She's Got It Bad

By CourtneyCupit

Paige is bad. She’s cold and she acts as though she’s heartless. Her step father has beaten all of the kindne... More

She's Got It Bad
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 9

3.5K 101 9
By CourtneyCupit

                                                     "Unexpected Territory"

            I woke up with the sun in my face. I groaned and tried to roll over to block it. I was already awake though. I took a deep breath and froze. I knew this scent but it wasn’t the scent of my bed. It smelled like cologne.

            I jerked up in the bed and looked around. I was in a boy’s room. I could tell that right away. The walls were blue and the floor was messy. Not dirty but messy. There were clothes thrown all around. I was in the middle of a huge bed surrounded by pillows.

            I threw the covers off of my body and looked down. I was still wearing my skinny jeans and shirt from last night but my shoes were off and my hair was loose. I slowly climbed out of the bed and made my way to the door.

I crept down the stairs quietly. I was almost to the bottom when I saw two boys standing at the bottom talking. I looked around again and instantly knew where I was. I cleared my throat and both boys turned to look at me. Their eyes widened in surprise.

“Paige,” Jonah said in amazement.

            “Hey,” I said with a slight wave.

            “What are you doing here,” he asked.

            “I’m not sure,” I said with a shrug.

            “What do you mean,” Alex said as he stepped forward.

            “The last thing I remember is falling asleep in Noah’s truck,” I explained as I walked the rest of the way down.

            “Oh! I thought you two had slept together,” Jonah said with a grin.

            “We didn’t,” I said giving him a pointed look. “Where is he anyway?”

            “He’s in the kitchen,” Alex told me quietly.

            Thanks,” I said as I walked that way.

            Their house was huge. It was a miracle that I didn’t get lost. I finally found the kitchen and made my way in. Noah was standing at the stove cooking something. What made me smile was that he was wearing frog pajamas.

            “Noah,” I called out.

            “Huh,” he said as he turned around. He pushed his glasses up and smiled at me.

            “What are you doing,” I asked as I walked over to him.

            “Making breakfast,” he said as he turned back to it.

            “What am I doing here,” I asked.

            “You fell asleep after I picked you up. I knew what apartment building you lived in but not what apartment number you lived in. I didn’t want to take you to your stepdad,” he said without looking at me.

            “It was a sweet gesture but I need to go home,” I said with fear creeping up on me. 

            “Why,” he asked as he plated the food.

            “My parents are probably worried,” I whispered.

            “I doubt it. At least sit down and eat,” he said gesturing towards a chair.

            “Sure,” I said with a small smile as I sat down.

            “So about last night…,” he started.

            “Don’t. I’ll pay you back and I won’t call you again,” I said as I lowered my head.

            “I’m not worried about the money. I’m worried about you,” he said gently as he touched my hand.

            “You don’t have to be worried about me. I screwed up. Again. Next time I won’t drag you into it.”

            “I want you to. I like taking care of you,” he said sheepishly as his face flamed.

            “Why,” I asked looking into his shining green eyes.

            “I like you. I like knowing that I can help you,” he said with a shrug.

            “Helping me will only drag you down,” I told him.

            “I don’t think so. I think that maybe I can bring you up,” he said smiling again.

            “Plenty have tried and plenty have failed,” I said with a sigh.

            “Should that stop me from trying,” he asked with a raised eyebrow.

            “Yes,” I said as I let my face harden. I saw surprise flicker in his eyes.

            “Why,” he asked.

            “Because I said so. I’m going home,” I said as I jumped up and ran out of the room.

            “Wait,” he said as he caught up to me. I had just opened the door and he slammed it back.

            “No,” I said looking away.

            “Yes. Please don’t leave,” he begged as he touched my face.

            “I have to go home,” I said.

            “No. Stay with me for a little while,” he begged.

            “I…,” I started.

            “Please,” he asked close to my face. I could feel his minty breath on my face.

            “Noah,” was all I said as I wrapped my arms around him and laid my head on his chest. I snuggled into his warmth.

            “Is this a yes,” he asked in a husky voice.

            “Yes,” I said smiling into his chest.

            “Good. Let’s go watch TV or something,” he said as he pulled back. He grabbed my hand and interlocked our fingers before pulling me away.

            “Do you not want me to go home for a reason,” I asked after we sat down.

            “There are two reasons,” he said simply.

            “What are they,” I pressed.

            “I don’t like your stepdad and I want to be with you,” he said blushing again.

            “I like being with you,” I told him honestly.

            “Good. I want to help,” he said with a determined look in his eyes.

            “No. I’m not taking money and I’m not moving in,” I said shaking my head.

            “Why,” he asked with a sigh.

            “I’m your friend. Nor your charity case.”

            “I never thought that,” he said with wide eyes.

            “Are you sure,” I asked.

            “Yes. I just want to help a girl I like out of a bad situation,” he said.

            “I can help myself,” I said stubbornly.

            “I know you can but I want to help. I need to help you,” he said as he turned to touch my face.

            “I still can’t take your money,” I told him as I ran a hand over my face.

            “Fine,” he said in a defeated voice. He looked sad.

            “I just need you to be there for me,” I said as I touched his leg.

            “I will be for as long as you want me to be,” he said smiling a little.

            “That’s enough help for me,” I said with a shrug.

            “I guess I’ll try to be happy with that,” he said as he turned The Lion King on.

            “I love this movie,” I said happily.

            “You would,” he said with a laugh.

            “What’s that supposed to mean,” I asked with narrowed eyes.

            “Nothing,” he said trying to look innocent.

