Smosh Winter Games (Damien Ha...

By GoddessOfCrazy

You've been friends with Shayne Topp since birth, well not really but sometimes it feels like it. After movi... More

Chapter 2; Journey to Big Bear
Chapter 3; Shayne was right
Chapter 4; Evil Plan at Work
Chapter 5; Snow Blob of Victory
Chapter 6; What Happens In The Bean Bag Room
Chapter 7; Singular Brain Cell
Chapter 8; All My Broken Pieces (sad)
Chapter 9; Life's a Party, You're a Boy
Chapter 10; Kiss it Better
Chapter 11; Somewhere To Belong
Chapter 12; They love us
Chapter 13; Macaroni Tension

Chapter 1; Introductions

1.9K 28 11
By GoddessOfCrazy

Smosh Winter Games (Damien Haas x Reader)
Chapter 1; Introductions
Word Count; 3890

Y/N = Your Name
Y/M/N = Your Middle Name
Y/L/N = Your Last Name
Y/E/C = Your Eye Color
Y/H/C = Your Hair Color

((A/N  First off, yes, this story was inspired by @maybelle3 but I am going to be doing my own story line, team names, etc. I feel like that needed to be said before anyone jumped tp conclusions. Also, unlike other - x reader- fics I'm going to be using the pronouns I/Me/Mine instead of You/Your/Yours, just in case anyone gets confused. 1- I think it sounds better and 2- it's easier for my brain to write if I go with I/Me/Mine. I guess if enough people dislike it I can come back and change it...let me know!))

                                  ~Y/N's POV~

  "-and this is the hallway where the tour started," Shayne smiled. After getting to the building early enough to talk with Ian and sign the rest of the paper work Shayne had dragged me around the office, excited that I had been hired onto the Smosh Squad. I had been friends with Shayne for most of my life, our friendship being tested due to my family moving away when I was 14. It was nice to finally be able to spend time together in person instead of being restricted to Skype or FaceTime. Shayne was actually the one to convince me to move back to California and promised to help me get a job and find an apartment. Needless to say, he followed through on both of those promises and now I work at Smosh!

  Stepping closer I wrapped my arms around him, hugging him as tight as I could, "Thank you, again, for doing all of this for me. I owe you big time, big bro." Chuckling he patted the top of my head.

  "No problem, little sis," he smiled. Letting him go I stepped back and took another long look around the office. Ian, Shayne, and I were the only ones here so far besides a few editors and writers so it was quite peaceful.

  The silence was broken by first a door being flung open and then loud voices, "what do you mean? Licorice tastes like dirt!"

  "No, it is a classic movie snack!"

  "I can't even look at you right now."

  The two men bickered back in forth before rounding the corner into the hallway where Shayne and I stood. First was a tall man with black hair and glasses, a computer case slung over one shoulder. He was wearing a plain gray zip-up hoodie, some worn out jeans, and sneakers. Joven, I recognized him from watching Smosh Games all the time before my life began to revolve around auditions and memorizing scripts. He looked a lot younger in person. But, it was the man walking next to him who really caught my attention. His messy brown hair falling into his light brown almost hazel eyes and his five o'clock shadow made the shape of his jawline stand out. He was smiling as he and Joven rounded that corner, his nose crinkled in happiness that only proved to make my skip a beat. He was also wearing a sweater but, he paired the light colored sweater with black jeans and sneakers. He held a cup of what I assumed was coffee in one hand and a beanie in the other.

  "Hey, guys!" Shayne waved the men over, both only then seeming to notice us standing a few feet from them.

  "What's up?" Joven asked his eyes darting between Shayne and I, "bring your girlfriend to work?" he smiled making both Shayne and I quickly reply.

"Ew, no! We're not dating!"

"We're just friends!"

Our sudden answers seemed to have startled both Joven and the man standing next to him because their smiles were replaced with confused looks. Sighing I brought my hand up to rub at the back of my neck, feeling very awkward now.

