The Harlem Way

By CHOCstories

If I tell you, you belong to me. Would you be mine in reality? And not just in my mind. I'm so tired of being... More

01. A Day In The Life Of...
02. Do I Know You?
03. Damn...The Weekend.
04. Reaching Out.
05. Get To Know Me {Part 1}
06. Get To Know Me {Part 2}
07. To New Beginnings
Drive-In Movies & Red Velvet Cupcakes (Short)
08. A Different Side.
09. What Friends Are For
10. Feelings & Truths {Part 1}
11. Feelings & Truths {Part 2}
12. The Proof
13. Street Cred
14. Consequences
15.
16. My Side Of Town {Part 1}
17. My Side Of Town {Part 2}
Meeting Lexington (Short)
18. A Little More Of Me{Part 1}
19. A Little More Of Me {Part 2}
Fellow Readers/Followers!
Girl Talk (Short)
20. Bad News
21. In The Name Of Crazy
22. My Dirty Little Secret
23. All Of Me
24. Back On Track {Part 1}
25. Back On Track {Part 2}
Boo'd Up|Ella Mai Style (Not So Short)
26. Take You There {Part 1}
27. Take You There {Part 2}
28. This Is Reality
( Short)
29. Congratulations
Birthday Boy (Short)
30. Thanks Greetings {Part 1}
31. Thanks Greetings {Part 2}
Breakfast With Friends (Short)
32. Civilized Conversations
33. Caught
34. Moment Of Truth
Here's A Little Advice (Not So Short)
35. Letting Go
37. It's Your Birthday {Part 2}
Author Questions
It's Still Your Birthday {Short}
It's Still Your Birthday {Not So Short}
38. Back At Home
{Short}
39. Christmas With the Morgans & Hamptons{Part 1}
40. Christmas With the Morgans & Hamptons {Part 2}
Breakfast With New Friends {Short}
41. New Years Cheers
42. {Part One}
43. (UPDATE! CAN Y'ALL SEE IT?)
44.
🌹

36. It's Your Birthday {Part 1}

9.8K 521 435
By CHOCstories

December 6, 2016

Sarai' Morgan

"Mmm..." I moaned with a stretch as I rolled over in bed. Jah wasn't next to me but this time I didn't panic. Reaching for my phone, I saw that notifications were coming through. Plus the group chat I had with Dub, Mel and Manny was a mess.

FreaksByNature😈:

MyManny💄💋: HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎈 BABYGIRL! Bitch, did y'all land yet?! I didn't help you pack for nothing! And the dick down...I just know it was brutal 😩

Mel😝💕😘: Did you get a good fuck last night?! Jah deserved it, after you played with his feelings. Where did y'all go?! I already have the pregnancy tests stacked and ready for when you come back.

MyDub👯‍♀♥: I CAN'T BELIEVE MY DUB IS LEAVING ON OUR BIRTHDAY 😡😭I FLEW IN FOR NOTHING.

I laughed aloud, ignoring the texts to FaceTime Dub. It rang a few times before the call ended. Instead of calling back, I got out of bed to find Jabri. Last night's talk was still heavy on my mind. It felt good to finally be able to let everything out but I still felt bad.

Him telling me that I didn't love him the way he loved me truly hurt. It made me feel as if I wasn't doing enough to assure him of my love. It came as a surprise but it had to be said. It didn't make the blow any less hurtful though. The both of us cuddled in silence as we let each other's words marinate. It was a lot to take in and digest, so I guess silence was good.

"Babe?" I called in concern as I pushed the bathroom door open. Jah was hunched over the toilet, vomiting. "Baby...are you okay?" I rushed to his side. He nodded with his eyes closed, letting more out into the toilet. "My stomach fucked up." He mumbled, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. He was sweating, his nose was runny, and his eyes were tearing. He didn't look well at all.

