Speechless- B*BARNES

By roguelc25

"Does she talk?" "No. She's been mute since childhood." Gemini Destiny Braddock. A girl with a very unknown... More

Description and Cast
001. Home Sweet Home
002. Help Needed
003. First Night Back
004. Don't Worry
005. Gifts and Visits
006. Family Business
007. Sickness
008. Accidents
009. The Compound
010. Bets
011. Unnoticed Ghost
012. House Rules
013. Feeling Bad
014. Apologies
015. Tic-Tac and Disney Films
016. Welcome Home
017. Anxiety Sucks
018. Cameras and Pictures
019. Crazy Karaoke
020. More Disney and Tears
021. Insomnia
022. Little Get Away
023. The S.S. Stark
024. The D.R
025. Never Have I Ever
026. Wins
027. Welcome
028. Bar Night and Problems
029. Family and Planning
030. Struggling and Just Dance
IMPORTANT A/N
032. Help, Plans and Threats
033. Friends and Date
034. Aftermath, Fears and Comfort
035. Return
036. Memory Lane Home Movies
037. Halloween
038. Mother Figure
039. The Kid
040. Spontaneous Trips
041. Game Night
042. Childhood
043. Over Working
044. Family Surprise
045. Christmas
046. New Years
047. Lazy Day
048. Camping Trip
049. Archery and Campfire Songs
050. San Fran and Secrets
051. Emptiness
052. Starting the Aftermath
053. Dark Day
054. Friendship
055. Promises
056. Back to Work
057. Children
058. News

031. Coping and Confessions

5.6K 154 72
By roguelc25

-----♕-----

GEMINI CARRIED MANY notebooks in a large stack into the living room. She sighed in annoyance at the many notebooks she'd filled over the years. Bucky laughed slightly at the amount, size and array of the books the woman carried.

She dropped them on the coffee table with a thud and let out a loud groan, massaging her now cramping hand. She collapsed beside Bucky puffing out the air. "What exactly are all of these?" 

Gemini grabbed one of the notebooks, handing it to Bucky. "Read them if you want." Bucky looked skeptical at first, he didn't want to do something that might invade Gemini's privacy. "It's fine, you're not doing anything wrong."

Bucky picked up the notebook on the top and chuckled. "Did you get this for yourself or?" 

Gemini smiled. "Joe got me it for my...twenty-sixth?" She stopped herself trying to think. "Yeah, twenty-sixth. He always nicknames me Zodiac, since I first met him. He called me it over FaceTime too.

Bucky nodded. "He lived in England before, didn't he?" 

Gemini gasped. "No. Really? I didn't know that." Bucky looked at Gem with an unimpressed look. She giggled before apologising. Bucky brushed it off quickly, opening the notebook and reading a random page.

"Is this..." Bucky read further into the page before closing it and handing it back to her. "I can't read that."

"Why not?" She asked confused.

"That's personal." He replied.

"I said you could read it, that means I gave you permission to. Plus you're one of the only ones that knows and understands about it." Bucky sighed giving into the reasoned explanation.

"It's a log on your anxiety then?" He questioned. Gemini nodded quickly. "Are all of them anxiety?" 

To the second she shook her head. "Not all of them. Some are but others are other diagnosis I've had over the years."

Bucky stared at the stack. "Not meaning for this to sound offensive, but, you've been through some stuff." Gemini laughed at his reply.

She nodded. "I know I have. My life is a rollercoaster of up and downs. I relate to much to sad Disney movies that it's scary." Bucky tilted his head trying to understand. "My life throws some shitty curveballs to my family and I and we try to face it as best we can." Bucky nodded.

"I get it. Is this to help Theo or something?" Bucky asked.

"Pretty much." Gemini answered. "It's my way of coping. It's a good way too."

"It's quite impressive, I wouldn't be able to think of this. How exactly is it good for coping?" Bucky was curious about how this helped, hoping to get some help himself.

"It let's you rant and get rid of all the feelings and stress or depressing thoughts you've been feeling during the day, week, month, year, decade etcetera." Gemini explained simply before going into her own personal experiences. "My way of coping's been this for a while. I started when I was a teenager. It was during a particularly rough part in my life, I hadn't found a way to cope with my anxiety that helped, the ones the therapists suggested never worked. My anxiety was getting worse, at least two maybe three attacks a day, the stress just piled up. With school, family and appointments it got so bad. Therapy wasn't helping and it was pissing me off so I stopped going - thinking that it was the problem - but it was still really bad. It was Joe who suggested I write my attacks, my feelings and emotions down - whether it be a few lines, words or seven pages. He told me his cousin went through it and her's was really bad at one point and so she began trying to find different ways of coping. She found writing as a good one and continued to do it after. She told Joe it really helped her. I started doing it and it did. It felt like I could write away everything I was feeling, any bit of stress, depression, anger: I'd right it down and it really helped through that time. I've been doing it ever since." (*A/N: I know that there are different coping mechanisms for anxiety but this is just one that I knew really well and that I personally use when I go through some shit that I need to calm myself down after. It really helped me through a particularly shitty time a few years ago xx*)

Bucky was beyond impressed at the coping mechanism. "That's actually really smart, creative too. Just like you." Gemini smiled, blushing slightly at his compliment. "I should try it some time. Just need a notebook I can carry." 

