Chapter 11

"Ready to go Home"

Paige’s POV:

            “I’m not ready to go,” I whined.

            “You’ve been here four extra days. It’s time to go,” Noah said with a sigh.

            “Are you sure you got all of my stuff,” I asked.

            “Yes. We’ve already set up your room,” he said.

            “Where’s Austin,” I asked trying to stall.

            “I don’t know,” he said in a frustrated way. I knew I was getting on his nerves.

            “Help me up,” I said quietly. He walked over and grabbed my hands to pull me up. When I was up I slid my arms around his neck and put my lips on his.

            “What was that for,” he asked a little breathlessly after I pulled back.

            “It was just a thank you,” I said with a smile.

            “For what,” he asked as he wrapped his arms around me. He was still red in the face.

            “For all of this. For helping me,” I said quietly.

            “I like helping you,” he told me.

            “I know,” I said back. “Give me my crutches.”

            “Sure,” he said as he walked over and got them before handing them to me.

            “Thanks,” I said as I got situated with them.         

            “I’m gonna take this stuff to the car,” he said as he grabbed the last few bags.

            “Ok. I’ll be down in a minute,” I said as I watched him walk out.

            It had been almost two weeks since I woke up. I was finally going home. My new home. With Noah. Noah never left my side. He had been my rock. I has fallen for him even more since all of this happened.

            “You ready,” I heard. I saw Mrs. Taylor standing in the doorway watching me with a smile on her face.

            “Yeah,” I said as I ducked my head. I still felt ashamed around her.

            “Come on,” she said gently.

            “Thank you again for this,” I told her as we walked.

            “You don’t need to thank me. My son cares for you but even if he didn’t I would still want to help you.”

            “I just don’t want you to feel like I’m using you,” I told her.

            “I know that you would never use me,” she said.