The Girl With A Demon Quirk |...

By whiteraven95

[Featured OC for BNHA fanfic. Not romance-oriented. Just an OC hanging out with the Dekusquad while having a... More

Prelude | Character description
01 | A new day
02 | Satan
03 | Icy Hot
04 | The hidden demon
05 | After the villain attack
06 | Gotten used to it
07 | Lucifer
08 | Because you're my friend
09 | You're you
10 | His scar
11 | The mind controller
12 | The son of the Number Two Hero
13 | The tournament begins
14 | Versus Bakugou
15 | Two peas in a pod
16 | His smile
17 | The tank and her mage
18 | Stain
19 | Aftermath
20 | Nothing could go wrong.
21 | Fear
22 | Puberty
AU: Star-crossed lovers
23 | I-Island
24 | Target
25 | Kidnapped
26 | Rescued
27 | A mother's determination
28 | Decision
29 | Pretend
31 | Striving to be stronger
32 | Bakugou Katsuki
33 | Hero Work-Studies
34 | Nightmares
35 | What needed to be done
36 | Banding together
37 | Haywire
38 | Ice
39 | Consequences Pt. 1
40 | Consequences Pt. 2
41 | Remedy for her tragedy
42 | U.A. School Festival
43 | Birthday
44 | Of romance and jealousy
45 | What is love?
46 | I want to be......
47 | New and old acquaintances
48 | Joint Training
49 | Dilemma
50 | Heroes Rising Pt. 1
51 | Heroes Rising Pt. 2
52 | Two Faces
Future AU oneshot | More than friends, less than lovers
53 | Vs Hayato
54 | The illusionist
55 | The boss
56 | Christmas
57 | New Year
58 | The Work-Study
Need your help!!
59 | His birthday

30 | Argument

3.5K 110 61
By whiteraven95

Eria

Training for the upcoming Provisional Hero License Exam began the day after we arrived to the dormitory. I sat cross-legged on the tall concrete cliff and inhaled sharply while listening to Plasma-sensei's voice.

"You've succeeded in activating your so-called hidden demon quirk for five minutes straight yesterday. Make it fifteen this time," said Plasma-sensei.

I forced the hidden demon quirk to activate. A gentle breeze lapped against my wings. With my eyes closed, I meditated while fighting against the bloodlust that threatened to pervade my mind.

At first, the meditation was torturing. Yesterday, I thought I was going to go crazy with the bloodlust corrupting my mind. But after rounds and rounds of endurance, the meditation today felt easy and calming. The bloodlust was no longer that overwhelming.

I inhaled and exhaled. Inhaled and exhaled. The surroundings were noisy and disturbing but I was calm.

"Fifteen minutes is over," said Plasma-sensei. "You can deactivate your quirk to save your energy for later."

I deactivated my quirk as instructed and a wave of fatigue washed over me. It was a great feat because at least I could still move. Yesterday, after ten times of using my hidden quirk, I could no longer move and Ochako had to float me back to my room.

Only five more times to go! Then I'll proceed to activate my quirk non-stop for the whole training until it ends! I can't wait to see how far I could go!

Plasma-sensei gave me a five-minutes rest so I looked around at my classmates, who were already perfecting their special moves. He said my hidden demon quirk was my special move so I needed to focus on it.

My eyes instinctively spotted the large chunks of ice and blazing flames on the far end of the training ground. Todoroki Shouto.

Watching him gave a slight bitter taste in my mouth. It was only a day or two since that 'eventful' day but I could feel that he was avoiding me. Yesterday, he never talked to me or looked at me for the whole day. Even during lunch and dinner, he hurriedly finished his food and left.

I glared at Todoroki, even though he looked as tiny as an ant. He was definitely not 'pretending' nothing happened because it seemed the 'intimate moment' had affected him. I really did not want some stupid hormone-induced 'intimate' moment to affect my friendship with him.

I told Ochako about it (minus the 'intimate' moment) and she devised a simple plan to let me and him have some alone time so I could talk to him.

