Football Love ✔

By persehades

Hayden Rose hasn't had much luck with the girls. He's good looking, dark brown hair and dark green eyes. It's... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two Dani's POV
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five Dani's POV
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven Dani's POV
Chapter Twelve Dani's POV
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen Dani's POV
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty Dani's POV
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two Walker's POV
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four Dani's POV
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Epilogue

Chapter Seven

7.6K 184 24
By persehades

{ Hayden's POV }

After I had written my name down, I was told to think of a well-known song that I would be singing to tonight. I had a song in mind, a song that I used to sing all the time for Dani. Cause maybe, maybe that person was Dani. Speaking of the girl in the red leggings, I spy her talking to a tall guy with black spiky hair beside the stage. I try and listen, but the crowd is to loud to hear anything they're saying. I watch as the guy says something than walks off, turning back once saying something, then walking away again. The girl stands there in shock, but then she takes a breathe and heads to the stage area. Was she Dani? was she my Dani? But this girl had brown and blond highlights added into her long black silky hair and who was the guy, he seemed familiar to me but I can't remember.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

{ X's POV }

Ring! Ring!

"Hello," I say answering my phone.

"Sir, we have sight on the guy," the other line says quickly. I look up and glance over the heads of the other kids.

"Where about?" I ask, I couldn't see him. At least not with all these people around.

"He's close by, I also believe he's joined the competition," the voice informs me.

"Thanks, I'll keep my eyes open. Well got to go, thanks for the information," I say about to end the call.

"You smash them sir," the voice says before the call ends. I grin, oh this would be easy enough alright.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

{ Dani's POV }

"Ok ladies and gents, give it up for... Drake," the announcer says loudly. The crowd cheers and screams, jumping up and down. Wow, I really didn't know Drake had this many well fans, did everyone know him. I watch by the side of the stairs, Drake swaggers onto the stage holding his black case. He looked like he belonged up there on the stage, waving and smiling at the crowd. The announcer, I think his name was Jason or Jake, handed him the mic.

"Well hello guys, how are we all?" he asks, the crowd screams in response. Drakes smile widens as he opens the black case slowly. "Well guys I'm going to sing a good song that hopefully you'll all know. It's pretty popular, haven't been out long," he says handing the mic back over. Drake takes the bright green guitar out of it's case and throws the cord around him, he takes a few strums of the cords before beginning. The crowd goes deadly quiet, waiting.

"As a child you would wait,

And watch from far away.

But you always knew that you'd be the one

That work while they all play.

And you, you'd lay awake at night and scheme

Of all the things that you would change

But it was just a dream!

Here we are, don't turn away now,

We are the warriors that built this town.

Here we are, don't turn away now,

We are the warriors that built this town

From dust."

Wow Drake could really sing and play, he like captured the audience even me. I was just hooked on his voice and just him. He was home and in his area, this was the real Drake not the flirty one.

"Here we are, don't turn away now,

We are the warriors that built this town

From dust.."

A/N: The song is Warriors from Imagine Dragons :P

Drake does a little trick with his guitar and then bows. The crowd goes wild, clapping is heard, even girls screaming.

"Wow well that was something there people, something indeed. Next is going to be... let's make him feel welcome," says Jason/Jake guy. I didn't hear the name of the guy cause of the crowd but I was guessing he was also good with the crowd going crazy again.

"That was amazing," I say as Drake meets me in the little corner beside the stage. Kinda like a little waiting area, kinda thing, I was currently sitting down.

"It's a good song," he says nodding his head and taking one of the spare seats beside me, packing away his green guitar. I was about to say something when I hear it, a song I would always remember. A song that always warmed my heart to here it sung, more important by why sung it.

"I knew the minute that I picked you up

It was gonna be a wild ride

You kissed me like you couldn't get enough

Barely made it out of your drive

Burning a little rubber at the red light

Got a little warning from the blue lights

It's only going on 9 o'clock but feels more like midnight.

We aren't even turned up the radio

Ain't been two miles down the road

The way you look at me baby I don't know

If we even gonna make it to the party

Yeah we gotta whole lot of moon light left

Already having the time of our lives

And we're just getting started tonight"

I shut my eyes peacefully listening to the familiar song and voice, the deep yet soft, golden voice. I listen to him as he finishes up the song.