"She's a new hire for the squad, we've been friends for a long time," Shayne explained.

Smiling Joven jutted his hand out to me, "I'm Josh but, everyone calls me Joven."

"Y/N" I smile back shaking his outstretched hand. Once letting go of his hand I looked to the man standing on Joven's right only to be met with his light brown eyes staring back at me. Smiling I looked down at my feet, I could feel my face blush from his attention. I saw Joven shove an elbow against his side seeming to break him from whatever he was daydreaming of.

"Uh, Damien. I'm Damien," awkwardly he tucked his beanie underneath his arm and offered me his hand. Looking back up at him I smiled, softly taking his hand. Once again his eyes were trained on me as if trying to study me and instead of shaking hands it felt more as if we were just holding hands in the middle of a hallway.

Clearing his throat, Damien dropped my hand. He smiled at me once more before continuing down the hallway and entering into the Smosh Games office.

"Don't mind him, he's a little shy at first," Joven said before following Damien down the hall and into the office. Turning to look at Shayne he had a weird smile on his face, the one he gets where he seems to know something that I don't.

Squinting up at him I frowned, "what's that smile for?" At my question Shayne just shook his head, his eyes landing on me once more.

"Oh, nothing. Lets go set up your desk, yeah?"

-------------------------time skip to a few hours later---------------------

"Alright, alright everyone! Settle down," Ian stood in the front of the large conference room, Matt and Sunny at his side, "I know it's lunch time but, I wanted to get everyone on the same page. First off, Y/N welcome to the Smosh family!" Applause and cheers followed his statement making me smile at the people around me. Sitting in between Courtney and Shayne both of them patted me on my shoulders, after a few more seconds the room was once again quiet.

This time it was Matt who spoke, "After a lot of talking and planning we have decided to go ahead and go through with Smosh Winter Games," this time the applause was louder, people loudly cheering and laughing. Smiling I watched as several of the Smosh Games members started to shove each other around taking about who was gonna win. Damien was in the middle of it, sitting in between Mari and Lasercorn, all three of them were teasing and making fun of each other. Laughing at them I shook my head at their antics...although it was nice to see Damien smile again.

"And," Matt yelled, gaining the attention of the room again, "since we have a newbie this year we only see it as fair if she is one of the team captains," he smiled and winked in my direction. I didn't know how to process this information. Me...a team captain. Well, my team better prepare to lose now.

Sunny took Matt's place, "but, we still need a caption for the other team so..." he held up a hat for everyone to see, "whoever's name is drawn is the other team caption." This time there was no applause, no cheering, only excited stares as everyone waited in suspense.

"I hope it's not me," Courtney whispered looking back at me, "I wanna be on a team with you." Smiling at her I nudged her with my elbow.

"If you're not chosen for team captain you'll be my first pick,"I whispered back and watched as she smiled widely back at me. She then scooted her chair closer to mine so she could quickly side hug me before turning our attention back to Sunny.

Dramatically, he stood up on a chair holding the hat up higher in the air, "so everyone knows Ian isn't cheating." Ian only looked up at Sunny and then the hat which was held too far above his head to reach.

"I'm not Mister Fantastic, you're gonna have to lower it," laughing at his Fantastic Four reference I shook my head as Sunny sighed before lowering the hat just above Ian's head. Finally, Ian stuck his hand into the hat filled with paper and swirled it around a few times before lifting a slip in the air. Staring at it for a few seconds he cleared his throat, opening the paper in a strange likeness to Effie Trinket.

"The captain of our second team this year for Smosh Winter Games is...Lasercorn!" Disappointed sighs followed the reading which were then overtaken by applause as Lasercorn stood from his seat and began bowing to everyone. Clapping I watched as Joven pulled him back down into his seat playfully before they started pushing at one another. I couldn't hear what they were saying until everyone else quieted down a bit.

  "That's why I'm not picking you!" Lasercorn laughed at Joven.