"Todoroki, could you wait for Eria? She went to the bathroom. We'll head to the workshop first!" Before Todoroki could reply, Ochako dragged Midoriya and Iida along with her.

I came out from a corner a minute later, pretending I had just finished my business in the toilet. "Let's go then," I said.

Todoroki hummed "Hmm," and said nothing else. Even though we walked side by side, the tiny distance between us felt cold and distant. I did not know what to talk about, but his cold aloof personality irked me.

"What's wrong?" I stopped walking and asked him, holding back my anger. "Why are you avoiding me?"

Todoroki looked away. "I did not."

"That was the first sentence you've spoke to me in days."

He remained silent. It irked me even more.

"Was it because of what happened in your room? I thought we agreed to pretend nothing happened," I said.

Todoroki clicked his tongue with displeasure. "Easy for you to say."

What does that mean?!

Without waiting for my reply, Todoroki walked ahead. "We shouldn't let Midoriya and the others wait."

I stormed up at him and halted him. "What the hell does that mean?"

Todoroki glared at me. "It's easy for you to pretend, since you don't care. It's not you who's acting weird. At least I want to know what's wrong with me."

"And you're angry at me because it's my fault that I'm causing you to act weird?"

"Yes. You can't just pretend that didn't happen. It did happen. At least you should help me figure out what's wrong, since you're partly to be blamed."

"You told me you're fine with pretending!" I nearly shouted. "I don't want this stupid thing to ruin our friendship so I suggested pretending!"

"Well, pretending didn't work for me," he retorted coldly.

"Just shove it into a tiny corner of your mind and let it rot into oblivion, like what I did."

He scoffed. "It's easy for you since it's not your problem. But not for me. Because of you... I can't stop—"

A large explosion occurred right before our eyes and blew the doors of the workshop away. Black smoke filled the whole corridor. I thought it was a villain attack until I saw three battered figures lying on the ground.

"Midoriya! Ochako! Iida!"

"MY BABY! IT EXPLODED!" A girl screamed frantically as she knelt down on the ground, gathering pieces of junk metal.

"Hatsume! How many times have I told you to stop creating exploding gadgets!" a man's voice chided angrily.

I looked at my friends, who were burnt to crisps. "Run..." Iida feebly muttered. "Before she catches you......" He pointed at Hatsume before he passed out.

After making sure my friends were still breathing, I turned back to Todoroki. "You can't stop what?"

Todoroki shot me a sideways glance. "Never mind."

"Couldn't you at least explain to me till I understand—"

But Todoroki had left me behind and entered the workshop to get an upgrade for his hero costume.

Son of a bitc—I fantasised strangling him till he submits.

***

For the next few days, Todoroki and I were still upset with each other that we barely spoke unless it was necessary. Even though the argument was just plain stupid and unnecessary, none of us were taking the initiative to mend our broken bond.

Maybe I should let this friendship stay broken. It's fragile anyway. I stabbed my fork at my food angrily, imagining the piece of chicken was Todoroki. Stupid Todoroki. It's not my fault you're maybe attracted to me. I suggested pretending just so it could be easier on us. But no... you think avoiding me is the only solution to this.

I stabbed at my food again, making Kirishima worried of my condition. "Oi, that chicken is already dead. I don't think it's alive anymore so you can just eat it..." He gulped.

"I'm pretty sure I saw it move just now," I replied.

Bakugou ate his food quietly as he stared. "I'm pretty sure that's not the problem."

I shot a glare at him.

"Having some Icy Hot problems?"

I clenched onto my fork until the metal twisted. "None of your business."

Bakugou scoffed and resumed eating his food.

"Say, we have the whole afternoon to ourselves, right? No training and stuff. Let's go somewhere, Bakugou!" Kirishima suggested.

"Why the hell should I go with you?!" Bakugou shouted.

"We should go to a maid café," Sero said.

"No fucking way!"

