Speechless- B*BARNES

By roguelc25

"Does she talk?" "No. She's been mute since childhood." Gemini Destiny Braddock. A girl with a very unknown... More

Description and Cast
001. Home Sweet Home
002. Help Needed
003. First Night Back
004. Don't Worry
005. Gifts and Visits
006. Family Business
007. Sickness
008. Accidents
009. The Compound
010. Bets
011. Unnoticed Ghost
012. House Rules
013. Feeling Bad
014. Apologies
015. Tic-Tac and Disney Films
016. Welcome Home
017. Anxiety Sucks
018. Cameras and Pictures
019. Crazy Karaoke
020. More Disney and Tears
021. Insomnia
022. Little Get Away
023. The S.S. Stark
024. The D.R
025. Never Have I Ever
026. Wins
027. Welcome
029. Family and Planning
030. Struggling and Just Dance
IMPORTANT A/N
031. Coping and Confessions
032. Help, Plans and Threats
033. Friends and Date
034. Aftermath, Fears and Comfort
035. Return
036. Memory Lane Home Movies
037. Halloween
038. Mother Figure
039. The Kid
040. Spontaneous Trips
041. Game Night
042. Childhood
043. Over Working
044. Family Surprise
045. Christmas
046. New Years
047. Lazy Day
048. Camping Trip
049. Archery and Campfire Songs
050. San Fran and Secrets
051. Emptiness
052. Starting the Aftermath
053. Dark Day
054. Friendship
055. Promises
056. Back to Work
057. Children
058. News

028. Bar Night and Problems

6.1K 144 264
By roguelc25

-----♕-----

GEMINI GROANED LOUDLY as she closed the door to The Raven. The cold outside was enough to piss her and Dixon off severely. She removed her coat, adding it to the small rack when she entered the back of the bar. She noticed her older brother with a clipboard in his hand as he counted the stocks.

Theo climbed out of the cellar with a crate of whisky below a crate of gin shortly followed by Joe who was rolling his eyes in annoyance at probably something Theo had said. Gemini shook her head, catching the pairs attention.

"What happened?"

Joe rolled his eyes groaning. "Ask him, he's an idiot." Gemini shrugged before looking to Theo.

"I was talking about the army and how difficult it is to get in. I don't even know how I got in the army, I don't remember my own name half the time." Gemini snorted at the explanation.

Joe groaned again earning a laugh from Gemini when he head butted the wall. "Oh my fucking God, Theo. How do you forget your own name?" Theo shrugged before walking out to the bar. "Fuck me." 

Gemini shook her head as he looked up. "No thanks." He shot her a warning glare. She held her hands up. "Sorry. Where's Candy?" She moved on from the previous subject.

Joe shrugged. "I don't know to be honest. Hey, Nate." He caught the only Braddock son's attention. "Where's Candy?"

Nate snapped his fingers. "Nero's sick and Candy's abuelita's can't look after him cause she's away in Colombia, visiting their family or something like that." Gemini rolled her eyes in disgust.

"Just get a sitter or do what Joe does, let Becky stay upstairs. She watches films and eats her dinner before falling asleep on the couch. It's no excuse, it's gonna be rammed tonight and Taury's not in already: she's ill and then we know we can't trust Theo with certain alcohol after last time. She should do it at least a week in advance." She ended her rant. The two men knew how much the girl disliked Candy, Gemini didn't trust her, she always acted weird around the family and Gemini always saw her giving Taury sly glances from afar. Everyone who worked or visited The Raven knew 'You mess with Taury or Joe, you mess with Gemini too.' As it were the same with Theo and Nate.

Gemini brushed off the feeling of annoyance as she went to go help Theo put the bottles away.

Her phone buzzed in her pocket just as she handed another bottle to Theo. Turning on the screen, the text made her smile. 

'Everyone's coming to the bar tonight, Tony wants to see if we can win Quiz Night. - Buck x    Delivered: 5:45'

Gemini laughed slightly before quickly messaging back.

'See you soon. I'll explain why it's Quiz and not Karaoke when you get here. - Gem xx         Delivered: 5:45'

Turning the phone off, Gemini shoved it in her jean pocket as she finished readying the bar for the night of chaos that was Quiz Night. 

|/\|/\|/\|

Gemini sat with the Avengers as the quiz started. The only reason she was thankful for Quiz Night was because nobody bought drinks until the break, unless you're smart and bring a bigger group 'Cough, Tony, Cough.' Gemini thought to herself.

