Only Time Can Tell

By ShaunaRoberts304

Sally-Ann Neil had been working in Paris as a top paying model for 5yrs and was now making her way back to h... More

Chapter One
Chapter Three.
Chapter four
Chapter Five...
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven. ...
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen. ..
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen...
Chapter Sixteen. ..
Chapter Seventeen. .
Chapter 18
Chapter Nineteen. .
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one...
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-Four.
Chapter Twenty-five.
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine.
Chapter Thirty.
EPILOGUE...

Chapter Two

15 0 2
By ShaunaRoberts304

"Sally-Ann,  wait a minute," Karen said calling out to her. " I'm sorry, I had no idea. I thought my brother loved you and I never thought he'd cheat on you. I oftened wondered how he ended up with Amanda and well I  know! I'm sorry I called you those name's. You should have told me, I could have been there to help you. I guess that's what hurt me the most.... You  not  telling me! "Karen said  apologizing. "I know I should have told you about Skyanne, but I didn't want anyone feeling sorry for me. Skyanne is my child and my responsibility - no-one  else's, " Sally-Ann told her  friend.

"Well I know now, and I'm sorry you had to go through all that on your own.... let's hope it  never  happens again, " Karen said hugging her friend.
"That makes two of us - I never want to go through that again on my own, as it was pure torture! " Sally-Ann told her. "I  bet it was, especially going through it at such a young age. It must have been scary,"Karen said. " Yes at times it was, but I learnt to deal with it, " Sally-Ann admitted. " I had to, as I didn't have any choice, " she added.

" You we're saying something about presents? " Karen asked as she took a seat next to Luke. " I  sure did, there on the coffee table in front of you, " Sally-Ann told her as she took a seat opposite Luke and Karen. " Nothing much, but  a few odds and ends that thought you might both like. "  "Are you for real? It looks like you brought everything but the kitchen sink, " Karen said  laughing. 

" Skyanne honey, can you do the honor of handing them out to your Uncle Luke and Aunty Karen please, " Sally-Ann asked  her daughter. " Okay Mummy, " she said plonking herself down on the floor in front of her mother, than handing Karen a pink tote bag with a girl  walking a dog on the front of it. Taking the bag fom her niece, she looked inside to find pretty pink tissue paper covering the gifts.
" Wow, check out all the different types of teas I'm going to try out and these candles smell really nice, " she said smelling all the different scents.
Next was Luke - Skyanne handed him a tote bag with the Eiffel tower on the front of it. He opened it to find a variety of different coffee, men's aftershave lotion and a black Beret.
Karen's next gift was a bright pink Beret, some very colorful scarf's, tops, pants, dresses and Skirts.  Luke got a whole bunch of men's clothing and some beautiful ties. Next gift Karen opened was a Givenchy paris Dahila Noir 3 piece perfume gift set, with a Paris Hilton clutch purse. " Oh lordie Sally-Ann, you shouldn't have. These gifts are just beautiful. . . . I  love them.  Luke's next  gift was a Bruno Banan Hol wallet and a leather Levis fort belt. " Oh Sal, thank-you ever so much - I just love them, " he said.
"  Not done yet guys - was saving the best for last, " she said placing the last two  larger  bag's down in front of them.

Opening up the bag and pulling out a well wrapped gift, Karen slowly unwrapped it to find a  beautiful portrait of both Sally-Ann and Skyanne standing under the Effiel tower, inside a beautifully handmade photo frame. Stacked around the photo frame were other gifts that she soon learnt was a stunning white evening gown with matching pearl earrings, necklace and evening bag and the lateest make-up kit on the market for this season. Underneath that all, she came across something else. Opening it up, she started laughing.
" Gee's your funny, " she said holding it up high for Luke to see.
" See, told you I had brought the kitchen sink! " Sally-Ann smiled.
" I don't know what to say, I'm totally blowen away by all these beautiful gifts. Thanks a million Sally-Ann, I love them all so much  and I  truly love the photo of Skyanne and you. I'm going to hang it up in my room," she said placing everything back into a neat little pile in front of her.

Luke than opened up his last gift to also find the same photo in the same frame. Around his frame, he had found a blue suit with an awesome tie and a dress watch. Underneath all the clothes he found a playboy bunnies keyring.
" Wow, check this out - I really love this keyring Sal, " he thanking her once again.
" Not a problem  - I'm just glad you both like your gifts, " she said feeling  pleased with herself.  " I've even got some gifts for Mr and Mrs Young . "

Once  they had finished opening up the gifts, Sally-Ann brought them, Skyanne asked her mother if she could go back outside to play. " Sure you can sweetheart, " her mother answered.