  "Who said I wanted to be on your team?" Joven questioned, shoving Lasercorn again.

  "Well, Y/N is just going to have to pick you because if I'm stuck with you on my team another year I'm gonna kill you for making us lose," both of the men were smiling and laughing as they continued their cat fight.

  "Sorry, I'd rather have Wes...and he's cursed," I replied and watched as Joven looked over at me, Lasercorn laughed and sent me a thumbs up. Surprised laughs followed my statement.

  "Watch out, newbies out for blood," Mari laughed poking at Joven as he fake pouted across the table from me.

Once again Ian began talking from the front of the room, breaking up any ongoing conversations, "I know this was sent out in an email but, we are filming up at Big Bear again. There is a snow storm supposed to hit sometime in the next few weeks so, the sooner we go and get filming over with, the better. Matt and Sonny will be driving a van, picking up the squad and Damien (Shayne and Damien live together) while Joe and myself will pick up the rest of games."

  I knew that I would be going straight into the games when I signed on but, hearing all of the details like this made it more real. It wasn't just a plan on paper anymore, I was actually apart of Smosh and I was going to be filming with them. It was so amazing. Hopefully I don't embarrass myself...hopefully the fans liked me! Oh my gosh, what if the fans don't like me? Would I be fired if they didn't? I don't have any experience with editing video or writing scripts. I would have to go back to trying to find auditions.

  I was pulled from my thoughts by Shayne quickly standing up next to me, everyone else was beginning to file out of the room. "Daydreaming?" he asked stretching his arms above his head, looking down at me, "you zoned out and missed the ending but, it really was more for the camera crew than us."

  "Yeah, just trying to imagine how the fans are going to react to a new Squad member," I shrugged.

  I heard Olivia scoff behind me, "are you kidding me, Y/N? They're going to love you! You're funny and really nice-"

  "-and really pretty," I turned to see who had interrupted Olivia only to see Damien standing next to Shayne, smiling at me.

  Smiling I stood up from my seat, "well, that settles it. I guess I'm the best Squad member now," I joked.

  "Yeah right," Shayne nudged me, "you still have to beat this," he flexed his arms and dramatically puffed out his chest.

  "Alright, Superman lets go get something to eat," Courtney laughed at him and led us out of the room.

  Shayne, Courtney, Olivia, Keith, and Noah all walked ahead of me talking about places to eat leaving me walking behind with Damien, "so, Shayne told me you two have been friends for a really long time. Got any good secrets?"

  Laughing I shook my head at him, turning my head to catch his eyes, "maybe," I shrugged.

Raising his eyebrows at me he smiled, "what's the price?"

"Hmm," I jokingly scratched my chin, "how about some lunch and a chance to get to know you?" He smiled at this and nodded.

"Deal."

---------------------time skip---------------------

  Damien and I had been out longer than we intended to, at first only expecting to be in the sandwich shop enough time to, well, finish our sandwiches. What was supposed to be thirty minutes quickly became two hours, our conversation only broken when Shayne had called me to see where I was. So, we were now walking back to the office side by side.

  "Then what?" he asked, seeming really interested in my story of when Shayne ended getting us both detention for a week.

  "Then we spent all week after school picking gum off tables, sweeping floors...really anything our janitor could think of to make us miserable," I shivered in disgust even thinking about cleaning the high school's urinals.

  Stepping closer to me Damien slung an arm around my shoulders, "cold?" My shiver of disgust must of been misinterpreted as a shiver from the cold wind but, his extra body warmth was a god send. Bringing my hands up I tucked them underneath my armpits and tried to shuffle closer to him while still leaving room for us to walk.

"How are you so warm?" I asked, only making him laugh as he brought his other hand around to start rubbing at my folded arms. The hand he had on my shoulder fell down to the middle of my back. We must look really awkward right now as we walked slowly down the sidewalk, Damien trying to transfer warmth back into me. A stronger burst of wind began to blow right towards us, making both of us shiver. Huffing in annoyance I uncrossed my arms and pulled myself closer to him, basically side hugging him, laying my head on his shoulder.