She leaned her head on Bucky's shoulder tiredly as Joe began explaining the categories and asking the questions.

First category was TV shows. Gemini immediately pushed the paper into the middle of the table before shrugging: knowing it wasn't her. Clint ended up picking up the paper, getting ready to write.

The questions varied of current to 90s shows:

1) Finish this 90s theme tune: 'Now this is a story all about how...'

2) Who does Negan 'Lucille' in the Walking Dead?

3) Name Daenerys' son's name

4) Who is the ginger boy in Rugrats?

5) Name two 'ship' names of characters in the 100.

*A/N: Readers also play along if you know x*

Gemini rolled her eyes at Clint's incapability to answer the questions before snatching the sheet. "How in the hell do you not know the theme tune to Prince of Bel Air? Disgraceful behaviour." She replied disgusted.

Second category was current songs. Gemini sighed before sitting up slightly writing down the answers to each question Joe asked.

1) Name the city that is also a Camilla Cabello song.

2) Name the album by 5sos that contains songs Youngblood, Ghost of You and Want You Back.

3) What is the album name of Travis Scott's album containing SICKO MODE?

4) Finish the lyric: 'Tell me how's it feel sitting up there...'

5) Who was the rapper that was shot dead in June of this year?

Bucky glanced down at Gemini's writing, shocked at how much she knew about the questions.

"I feel like others are at a disadvantage because you know the questions to the quiz." Sam pointed out but Gemini shrugged.

"Sucks to be them." She replied simply.

"You're evil." Gemini nodded, agreeing with Sam.

The third category began and Gemini began to get bored, pushing away the sheet of paper before tapping against the table boredly. She began to space out from the questions just before she felt a hand being placed on her arm.

She turned attention to Bucky. "Are you okay?" He asked concerned. She nodded. "You sure." She nodded again vigorously. Bucky pulled the young woman into a hug and she sighed hugging onto his arm that was wrapped around her chest. She sometimes glanced up to the man before he looked down and smirked, both enjoying each other's company, partially forgetting the others were even there.

|/\|/\|/\|

Gemini sat on her stool as she took another man's cash for their drink. Handing the man the change she sent a small smirk his way as he left to his seat. She glanced back to the Avengers table and laughed at Tony. He was holding the bottle of scotch that he'd taken from the bar whilst Gemini wasn't looking and posing with it as Natasha took picture after picture of drunk Tony. Gemini knew he would definitely regret that the next day when he remembered.

She nearly jumped out of her skin when Theo tapped her on the shoulder. She glared at him before he quickly apologised and she realised he looked very messy and unorganised. She knew something was wrong: even though Theo was a complete idiot to many, he was organised when it came to work.

"Are you okay?" She asked him. He nodded trying to quickly walk away. She quickly stepped in front of him. "Theo, you looked stressed." She pointed out concerned.

He shook his head. "I'm fine, trust me." But she didn't. She could tell something was wrong, it had been since he came home. She stopped him once again for walking away from her. "Jesus Christ Gemini, just stop. I'm fine."

She looked at him in shock and confusion. "Don't snap at me." She warned and he quickly looked away from her, unable to meet the younger woman's eye. "I'm just 'saying', if you're stressed, tell me. I'm here for you, no matter what, okay?" She explained.

He nodded before quickly walking into the back of the bar, away from eyeshot of anyone in the bustling area. Gemini sighed before turning back to the impatient customers wanting their drinks. Gemini sighed stress slowly setting into the back of her mind.

|/\|/\|/\|

Joe joined Gemini's side before nodding. Joe rang the bell signalling the Last Call. Many drunk yells of protest were heard around the bar causing the pair to roll their eyes at the anger. 

Gemini walked to Bucky who sat at a barstool to the right of the bar. "What can I get you Buck?" She asked making him smirk at her customer service smile. "Wanna beer?"

He shook his head. "No thanks, I'm okay. Can I just get a water?" She tilted her head in confusion. He looked down slightly in shame. "I don't trust myself enough with alcohol."

Gemini smiled a reassuring smile before placing her hand on his. "It's okay, Buck. One drink won't hurt. Hell, I'll drink one with you if you want." He smiled at her 'words' before nodding.

"Sure, okay. One beer please." She smiled before grabbing a bottle from one of the refrigerators and removing the cap, handing it to Bucky. "Thanks." 