"What did you eat?" I asked as I helped him up from the floor. After flushing the toilet, I put the toilet seat down and helped him to the sink. He grabbed his rag and toothbrush to freshen up. I grabbed the gloves and cleaning supplies from the cabinet to get his mess while he brushed. "Nothing. Shit started late last night...I feel crazy." He sniffed. "You have any ginger-ale? Your stomach needs to settle first before you eat." I suggested.

"I got some in the fridge. I ain't really hungry though." He told me. "I know babe, but you have to eat." I said to him. He continued to brush before gargling mouthwash a few times. "Maybe we should stay in today." I suggested. "Nah, it's ya birthday." He turned from the sink to look at me. "I'll have more birthdays, babe. I want to make sure you're okay." I spoke genuinely as I walked over to him.

Wrapping my arms around his neck, I pecked his lips. "I'm hot as shit but cold at the same time." He complained. "You don't want to go see a doctor?" I asked. "Nah, not until I get this cast off. I'ma just take some meds and sleep." He said. I nodded, walking hand in hand with him back to the room. "I want you to enjoy ya day though. Birdie ain't got nothing planned?" He asked as he sat on the bed.

"Well...we thought I would be gone." I laughed a little. He chuckled and got up quietly, going over to the closet. I watched him skeptically, wondering what he was up to. When he finished in the closet he came back over with a birthday bag. "Really?" I blushed. "Yeah...I was still gon' give you ya gifts." He handed me the bag before sitting back down. "I'm gonna cry." I whined as I joined him on the bed. Sitting, I crossed my legs and pulled the bag toward me.

"Don't be jumping all on me and shit when you see what's in the card." He smirked a little before sniffling. "What did you do?" I squinted at him. After opening the card, I shot up from the bed, screaming and jumping once I saw what was inside. I heard him chuckle lowly before he sniffled again. I was smiling ear to ear as I looked over at him. His arms were folded together as he looked at me with low eyes.

"I can't believe you got me tickets to see my man!" I squealed and cheesed. "Man, fuck Trey Songz." He grumbled in a serious tone. "Do not play with my man." I straight faced him. "I'a beat that nigga ass." He claimed as I rolled my eyes playfully. "So, you're going with me? You got me two tickets?" I was confused. "Nah, I ain't going. Better ask Mel or Birdie." I laughed at how serious he was. "Babe, I don't go off when you talk about Erykah Badu or Nia Long." I reminded him.

"That's different." He argued. "I'on know how but it just is." He said making me laugh. "It's not different but okay. You don't have to go with me." I said. "I know." He mumbled, closing his eyes again. I took this moment of silence to read the card. "This card is beautiful babe, I love it. You pick really good cards." I blushed. They were wordy but sentimental, which meant more to me than anything.

Reaching inside the bag, I pulled out a shoe box. I lifted the lid and smiled in awe at the pair of Christian Louboutin heels.

"Baaaabbeee! You know I love a good heel!" I squealed, not being able to contain myself as I jumped on him. He groaned but embraced me anyway. "C'mon man." I kissed all over his face. "I'm sorry...I'm just really excited. I didn't expect anything from you to be honest. We hadn't talked in almost a week." My voice suddenly became small as I mentioned it. "That's wack...oh shit. Happy birthday, I'm tripping." He cleared his throat as he shook his head.

"Thank you baby. I really appreciate you. You didn't have to get me anything but you did. You do a lot for me...even when I'm acting like a brat." I spoke genuinely. I now see where I fell short and I would work on that, for us. "Stop doing that...we straight now." He said. "I know but what you said really got to me..." I started to get emotional. "Rai', chill out...we good." He assured me. "Yeah, I know but—" "But, we good, so shhh." He cut me off as he placed his arm over his face.

I would drop it, for now.

"I think you should go see the doctor babe, you don't look well." I changed the subject. "I'ma be aight." He claimed. "You're staying in then."
I told him. "How you gon' tell me? I'ma grown ass man." He fussed. "I just did. It's the winter time and you're already sick." I said in a duh tone. "It's ya birthday." He said like I didn't know what day I was born. "Babe," I laughed. "Let me worry about my birthday, okay? You focus on getting better." I got up from the bed and exited the room.

