QUEEN| ATHUR CURRY (AQUAMAN)

By ladivinaemilia

"You make me feel like I do something right in my life, Amara." "I feel the same way, Arthur." In which the... More

1
CAST
2
QUOTES
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
Sorry. Life happened๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ’”
chapter 10?
11
Playlist
12
13
WTF
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
Life update
21
22
Change in title
23
24
50k
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
random
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
40
Announcement

39

685 19 0
By ladivinaemilia

"Go on. Kill me, live up to your name. The Goddess of Destruction and Chaos. Just like your late husband, Perseus..." ZAGREUS SNEERED, waiting for his demise at the blade of Amara's sword as she stood over him with her weapon poised at his chest, where his heart was.

An emotion flickered in her eyes at the mention of her late beloved and she momentarily hesitated.

But she shook her head, 'No, I will not let that happen again.' she thought to herself, before focusing again.

Alas, that moment of hesitation was all Zagreus needed to take advantage of and quickly summoned his sword back into his hand, making a fast swipe at her own sword to knock it away before he jumped up and attacked.

Amara quickly recovered from his surprise move and swiftly dodged the thrust of his sword and maneuvered around him so she now faced his back and immediately plunged her own sword into him.

Zagreus let out a strangled cry of shock and pain, looking down at his chest to see the point of Amara's bloody sword sticking straight out a few inches.
Amara gasped, not fully comprehending what had just happened. Again and again she was in this position, but she knew she would choose the Justice League--her family every single time. She knew she would pick Arthur over and over again. Was she bad for killing people from her past? Was she evil for just acting swiftly to promote bloodshed even if it was the right thing? Confusion filled her mind.

"I-." She staggered, looking at Zagreus' eyes becoming real wide and blood sputtered from his mouth.

"You- why?" He managed to say before falling to the ground.

Amara fell to her knees, then grasped the handle of her sword, which was still lodged in Zagreus' body. She pulled it out before dropping it and laid him on his back with her left hand holding his head as life slowly drained from his eyes and blood dripped from the corner of his mouth as Amara watched with pity.

"If I had to do it all over again to choose between you and family, I'd choose family. Every time. Your actions are what led you here for your own selfish reasons." then she finished with a quick prayer and said, "Requiescat in pace. (Rest in peace.)" and the light left his eyes before she closed them.

She sighed, and tried to keep her composure but failed. Tears streamed down her face, and she fell over, leaning against a tree.

Her chest rose up and down as she felt she was having a meltdown. She stood up and screamed at the top of her lungs. Did she have to live like this? Was she going to have to keep killing? She was over a hundred thousand years old but killing was still difficult, every single time. It never got easier. Death and pain was inevitable, especially when she was involved. She did live up to her name, Goddess if Chaos and Destruction.

She sighed, and tried to keep her composure but failed. Tears streamed down her face, and she fell over, leaning against a tree. Amara shed a few tears when she suddenly remembered her team, the Justice League, and ran over to them. She stumbled along the way before she found her friends, and her lover, whom had returned to his normal state, but none of them had woken up yet.

She ran to Arthur's side and pulled him into her arms and cradled his limp form.

"Arthur, it's over, wake up!" She assured softly, gently brushing his hair aside from his face. He looked so peaceful, like he was asleep, but fear gripped her heart as she waited and looked at the other Justice League members, still not showing any signs of waking up.

"What in hell?" She said to herself.

She walked to the members of the League. She began to do CPR to Bruce, who was lying down still. His body cold.

"Come on," She said, doing mouth to mouth on Bruce and then did the chest compressions. "Please wake up!"

After several tries of CPR, Bruce violently gasped for air and coughed.

The sun filtered through the clouds at that exact moment and shined on the motionless blue form of Kal El, who inhaled sharply as he absorbed the yellow sun's energy.

Amara crawled over to Diana, who laid on her back. She flipped her over and began to shake her. She pleaded for her to wake up. Bruce, who was still coughing, walked over to where Amara and Diana were. He reached for his belt and tried to find anything to wake Diana up. It seemed like there was no hope.

Clark managed to spot the familiar red clad speedster with his x-ray vision and alerted the others, gaining their attention as he pointed out the direction.

Clark got to his feet and staggered over to Flash, still not strong enough to fly yet, and made it to Barry's side. There was a big cut in the suit, right over his heart indicating that he had been impaled by a sword.