"Ain't had a drink and I'm torn up

Ain't even had a taste of your love

But girl the crazy thing is

We're just getting warmed up

We ain't even turned up the radio

Ain't been two miles down the road

The way you look at me baby I don't know

If we even gonna make it to the party

Yeah we gotta whole lot of moon light left

Already have the time of our lives

And we're just getting started tonight..

And we're just getting started, tonight.."

A/N: The song is Gettin' Started by Jason Aldean :

"Wow, guys thats two amazing songs and singers playing guitar, just woah," cries Jason/Jake. The crowd goes crazy again even some girls were throwing themselves onto the stage and at the guys feet. That's when I look up at the guy, the guy I hadn't seen in two months, the same guy I missed everyday. Hayden, but it couldn't be him but he still looked the same although he looked a little older.

"Seems like I have some competition," says Drake quietly, watching the Hayden look alike.

"Yeah," I say quietly watching him, what if it was Hayden. Why did he choose to sing one of our songs.

"Dani, you're up now," Drake says tapping me gently, bringing me back to the present. I take a deep breathe, if Sam could hear me now and know that Hayden may be here, she would be proud of me of changing my sing choice. I slowly walk up the steps, one, two, three, one, two and three. I take the mic from Jason/Jake's hand, I really needed to know his name and walk to the centre of the stage. I close my eyes, trying to calm myself down, there was no need to panic. The lights all turn on, blinding me, I look out over the crowd. So many faces, so many people, I couldn't do this. I was scared, no way could I sing in front of all these people. I was going to sing Over You by Miranda Lambert but I think I'll change it back over to what I had before. That's if I could even sing it, I take a deep breathe and open my mouth.

"Lyin' here with you so close to me

It's hard to fight these feelings when it feels so hard to breathe

Caught up in this moment

Caught up in your smile.." I trail off looking around. I still remembered the lyrics but could I sing his part, could I sing another one of our songs. Could I just open my mouth and continue or will the crowd just stare at me, waiting. The next part was his part, but he wasn't here, it was a look alike and I needed to brave up and sing this song now or I will look like a fool up here. I open my mouth, close my eyes...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

{ Hayden's POV }

I had done it, I had sung one of our songs. I was amazed at myself, I had tried looking around for her but couldn't find her anywhere. Neither was that other guy that was talking to her earlier. I could hear Jason saying that another person was up next, wait did he say Dani. I was far away from the stage, and there was a huge crowd around it, I would never make it back to see if it's her. Instead I make my mind up and run towards the backstage area, I find Jason holding a spare mic watching the girl.

"Hey Jason," I call out as he turns the lights back on, they really were bright.

"Hayden hey, what's up mate?" he says hi-fiving me. "She's frozen on stage," he says quietly. I join him and glance around the curtain, there was the girl with the red leggings standing frozen, non-blinking staring out at the crowd. I knew the song she was singing, it was one I knew well. I quickly take the mic out of Jason's hand and walked onto stage, people glance at me surprised.

"I've never opened up to anyone," I sing softly, the girl glances up surprised. Her brown eyes big and wide, I smile at her as I continue. "So hard to hold back when I'm holding you in my arms," I say grinning as she smiles and joins in with me.

"We don't need to rush this

Let's just take it slow," I glance out at the crowd to see them clapping and waving their arms in the air.

"Just a kiss on your lips in the moonlight

Just a touch of the fire burning so bright

No I don't want to mess this thing up

I don't want to push too far

Just a shot in the dark that you just might

Be the one I've been waiting for my whole life

So baby I'm alright, with just a kiss goodnight." It's just like when we use to sing together, the both of us in our own little world with no worries or problems. Dani sways to the music as I sing another one of my parts. "No I don't want to say goodnight

I know it's time to leave, but you'll be in my dreams

Tonight,"

"Tonight," she says softly.

"Tonight.." we both say our voices joining together.

"Just a kiss on your lips in the moonlight

Just a touch of the fire burning so bright

No I don't want to mess this thing up

I don't want to push too far

Just a shot in the dark that you just might

Be the one I've been waiting for my whole life

So baby I'm alright, oh, let's do this right, with just a kiss goodnight."

"With a kiss goodnight."