Gemini looked up before holding up her index finger telling him to wait before disappearing. She came back in holding a small brown journal. She placed it in Bucky's lap - it was pocket sized. "That should do it."

Bucky looked up at her. "Are you sure, what if you run out?" Gemini laughed.

"I've got a closet full of them, empty and full. You can have it." Bucky's eyes widened at the statement before thanking the girl, hugging her. He was overwhelmed by Gemini's kindness. He had seen how much she cared for her friends and family, he though it was really selfless of her.

They sat there for a moment, discussing different coping ways for panic attacks and anxiety, Gemini showing her - quite large - knowledge on the subject. After the surprisingly long conversation, the pair went silent, just scrolling through what to watch on Netflix.

"Anytime I'm on Netflix I end up just re-watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S episodes." Bucky laughed slightly, his hand moving his hair from his eyes as Gemini actually found a different show she hadn't seen in a long time. Prison Break. She pointed it out to Bucky. "I used to watch that with my brother at three in the morning every night when we were younger. Now that was a fun time."

Bucky smirked before taking the remote, clicking on the show, reading the description aloud. "You have a range of TV shows as well." He stated. Gemini nodded as Bucky clicked play on the first episode.

Gemini lay down on Bucky's legs, her hair sprawling all over his lap. Bucky got distracted by her hair, messing with it. "Your hair is so curly." 

Gemini nodded looking up. "It's annoying but I do like it...It does look like springs though." Bucky chuckled, brushing his hand through it, fairly quickly.

"I like it. It's cute. Makes you unique." He complimented.

"Beside the obvious fact that I can't speak." She reminded. Bucky shrugged before nodding. "Thank you though. If it means anything, I like your hair too. I like how it's still long after everything."

Bucky smiled before turning his attention back to the TV screen. Gemini however didn't. She continued to look at Bucky's reaction to the show she had liked for a long time. He thoughts drifted to Bucky. She examined his features, face and body. She found it nice how much confidence he had grown around the woman, being able to show off his metal arm to her without hiding it with a shirt. She had found herself sometimes, tracing the new patterns on the arm with her eyes, sometimes her hands. She extremely loved the company she had encountered ever since the accident at her apartment.

She had a sense of thankfulness towards the accident because if it hadn't, she would've never had met the majority of the Avengers and wouldn't have become friends with many of them. She definitely wouldn't have met Bucky, somebody she had started to feel something she hadn't felt for a while towards.

Gemini reached her hand up, gliding it over Bucky's unshaved face. He smiled before looking back down to Gemini. She sat up soon after looking him in the eyes. She continued to mess with Bucky's beard making him laugh slightly. "Are you having fun?" Gemini nodded, Bucky chuckled as a reaction. "You're so pretty." He blurted out by accident. He suddenly realised what he did by Gemini's blush. "Shit, sorry. I didn't mean to say that out loud."

Gemini shrugged it off. "It's fine, Buck. You're okay. If it helps you're very handsome too." Bucky thanked the woman.

"I just said it because --" Bucky cut himself off suddenly before shaking his head. "Never mind. I'm- I'm gonna go find Steve." He added quickly before standing up and beginning to walk away. 

Gemini wanted to shout after him. She knew she couldn't so she grabbed her phone and began typing. "Bucky wait!" It said loudly. He turned around as Gemini stood in front of him. "If it helps..." She knew what he going to say. Her moves were quick in reaction. She placed her hands on either side of Bucky's face before bringing his lips to hers in a gentle kiss. 

Bucky was so surprised at first he didn't kiss back. Soon the shock dissipated and he kissed back, snaking his arms around her waist. They were stood there for a moment, kissing.

Gemini was the one to pull away first. "I like you too." She smiled just before walking away, leaving Bucky stood there, slightly struck from shock and a feeling he hadn't experienced fully before.

Love.

-----♔-----

I hope you enjoy this chapter

I've always been extremely bad at putting kissing scenes into words but y'know

Ya girl's gonna try anyway because she that kinda gal 😊

We also got them Gemini, Bucky kiss

How we feeling????

The next chapter will be out soon

Kayla Lou xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 41 12
You're Tony Starks daughter that he didn't know about. You get into a fight and are sent to live with him, you know very little about him, and he kno...
238K 6.2K 19
Bucky may have been found and is being helped, but there were others with him. While regaining his own memories, he see's a specific girl fighting ag...
19K 431 11
Y/n L/n was known for one thing. Death. She was hard to catch, hard to see. At first, she was a science experiment, no no for hydra for a small mafia...
405 14 5
18-year-old Wren Ferris is a senior at Midtown Science High School. She's known Peter for all four years, but only ever interacted with him during th...