They sat talking about Paris and what it was like, when suddenly there was a knock on the front door.
" Holy  crap, I wonder who that could be, " Karen said almost jumping out of her seat. " Who is it? " " It's me Steven ", he said. " Just a minute, I'm actually on the phone right now with a client, " she called out to her brother, while looking straight at Sally-Ann; who happened to be turning white from panicking.
" Oh no, please tell me this isn't happening - I can't deal with your brother right now, " Sally-Ann said hitting the panic button. " Calm down, there's no need to blow a gasket - just go down there and hide in the back room. I'll come get you once he's gone, Karen said  pointing to the back bedroom. " And what about Skyanne, she's still outside playing -  what are you going to do  if she happens to come back inside looking for me? " Sally-Ann said with a  worried look on her face. " Not to worry , I got it all under control. Stop worrying you worry-wart and just hide before my charming brother kicks the front door down, " Karen told her friend, as she tried hurrying her along. " And stop giving me that look Sally-Ann. " she said heading towards the front door and opening it.

" Well it's about time - what took you so long? " Steven asked  as he came inside. " I  was on the  phone with a client and Luke was outsde taking the washing off the line. What seems to be the problem? " Karen asked. " No problem, was just wondering if you guys are free tomorrow night , as I'm throwing a surprise  birthday party at the Sundowner for Amanda and I'd like it very much if you guys could join me " he said. " Sorry can't - got plans already  made, " Karen said telling her  brother  a little white lie. " Oh great, the one person I thought I could rely on turns me down.... Gee's thanks a lot sis! " he said. " Now I'll have to go cancel my booking I made and change my plan's once again. "  " Enough with the guilt trip, okay brother dear, " she told him.

Right at that very moment Skyanne came back inside, took a look around and couldn't see her mother anywhere. " Aunty Karen, where's my Mummy gone? " she asked with a worried look on her little face. " Your mother step out for a minute, she'll be back soon sweetheart,"Karen told her niece.

" And what may your name be sweetheart? " Steven asked. " My name is Skyanne Neil and I'm 5 yrs old. My Mummy's name is. . . . "
" Um Skyanne honey, why dont you run along and go play. I'll call you once your mother's back, " Karen said cutting her niece short. "
Okay Aunty Karen, " Skyanne said  heading back outside to play.

" Cute kid. .... her mother must be one hell of a stunner, " Steven coaxed. " As a matter of a fact, Skyannes mother is a model and a very good friend of mine. I'm surprised that you haven't seen her picture on the front of a magazine somewhere before, " Karen told him.
" Nope,  can't  say I have, but I'd love too meet her one day and if by any chance I have a little girl later on down the track, I hope she's just as cute as this little girl, " he said. " If only you knew, " Luke  muttered under his breath. " What was that Luke? " Steven asked.
" Oh  nothing, just  something I remembered I had to do today, " Luke said  as he got up and went to the kitchen.

" Best I get moving than if I'm to cancel that booking I made, " he said  heading towards the front door.  "Oh for fuck's sake, enough  with the guilt trip Steven, we'll be there  okay, I'm  sure we can  change  our plans, " she said starting to  plot a plan together.  " Great, I knew I could count on you sis. See you tomorrow night, 7pm sharp at the Sundowner, " he waved goobye. " Sure thing, " she said  giving him the thumbs-up. " Bye now, " she said  shuttig the front door  behind him.

No sooner had she shut the door, Luke was standing there in the lounge-room with a puzzled look on his face.
" What, what did I do now?"she asked.
" Mind telling me what exactly it is your up too and why on earth would you tell your brother that we'd be there tomorrow night for Amanda birthday. Haven't you forgotten one small detail? " he asked. " I 'm not up to anything  Luke,  what  makes you think that? "
" Um, let me see..... you just agreed too meeting your brother tomorrow night for a surprise birthday party and have seemed to have forgotten about our house guest Sally-Ann, "  he statted.
" Nope, haven't forgotten anything - I'm about to work on that now,"she said picking up the phone and dialing her friend.
" Who are you calling? " Luke asked her.  " Im  calling  my friend Betty to ask if she can look after Skyanne tomorrow night, " she said  waiting for  Betty to pick the phone up.  " Your not serious! "he asked.

The phone only rang twice before Betty picked it up.  " Hello  Betty, it's me Karen Young. "  " Why hello dear, what can I do for you? she asked. " I  have a small favor to ask. A friend of mine is in town for a few days and while she's here, I'd like to take her out for a few drinks tomorrow night. Only problem is that  she has a 5yr old daughter and doesn't know of anyone to babysit.  So I was wondering if it were possible if you could babysit her for us? " Karen asked. " Sure, not a problem  at all love, that would give my Grandaughter someone to play with while I'm looking after her. " Thanks very much Betty.  We'll drop her off sometime tomorrow afternoon,Karen said thanking her once again  before  hanging up.

" There,  all taken care of. ... now all we have to do is talk Sally-Ann into  joining us, " Karen said as she  turned to face Luke.
" Are you crazy, just what are you up to  Karen  Young?  Whatever it is your plotting, I don't want any part of it at all. .... Your  on your own with this  - leave me out of it, "  he said  shaking his head  in disbelief. 
" Oh  come on Luke, there's no harm in it, all we're doing is asking Sally-Ann to join us for dinner- no big deal, "she said.  " No big deal, are you serious  -  your really going to push for this? Haven't you forgotten  your brother  is going to be there with Amanda  or has that  slipped  your mind."  Nope, I haven't forgotten about  it at all." "  Well Miss Smartie pants,  will you be so kind enough to tell me how your going to explain to Sally-Ann why Steven's there and just how on earth your going to  pull this off,  as I'm  dying to know, " he said hatting the whole idea.

