The Crown

chofachofachofa

It was the first thing he saw when his eyes opened for the first time. The glistening, golden glow shining in... Еще

INTRODUCTION
PART ONE - THE BEGINNING OF THE END
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
PART TWO - AN ATTACK ON SANITY
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
PART THREE - THE END
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
PART FOUR - RECONCILIATION AND HEARTACHES
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
PART FIVE - A CATASTROPHIC HAPPY RESOLUTION
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
lil vote
Epilogue - 1
Epilogue - 2
Epilogue - 3
Epilogue - 4
Epilogue - 5
C O N T E S T
CONTEST (part 2)

Chapter Seven

4K 120 19
chofachofachofa

Who did he think he is? Choosing my fate? I'm the heir to this kingdom-to this castle. I decide who will be my queen, not my father, Tobias thought to himself.

Tobias stomped in the garden, his hands at the bottom of his pockets. He walked toward the table where Princess Lauren sat on the table, her long dress hitting the ground. She looked up at the sky, her sunset-colored hair tied up with a bow in a neat bun on the top of her head.

Once she spot him, Lauren smiled and walked toward him. Reluctantly, he lifted his arm for her to slip hers around. She rested her head against his shoulder, commencing her drawled out stories about everything that came to mind.

All Tobias could think about was his encounter with Beatrice, notably about their encounter in the hall. She seemed so distraught, like she had seen a ghost, and he desperately wanted to help and comfort her. But, then again, it was not as if Beatrice would ever open up to a prince. She is most certainly afraid of me and my status, he reminded himself.

Tobias thought of her more - her soft skin, her mesmerizing eyes, her perfectly curled lips, her body...the way their bodies collided against each others in the hall. The way his arms instinctively wrapped around her, almost like he was meant to do that for the rest of time.

"Prince Tobias? Are you listening to me?" Lauren interrupted.

"Mmhmm," Tobias responded.

"Anyways..."  she rambled again, continuing her stories about herself.

"As I was saying, I was thinking of running away..." Beatrice finished, looking up at Tobias for an answer. "I know it's a lot, and you have your duties here, but we could be happy somewhere else..."

"Together," Tobias finished for her.

She smiled. "Together."

He turned her around and looked her deep in the eyes. "Have I ever told you how much I love you, Beatrice?"

She giggled softly and rolled her eyes. "You've only told me about a thousand times, Tobias."

And with those words, Tobias placed his palms on the sides of her face before leaning in and giving her a long, sweet kiss.

"Tobias..." She murmured as he continued to kiss her.

"Tobias..."

"Prince Tobias!" the un-sweet and sour sound of Lauren's voice filled Tobias' ears once more. He groaned to himself, remembering his reality, and not the one he was just daydreaming about. "My dear prince, are you even listening to me?"

"Yes, Lauren, I am. I'm listening. Please, continue," Tobias assured.

Why did this girl fill my thoughts so entirely? Tobias complained silently, closing his eyes to think. There seems to be no explanation as to why the image of her induces daydreams! She plagues my mind!

A group of servants walked past them, pausing in their presence. They bowed together, pronouncing their greetings. Lauren smiled, content with the sight of being reminded of her importance compared to others in society. Tobias found himself having the opposite reaction; the sight of servants bowing to him so naturally made him sick to his stomach. 

She leaves me distressed!

"Your servants are all so well mannered," Lauren compliments. "I wish ours were as obedient."

"You should ask my father how he instills them with fear," he replied. "I am certain he would be most entertained by such a topic of conversation."

Lauren glanced at the prince wearily, chuckling. "I suppose it is impossible to instill every servant with fear. Some of them ought to be taught on a basic lesson of how to address a royal."

Tobias turned his head away, hiding his sneer at her words. He was certain she was referring to their interaction with Beatrice in the lobby. He desired desperately to be able to abandon the princess right there and then, but the image of his father came to mind at the thought. 

Why should I be so afraid of a man who consistently threatens me with the removal of privilege? I would almost prefer to see him do so; maybe then could my life begin some resemblance of what I desire

Lauren continued the next couple of hours of the conversation by telling stories of her ancestry and generations of kingdoms. Tobias kept his lips sealed, dozing off from time to time, trying to stay awake as Lauren made every new conversation about herself. 

As night fell on the garden of the castle, Lauren smiled at the prince beside her. "I quite enjoyed myself today."

"As did I," he said quickly, monotone.

She smiled and curtseyed. "Your presence is one I cherish, my dear prince."

Tobias nodded at her words before waving a guard over. He instructed him to escort the princess out, while the prince paced his way back into the castle walls to retreat to his bedroom.

He was certain for a fact that he despised this princess.

As the doors opened, Tobias hesitated for a second at the sight of his father. Marcus, true to his word, paid no attention to his son as he entered the dining hall. The doors closed behind him as the doorman returned to his post, but stopped at the sight of the prince. He lowered his eyes to avoid eye contact. 

Tobias cleared his throat. "Have someone bring food to my bedroom."

The doorman nodded as he opened the doors and walked inside. Tobias watched the dining hall doors as they closed, which was his invitation to continue toward his bedroom to be left in solitude. 

