Heartstrings

Por bossbitch3000

As two souls together intertwined And as two guarded hearts turned blind, What started off as hate, later ser... Mais

Authors note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Another authors note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
The last author note

Chapter 36

207 11 1
Por bossbitch3000

The ring
*Heaven's POV*
I quickly ran home and changed into more comfortable and suitable clothes before making my way to the ware house, following the address given to me.

I arrive to a huge, new, prestigious building about forty floors high. This definitely is not the right place. But that's what the address said...

Above the entrance, a huge "King's Enterprises" sign glistened in illuminated letters. King's enterprises was a huge chain of hotels and clubs owned by the King family. Oh, so this must be the company Landon's dad owns. Landon's family name is King after all.

I text the number that had sent me the address, informing them about my arrival. Outside the building, in the dark humid night I stood. Around me were only two other people. They looked young and fit. One if them was a woman around 26, with long blond hair and brown eyes, and the other was a man around 30 with tattoos all over him muscular arms to his neck and up his bald head. They both looked confused and kept checking their phones aswell. The night was quite, not a single car nor person was in sight. My text was not being answered.

Suddenly, masked men appeared behind the blond woman and bald man. I could tell there was one behind me as-well. Quickly, bags were thrown over the heads of the blond and the bald and they were being dragged away behind the building. 

I immediately ducked turning around, and swiped my leg under the man standing behind me, making him crash to the floor with a loud thump. The other two masked men ran out from behind the building and charged at me. Both stood on either of my sides, circling me ready to attack at the slightest movement. I jumped, pirouetting in the air and kicking both masked strangers where the sun don't shine.

While they were occupied with their precious jewels, I held their heads and slammed them into each other knocking them out. "That was easy", I mumble, catching my breath. I then ran behind the building where the man and the woman had been taken to, and found them kicking and tossing and turning in hopes of getting out of the ropes tied around their hands and the bag on their heads. I tried opening the door, but the car had been locked. Rapidly, I picked the lock and broke the door open and cut the ropes around their hands with the small pocket knife I had brought with me for security reasons. As I helped them out of the car, I noticed a silhouette standing in the shadows. It started moderately clapping.

_ "you never fail to impress me my dear Heaven" says the one and only Juliano Garcia.

_ "Garcia" I greet, skeptically studying him.

_ "I'm pleased to tell you, that you are the only one to make it through my first test for you. I didn't even doubt you hermosa." He says, his hispanic accent coming through thick.  "while you two... didn't..." his words gave out the slightest bit of disgust. "But do not fret amigos... this is only the first test... fail two more and you shall not see daylight again" he laughs at that last sentence.

_ "we had a deal" I hiss.

_ "oh I wasn't talking to you darling, you and me both know you are gonna make it through with flying colors." He pauses. "Now, moving on from the quick thinking and agility test... I shall take you to the warehouse where my most trusted men will continue your testing" he said. My two competitors looked at me with vying stares.

^Landon's POV^
It was already 11 PM. We had excused ourselves and left Alex and Silas behind to finish off our game night. We drove to the warehouse and changed into our working uniforms before heading to the training room.

We entered the training room were stood my father, with three of his men beaten up and bruised.

_ "what the hell happened to them?" I asked.

_ "one of our new recruits did, that's what happened" he explained, throwing daggers at the men.

_ "can't wait to meet him,  you guys look priceless no offense" snickered Justus.

_ "her" corrected my old man.

_ "her?" We all said in sync.

_ "yes, a very beautiful girl with light brown hair... I think she'd be perfect for you son. Maybe she can tame you a-bit, ey hijo?" he joked.

I roll my eyes as Athena and Justus burst into laughter.

_ "Let's go meet your soon to be wife Landon. Can't wait to get to know her" snickers Athena, patting me on the back before walking past me. Justus followed suite, trying to stifle his chuckles.

_ "how many are there?" I ask.

_ "three, two girls... one stupid blond and the feisty brunette and a bald guy" answers mi padre. "Meet me in my office after you're done, I will need the results of all three of the recruits. Then the one with the most skills and highest score will travel with you to Mexico." He says confidently.

_ "and how do you know we can trust them that easily? They are just newbies, they don't have enough skill nor experience, and for all we know they could be spies or something."

_ "trust me, she is no spy and I think she has enough skills and experience for you to take along. Now go meet the hermosa. I promise you won't be deceived." He winks at me and walks away.

Who is this girl?

I walk into the room that held the new members. Athena and Justus stood there at the door, mouths agape, both shellshocked. I look around the room following their gaze past the bald guy and the blond, only to land on the pulchritudinous girl wrapping her hands with athletic gauze bandages. My eyes widen with realization. There sat Heaven. She raised her eyes and took the twins and I in shock.

_ "Justus? Athena? L-Landon?!"

_ "Heaven!?" Exclaim the twins in harmony.

_ "what are you doing here?" Asks Athena.

_ "uhh- umm... let's test you all first then talk" I cut them off. Making it obvious we know Heaven will only make the other two more competitive and make them think she is receiving special treatment.

The twins and Heaven stare at me quizzically and I give them a nod, motioning to the other two people standing in the room with my eyes. They all seem to have understood as they put on poker faces and Heaven continued wrapping the gauze around her hands.

_ "we now shall be testing your combat skills by performing a one on one. Introduce yourselves please."