"Kiss goodnight."

The crowd stays quiet, I glance at Dani, she was still frozen in shock. I smile, she had gone it, I had done it. We had finally sung in front of a crowd together, just like we had wanted to. Then the crowd jumps up cheering, screaming, yelling, clapping and everything in between and more. It was even more then that dude before me and my performance, I smile. Dani turns around to face me, a huge heart melting smile on her face, her eyes bright. She drops the mic and runs to me, hugging me tightly, I drop my mic and hug her tightly against me. Oh how I had missed this. Missed her. The crowd goes aww as we continue the hug, but there was someone who was saying boo although I couldn't see who. I feel Dani stiffen suddenly, I let her go and she takes a few steps away from me.

"What.. what are you doing here Hayden?" she asks frowning at me. No longer was she the girl I remembered, she was now the strong, brave girl.

"I had to come sense I'm a footballer," I say shrugging slightly, hurt rushes across her face. I mentally slap myself, why did I have to say football. I really hate myself now.

"Dani I'm sorry," I say, she glares up at me.

"For what, picking that over me or hurting me," she cries outraged. Luckily we were out the back of the stage and no one could hear us. Well hopefully not. "Cause right now, I don't care what it was about. You still hurt me, you didn't even give me a good enough excuse why you left me for football. You left me all alone Hayden, and I can't forget that in a matter of weeks," she says quietly looking up at me. "And anyway, I'm over you Hayden..." she says turning around and walking off. I blink, now that was a lie right there and I was going to probe it. I rushed over to her, and turned her around to face me. Her eyes were wide in shock, her mouth open in a slight 'o' shape. I don't wait, I crush my lips onto hers. Oh how I had missed her. At first she doesn't kiss back until I deepen the kiss and she moans slightly, kissing me back. I wanted her back, no I needed her back, I was going to prove that I'm worthy of her. That is until she pulls back away from me and slaps me across the face. Ouch. I guess I kinda deserved that one.

"Don't you go kissing me Hayden. Ever," she cries turning around and walking off. "You lied," I call out to her, she stops at the little door but doesn't turn around.

"Did I?" then she opens the door and walks out. Oh what had I done, had I stuffed this up again. Didn't she see I was hurting without her and that I missed her as much as she obliviously misses me. I drag my fingers thought my hair, I literally suck. My life sucks and now I probably had no more chances to prove her that I still love her. I open the door and walk out, hearing the latest update on the competition.

"And last but not least everyone. Team three will be made up of Drake... Dani and Hayden. Well done guys and meet at the centre in fifteen minutes for your group chat and deciding the song choice. Good luck." Maybe I still had a chance to show her, but why did Drake seem familiar to me. Like I had heard or seen him before. I take a drink as I wait for the fifteen minutes to be up. I go back to my past, thinking about all things back then. I jump up suddenly, spilling my drink all over the grass but I don't care.

"Oh sh*t."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Another chapter up and away, well another chapter done hehe :P The last party chapter is coming up soon, and the big competition. So Hayden and Dani's cute, lovely singing moment awww!!! But now there's trouble in paradise again :/ Hayden may have blown his chance with Dani again. Now he's remembered why Drake is so memorable. I wonder what could be the reason? Does anyone have any ideas on who X could be? Well if not, it's all good. Till next time guys, comment, follow and vote if you are enjoying the story :) and I'll be back with the competition chapter and more of Dani, Hayden and Drake ;D

~ Everything happens for a reason ~

Hint: There's a reason for why Hayden didn't choose Dani and instead choose Football. It's because of.. guess you'll have to keep reading hehe :P

Amy xxx

P.S if you want to know the songs;

Drake's: Warriors by Imagine Dragons

Hayden's: Gettin' Started by Jason Aldean

Dani's: Just A Kiss by Lady Antebellum

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2M 108K 55
Hoping for no distractions during her senior year of college, Ryan finds herself in a whirlwind romance following a one-night stand with the last per...
2.1M 61.8K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...
930K 28.8K 44
Emma White never had the perfect life. Her mother died giving birth to her, her father was always working and never gave her attention, but when she...
579K 10.8K 22
Danielle Davis has lived the 17 years of her life without a boyfriend. After a freak incident at her school in Amherst, her parents decided it would...