Gentle Predator

By Jia-Belle

Who do you become when you've lost yourself? When the world you know is torn into pieces, is it not easy for... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 17

667 15 2
By Jia-Belle

It's finally October! This is my favorite month, so don't judge me.  

Chapter 17 is an early chapter, but I thought I should just put it up.  

Enjoy, Jellyfishes

Chapter 17 

He regrets kissing me? 

I should've expected that from Noah. How stupid am I to fall into this trap of his and actually let him make me feel like he liked me. I'm so stupid. Of course he doesn't like you, Stella. He likes Jessie. I wouldn't see why not. Hell, if I was a guy I would like her too. I just couldn't help but fell used, and lied to. The whole "I want you" nonsense was just his lust talking. 

He doesn't want me.  

I sighed deeply as I sat in Alyson's room staring down at my costume. I don't even know what it is. I hated the whole picking out costume thing, so I let Alyson do it for me. Hopefully it's something I like and can fit. "How do I look?" Alyson asked walking into her bedroom. She was dressed like the red queen from Alice in Wonderland. I think that really matched her personality.

Everything was in a set of black and red, and I'm just praying this isn't an Alice costume in here. "You look great." I muttered giving her a small smile. I don't even convince myself that I'm happy. Alyson stared at me and frowned before sitting next to me on her very large bed. "What's wrong?" she asked placing her hand on my knee.  

"Nothing, I'm just not in the Halloween mood right now." 

"You were this morning. What happened?"  

I'm not going to tell Alyson my Noah problems because there isn't any. He doesn't like me and I have to face the truth. I don't want to, but I have no chose. "It's nothing." I sighed standing up from the bed and grabbing the costume bag. "I'm gonna go change." I announced already walking towards the bathroom.  

When I got in I place the bag on the sink and slowly opened it. The first thing I noticed was the green fabric sticking out. The more I pulled it I noticed the end was this puffy material and boy was this thing short. As I pulled out my dress and examine it, I tried to think of who this maybe. Something caught my eye in the bag and I noticed it was wings.  

Fairy wings...  

No Alyson didn't. After all the things in the world she choose to dress me up as Tinkerbell. You wanna know who calls me Tinkerbell? Noah does. That guy I've been trying to not think about for a while now.  

Why must Alyson do this to me? 

The party was a full swing from since it started. Alyson is a pretty good damn hostess. I was still locked up in her room sitting on her bed in my Tinkerbell outfit. The wings didn't make me feel any better either. I have to admit it was cute, but anything but Tinkerbell. "What are you doing in here?" Alyson asked walking into the room with glass in hand.  

"Being Tinkerbell." 

"Tinkerbell doesn't sulk around while there is a very fun party going on."  

She held my hand with her supernatural strength and literally dragged me out of the room. My feet were actually scrapping the floor. "Stop being a shy baby, Stella. You look hot, trust me." Of course I do. When we reached downstairs I saw all these people dressed in these ridiculous costumes that I had to laugh at everyone. They crowded the large living room and kitchen, all the way to the pool. I don't have any fear that this party will get out of hand because this is Alyson we are talking about. 

"I want to go back up stairs." I said over the loud pumping music. Alyson sent me a small glare before dragging me towards the drinks and handing me a cut. It looks like apple juice, but the smell says different. "Isn't this illegal to have underage drinking?" I asked raising my eyebrow at her. In reply she rolled her eyes.  

"Who are you gonna tell, Dylan?"  

She does have a point. Well, it's only one glass. I took a sip of the liquid and hated the burning sensation that was now going down my throat. What the hell is this poison? That's the worst thing that ever went down my throat. I handed the cup back to Alyson and searched for something more tasteless. "Hello, you beautiful green fairy." Someone said beside of me with a very cheap Italian accent. I turned around to see Louis with a fake cigar in his mouth.  

I'm guessing he's a mob boss, but knowing Louis he can be anything.  

"How about you and me take a walk and talk, eh?"  

"You never stop amazing me, Louis."  

I chuckled shaking my head at him. He pulled out the cigar from his mouth and pointed it at me. "The names Lou, sweet cheeks, and Lou don't like when people disagree with him, get it?" I nodded at him before bursting out into laughter. He did the same before placing the cigar in his pocket.  