_ "I am Elena Kashenyov. I was trained in Russia to be a Femme Fatale, but circumstances have brought me here. I can serve as good bait, and can flirt my way into getting what I from people" said the blond confidently, a heavy accent overpowering her words. She winked at me biting her bottom lip playfully. I look at Heaven, who shot daggers mentally at Elena. Damn... if looks could kill, the poor Russian would be dead by now. That was hot. "I can also fight well" she resumed, returning Heaven the nasty look.

_ "Cyrus" said the bold guy "I was a bodybuilder before getting kicked out of my job and house. Could be useful as a bodyguard or a trainer." His introduction was vague and short.

_ "Heaven, illegal fighter, know a few things about trade and sales, can be useful for weapon trade. Have been hacking phones, computers and cameras ever since I was 11. Also, I've been trained by a professional on how to shoot. Familiar with different kind of guns and have a perfect aim." Says Heaven as she smiles at Athena at the last sentence. I was shocked by the amount of skills she had. She had it all. Yet that didn't stop my blood from boiling and the million of questions running through my mind as to how she ended up here.

_ "Alright, let's get started then. First up Cyrus and Justus" I say, shaking my thoughts and frustration away.

Justus and Cyrus went up head to head. The fight was intense and bloody. Cyrus surely had the power... but he didn't have Justus's tactics and experience. He was the strongest fighter we have. In less than 2 minutes. Cyrus was down.

_ "not bad" I nod, throwing a towel at both of them. "Athena you're up" she nods at me and says:

_ "come on princess, show me what you got"
I could tell she did not like Elena.

Contrary to Cyrus, Elena had the tactics and experience, she had been trained at a special school after all. And in this fight, Elena had the upper hand as combat was not Athena's strength, yet she managed to almost take her opponent down. After 7 minutes of fighting, Athena gave up panting.

_ "Alright big boy, you're up." said Heaven as she made her way towards the ring with determination. I chuckled at her words.

_ "you think you can beat me?" I query cockily.

_ "No.... I know I can" she replies, winking at me, her voice sultry.

_ "kick some ass girl" whispers Athena.

*Heaven's POV*
I smile at Athena then step in the ring. This was my happy place. Let's get it on.

My confidence and insolence all dissolved, as soon as Landon stepped on the ring and took off his shirt. His handsome face was enough of a distraction as it is, add a godly body to the mixture... He shot me a vainglorious smirk. Oh... ohohoo... this motherfucker knew what he was doing. I return him a pompous grin, then take off my shirt, leaving only my sports bra on. He looked flustered.

^Landon's POV^
_ "game on" was the last thing she said before tying her hair and getting in position. I was not one to wait to be attacked, so I briskly lunged at her throwing a jab. She dodged it. I exhaled a breath I didn't even know I was holding. Truth be told, I was afraid of hurting her, even though I knew she was a pro in fighting. As if she felt my unease, she said:

_ "don't go easy on me... please". I nodded in response. With that, she took an expeditious step lessening the space between us and punched me once in the stomach once under the chin. Oh she was quick. I then aimed a hook at her head, and as she blocked it, I held her by her tiny waist, which felt right in my hands, and threw her to the floor. As soon a she hit the floor, I was ready to proclaim victory, only to crash to the ground myself. And that... was the last straw, before my angry and competitive side was unleashed.

I grabbed her by her leg, ready to throw her once more, but she quickly twisted it out of my grasp and stood up, sending her foot to my face. I barely dodged it as it wizzed near my ear. I stood up quickly and took in her inferno eyes, burning holes into my own.

~Athena's POV~
Ten minutes had passed since they started to fight, and both Landon and Heaven were up on their feet and ready for more. The tension between them suffocated everyone in the room, even the two newbies could tell that it could be cut with a knife. They both got lost in each others eyes, as if trying to read each other. With the speed of light, Landon placed himself behind Heaven and wrapped his arm around her neck. Her back slammed hard against his bare chest, leaving no space between them whatsoever. Heaven ran her fingers through his hair down his neck then ran her nails on his arm which was still wrapped around her neck, suffocating her. Goosebumps appeared on his arms and he shuddered, slightly loosening his grip on her.

With no hesitation, Heaven leaned forward, now carrying Landon on her back, then slammed him with all the force she had on the floor. Laying on his back, Landon winced, shutting his eyes in pain. Heaven then sat on his torso asking:

_ "you good?"

He pulled her closer, their faces inches apart.

Things were starting to get out of control, Elena and Cyrus should not witness this, and it was starting to get too mushy for my taste.

_ "Alright! Heaven won... let's move on" I yelled. Heaven got off of Landon, and Justus rushed to help him off the floor.

_ "it's okay, you may have not won, but you'll be able to make her sweat in other ways" Justus winked at Landon, helping him to a chair. Everyone looked at him bewildered. Then, a shoe was thrown at him....

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

103K 4.1K 55
IMPORTANT: The story contains lots of swooning moments, funny insults, chaotic and HOT situations, staring contests with a couple of intense blue eye...
2.2M 53.5K 62
"Breathe." He dipped his head down so that his lips were right at my ear, his strong arm wrapped securely around my waist, molding my body into his...
325K 5.9K 35
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐢𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 What happens when two completely different worlds full of sadness, jealousy, love, hate, and te...
72.3K 1K 61
𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆: 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄, 𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐆𝐒, 𝐀𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐇𝐎𝐋, 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒, 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 ...