In the midst of walking to the kitchen, my phone rang. "Helloooo." I sang into the speaker. "Good Morning. Happy birthday babygirl." My father's voice came through the phone, instantly putting a smile on my face. "Thank you Daddy." I responded. "You and Bubba have about 20 minutes to get over here for breakfast." He informed as I frowned in confusion. "Breakfast?" I repeated. "I didn't know we were still doing breakfast." I said. Every year on our birthday, Mommy would fly in to cook for us.

"Babygirl, this is routine." He chuckled. "I know but I was supposed to be out of town..." I reminded him. "You're not going away?" He asked skeptically. "No, he canceled our flight. He isn't feeling well anyway, so I really don't want to leave him." I pouted. His sudden sickness worried me. I noticed his appearance last night but I didn't say anything. He looked extremely tired, maybe even dehydrated.

"He's sick?" Daddy questioned. "Yeah, it was sudden. He has a fever but he's cold, runny nose, watery eyes. He's vomiting too." I ran down the symptoms to him. "Hmph. When's the last time he took a pill?" Daddy asked. "Uh...I'm not sure? Maybe the day before yesterday?" I guessed. I watched him flush the pills last night, so I knew that he didn't have anymore. After our talk, we got straight in bed and he was the first one to doze off.

"And how long has he been taking them?" Daddy wondered. "For months...since he was shot." I replied. "And he just cut them out, cold turkey?" Daddy inquired. "Yes, I think so." I answered. "Could be withdrawals baby, his body is used to having them everyday." My father informed. "I didn't even think of that." I frowned. "Yeah. Most people lower their dosage...but he cut it straight out. He's going to be feeling on and off for a little while." Daddy explained as I walked back to the room. Jabri was knocked out cold, his arm still over his face.

I loved when he slept in that position, so I admired him for a minute. If his right arm wasn't wrapped up, it would definitely be in his briefs. Am I wrong for wanting to hop on him right now? I know he's sick...but damn I need some dick. Did I just rhyme? "Babygirl?" My father's voice took me away from my freaky thoughts. "Huh? I'm sorry, what did you say?" I jumped back into the conversation. "Your mother is going to start throwing pots in a minute. You have 15." He joked before we hung up.

"Babe?" I called as I walked over to the bed. I went to his side and rubbed a hand down his arm, waking him. "Hmm? What's wrong?" His eyes opened but they were still low. "Nothing. I got your ginger-ale." He sat up slowly, rubbing his eyes. "You're gonna make it worse." I moved his hand. "This shit wack...I hate being sick." He grumbled as he took half the bottle down. I got quiet, contemplating on how I should bring the subject to his attention.

"Babe...I have a question." I bit my lip as we met eyes. "When's the last time you...you know?" I didn't want to say it because I didn't want him to take it wrong. "Like the day before yesterday...why?" His brow furrowed as he looked at me. "Whatchu think I'm lying? You wanna check my shit?" Even asking as carefully as possible, he still took offense. "No, no. That's not what I meant, okay? I'm just asking because it could very well be withdrawals. You've been on them for months and the sudden stop is what's causing your body to react this way." I explained to him.

"Ain't like I been using them for years, Rai'." He mumbled. "It doesn't matter though, you're used to consuming them. Can we please just go to the doctor, just to be sure? You don't look healthy." I pleaded with him. He just nodded. "Why didn't this shit happen before? Why it had to be on ya birthday?" He complained, making me giggle. "I am the least concerned about that, I just need you to be okay." I spoke honestly. We could hang out and leave the state anytime.