  The sight of the office building brought the relief of heaters but, I couldn't help the pang of disappointment that crossed my mind at letting go of Damien. Squeezing me tighter to him we made our way to the front doors. Once inside, away from the cold I let out a sigh before dropping my arms from around Damien and looking up at him. Already looking down at me he smiled. 

  "Thanks," I said gesturing outside, "ya know, for lunch and...the walk back. I had a really nice time."

  "Me too."

"Y/N, there you are! We thought you might have gotten lost!" Noah and Olivia came down the hallway, their eyes flickering between Damien and I which made me wonder how much of our little encounter they had seen.

  "I grew up in LA, guys. Plus I had Damien with me," I pointed at Damien standing next to me, still close enough for me to smell his cologne.

  Olivia smiled at me, "yeah, we see that now."

  "We want to film a small vlog before we head out to Big Bear tomorrow," Noah explained, gesturing for me to follow him.

  I moved to follow him but turned smiling at Damien, "see you around."

"Yeah," he nodded, "better go before they come back and drag you with them." Chuckling I just turned and headed down the hallway and into the Squad office.

  Shutting the door behind me I saw Courtney and Olivia were sat on a giant bean bag chair in the back corner of the room while Shayne lay splayed on the couch and Noah and Keith sat on the ground, leaning against said couch. Shayne held a camera in his hand above his face as he finished a sentence that I didn't hear the beginning to.

  "-that's why you never ask for extra sprinkles when you didn't order sprinkles in the first place," he said very seriously while pointing a finger at the camera. "Anyway, we have a huge announcement to make," he smiled and sat up. After a few moments of silence where Shayne moved to fit everyone in frame I stood against the door, not knowing if they wanted me on camera yet.

  Chuckling Noah threw his arm around Keith, "Keith is pregnant with my baby!" Laughing at him Keith just placed his hands on his stomach and nodded at the camera.

  "It's true," Keith began, "we can't hide it any longer...Noah and I are in love and are now starting a family." Courtney and Olivia couldn't hold in their laughter anymore and made everyone else break. I held a hand over my mouth, trying to stifle my laughter as I watched them all laugh at Keith and Noah.

  Olivia was the first one to regain the ability to speak without laughing and took the camera from Shayne, "but in all seriousness we do have an announcement...no one is pregnant, but it does involve another person joining us."

  "We have a new member of the Smosh Squad!" Courtney yelled and motioned me over to her. "Be nice, she's new. This is Y/N and she was hired on a week ago. She will be coming with us to film winter games!"

  "I'm so excited," I smiled at the camera, "I'm gonna lead my team to victory, we're not losing once." 

  "You say that now, you won't be talking such a big game when you get stuck with Joven," Keith laughed, raising his eyebrows at me.

  "Joven or no Joven, my team is bringing home a win," I winked at Keith, "be nice to me and you might be on my team." Smirking, I watched at they all chuckled at me.

  Shayne threw a pillow from the couch, hitting me square in the face, "does that mean I get to be on the other team?" he asked. Scoffing I threw the pillow back at him.

  "Yep, I'm choosing Damien...have fun with losing," I stuck my tongue out at him. Shayne paused at the mention of Damien, his eyes gaining a mischievous look in them. Standing up from the couch he pointed at me.

  "I know where he sleeps," he playfully squinted at me, "don't test me."

  Furrowing my eyebrows I watched Olivia flip the camera back over to me, "are you threatening to kill your own best friend to win a competition?"

"Who said anything about killing him? A stray horse could find its way into his room...his allergies would do the rest."

Noah shook his head at Shayne, "where are you going to get a horse and how would you get it into his room without waking him up?" Noah questioned from his place on the ground.

