KPOP Updates 2019

By MegzKievz

all updates about kpop daily More

31 May
1 June
2 June
3 June
4 June 2019
5 June 2019
6 June 2019
7 June 2019
8 June 2019
9 June 2019
10 June 2019
11 June 2019
12 June 2019
13 June 2019
14 June 2019
15 June 2019
16 June 2019
17 June 2019
18 June 2019
13 July 2019
14 July 2019
15 July 2019
16 July 2019
17 July 2019
18 July 2019
19 July 2019
20 July 2019
21 July 2019
18 August 2019
apology
2-8 September 2019
Another Change
13-15 September 2019
16+17 September
18-19 Sept 2019

9-12 September 2019

4 2 0
By MegzKievz

9 September

Ha Sung Woon Voted 'Explosive Vocalist' Idol Fans Want To See In Concert The Most

Ha Sung Woon has topped a recent K-pop poll! From September 2 through 8, Korean social platform Idol Chart asked K-pop fans which idol with 'explosive vocals' they would like to see do a live stage. In total, 85,033 fans participated in the poll, with Ha Sung Woon winning 48% of the votes (40,910 votes).

BTS's Jungkook followed close behind, taking second place with 47% of the votes (40,287 votes). Other idols who were nominated by fans included Kim Jae Hwan (2,184 votes), NU'EST's Baekho (1,024 votes), X1's Han Seung Woo (276 votes), TWICE's Jihyo (175 votes), Seventeen's DK (68 votes), Oh My Girl's Seunghee (61 votes), and MAMAMOO's Solar (61 votes).Meanwhile, Idol Chart has since opened another poll asking fans to vote for which tall idol has the best proportions out of the tallest idols in each group.

Debut Showcase Tickets For Maroo's New Boy Group Teen Teen Sell Out In A Minute

Tickets for upcoming boy group TEEN TEEN's debut showcase have sold out in only a minute!

Ticket sales for the event, which will commemorate the group's debut mini album 'Very, On Top,' officially opened on September 9 at 7 PM KST through Interpark's ticketing service.

TEEN TEEN is comprised of Maroo Entertainment's Lee Jin Woo, Lee Tae Seung, and Lee Woo Jin, who represented the label as part of the maknae line of Mnet's survival program 'Produce X 101.' Earlier this month, it was revealed that the trainees would debut as a three-member boy group, with the showcase being the group's first promotional activity together.

Meanwhile, TEEN TEEN will be holding their showcase on September 18, the same day of their debut album release. They also plan to greet fans via VLIVE to celebrate their debut.

X1 To Take Short Break From Promotions To Spend Chuseok With Families

'Produce X 101' project group X1 will be taking a short break.

"X1 will be spending their first holiday since debut with their families," a representative for the group announced to the press on September 9. "During the Chuseok holiday break, the members will be returning to their respective homes and take a rest."

Meanwhile, X1 became the first K-pop artist to sell more than 520,000 copies of their debut album in the first week. Since their debut two weeks ago, the group has been promoting continuously and will be resuming their activities after having time to recharge during the Chuseok holiday.

Akdong Musician Gets Ready For Comeback With 'Sailing'

Akdong Musician has released their comeback poster.

The brother-sister duo will be coming back now that Chanhyuk is back from the army. They'll be coming back with their 3rd full album 'Sailing', and have released their teaser poster for their comeback. The poster looks a little darker than we're used to from Akdong Musician, but whatever their concept is, they're sure to be back with amazing music.

Stay tuned until September 25th!

Changmin Donates 70 Million KRW To Help Fight The Amazon Fire

Changmin has donated 70 million KRW (approximately 60,000 USD) to help the Amazon.

Greenpeace revealed, "TVXQ's Changmin donated 70 million KRW to help restore the Amazon rainforest that's been destroyed by the fire, and to examine the destroyed area." The proceeds are from Changmin's collaboration with Represent, where he had the theme of protecting the environment.

The funds will be used to help restore the damage from the Amazon fire.

10 September

GOT7 Prelude To Major-Scale Stadium Concert In Thailand Next Year During 'Seven Secrets' Fan Meeting

From September 5-8, GOT7 greeted fans through their 'GOT7 Fan Fest 2019 - Seven Secrets' in Bangkok!

Over the course of 4 days, GOT7 mesmerized fans with a total of 7 unique shows, filled with each member's solo stages. While wrapping up their 'Seven Secrets' fan meeting, the GOT7 members hinted at an upcoming, major-scale concert next February, at the Rajamangala National Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand!

The show will take place on February 15, 2020 as a part of GOT7's ongoing 2019 world tour, 'Keep Spinning'.

OUI Entertainment Confirms They've Signed On With 'Produce X 101', 'YG Treasure Box' Trainee Wang Jyun Hao

On September 10, a representative from OUI Entertainment confirmed to various media outlets that they've recently signed on with trainee Wang Jyun Hao!

Well-known Taiwanese trainee Wang Jyun Hao first garnered attention for his appearance as a YG Entertainment trainee on 'YG Treasure Box', before he also appeared on 'Produce X 101'. Meanwhile, OUI Entertainment is known to have also signed recently with Wang Jyun Hao's fellow former 'Produce X 101' trainees, Kang Suk Hwa and Hidaka Mahiro.