"But maids are cute~"

"Kaminari, you know some good spots, right?" Kirishima nudged the blond beside him.

"Sorry guys, I got a date." Kaminari smirked.

"EHHH?!"

"I'm going to a mixer, with all those pretty girls~"

I tuned out their conversation and finished my food. When Todoroki finally left Midoriya's table, I went back to my friends. Since he was avoiding me, I should do the same, I thought childishly.

"So, we're going for a movie, right?" I asked Ochako. "Five of us?" I glared at Todoroki, who was putting his tray away.

"No, just the four of us. Todoroki had something to do," she answered.

I clicked my tongue.

"Don't get mad. He's not avoiding you on purpose, I think. You two should really solve this big problem between you. If you told me the actual cause of your argument, I can help." Ochako looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Then what kind of business does he have that he has to skip the first outing Dekusquad has?"

"He said Kaminari invited him to a mixer," Midoriya replied instead. "It sounded fun."

"Todoroki said there's zaru soba so he's going," Iida added.

Kaminari?! Mixer?! Huh?!

Todoroki rarely lied so I assumed Kaminari somehow roped him into joining a mixer, which I believed it was the temptation of zaru soba.

Does that idiot know what a mixer is?! With his looks and purity, he's going to be prey. Should I help him? Or should I just let him suffer?

I looked at Todoroki. Kaminari placed his arm on Todoroki's shoulder, acting friendly and all.

"I should let him suffer," I muttered.

Ochako tapped my shoulder. "I worry about your humanity."

"I'm a demon. I don't have humanity."

"A cinnamon roll like Todoroki is not safe in a mixer filled with hungry high school girls, especially after what he did during the Sports Festival."

Midoriya and Iida looked at each other. "What's a cinnamon roll? Isn't it a bun?" the latter whispered while Midoriya shrugged.

Ochako whispered in my ears. "You wouldn't want your crush to be swooped away by some beautiful princess, right?"

"Why does that sound weird?" I retorted. She snickered.

I glared at Todoroki's unsuspecting back. Even though I was mad at him, deep down I still wanted to reconcile with him. I walked towards Kaminari and dragged him away from Todoroki. "Let me join your mixer."

Kaminari's eyes widened in surprise. "You? What gives?"

"Because I had nothing to do and it seems fun," I lied smoothly.

He raised an eyebrow incredulously.

"And besides, you roped my best friend into this. I believe you're just using him as a bait to fish pretty girls."

He gasped in horror. "How dare you to think of me as such!"

I gave him a cold stare.

Kaminari faltered. "Ok fine. Maybe I am using him a little. But why are you so interested in this anyway?"

"He's a pure cinnamon roll who I must protect at all times because he is my best friend. And I can also help you get some girls by persuading them you're a wonderful person."

Kaminari tapped his chin as he pondered on my suggestion. It did not take long for him to agree. "Ok, you're in."

***

Clad in a white blouse and a knee-length pleated skirt, I met Kaminari and Todoroki at the dormitory's entrance. Kaminari cooed me for looking beautiful while Todoroki barely looked at me. I clicked my tongue with displeasure.

Along the way, Kaminari and I shared some talk. Although he was a huge pervert, frankly he was an easy person to talk with. We shared our passion for anime, manga and even fashion. Todoroki did not speak during the whole journey as he looked at the view outside of the train.

The location of the mixer was an affordable and delicious buffet restaurant with a myriad of food, ranging from local to European cuisine. By the time we arrived, there were three girls and a boy sitting by a reserved table. The girls started to whisper among themselves when they saw Todoroki, while the boy was calmly scrolling his phone.

It seemed Kaminari had known the girls before on previous dates. They were from the same school nearby. The other boy was a friend they dragged along, who seemed to be uninterested in meeting new friends.

"Todoroki, we saw you in TV during the Sports Festival! You're so cool!" said a girl with short black hair.

Her friend nodded. "You should have won First Place instead of that scary pineapple!"

I choked on my juice. Did she just say Bakugou's a scary pineapple? Oh my god I'm so going to laugh at him for this.

