False Starts || Dave Grohl

Por StrangeWithTheStars

CURRENTLY UNDERGOING MAJOR EDITING AND REFORMATTING BEFORE RETURNING "This Was No Ordinary Life." --- In whic... Más

FALSE STARTS
Prologue
Dedication
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
[PART II]
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
[Part III]
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Taylor Hawkins
IM ALIVE AND IM BACK

Chapter 38

879 34 36
Por StrangeWithTheStars

"A Simple Man And His Blushing Bride"

Honolulu, Hawaii

February 24, 1992

"You have got to be kidding me right now!" Shelli, my usually calm and collected best friend, had become especially heated at the newly gathered information about Kurt and Courtney having a spontaneous wedding today.

I on the other hand, have a pounding headache and can hardly focus on the words the girl is screaming. The last twenty-four hours have been especially brutal, making me wonder if the world is once again out to get me.

"Krist back me up! He's our best friend!" Shelli's voice cracks, the woman obviously on the verge of tears. "It's complete bullshit that she can just up and tell me I'm not invited to their wedding. Same with Rosemary!"

I shrug, "We all know why I was barred from todays events." My hands go up in a surrender, hoping to back away from the topic of why I'm not invited to the wedding this afternoon. "Courtney doesn't want my problematic ass there. If she had it her way, she'd be the only woman around this band at all times."

"Okay," Shelli groans, brushing her long hair away from her face. "But Rosemary we're his friends. Kurt should have stood up for us!"

Krist wraps an arm around his wife's shoulders, hoping the physical contact would calm her down a bit. "Shell, Courtney has Kurt wrapped around her finger. What she says, goes, especially now that she's carrying his baby."

"It's just not fair, okay? I've known Kurt throughout the entirety of my adult life." Her tears had finally begun to fall. Knees buckling underneath her as Krist did his best to hold her up. "He's my baby brother even if we aren't related by blood and I just want what's best for him. I want him to be happy and healthy and ever since he met Courtney, he's been going in this intense downward spiral that I only see one ending to."

With those words, I took the opportunity to step up and comfort my best friend. Wrapping my arms over Krists' as she tucks her face into my shoulder. "Shelli... we all know how much you and Krist care about Kurt. You two are the only one's really left from his life in Aberdeen... In the end though, I think it's a good thing that you and I weren't invited and Krist boycotted the event. We'd just get angry."

"What about Dave though?" The mentioning of my fiancée's name sent a chill down my spine; the weight of the rock on my finger becoming noticeable. I hadn't seen him since this morning when he had announced that Kurt begged him to come to the wedding over breakfast, panicked because Krist said he wasn't coming.

He wasn't going because he supported the duo's relationship, because that is anything but the truth, but Dave is a genuinely good person. He's not going to leave Kurt hanging just because he wants to prove a point. "Dave is able to mask his feelings better than we can. He and I talked about I this morning and he's just doing it as a favor to Kurt."

"He should've just declined altogether so the four of us could do something together," She sighs, leaning back up against Krist as I pull away from the hug. "I just don't have a good feeling about this Rose. I feel like it's just another piece to this disaster of a puzzle being created."

She isn't the only one that feels this way. The look on Krists' face tells me that he is also worried about his best friend's well-being, but I knew nothing would be said about the topic. "I think Kurt will be fine. The baby is due in September, and he's already agreed to go to rehab once we're back on the mainland."

Even I didn't believe what I was saying, but the claim seemed to help Shelli calm down a bit. She truly is the mother of the group, watching over the boys and I like a hawk would its babies in order to keep them from falling out of the nest. She wants what's best for us in the long run, and while all of us are glad that Kurt is happy with Courtney, we know she's only going to rip us apart as time goes on.

My head starts throbbing again, making me wince in pain. "I'm going to head outside for some fresh air. I think I'm still recovering from my hangover."

"Take some water with you!" Shelli screams back as I reach for the door handle, making my head hurt even more. "Shit sorry for screaming..."

Without so much as a glance behind me, I pull the door open and leave the couple to discuss whatever else they need to on the topic of Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love alone. I understand why I was not invited to the wedding, but those two? They're practically harmless, as long as you consider Shelli's multitude of plots to off Courtney harmless...

The hallways of the extravagant 5-star hotel make me feel insignificant as I travel through them in only my pajamas; a pair of rolled up soffe shorts I'd forgotten to change out of paired with one of Dave's baggy t-shirts. It is no wonder why young businessmen decked out in their suits were giving me disappointing glances as they pass by.

My mind is elsewhere though, more worried about other topics than the fact that I'm wandering through a nice ass hotel without a bra on.

As I exit through the front double doors, I can't help but sigh in relief due to the warm weather and clean fresh air. In the four days we've been here, Dave and I have fallen in love with the state, claiming that we will be returning as soon as possible for a solo vacation.

"Do you need help miss?" A nearby taxi driver shouts as I cross my arms over my chest, obviously thinking I am a one-night stand gone wrong.

I politely smile though, shaking my head as I continue to make my way to the nearby bench that overlooks the ocean. As my blue eyes lock on the similarly colored water, I can't help but let my thoughts return to the young couple getting married at this very moment. The sun is beginning to set, creating a romantic setting that most weddings never receive.

