kur and realizes what he must do. He lets go of Danny and flies down toward Kur.

DANNY

Zak, what are you doing?

Zak is able to stop in mid flight and stable himself over Kur. He takes out his claw and points it to Kur.

ZAK

You're forgetting one thing! This is my mind, so my rules!

Zak's powers activate, and Kur's eyes glow orange with Zak's power, causing him to struggle.

KUR

No! I will not be controlled by my own powers!

ZAK

Oh really?

Zak's powers intensify, causing Kur more pain. In a fit of rage, Kur transforms in Medicine Man.

MEDICINE MAN

Dang it! You're one smart kid, you know that?

ZAK

Listen to me! It's over! Take us out of my mind so we can end this!

MEDICINE MAN

Alright! Fine! I'll comply... Just ask me this...

Medicine Man takes out a valve of his green elixir.

MEDICINE MAN

Would you take another? Just to get the same experience you just got? That feeling of nostalgia that you never had? The satisfaction of leading a normal life? All can be granted with just a hint of this!

Danny and Elyon fly over Zak. Danny notices what Medicine Man is doing.

DANNY

Zak! Don't listen to him!

MEDICINE MAN

Go on. Take it. I wouldn't have any use for it in prison. So why don't you? Huh? You deserve it. You deserve a normal life? Don't you?

Zak stares at the valve in shock. Then he looks up at Danny and Elyon. He smiles, and turns back to Medicine Man.

ZAK

You're right. My life isn't normal. It's better than normal!

Zak elongates his claw and swings it at the valve, shattering it and the claw that holds it. Medicine Man gasps in shock.

MEDICINE MAN

No!

Medicine Man teleports over to Zak and tries to slice him with his broken needle claw, but Zak dodges the attack. Zak swings again at Medicine Man, delivering a series of blows to his face and torso.

Medicine Man turns to see Elyon and Danny pointing their hands at him, loaded with energy. Medicine Man turns back to Zak.

MEDICINE MAN

So you think you can beat me up and take my tonics? Well guess what? You're going to have to fight for a long time, cause I ain't giving up just yet!

Medicine Man concentrates his energy, causing him to grow to a monstrous size. Danny, Elyon and Zak look up at him in horror. Medicine Man laughs and looks back down at them.

MEDICINE MAN

You've messed with the wrong salesman!

Before Medicine Man could slam his hands together on them, Zak starts to concentrate too. Using his power, he grows to the same exact size as Medicine Man, mush to his shock.

MEDICINE MAN

What? How did you...

ZAK

Like I said, my mind, my rules. In fact...

Zak flicks his finger at Medicine Man, causing him to transform back to his normal form. Medicine Man looks up at Zak in horror.

MEDICINE MAN

This isn't going to end well...

Zak slams his hands against Medicine Man. Upon retracting, Medicine Man floats in the air, defeated. Danny flies over to him and shuffles through his bag. He pulls out a blue tonic valve.

DANNY

Okay... Green makes people sleep. Red makes him go intangible. So do you think blue is how he escapes?

ELYON

Only one way to find out...

They each take a valve and drink it. Danny grabs Medicine Man and pushes the valve up to his lips, allowing him to drink too.

ELYON

I don't... Feel anything.

ZAK

Maybe Medicine Man doesn't know how too...

Just then, the environment around them implodes as they are transported out of Zak's unconscious mind. They all scream in complete horror as they are taken on this trip. They pass out of conscious Zak's mind, out of Danny's mind, and then finally, out of real Zak's mind.

INT. CLASSROOM - NIGHT

Elyon from her trance. She turns to Jenny, Ben and Kim, who were waiting by her the whole time.

JENNY

Elyon! Is Zak and Danny okay?

ELYON

I don't know!

Elyon turns to Zak, who still lies on the teacher's desk unconscious. Just then, Zak wakes up.

KIM

Zak! Where's Danny?

Zak stares out into space for a second, and then vomits Danny and Medicine Man out of his mouth. Danny falls to the ground and transforms back into his human form. Kim, Ben, Jenny and Elyon stare at this in disgust. Zak checks himself, and turns to his friend with a big grin on his face.

ZAK

We did it! We got out!

BEN

Ew...

Kim then throws a teleport bracelet onto Medicine Man. The bracelet activates and causes him to teleport away. Kim picks up the bracelet and turns to his teammates.

KIM

Awesome work guys.

EXT. BROOK HEIGHTS HIGH SCHOOL - NIGHT

They all walk out of the school.

ELYON

You mean what you said back there Zak?

ZAK

I'm sure of it. So what if I never went to a normal school or any of that junk. I wouldn't trade my life for anything else.

KIM

Wow, sounds like you guys had quite the experience.

DANNY

Boy did we. Medicine Man even posed as Kur in order to fool us.

ZAK

Yeah, like Kur is actually alive in my unconscious mind.

BEN

How do you know that was your unconscious mind?

Zak stops, thinks for a moment, then shakes his head.

ZAK

Um... You know what. I don't want to know.

FADE TO BLACK

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96K 1.3K 26
Before you were close to death, you were given a power that would soon be feared by many in hell. You've recently started working at IMP and have unc...
11.1K 339 9
Sixteen year old Kendra Tennyson, moves from her home town too Kouh along with her cousin Gwen and her grandfather Max. One night on her way home, sh...
11K 382 10
The Fenton's have never been the brightest people in Amity Park but when a trip to the Ghost Zone is announced Danny knows that he is screwed. Sam an...
69.5K 800 43
It was a typical day for moxxie and Millie, but suddenly a strange portal sucks them up from their world and now are stuck as action figures in a wor...