The Rose

By aliciarenenell1993

(Rosalie Potter Rewritten Version) A/N- I do not own any of the Harry Potter series plot lines or the charact... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 83

Chapter 82

2.9K 68 3
By aliciarenenell1993

Rose stood in the Slytherin common room, well the newly remodeled common room. It has been three months since the war ended and just yesterday Rose read in the Daily prophet that Draco was getting married to Astoria Greengrass.

To say that she was shocked, was an understatement. She never would have thought that Draco would rush into marrying someone.

Rose didn't know what to do. She wanted to talk to him, but she knew it would be a bad idea.

+Three Years Later+

Three years went by and Rose and Hermione finished their last year at Hogwarts after the school was completed. Hermione landed a job in the Ministry of magic. She worked in the Department for Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. Harry and Ron became Aurors.

Rose got a job at Hogwarts as the Potions teacher.

"What is the potion that we use to kill Doxys?" Rose asked walking between the tables in her classroom. She was in her third period, the class was full of third years. Most of them were probably not listening to her teaching, but Rose knew that at least a few were listening.

"Doxycide," A girl in the back of the class answered. "Correct, Miss Lane. Now as far as my knowledge goes you will be studying  Doxys in Defence Against the Dark Arts," Rose said and some of the students nodded. The bell rang through the classroom. "No homework for today, I will see you all after the weekend, and remember if you are allowed to go to Hogsmeade hand your permission slips to the head of your houses," Rose said as the students started to leave.

Rose smiled and walked towards her desk. She picked up the Daily Prophet. On the front page was Draco and Astoria, but instead of a happy picture, it was one of the two with a tear in the middle. The headlines read :

Draco Malfoy files for a divorces. Why?

Rose looked at the headline in shock, she never suspected Draco's marriage to fail after three years. Suddenly an owl landed on Rose's desk.  It was from Hermione.
Rose, I know it has been a while since we saw one another, especially with you being a Professor and me working most days at the Ministry. So I was wondering if you would meet me at the Three Broomsticks tomorrow
Hermione

Rose smiled and took a piece of parchment as well as her quill and wrote that she would meet Hermione at the three broomsticks.

+Next Day+

Rose got dressed in her casual clothes before she made her way towards the three broomsticks.

Rose entered the three broomsticks and saw Hermione, along with Ginny sitting at a table. Rose smiled and approached them. "Hermione, Ginny," Rose greeted them while smiling. Hermione and Ginny stood up and greeted Rose with a hug. "How are you two?" Rose asked them as she sat down.

"I'm good. I actually invited you here to ask you if you wanted to be my Maid of Honour," Hermione said and Rose looked at him confused. She then spotted the ring on Hermione's finger. "Oh my goodness, Ron proposed," Rose smiled as she looked at the ring. SHe then looked towards Ginny and saw a ring on Ginny's finger as well.

"I'm gonna kill him for not telling me," Rose said as she took Ginny's hand and looked at the ring. "He wanted to tell you but he is so busy with Auror duties, he forgot," Ginny said and Rose nodded. "So when are the weddings?" Rose asked the two of them.

"Well mine is in two weeks," Hermione said and Rose looked at Hermione in shock. "Why am I only finding this out now?" Rose questioned Hermione. "Well I wanted to tell you in person. Over a letter didn't seem right," Hermione said and Rose nodded in understanding. "Mine is next year, right before school start," Ginny said and Rose nodded. "SO there is still awhile to go," Rose said and Ginny nodded smiling. The three of them sat talking about what has been going on with their lives.

+Two Weeks Later+

Rose stood behind Hermione dressed in her Bridesmaid dress. She and Ginny both had red dresses on. They wore gold jewellery.

Their hair style was tied over her left shoulder and it had a small curl in them. Hermione's dress was beautiful.

It was plain but beautiful. It was Hermione's style. Her hair was in an updo, with a few stands hanging at the side of her face. She had small white beads in her hair. Her make up was light. You could hardly see that she was wearing any.

"You look beautiful, Hermione," Rose said as she straighten the back of Hermione's dress. "Are you sure?" Hermione questioned as she looked at herself in the mirror. "Yes, we are sure," Ginny answered from the door way.  Ginny went to see if they three boys in the other room was ready. Ron's best man is obviously Harry, and the other grooms man is Neville.

"Are the boys ready?" Rose asked Ginny. "Yes they are. Ron is a little nervous, but Harry and Neville is keeping him calm. So Hermione, your mum and Dad are ready to see you. Can I let them in?" Ginny asked. About a year after the war Hermione tracked her parents down to north America where they were on vacation. Luckily she could get their memories of her back to them.

Hermione nodded. Ginny let Hermione's parents in and Hermione's mother gasped at hoe Hermione looked. "We'll leave you to talk. Remember we start in five minutes," Rose said and Hermione nodded. Rose and Ginny stepped into the hall. "I'll get the boys to the front of the church," Rose said to Ginny who nodded.

Rose then went to the boys' room where they were getting ready. "Come on you three lets go," Rose said entering the room. THe three boys were all sitting on the couch. "Come on, get off your asses and let's go," Rose ushered them. They rolled their eyes and stood up. Rose sighed as she looked at them. All three their ties were undone. "Fix yourselves up, right now or I will go and get Mrs Weasley," Rose threatened them and they instantly fixed themselves up.

"Now get to the front of the church," Rose said and then held the door open and the three walked out.
Rose and Ginny walked in first. Rose walked in with Neville and Ginny walked in with Harry. Hermione walked in next and Rose smiled when she saw Ron's reaction. He looked like he was about to cry.

Rose wished that she would meet someone who would look at her the same way as Ron is looking at Hermione. Rose smiled at her two friends.

The vows went quickly and then they all went to the reception. Everything was beautifully decorated. Rose sat on Hermione's side with Ginny next to her. Harry sat at Ron's side with Neville next to him.

Rose stood up and lightly tapped on her glass. Everyone fell silent as they looked towards Rose.
"Most of you know me as Rosalie Potter. I am Hermione's Maid of Honour and her best friend, other than Harry and Ron. Now over they years I have watched Hermione and Ron grow closer, there were times when they fought like a married couple. They wouldn't talk to one another for weeks, but I was not surprised when they started dating, and now they are married. To Ron and Hermione may you two live a long and happy life and have many children," Rose said smiling as she lifted her glass of champagne into the air and everyone followed cheering for Ron and Hermione.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.8K 2.4K 25
REWRITE HAS BEEN POSTED AND CAN BE FOUND UNDER THE NAME STRANGE MAGIC (REWRITE). One day while shopping in Diagon Alley, Harry discovers something t...
1.1M 44.6K 98
❝my papa always told me that you can't trust anybody, no matter what.❞ ❝why would he say that?❞ ❝his own love betrayed their best friends and the fam...
243K 5.6K 30
BOOK ONE. Olivia Potter didn't know the Wizarding world existed until her fourth year. She didn't know that she had a twin brother. She was left alon...
105K 1.9K 70
---------------------------- When the Wizarding World falls. Who will Rise? 'You put your faith in the wrong person.Don't you see Potter? I was born...