"When you get better, we can celebrate then." I smiled as he got up from the bed. I got up to find something to slip on for breakfast. "I was tryna get some pussy too man, shit wack." He fussed to himself as he left the room. I laughed. I was trying to throw it at him, so I understood his frustration. "Bae, get the door!" I heard him yell. After slipping on my black UGGS I went to do so, yelling to whoever was on the other side. When I opened it, there stood the delivery man.

"Hi! I have a delivery for a Mrs. Hampton?" I couldn't hide the smile on my face upon hearing that. Jabri thinks he's slick. "That's me." I cheesed. "Here you are." He smiled politely as he handed me the big edible arrangement. "Thank you. Could you wait right here for a second?" I quickly ran back to the room to retrieve a $20 bill from my purse. "Thank you so much." He thanked me. "No, thank you. Have a good day." I waved goodbye as I shut the door.

I wasted no time taking my fruit to the kitchen to open. Passion fruit was my favorite. As I munched on my treat, I pulled out another card that was attached to it. I was already smiling before I opened it because I knew that it would make me blush. His words were always raw and comical.

Happy Birthday Bae, witcha wet ass. I'm tryna eat you right after you finish this shit, on dirt gang. But yeah, I gotchu a big one so you can share forreal. So, don't eat it all greedy.

You finally growing up a lil bit...lol. Nah, real shit? I love you mama and I hope you have the best birthday ever. This ya first one you spending with me , so I'ma make sure it's lit. I love ya spoiled ass.

I laughed aloud after reading. "What's funny?" Jah's voice sounded as he appeared fully dressed with another bag in his hand. It was a big one. "This card...you just can't keep it clean. Always wanna eat somebody." I joked. "You be wanting it though. Here." He walked over to me. "If you don't want me to get emotional, I suggest you quit it." I giggled. "You a crybaby forreal." He tried me. "I'm overwhelmed with all this really." I was serious too. I felt guilty.

I was taking his love for granted.

We weren't speaking but yet I showed up to his place with my bags, expecting to still go on this trip. I admit, that was selfish on my part. I didn't take into consideration how that would come off. Bottom line is, I expected to be spoiled even when I didn't deserve it. That wasn't fair to him and now I know that. I'm just so used to getting what I want, when I want it. Jah's been showing me that I couldn't have it my way since we've met and I still try to get over on him. Yes, he spoils me too but he also puts his foot down. Especially this time around, which was an eye opener for me.

"Ouuuu yesssssss!" I twerked, cheesing at my new thigh high boots.

"I love these baby! Thank you!!!" I dropped the bag and jumped into his arms. "You welcome. You ready?" He asked. "Yes, are you? I let Mommy know we're going to the hospital." I informed. "Why? Whatchu going over there?" He asked confusingly. "Mommy makes us a big breakfast every year on our birthday. But I told them you weren't feeling well, so I'm gonna stay with you." I told him as we got ready to leave.

"I'm going witchu, mama cooked." He said without hesitation, making me laugh. "I thought you weren't hungry?" I giggled. "Mama food fire, I'ma eat if I can stomach it." He confessed. "Okay." I answered, grabbing my keys. "We still can go out to eat or something if you want." He said as we got on the elevator. "Babe, it's okay." I giggled. "I'm just happy that we're still together and on the same page. You could have walked away from us...from me. Your love, security and trust mean more to me than trips and gifts." I spoke truthfully as I walked into his arms. "I hate that I made you feel that way." I continued, getting a chuckle from him.

He tilted his head to the side and licked his lips. "I'ma hear this all day?" He asked as I nodded and pecked his lips. "Yes. I want you to know that I appreciate you. I want you to feel it. Actions speak louder than words but being verbal is just as important." I said as we got in my jeep. "Real shit." He replied lowly. I pouted to myself as I looked over at him. I didn't like seeing him out of his element at all. I just hoped that whatever it was would pass soon, so that we could get back to being happily in love.