What a tiring afternoon, he complained, rubbing his forehead. Tobias looked up at the guard posted by his door, but turned away at the sight of him looking straight ahead. The aggravated prince opened the bedroom door himself, walking in. 

No one would understand.

When he entered his room, Tobias found none other than Beatrice on her way out. His breathing hitched at the sight of her, and as did hers. Beatrice flashed a small smile as she lowered her head and curtseyed. 

"Your Highness, I was just about to leave," she told him. "Is there anything you request of me?"

He stared at her, his heart hurting. She had been the first one to dare look at him all afternoon. 

Why did this hurt him?

"Thank you for cleaning."

His words were soft and genuine. Beatrice glanced at him and smiled. Her family had never done well with thanking nor congratulating one another for duties such as cleaning, which was deemed a simple necessity. Nevertheless, hearing gratitude from the prince was incomparable to any other. 

"It's my duty," she responded with a smile, clearing the awkward silence in the room.

Tobias chuckled. "Duty..." he stepped toward her. "Duty reveals itself to be incredibly imprisoning nowadays."

She remembered the conversation she overheard and faltered at his words. "The power of duty is more than just a single person. It affects other elements that rely on it," she said slowly, thinking of her own situation and her duty to her family by accepting a post and sending money to them. "There's a beauty to duty; it lies in the freedom that encompasses the accomplishment." 

Tobias looked up at her, her words affecting him greatly. 

He almost smiled; she had remembered his talk of freedom. She had listened to him. 

Before allowing her to run away again, Tobias stepped in front of her, blocking her path. "Beatrice, what happened this morning?"

"I'm sorry?"

"Something had frightened you when we encountered in the hall. Something had happened," he wrapped his hand around her arm. "You can tell me what happened."

"Your Highness," She stuttered out in complete shock at his unexpected words. "I can't begin to tell you how inappropriate on my behalf that would be. You're my employer, your Highness, so I can't confide in you. Nothing happened this morning."

"Please, Beatrice," he looked into her eyes. "I do not condone lying. Something happened. Tell me."

Beatrice glanced at his hold on her arm. She felt her arm falling limp at the warmth that radiated from his fingertips. "With all due respect, my prince, I am still in no position to worry you with anything that happens to me."

"I beseech you, Beatrice. Allow me to help you."

Her heart beat erratically as she freed herself from his grasp. She placed a hand on her heart as she turned away, pressing her other hand to her forehead. She felt faint - why did it matter so much what occurred that morning? Why had he touched her and held her arm for as long as he did?

Were there not rules in place to forever separate the things they found themselves continuing to do?

"I don't deserve such attention from you, my prince," she finally said, turning back toward him. "You needn't worry about me."

Tobias sighed, shaking his head. "How could you say such a thing? Why would I not want to worry about your wellbeing?"

Her heart lunged to her throat, her hands trembling. "Why would you?" she whispered. 

His brows dipped in pain as Tobias took a step back, leaning against his desk. He pressed his hand to his forehead, thinking over the moments he let transpire between them. Beatrice held her shaky hand, awaiting the prince's next comment. 

"I will not allow you to continue with this secret," he said, looking back at her. "I wish to protect you from what left you terrified."

Her breath shook. "Your Highness, please-"

"Damn it!" He cursed, throwing the paper from his desk to the floor. He ran a hand through his hair, looking back at her. "Do not ask of me to simply disregard your wellbeing! I care for you far too much already to ever ignore you further!" His words faltered at the end, taking a deep breath. 

Beatrice stared at Tobias, her eyes wide. She stood there, speechless and motionless. She was about to fall – faint. 

As a matter of fact, she was prepared to die right there and then.

I care for you.

What did that mean to her - to them? How could he say such a proclamation to a woman like herself?

She was conflicted now - everything inside her exploding with confusion. She watched him stare back at her, his eyes dancing around her face, seeking any reaction on her part. 

Once again, Beatrice took it into her hands to break the uncomfortable silence. "You can not possibly care about me. We are not the kind of people who care about each other."

Her words stung her own heart as she turned away from Tobias. 

Beatrice took a deep breath and walked out, her hand over her mouth. As the doors closed behind her, her hands shook fervently. She clumped the front of her dress in her hands before running away from the door as fast as she could, a tear slipping from her eye. 

As she left, she almost expected Tobias to run after her. She longed for him to hold her as he did before.

Tobias let out a breath he inadvertently held in, his own hands shaking. He sat at the foot of the bed, replaying the moment on a loop in his mind. He contemplated running after her, but Beatrice's words rang harshly in his mind. 

Tobias buried his head in his hands, shaking profusely. 

No one would know, around a corner of the prince's bedroom, hid the queen, who had heard everything.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

29.9K 580 35
ALLEGIANT SPOILERS! After Tris's death, Tobias goes to see her in the weapons lab. When he gets there, he realizes that he went only to be greeted wi...
3M 127K 42
She was the type to stare herself in the mirror and see someone else stare back. Someone who was free and light, being able to spread her wings like...
3K 112 9
Disclaimer: I don't own the Divergent Series. Once upon a time a handsome prince fell in love with a brave trainee. He was her instructor, but wanted...
17.7K 410 15
"If you look anymore perfect, I will lock you up in my room And I assure you, you won't be able to walk for days after that." It was every girl's dre...