A gust of wind blows by, pushing my hair in front of my eyes as I lean back against the aged wood.

Kurt is my friend, and I want him to be happy, but something within me in crying at the very thought of him marrying the wicked witch of the north. I know Courtney loves him, it became apparent to me back in the hotel bathroom in New York City that she does, but the woman doesn't challenge him to be better. Rather, works to 'outdo' him in both his art and addictive tendencies.

We all know they're toxic for one another. Hell, I'm even starting to believe that they themselves know their relationship is toxic, but they've fallen so hard for each other that there's no turning back now. Especially with little bean on the way.

I drop my gaze from the bright salty water to my hands that are sitting palms up in my lap, frowning at the memory of our last night in Australia.

"I'll be right back!" I drunkenly shout back to Dave as I stumble towards our tour bus. It is my last night on this tour, having decided to head back to our Seattle apartment early in order to finish decorating; Shelli deciding to join me last minute after the word got out that Courtney is meeting Kurt in Osaka.

I pull the bus door open, trying my best not to trip over on the four small steps before coming to a stop as the door slams shut behind me. Kurt, our sweet sober Kurt, was lying on the floor high as a kite with a bottle of prescription drugs sitting out next to him. "What the actual fuck?"

"Ah," Kurt groans, opening his eyes to glance up at me. "Hi Blossom."

I snatch the bottle up, frowning at the narcotic before tossing them in the trash. "You fucking promised me Cobain!"

"But I had to celebrate babe," He slowly pushing himself up to a sitting position, "You've suddenly gotten engaged and I'm about to get hitched! Celebrations are in order."

My heart falls at the mention of marriage, "You and Courtney are getting married?"

"Yep! At the end of the tour in Hawaii." He was so beyond gone, eyes roaming the room as his body shakes slightly. "I wish it was you though."

Every inch of my body runs cold at his declaration, "What?"

"I wish it was you that I'm marrying rather than Court." His boyish grin makes my stomach flip, "You're probably a batter lay. Dave always boasts about how good you are in bed."

I feel my cheeks starting to burn with embarrassment. I didn't know Dave talked about our sex life so freely with his bandmates, but then again Shelli and I talk about him and Krist all the time... "I'm really nothing special Kurt. You need to get to bed though. Krist and Shelli will kill you if they find you like this."

"But I don't wanna!" He cries out like a child would, sobering me up immediately. My arms wrap under the pouting man's arms, using my body weight to help me hoist his dead weight off the floor. "Rosie just let me go. I'm not scared to die."

If I wasn't holding him up, I swear I would've thrown up right then and there. "W-what? Kurt don't say shit like that."

"It's the truth though," He mumbles as I begin dragging him back to his bunk, "I don't want to do this shit anymore. I'm not some puppet for them to display. I'd rather be dead than famous."

I halt my movements, slamming his back up against the nearby bunks so I could look him in the eye. "I swear if you keep saying you want to die Cobain, I'll give you a reason to want to die. So help me god, I can't mentally deal with any more death. You are important to me, hear that? I can't take much more of this shit from you. You're worrying me to the point that I probably have gray hair appearing, and I'm only twenty!"

His blue eyes were cloudy as I stare into them, a look of wonder on his face as he reaches forward to cup my face in his hand. "It should've been you Rosemary."

"Maybe in another life it was, or will be, me Kurt..." I rest my face up against his calloused hand, just wanting to enjoy the serene moment between the two of us while it lasts.

A shoulder bumps mine playfully, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Hey gorgeous."

"Hi handsome," I smile, dropping my head on the long-long haired man's shoulder. "How was it?"

"Absolutely ridiculous," He sighs, hand moving up to lightly brush through my hair. "Kurt was high as a kite and in his pajamas. I thought Courtney was going to kill him."

I do my best to keep my laughter at bay, "That's such a Kurt thing to do..."

"That's for sure." Dave's lips press lightly to my temple, "Do you want to get out of here? I can get us a red eye to Charlotte."

After everything, I am in desperate need of a one on one break with Dave. Away from the complications of Nirvana, and especially away from the man named Kurt Cobain. "Please?"

"I'll get right on it," His bright smile makes my heart skip a beat and butterflies form in my stomach. Something Kurt Cobain never could cause in a million years. The singer may be who I lust for at times, but I will truly only ever love his long-haired drummer. 

Hello,

I don't know how I cranked this out in less than an hour, but here it is!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

108K 3.3K 45
A story of two people living a lifestyle where it can sometimes seem like the party never stops. Kurt and Lily are trying to figure out how to keep t...
22.8K 452 40
♫'When I'm not with you, think of you always'♫ ✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩ You go on a trip to Las Vegas with your mom to see her friend Taylor Hawkins perform durin...
250 24 11
This is a short story for Christmas 2020! Anna is home from college on Christmas break. She makes some new friends and starts to realize that the pat...
95.6K 2.2K 45
Before the Foo Fighters, before Nirvana, before even Scream, there was a girl. Julia Maxwell caught Dave's attention from the moment they first met...