"Here." The boy that sat across me passed me a napkin. A bright smile spread across his face. "My name's Hayato."

"Eria. Takasaki Eria." I shook his extended hand. He smiled even brightly. My heart skipped a beat upon seeing his bright smile.

Hmm... this guy is kinda handsome too. Well, maybe not as handsome as Todoroki. If only Todoroki has this smile...

"So, you're from U.A. too, right? Are you training to be a hero?" Hayato asked.

"Yeah. It's quite hard but I'm doing my best," I replied.

"I'm from a tiny school just like my friends here. My quirk's not suitable to be a hero so I decided to go to a normal school instead."

"What is your quirk?"

A gentle, feminine voice drew my attention. I glanced sideways at the prettiest girl among the three. She had long silky black hair and her eyes that gleamed like a starlit dark sky. Her facial features were a mixture of Japanese and Western, and she looked like a flawless doll. If I were to compare her with Yaomomo, the girl would triumph easily.

"Remember me, Todoroki? We were in the same class together during middle school," said the girl in a soft voice. Even her voice sounded like melody to my ears.

How am I supposed to compete with someone like that?

Todoroki stared at the girl for a few seconds without saying anything.

Oh my god he doesn't remember his ex-classmates. What a dork.

"Hmm... yeah I do remember," Todoroki replied hesitantly. "You're......"

You liar. You can't even remember her name too, can't you?

"I am Sakamoto Miori," the girl replied with a smile.

"Ah, yes." Todoroki nodded.

This dork. I turned back to Hayato. "Sorry, you were saying?"

Hayato scratched his neck nervously. "My quirk helps me to move fast, you know, like Flash from DC Comics? I could move around so fast you won't see me coming."

"That sounds handy," I commented.

He chuckled. "I can't compete in any sports events because apparently it's considered cheating."

I stifled a laugh. "Well then, I probably can't compete in a lot of sports because super strength and speed are considered cheating too."

We laughed. I felt my heart at ease talking to Hayato, not like some candy cane I knew.

"You used to be so cool in middle school. You barely talked to us," said the girl with short black hair who was called Rina.

"Even so, you did receive a lot of chocolates during Valentine's!" said her friend, named Saki. "Because you were so handsome and cool, all the girls in the school fawned over you."

"Well... I had some problems in the past. Now I'm trying to be a more social person," Todoroki replied honestly. "I met some good friends." He glanced at me. "Like Takasaki."

I choked upon hearing my name mentioned. Instantly, I felt piercing cold glares directed at me. Did the dork purposely drag me along with him?!

"Todoroki's always this popular, huh?" said Hayato out of the blue. "I was never in the same class with him, so he probably doesn't know me. But he's so popular, everyone knows him. People always like handsome guys, huh?"

"Do all the girls in your middle school that obsessed with him?" I asked.

"I guess so. Because he's so mysterious, it makes the girls want him even more."

I sighed. Since I was the first female friend he ever made for years, it was no surprise that the girls' murderous intent was directed at me.

"I'm gonna get some food." I rose from my seat in an attempt to protect myself from the girls. I tried my best to stop looking at Todoroki and focus on the food before me. A myriad of scrumptious food rested on extravagant plates, waiting for the patrons to choose. As I wondered what should I eat, Hayato appeared beside me before I could notice.

"What's your favourite?" he asked.

"Basically everything," I replied as I took a few pieces of meat.

He chuckled. "That's quite unexpected."

I smiled and continued to put different kinds of food on my plate. Todoroki and his companions caught my attention as they took food on the other side of the buffet line. The girls swarmed Todoroki like a bunch of pestering flies, which I found amusing. I stifled a chuckle.

Suddenly, Todoroki approached me and passed me a piece of chocolate pudding. I looked at him, confused that he took the initiative to reconcile with me.

"Your favourite," Todoroki muttered silently as he did not look at me in the eye.

I blinked and was unsure of how should I react. "Err thanks."