OUI Entertainment is home to artists such as former 'Produce 101' season 2 contestants Kim Dong Han and Jang Dae Hyun, as well as X1's Kim Yo Han.

X1 Decorate The Cover Of '1st Look' Magazine; Netizens Unsure About The 'Filter Effect'

Project boy group X1 will be decorating the cover of '1st Look' magazine's latest issue!

Set for release this September 11, this month's edition of '1st Look' will be available in 2 unique covers featuring the X1 boys - one will be a pink version with a front and back, and one will be a black version spread.

But netizens aren't exactly crazy about the "filter effect" that '1st Look' supposedly used for the group's cover pictorial. Some commented, "The effect is too early 2000's...", "The overall color palette of the pictorial is just stuffy...", "Why is it so washed out TT", "Wow that filter is cheesy", "I've always hated that hazy filter effect, it erases all of the lines that define your features. They look like they took sticker photos or st, so old-fashioned looking", and more.

Twice Release A Sneak Preview Of Their 8th Mini Album Tracklist

TWICE have released a sneak preview of their upcoming 8th mini album tracklist!

Surprising fans by kicking off their official comeback teaser series over the weekend with members Nayeon and Jungyeon, TWICE have so much more excitement in store ahead of their full comeback this September 23 at 6 PM KST.

Judging by a preview of the tracklist below, TWICE's 8th mini-album 'Feel Special' will contain a total of 7 tracks - including their title track "Feel Special" composed and written by J.Y. Park alongside Ollipop and Haley Aitken, as well as the Korean version of the group's hit Japanese single "Breakthrough"!

X1's Kim Woo Seok To Return To 'The Show' As A Special MC After Over 2 Years

X1's Kim Woo Seok will be taking on the role of special MC on SBS MTV's 'The Show', later tonight!

Previously, Kim Woo Seok promoted as a fixed MC of 'The Show' during his days as UP10TION's Wooshin until April of 2017. He'll be returning to his position for a day again after approximately 2 years and 5 months!

This time, Kim Woo Seok will be testing out his chemistry with 'The Show's current fixed MC, CLC's Yeeun. Look forward to tonight's episode of SBS MTV's 'The Show' airing on September 10 at 6 PM KST, featuring performances by CLC, EVERGLOW, The Boyz, X1, D1CE, ONEWE, and more!

11 September

EXO's Chen Unveils A Set Of Artwork Teaser Images For His Solo Comeback

EXO's Chen has unveiled a set of two unique artwork teasers for his solo comeback!

The main vocalist of EXO will be returning this coming October 1 with his 2nd mini album, 'Dear my Dear'. The album contains a total of 6 all-new tracks, showcasing Chen's growth as a musician since his solo debut promotions back in April.

As you can see below, Chen's two distinct artwork teaser images give off very contrasting vibes - one, full of life and color, the other, downcast and colorless. Meanwhile, pre-orders for Chen's 'Dear my Dear' open this September 11!

Mamamoo And X1 To Perform At The Opening Ceremony Of The 100th Korea's National Sports Festival

The 100th National Sports Festival is going all out with their celebrations and have booked MAMAMOO and X1 to perform at the opening ceremony.

It was revealed on September 10th that both X1 and MAMAMOO will be performing next October for the huge festival for the opening ceremony.

Other artists such as Dynamic Duo, PSY, and Ailee will also be gracing the event with their talents. The national sports festival represents 16 different cities and provinces throughout Korea and will allow athletes to compete in 40 different sports.

'Youtube Korea' Teases New Original Series Featuring TVXQ & Super Junior's Bromance Travel Adventures

Longtime friends and co-workers TVXQ and Super Junior will be traveling together for a new 'YouTube Original' series!

On September 10, 'YouTube Korea' dropped a series of spoiler teaser images to excite fans ahead of TVXQ x Super Junior's upcoming "bromantic" travel adventure series. First, the teasers began by hinting at the filming location, then went on to reveal close-up shots of the traveling members' hands, asking fans if they could guess the members only by their hands!

Finally, in the last spoiler image featuring a group selca of the members, 'YouTube Korea' revealed the faces of Super Junior members Eunhyuk, Shindong, Leeteuk, and Donghae, as well as TVXQ's Yunho and Changmin.

According to fans, the above Super Junior and TVXQ members were recently seen filming for this particular series in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. Are you excited for some TVXQ x Super Junior bromance? Look out for more information on this new series, premiering on October 9!

WINNER And iKON's Hit Producer/Song-Writer Joe Rhee To Debut As A Solo Artist

According to The Black Label on September 11, hit producer/song-writer Joe Rhee will be making his solo artist debut!

Joe Rhee will be debuting under the stage name Vince some time soon, joining The Black Label's artists like Zion.T, Anda, Jeon So Mi, and more. The composer and producer is well-known for numerous hits like WINNER's "Ah Yeah", iKON's "Killing Me", G-Dragon's "Super Star", Sunmi's "Gashina", etc.