Jabri Hampton

"You feeling alright?" Kofi asked as I nodded, taking another swig of my gatorade. "Yeah, just tired." I replied. Turns out ya boy was really having withdrawals which was crazy as hell to me. I didn't think it was that bad. When I think of addiction, I think of my uncle Cliff and we were nothing alike. Or so I thought...

Having to actually admit that shit and be treated as one is hard as hell. According to the doctor, I wasn't only experiencing physical symptoms but psychological ones as well. The irritation, the mood swings and the inability to concentrate. All of those were signs too. "Did they prescribe you anything?" He asked as I nodded. "Yeah...I can't say that shit though. Nol, Nax something." I admitted, getting a chuckle from him. "Naltrexone. How often do you take it?" He wondered. "Whenever I get the urge to pop, I guess. It's supposed to prevent relapsing."I shrugged.

I know I flushed them shits like it was nothing but I needed some real sleep right now. I couldn't sleep for shit last night and was up the entire morning letting that shit up. One minute I'm hot, the next I'm cold but the sweating didn't stop. "The side effects of the shit they gave me is the same shit. I'm not taking it." I grumbled. How the fuck you give me a drug to get off another one? I'm already experiencing the fucked up symptoms, now I'ma be feeling that shit times 10?

Fuck outta here.

"I always say it's stupid. Sage has home remedies for everything. Sleep fixes everything for me, so I don't take medicine. But, it's fine if you can't do it alone." He said. "Yeah..." I mumbled, closing my eyes. "I've accepted that I'm going to have to deal with you for some time, so I'm always here to talk if you need it." I opened my eyes and looked at him crazy. He laughed. "Yeah, I know. I don't like many people but I can respect a honest man. My daughter is in love with you, so I have to accept that. Unless...I have to kill you for breaking her heart." He said that shit like it was common conversation. I wasn't shook but that shit was calmly smooth.

"Kofi." Mama Sage entered the basement just as he said that. "Baby, I was joking." He lied. "He really wasn't though." I instigated. "Mi know." She responded as she walked over to me with a big mug in her hand. "Here." She handed it over to me. "What's this?" I asked. "Ginseng tea." She replied. "Just jink it bowy." She fussed at me. I responded with a 'yes ma'am' and took a sip. It was sweet but I still ain't like the taste of it. "You're nuh suppose to like it." She giggled. "It'll mek yuh feel betta, calm yuh symptoms." She explained. "Told you," Kofi added.

Mama Sage clicked her teeth and rolled her eyes as she got up, leaving the basement. "You think Babygirl is sassy, imagine being married to the woman that birthed her." He joked. "Speaking of marriage...do you plan on marrying my daughter?" That question came outta nowhere, making me choke on the tea. Pause. "Where that come from?" I asked. "From me. So, do you? I just need a yes or no answer right now...we'll talk more when the time is right." This guy here man.

"Yeah, I do." I ain't think twice about it. This was something I thought about frequently but I knew the time wasn't right yet. He didn't say anything, he just got up and went over to the bar. "I can't believe you cancelled the trip." He switched convos, coming back to his seat. "Yeah...ya daughter is a handful. I almost called the whole relationship off..." I admitted to him. I didn't say it to Rai', even though she thought it. Saying it would make her worry and she was already worried enough about my confession last night.

At least I have her attention now.

"I told her you guys were broken up because us men don't do breaks." I dapped him for that one. "I'm saying. The fuck is a break?" I cussed. "A break got Sage a ring and some babies." I laughed hard cus' little do he know, his daughter gon' be in that same boat. This gon' be the first and last break we ever take cus' I ain't with that shit. "Most people call that trapping." I entertained the joke even though I felt the same. "I wouldn't call it a trap...I would say a deal. A new start, if you will." He laughed. "I'ma agree witchu." I said before I heard both Birdie and Rai' loud asses coming downstairs. They were laughing and talking loud.