"Todoroki, can't you get some chocolate pudding for us as well?" the girls asked with their coy smiles stretched on their faces.

Todoroki stared at them. "You're closer to it. Why don't you take it yourself?"

The girls' faces were blanched and their jaws plummeted. They did not expect such a savage comeback from Todoroki. Their reactions almost made me laugh.

Todoroki never fails to amuse me with his savagery.

"Hi, I'm Hayato." Hayato extended a hand to Todoroki. "We used to be in the same middle school before, but you probably don't know me."

Todoroki hesitated, but still shook Hayato's hand. "Todoroki Shouto. How did you come here?"

"By the train."

"No, I meant, how did you stand beside Takasaki when you were just sitting by the table a second ago?"

I raised my eyebrow at Todoroki's weird question. However, Hayato replied with a smile. "My quirk lets me move fast. You know, like Flash?"

Todoroki looked at him, confused.

"Like Iida, without engines on his legs," I added.

Todoroki nodded a little but his mouth was scrunched into a scowl. It seemed he did not like Hayato for unknown reasons. I could tell Todoroki's glare that burnt into Hayato was making him feel uncomfortable.

I dragged Todoroki away. "What's wrong with you?"

"I don't like that guy," he replied coldly.

"But you've just met him."

"I just don't like him." He casted his gaze away.

I raised an eyebrow and said the most probable reason I could think of. "You're jealous."

Eyes spanned wide, he parted his lips in surprise. "I am not. Why would I be?"

"Because you don't like me spending time with people other than you."

"That's a......very bold accusation." Todoroki clicked his tongue. "I'm not jealous," he repeated firmly.

I shrugged. "Well, at least jealousy is making you talk to me again. It's a good thing."

"First of all, I'm not jealous. Secondly, you didn't talk to me either."

"Are we going to argue again?" I said, glaring at him.

Todoroki's eyes fused to mine. "No, I don't want to argue with you anymore. It's not fun."

"What about... your weird feelings?" I stuttered.

"It'll go away soon, I think. And it's not your fault so I'm sorry I tried to pin the blame on you. I'll figure it out on my own."

That sounded like déjà vu—it was what I told myself. 'It will go away soon'. As if.

I sighed. "I'm sorry too, for trying to pretend nothing happened."

"So, we can resume being friends again?" Todoroki asked sheepishly.

"Sure."

"Then can I ask you a favour, as a friend?" Todoroki casted a sideways glance at the girls, who had been eying us for some time. "The girls are persistent. Can you help me?" He bit his lip as he paused for a while. "......please?" he asked bashfully, like a tsundere maiden.

Looking at the pink dust on his face, I thought I had a heart attack. He's so cute I can't refuse him!

"Fine," I agreed, even though I had no idea how to get rid of them. "Should we just bail? We can get very nice zaru soba down the street."

A smile stretched across his face and his eyes gleamed with joy. "I like zaru soba. Let's just go." He paused. "What about Kaminari?"

I glanced at the blond, who had joined the girls and chattered away. "He'll be fine. Let's go."

We snuck out of the restaurant before anyone noticed and head to the zaru soba shop down the street. I was overjoyed that Todoroki and I were best buddies again and we had put aside the weird 'intimate' moment from before. Seeing that precious, gentle smile on Todoroki's face, I knew his friendship was more important than my stupid crush. I just hoped to be good friends with him for a very long time.

Little did I know that something big was going to happen, and it would change my life forever.

***
The ending for this chapter was sloppy so I'm sorry for my lack of imagination lately. :( Hope you will still enjoy this chapter.

If you wonder how Miori and Hayato look like, here's some examples.

Hayato is handsome like Todo but with a brighter, joyful and outgoing personality.

Miori: quiet, smart, biracial, beautiful, but bold to chase her dreams (in this case, a certain person?!)

They may or may not play important roles in the future so no spoilers here!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

854K 39.8K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
322K 10.3K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
307K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
1.7M 56.4K 70
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...