Ahn Jae Hyun's Lawyer Says He Cut Ties With Jung Joon Young In 2015

Ahn Jae Hyun's lawyer says he cut ties with Jung Joon Young in 2015. With Ahn Jae Hyun's public divorce battle with Goo Hye Sun, many netizens are looking back on the actor's connection to controversial KaKaoTalk chatroom member Jung Joon Young.

Due to his past friendship with Jung Joon Young, Ahn Jae Hyun is being seen as guilty by association by some as Jung Joon Young himself and his friends, such as Seungri and Jonghun, have faced charges for sharing illegal camera footage of women and sexual assault.

In a past program, Ahn Jae Hyun was asked who he's good friends within the entertainment industry, and he answered, "Jung Joon Young." However Ahn Jae Hyun's lawyer Bang Jung Hyun is clarifying reports once again, saying, "Ahn Jae Hyun is not a member of the problem chatroom. After analyzing his KaKaoTalk, it looks like the two cut ties around 2015."

12 September

TWICE Unveil Complete Tracklist For 8th Mini Album 'Feel Special'

TWICE have unveiled the full tracklist for their 8th mini-album, 'Feel Special'!

You can look forward to a total of 7 tracks in TWICE's upcoming mini-album, including title track "Feel Special", "Rainbow", "Get Loud", "Trick It", "Love Foolish", "21:29", and the Korean version of "Breakthrough". As you can see below, all of the TWICE members took part in writing the lyrics for "21:29", while other members like Nayeon, Jihyo, Dahyun, and Momo took part in writing for various other tracks named above.

Can't wait for TWICE's full comeback this September 23 at 6 PM KST!

Armys Take Over Twitter To Celebrate RM's Birthday, Trending Multiple Hashtags Worldwide

BTS's RM is celebrating his 24th birthday and ARMYs all over the world are celebrating by taking over Twitter!

Fans are congratulating the popular idol star and have taken over 6 of the top 10 trending hashtags worldwide including #HappyBirthdayNamjoon, #OurJooniverse, #MoonchildDay, #HappyBirthdayRM, Joonie, and Kim Namjoon.

Happy birthday to RM!

Sana Rocks Pink Hair In Video Teaser For 'Feel Special'

TWICE's resident cutie, Sana, is ready to show fans a completely different side of her in the group's upcoming release 'Feel Special' on September 23rd.

Sana looks elegant in pink hair and colored contacts. Although her doll-like visuals remain, she definitely sports a more mature vibe as she gazes into the camera.

BTS's RM Picked As Idol With Best Fortune On 'TMI News'

BTS's RM was picked as the idol with the best physiognomy fortune on 'TMI News'. On the September 11th episode of Mnet's 'TMI News', a physiognomy expert discussed what RM's face indicates about his character and future.

The expert said on RM, "Most people have straight brow bones, but RM's are in a curve... This means that he'll achieve the height of fame in his own field. The points on his forehead also indicate that he has definite likes and dislikes. That's why he's able to lead that group so well."

Kim Hye Yoon And Rowoon Paint Romantic Snapshots Of 1st Love In 'Find July' Official Posters

MBC's upcoming Wed-Thurs drama series 'Find July' has revealed a set of romantic official posters, ahead of its premiere next month!

Based off of a popular webtoon series of the same name, 'Find July' tells the story of a high school student who discovers one day that she's, in fact, a side character in a fictional manhwa story. Played by actress Kim Hye Yoon, 'Find July's female lead Eun Dan Oh decides to become the heroine of her own story, rather than following the fate written out for her by a higher power.

Opposite Kim Hye Yoon, SF9's Rowoon takes on the role of the male lead Haru. At first, Haru doesn't even have a proper name in the story, simply labeled as "extra character #13". However, as time goes on, the character joins Dan Oh in searching for his own story and his own adventures, breaking free of the fictional storyline.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

599K 22K 45
"o shit ur not johnny" "wow way to state the obvious" ⇔ j.j.h. of nct ⇔ started 5/27/17 finished 7/01/19 RANKINGS 08/18/18 #21 in messenger 11/18/18...
40.5K 739 27
Just some daily dose of our boys that you'll need in your life..... ------------------------------------------------------- ©𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐚𝐞07...
152K 2.2K 100
❝ all in us! ❞ ੈ✩‧₊ 𝚒𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚑𝚗 𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚖; 𝚒𝚝𝚣𝚢'𝚜 6𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 ༉‧₊˚✧ ˖⋆࿐໋₊ ...
76.5K 1.1K 28
⊹♣︎˖ ࣪ᯤ 𝖶𝖧𝖮 𝖶𝖠𝖲 𝖨 𝖥𝖮𝖱 𝖠𝖫𝖫 𝖳𝖧𝖨𝖲 𝖳𝖨𝖬𝖤 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗬 𝗞𝗜𝗗𝗦 𝗛𝗔𝗦 𝗧𝗢𝗠𝗠𝗬! ❪ oc x seo changbin ❫ 𖥔♧˖ ࣪⌗ slow up...