"Simple,  we're going to ask her to join us for dinner and we will leave here around  at  6pm, place Sally-Ann at the end of the table facing away from the main entrance, that way she won't see Steven and Amanda walking in, " Karen said  liking her little plan.
" Are you for real?  This is crazzzzzy Karen and like I said before - I don't  want any part what-so-ever in this game your playing. So just  leave me  out of it.  Cause  once  Sally-Ann finds out that your the one who plotted up this  scheme, she's not going to be  too bloody happy  at all. And if I were you  (  and thank God I'm not )  I would seriously start running now, " he told her, as he  got up to walk outside to get Skyanne.

Getting up and walking  down the  hallway to the back room, Karen called out, "  It's okay, you can come out now, he's gone.  " About time. I thought he'd never leave, " Sally-Ann said  coming out and taking a seat in the  lounge-room  across from Karen.

" Mummy, I just saw my Daddy, "Skyanne said as she took a seat next to her mother."  " Oh my God what? How did this happen? "she asked  firing  one question after the other. " Calm down before you give yourself a nervous breakdown Sally-Ann,  she just  happened to have came back inside as Steven was about to leave  and asked  where you were.  Steven asked Skyanne who she was and she told him. Harmless  as,"Karen told her.

" please  tell me your kiding! "Sally-Ann said  shocked by what she was hearing. " I'm afraid  not Sally-Ann, but before Skyanne  could say
another word, Karen cut her short and sent her back outside to play. That's when Steven said he wishes to meet her mother one day because she must be a real stunner and said that if he ever had a little girl of his own later on down the track- he wishes she's just as cute as Skyanne. And funny thing was, he never clicked when Skyanne gave out her name, " Luke told her.  "  So you see , it's all good.  You can stop stressing  out. I told you it would be fine, that I'd handle it. " Karen  told her. "Well that was just a little to close to comfort for my liking,"Sally-Ann  said calming  herself back down  after the little shock.

" Anyway,  Luke and I were talking and we would like to take you out for dinner tomorrow night and before you say anything about a babysitter, you don't have to worry, as I've already taken care of that. Remember my old friend Betty Logan? Well she's agreed to watch Skyanne for us, " Karen said  waiting for  an  answer. "Is that so.... and how would you have known if I'd even say yes to that? "
" Well I didn't, but you would be a fool to knock it back, "Karen said. "  Would I now? " "  Yes and besides - you  will love it  Sally-Ann.
So what do you say? " Karen  said pushing her into making a decision.  " Come on, it will be fun, let your  hair down for once girl," Karen added. " Okay  then, I'll go. "  " Yay... you will love the  place, I swear, " Karen smiled.

" Well I had better get moving if I'm to find mself a motel for the night, " she said  starting to get up and head to the front door. 
"Hey, why don't you just stay here tonight.  There's  plenty of  room and it would be lovely having you here."  "I don't wish to put anyone out,"Sally-Ann told  Luke. "Don't be silly, your not putting anyone out. Like I said before,  there's  plenty of room and  we'd love for you to stay, both  Luke and Karen  asured her.
" Okay, I'll stay the night, but  in the morning I really must find myself a van, " Sally-Ann told them both.

They stayed up talking for ages, when Sally-Ann took a quick glance at her watch. " Gee's,  I think it's my bedtime. It's been a very long day for both Skyanne and myself and I'm beat. I'll catch you both in the morning."she said  getting up and  carrying Skyanne to her bed, placing her down, then climbing in next to her.

Turning to face Luke, Karen said, "  See, I told you - piece of cake."  " And I'm telling you that you now, that your mad! But good luck to you,  you're  going to need it once Sally-Ann finds out what you've done, " Luke told her.  " Oh lighten up Luke, it's harmless and she will get over it, " Karen shot back at him. "Well like I said before  -  this is on your head and I don't want any part of it what-so-ever.  So do me a favor and leave me out of it,"he said getting up and  going to bed.
"NO BALLS!" Karen  shouted back at him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228 0 5
Scarlet had a pretty comfortable and successful life up until the time tragedy struck her, her dreams of being mother were shattered. Everything chan...
267K 7.4K 25
Daisy Stevens is a 21-year-old girl who is in her senior year of college. She started texting some man she never met in her life or maybe she did, bu...
12.2K 378 43
Jenson Woods had just watched the girl that has made her way into his heart, leave to go all across the world to England. He let his cousin have her...
2.4M 90.9K 45
KELLY & STEPHEN Kelly Jane had a huge crush on Stephen ever since the moment she laid eyes on him. Even though he has a bad reputation when it comes...