            “Whatever,” I scoffed as I crossed my arms.

            “I just meant that you like acting like a child,” he said smiling at me.

            “Uh huh,” I said as I shifted. Then I laid down with my head in his lap.

            “What are you doing,” he asked with a gruff voice.

            “Just relaxing,” I said with a content sigh.

            “Oh,” he said as his body relaxed a little.

            “Does it make you uncomfortable,” I asked.

            “No,” he said quickly. “It just surprised me.”

            “Sure,” I said with a grin.

            “It doesn’t make me uncomfortable. I’m just still not exactly used to you touching me,” he said with a shrug.

            “You should get used to it. I like you and you won’t leave me alone. That means a lot of touching,” I said as I sat back up to look at his face. He looked tense.

            “Why,” he asked with curiosity in his eyes.

            “Because I like touching you,” I said as I came closer.

            “R-really,” he stammered as his eyes widened and his face went red.

            “Yeah,” I said leaning in. I gently laid my lips on his and felt him freeze. “Kiss me back.”

            “I can’t,” he said as he jumped up and started pacing.    

            “Why not,” I asked feeling a little hurt.

            “I’ve never really kissed anyone before. I don’t want you to not like it,” he said as he turned his back to me.

            “If it’s you then I know I’m gonna like it,” I said as I touched his back.

            “But I…,” he started as he turned around. I didn’t give him a chance to finish. I wrapped my arms around his neck and put my lips back on his. I rubbed mine back and forth over his until he started to kiss me back. I moaned a little at the back of my throat as I pushed myself against him.

            “Seemed pretty good to me,” I said as I pulled back.

            “Holy crap,” was all he said.

            “That to,” I said laughing.

            “I really liked that,” he said.

            “So did I but I really have to go.”

            “Why,” he said clutching me.

            “It’s time,” I said set in my decision.

            “Ok. I’ll give you a ride,” he said. He grabbed his keys and took my hand to take me outside. We climbed into his truck in silence.

            “I really want to thank you for everything,” I said with a smile.

            “You’re welcome,” he said smiling back at me.

            “You’re a good friend,” I said.

            “Is that all I am to you,” he asked quietly.

            “No but it’s all you should be to me,” I said back.

            “Why,” he asked. I heard the hurt in his voice.

            “I like you too much,” I said honestly.

            “That doesn’t make sense,” he said with a frown.

            “I don’t want to get really involved and then hurt both of us,” I told him.

            “Is it selfish that I want you to risk it,” he asked as he pulled into the parking lot.

            “No,” I said with a laugh.

            “Just think about it,” he said.

            “I will,” I promised as I hopped down.

            “See you later,” he said with a wave.

            “Bye,” I said as I ran inside. I made it all to my door before I stopped. I walked in and saw Dennis sitting in his chair. When he saw me he frowned and stood up. I braced myself for the pain.

            “Where were you,” he said as he got in my face. The stale beer and cigarette smell made me gag.

            “I stayed at a friend’s house,” I said quietly.

            “Liar,” he said as he slapped me to the floor.

            “I’m not lying,” I said as I spit out the blood.

            “Yes you are,” he said as his boot came down on my ribs. I felt the crunch. He broke at least one.

            “Dennis please,” I begged as I cried.

            “Shut up,” he said as he stepped on my arm. I felt excruciating pain and saw white. He was kicking me. I could feel him kicking me. Then he got on top of me and started punching me in the face. It was the worst one I ever had. I was crying and I think I felt myself screaming.

            “Dennis,” I heard someone yell. I think it may have been my mother.

            “Go away Carrie,” he bellowed confirming my thoughts. Then I felt a sharp pain in my skull. He stepped on my head. It was the last thing I remember before I blacked out.

Noah’s POV:

            I happy today. Really happy. I had just dropped Paige off and now I was sitting in my room watching TV. It was pretty boring now that she was gone. I was flipping through channels but there was nothing on. With a sigh I flopped back on the bed and closed my eyes with a content sigh.

            The image that popped into my head was Paige. She was laying in the same bed as I was now. Her hair was going everywhere and she was snoring lightly. It was just how I remembered her this morning when I got out of the bed. I was stunned with how beautiful she was.

            “Noah,” someone yelled. My door slammed open and I looked up at my brother.

            “What,” I exclaimed as I jumped up.

            “There’s someone who really needs to talk to you,” Alex said with worry on his face.

            “I’m coming,” I said as I jumped up and followed him. The boy waiting for me was one of Paige’s friend’s.

            “Come on,” he said with wide eyes

            “Who are you,” I asked.

            “My name is Austin and you need to come on,” he said grabbing me to pull me away.

            “Why,” I asked.

            “It’s Paige,” he said as we walked outside.

            “What about Paige,” I exclaimed as I felt worry wash over me. He stopped and turned to me with sorrow on his face.

            “She’s in the hospital. She’s almost dead,” he said as he started to cry.

******Read******

How was it? Kinda sad huh? I had to do it though. The next chapter will be better!

Vote, Comment, and Fan :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 3.8K 97
************ I opened my locker but realized something was wrong the minute I looked inside it. Something like paint splashed in my face and on my c...
425 18 37
He can be so nice, then so mean. He can care and protect, make you laugh, and at the same time play games with your head. And after he's done with th...
4.5K 179 112
***** Emma Pear definitely wasn't the most popular girl in her high school she was far from it most people would call her a nerd she got good grades...
294 48 22
When an innocent bet between siblings and friend turns into a battle to win. The bet you might ask? That is something one the select few know what it...