Shayne only smiled, "I have my ways." He then turned and left the office making all of us stare at the door he shut behind him.

  "I think someone needs to warn Damien he's living with a murderer," Courtney laughed.

  Looking over at her I shook my head, "no, I think someone needs to make sure Shayne doesn't know where to find a horse in such a small amount of time." Chuckling at my statement everyone went quiet for a few seconds.

  "Well, I think we're gonna go check to make sure Damien is still alive. See you at Winter Games!" Olivia stopped the recording and laughed, looking up at me.

  "What was that about?" she asked.

  "What?"

  "The whole, 'I'm choosing Damien' thing. Have you two bonded that well already?" she wiggled her eyebrows at me making me look away from her, my cheeks starting to flush.

  Shrugging I turned away from her fiddling with the leaf of my desk plant, "I don't know. He's really nice...I think I just said it because I knew it would get a reaction out of Shayne." I tried to explain, although I didn't even believe what had just come out of my mouth.

  "So, the canoodling you two were doing out in the lobby had nothing to do with that statement?" Noah asked making me turn back to face him, my face now positively glowing with heat.

  "First of all, it wasn't canoodling," I started putting extra emphasis on canoodling, "and secondly yes, it has nothing to do with why I want him on my team. He's funny." I crossed my arms looking down at Noah. He shook his head at me still smiling.

  "Wait...what? Canoodling? What happened out in the lobby?" Courtney suddenly asked jumping up from the bean bag chair.

  Olivia smiled at me, "oh you know, things we all do with people we're friends with. Y/N and Damien were just sharing a very friendly cuddle."

  "Olivia and I watched them walk in, she was with Damien. That's why she was gone so long for lunch," Noah added.

  Sighing I just walked around my desk and sat on my chair choosing to avoid the conversation in favor of checking my work email. Courtney wouldn't let the conversation die though and now Keith was also asking Noah and Olivia about what they saw.

  Courtney's squeal made me look up from my computer, "oh my gosh, you two would be so cute together!" She made her way over to me, pulling her desk chair with her so she could sit next to me.

  "I've known him for less than a day," I stated trying to stop my cheeks from flushing once more.

  "So? It could be love at first sight!" Keith added, walking over and standing behind Courtney.

  Sighing I looked up at him, "I don't believe in love at first sight." His eyes seemed to bulge out of his head at that.

"What?"

  "But," I started, his surprise amusing me, "I do believe in soul mates."

  "Aren't they basically the same thing?" Courtney asked, leaning her arms against the edge of my desk.

  Shaking my head I leaned back in my chair, "no. Believing in soulmates means that you believe that there is someone out there who was made to be with you. Your other half. Believing in love at first sight means that you believe that a simple glance at someone can tell you whether or not you love that person. I don't believe in the latter. I don't think that by simply looking at someone you can fall in love with them, love is about so much more than looks. Now, lust at first sight. That's real...and people are constantly mixing up love and lust."

  Everyone was quiet after that, taking a few moments to let what I said sink in.

"Well, that ruins the quote, 'I loved you from the moment I saw you." Olivia smirked. Courtney nodded and looked back at me.

  "I didn't expect such wise words to come from a talk about who you had a crush on," Noah sighed, sitting down on top of his desk.

  "Crush? Who said I had a crush on anyone?" I asked him and watched as he smiled.

  "The way you blushed earlier when we were talking about you two in the lobby."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 137 7
☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ "𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧', 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭, 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧', 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭" sho...
153K 1.6K 44
"What would happen if I was Shayne's girlfriend? No! Stop it Courtney. You two are friends and that is all. The girls are right. I just miss having s...
85K 1.5K 26
You decide to drop everything and move LA to pursue your dream of acting. When you get a job at Smosh, you find yourself falling for Shayne Topp, and...
28K 263 12
Smosh One-Shots! *Requests open* Message or comment any Smosh ships or x reader's (romantic or platonic) you want to see and I'll do my best to write...