"Oh, there you are! Are you feeling better?" Rai' made her way into my lap. I could tell she was drinking by the tone of her voice. "Somewhat. Ya moms got me on this tea." I gestured to the mug. "That shit is nasty." Birdie commented. "Bubba." Her father warned, making her cover her mouth with big eyes. Rai' was laughing like the shit was hilarious. "Daddy, I'm so sorry. I forgot you were sitting there." She giggled. I shook my head at both of them. "Babe, walk me to the bathroom." Rai' said low enough so that only I could hear.

I placed my tea on the table and followed behind her, watching her ass in this one piece thing she had on. I wanted to be in her shit so bad but I needed energy for that. I hope this tea put me in the right mood, cus' a nigga had plans. "Baby, I know you feel bad but...I'm reaaallllly horny right now." Even though I was thinking the same thing, I played fake. "That's fucked up...in ya people's spot too?"
I shook my head at her. She grabbed my hands and put them on her ass. "I knoooow. Just...a little quickie? You can just sit down and I'll do all the work." She was really tryna get my goodies in the bathroom.

"I'm telling." I laughed. "No. okay-wait. I'm just a little drunk, but I'm serious. I just need 10minutes. It's been 6 days." She whined, kissing on my neck. I stepped back and moved her away from me. "You counting?" I teased. "Yes. Now, sit on the tub." She pointed but I stayed in place. "Ya boyfriend feel like shit...and you tryna fuck him in ya parents bathroom? How that sound Rai'?" I kept going. She knew I could care less but it was funny to see her like this. "It sounds fun. I'll be quiet, I promise." She was pulling her one piece down but I put my hand out, taking it back up.

"Chill Wet, I got something better." I told her. "But I'm already wet..." I chuckled deeply. "I know it but close ya eyes." I instructed her. She stomped her feet and kissed me a few more times before doing so. Reaching into my pocket, I pulled out an envelope and put it in her hand. "Another card? Babe, I love your cards...I really do but-" She started but I cut in. "Sarai', just open the shit." I demanded. She sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes as she did so.

"Oop." She gasped as she caught what was inside. I gave her a minute to get herself together so she could process the gift. Next thing you know her extra ass started to scream. "YOU DIDN'T CANCEL MY TRIP?!" She jumped on me for like the 20th time today. "Nah." I never cancelled the flight, I just made sure we had a afternoon one. I already knew she wanted to spend time with Birdie cus' this would be their first birthday apart, so I set it up right.

"Babe...this says 4:15pm...today." She looked shocked. "We can't leave...you're not feeling well." She started to pout again. "I'ma be straight...I got meds and shit. It's ya birthday, I want you to enjoy yaself." I shrugged. I been fighting this shit all day, a few more days wouldn't hurt. According to the doctor, this shit could last from one to three weeks. I just needed a few moments to feel decent and I was straight. "Baby...I'm going to cry." Her lil voice trembled before she kissed me, being all extra and shit. "Yo, stop crying." I chuckled. "Don't call me yo." She hit my chest lightly. "Can I piss in peace?" I asked her. She wiped at her eyes and nodded. "I cannot believe you..."She kept looking at the plane tickets.

"Oh my God, I'm still crying." She talked to herself as she left me in the bathroom. I shook my head, laughing at her reaction. She was drunk but I knew it was genuine. Allat fussing I did and still kept everything as is...with my soft ass. I couldn't help it though, she was my baby. As much as she got on my nerves, I wanted nothing but the best for her. If I could afford it then she could have it with no question.

Kinda blah, but here it is 🙃

Destination will be revealed in Pt. 2

Love j'all for rocking with me 🤞🏾

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 236 83
"Is this actually real?" You ask your best friend. "Absolutely. And I'm glad it is." ----- Welcome to a time of change. A different air to breathe...
2.2K 67 18
They never tell you what to do when five girls from your school go missing. They never tell you what to do when you witness them getting murdered in...
205K 8.7K 23
'Accidents happen'. That's what people say. Yet, some accidents take away from us more than others. Ethan had it all. Everything was lined up in fr...
987K 31.4K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...