Though there was little to no blood, Barry hadn't shown any signs of waking up.

Clark looked at Amara who wore a face of defeat.
"Not to be mean or anything, but I don't think you had to stab him." Clark commented.

"You think I don't know that?" Amara responded with an attitude. She turned on her earpiece and asked for Alfred. "Alfred? You there?"

"Of course, sending aerial transport to your location. It should be there in about 2 minutes." Alfred informed, relief and anticipation present in his voice as he said this.

Amara sighed and sat on the ground, staring at Arthur who laid completely still.

"If he doesn't wake up I don't know what I'll do. I would lose it." She said to Clark and Bruce. queen

"When our ride gets here, we'll set up a room for them to rest once we get back to the Manor." Bruce announced as he prepared to move to pick up and carry Diana.

"Sounds good." Amara picked up Barry, and Clark picked up Victor. In about 2 minutes time, the jet from Alfred came. Alfred ran out of the jet and teared up at the sight of Bruce.

Amara placed Barry inside the jet and walked back to pick up Arthur.

Bruce carried Diana on board the jet and laid her on a cot before turning to Alfred, and they embraced each other in a hug, "I thought you were gone for a minute, Bruce."

"I will always be okay." Bruce replied.

"I am sorry. About all of this." Amara said, sitting down in the jet and pressing the button to close the giant door of the back.

Clark laid Victor on a cot and turned to Amara,

"Don't put the blame on yourself, Amara." Bruce went to the cockpit with Alfred to pilot the jet, "Its not like you intended for that to happen." Clark added as he watched her with a solemn expression.

"Thanks." Was all she could say. She sat down next to Arthur, running her fingers through his curls.

~

The Leaguers made it to Wayne Manor and parked it in the underground garage, dubbed as the Batcave, with hospital beds at ready as Amara, Clark, and Bruce brought the downed members to their designated beds.

"I need to make a call." Bruce said, leaving the Batcave to shower and change into more comfortable clothing.

"Okay, we'll stay here. In case they wake up." Amara replied, looking at Clark—who nodded in agreement.

Amara kept a change of clothes in the Batcave, so she went to the bathroom to get out of her armor and wore a stealth suit instead. She was always prepared for destruction and war. She washed her face and wiped the dried blood with a towel. She looked at herself in the mirror and tried her very best not to break it. Amara still couldn't believe she had killed Zagreus, though it was his actions that led to his downfall. And his surprise attack made her have a knee jerk reaction, and as much of an asshole the jerk was being, she didn't want to kill him. She never truly wanted to kill anyone.

With a shaky breath and a exhale to calm down, she carefully built a mask of calmness to hide what she was feeling and went back out to check on Arthur and Barry.

"Anything?" She asked Clark.

"Nothing. No pulse. No signs of anything." He replied, killing any hope Amara had built up.

Bruce walked back in with a grim look on his face, "Victor's father will be here in 20 minutes." He announced, which caused Amara to worry about the reaction she would see when he finds out she had been the one to kill his son.

"Crap." Amara said under her breath.

"Everything will be okay." Clark reassured Amara, and rubbed her back.

"I killed his son Clark, he is going to flip out."

"Yes, any parent would act that way if their child was killed," Bruce cut in, "But if we want to bring Victor back, we will need to fix it with Dr. Stone's help."

"I can't be here for that." She stated.

"We may need you. But we wouldn't and won't force you to be here if it wasn't necessary." Clark replied.

"Right." She replied, and they all sat down and waited for Mr. Stone to arrive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 434 7
๐ŸŒ•โ‹†.หš๐Ÿฉฐ๐“ฒ เน‹เฃญ เฃช ห– ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ž๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐š๐ญ๐œ๐ก ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ซ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ง ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ˆ ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ข๐ญ ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐'๏ฟฝ...
58.6K 1.4K 24
Aquaman had been living life as a co-habiter for many years and enjoyed living life under the radar because of his special abilities. After the death...
661K 16.8K 26
based on || justice league in which a metahuman meets an atlantean {#2 IN #DCEU || #2 IN AQUAMAN} disclaimer || i do not own the DCEU and it's cast...
70.3K 1.4K 17
Atlanna wasn't the only Atlantean who fell in love with a human. Vulko the kings Chief Counselor also fell in love with a human, a woman named Jane...