"$3.50, please." Bucky handed her the money and smirked at her acting. She laughed slightly before pulling out her own beer and sitting on the stool on the other side. The pair were quiet, sipping from their beer every now and again. The silence wasn't awkward, it was just quiet.

Gemini looked around the bar whilst she sat there. She watched the many people slowly arise from their seats, some sober, others tipsy or flat out drunk. She found it very amusing to watch the drunk people tumble out or be carried out by their sober friends. It reminded her many times of her friends when they went out at nights in the previous years. Normally leading to Theo or Toni...or both being carried out by the others. The closest Gemini had ever been was tipsy...well, after her twenty-first birthday.

Soon it was only the employees and the Avengers left in The Raven. Gemini grabbed the broom from the side of the bar before beginning to sweeping the mess off the floor. Joe flipped the sign on the door, Nate was placing the chairs on the tables and Theo was restocking the refrigerators. 

Gemini turned at the sound of a crash. Her eyes caught the sight of Tony on the floor near the stage. She turned to the for explanation. She found Steve's unamused reaction quite funny. He seemed like a despairing father.

"He said he was a bird and wanted to fly from his nest. His nest was the stage." Steve explained monotone lacing his voice as Tony moaned on the floor in pain.

"I think I dislodged my shoulder again." He cried out making Gemini laugh.

"That's what you get for trying to fly Tony." Joe shot to him from the doorway to the back. Tony held up his middle finger to the man. Joe returned the action. Theo popped his head out from the back. 

"I'm going for a smoke, anyone want one?" He asked. Gemini glared at him, folding her arms across her chest. Theo rolled his eyes. "Don't look at me like that Gem, I don't do it excessively." She tilted her head to his response.

She raised her arms up. "Fine, you want lung cancer when you're older, continue. You leave Taury alone when you die, just watching over her from wherever you are." She pointed out. 

Theo scoffed. "You die, you're dead. There's nothing after." He shrugged beginning to turn around.

Gemini quickly pulled out her phone, typing rapidly before Theo could leave. "Are we gonna start this argument again?" She asked. He turned, a sour look on his head.

"You know I'm right. When you die, you dead, dead in a hole in the ground or ashes in an urn. People die and they just die, disappear. Nothing else. Believing and holding onto hope is bullshit. You're never gonna see the people you die after." Gemini was so quick in her movements, slamming Theo into a wall and slapping him. He fell to the ground, looking up to the woman.

"Fuck you, Theo." She said, tears brimming at her eyelids as she stormed away from everyone, leaving many shocked.

Nate watched his sister go up the stairs to his apartment before he turned back to Theo and repeating the same actions Gemini had just done. Theo remained on the floor, staring at Nate in shock. "You know what saying that can do to her, what state that sends her in. Why the fuck would you say that?" He asked, his anger slowly growing.

Theo shrugged. "She needs to accept it." He coughed out.

Nate sneered at the man who he saw as a brother. "She holds onto that so the guilt doesn't set in again. She needs to believe it to keep her going." Nate began to walk away. "If she does do it and it works, I'll kill you." He warned before walking away.

Joe sighed before helping Theo up. "I get you've seen some shit Theo, but so has Gem. We've both seen how bad it can get. Don't go saying shit to her that'll get in that state again, I don't think we can deal with it again."

Theo sighed and nodded before grabbing his coat. He nodded to Joe before walking out the exit, leaving everyone in The Raven stood there slowly understanding what had happened moments ago. They stood in silence whilst Gemini and Nate sat upstairs, Becky asleep in Nate's room as Gemini sobbed in Nate's arms, Dixon watching sadly at his owner's state.

-----♔-----

I hope you enjoy this chapter

I promise Theo isn't a dick

We'll find out why he's acting like this soon I promise

We will also find out what Nate and Joe meant (if you don't already know)

The next chapter will be out soon

Kayla Lou xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 2.6K 31
Soulmate AU. You are born with a soul companion of some sort, an animal. One of the rarest companions in the world is a tiger. Well, that's exactly t...
127K 4.3K 39
๐š ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ง๐š๐ญ๐š๐ฌ๐ก๐š ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ซ๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž. แด‡แด แด‡ส€แด‡๊œฑแด›...
10.9K 280 19
Astrid was just another girl. Or at least that's what she thought. When the aliens invaded New York, she felt something changing. But what really got...
18.7K 560 44
"If this kid lifts this hammer, I'm retiring" "Okay kid, we don't got all day you know!" "You happy now, Stark?" "Very Impressive niece, but the r...