This is why I just love Louis. He can make you laugh when you're down. I love that in a friend. "So where's your mob?" I asked finally finding a bottle of water. "I don't know where they are. Liam disappeared with my gun, and Noah just can't be found." he replied in his normal American voice. The mention of Noah got my head spinning again.  

Is he even here?  

Will he talk to me after what he did today?  

God, why am I thinking about that in a time like this? I have a funny mobster standing next to me. I'm going to enjoy my night. "Hey Lou, let's go for a walk?" I suggested linking arms with him. Louis, or should I say Lou, placed his cigar back into his mouth again before we walk through the crowd. 

"I like you. You amuse me, Tinkerbell." 

"Please, do not call me that."  

"Why not?" 

"I just hate it." 

He was about to say something else, but something caught his eyes. There walking towards us with a very sexy Noah in black and white. Don't get me wrong, Louis looked pretty hot too, but Noah was just wow. "Hey cousin Noah, you're late to my function. Lou doesn't like when people are late and kept him waiting. People go missing when they do that. You lucky I like you." I swear sometimes Louis is just a mess. 

Noah rolled his eyes at him before looking down at me. His eyes soften when he saw me but he played it off. "You look nice, Tink." he muttered looking away From me.  

"Thanks"  

"Now I get it!" Louis yelled pulling away from me. "Tink! Noah calls you Tinkerbell so you dress up as her. That my friend is saying something."  

I felt my cheeks turn red when he implied that I dressed up as a freaking fairy because Noah calls me that name. That was not what happened. "No" I snapped folding my arms. "Alyson choose it. I just found out what it was before the party and had no chose. Tinkerbell was the last thing I would dress myself as." I saw a hurt look played on Noah's face and the tension between us started to build. I really don't want to be here with him. I don't want the thought of him being so passionate with me for fun. 

I'm not some game he just plays.  

I felt the need to cry come over me so I began walking away from them. He doesn't deserve my tears, but here I am still crying. I made my way through a lot of dancing teenagers and head out to the front yard. It wasn't too full here so I guess I can cry by the side of the house. Before I could go any farther I felt a pull on my hand and soon my face was pressed against someone's chest. "Don't cry, Tink." Noah mumbled rubbing my head.  

Don't cry?  

He doesn't want me to cry yet treats me like dirt. I pushed away from him and glared as hard as I can. "Don't talk to me." I snapped walking away. I barely even move before he pulled me back. "You need to understand why I said that earlier..." Then he just suddenly stopped talking.  

I raised my eyebrow at him but the voice behind of me told me why he did. "You have the right to remain silence." Jessie said from behind of me. Of course. I turned around to see her in this very form fitting, very short, black suit, and stopped right below her ass. There was a split on top showing more cleavage than it should. If she wasn't my friend I would call her a slut. "You look adorable, Stella." she smiled twirling the handcuffs around her fingers. "You don't look too bad yourself." I mumbled folding my arms.  

I heard a groan from behind of me causing me to roll my eyes. "We can talk about this later, Stella." Noah said still staring at Jessie. The hell I am. This talk is over forever. There's nothing to talk about. "No we won't, Noah." I snapped walking away from both of them.  

I now regret leaving the bedroom, and that's exactly where I am going. There's no need for me to be out here when I'm not even having fun. When I got upstairs, avoiding Alyson, I went to her room to see two couples making out. In fact, it was Liam and some girl who was supposed to be a cat.  

Slut 

"Whoa sorry" I sighed closing back the door. That's where he is. Maybe I should tell Louis. No, maybe Liam is gonna get lucky tonight. Instead, I went to the guest bathroom, and luckily no one was there. Once the door was closed I burst into a fit of tears.  

I hate him so bad it hurts to say it. I don't want to be the type of girl that cries for a guy, but that cut me real deep. I sat down on the ground and pulled my knees into my chest. The only thing I could do right now is just cry.  

Just let everything out. 

Damn, I hate crying. I'm pretty sure there is a line of mascara running down my face right now with glitter. Stupid fairy costume. I got so frustrated with myself that I ripped out the wings threw them on the ground in front. I basically stayed there for the rest of the night.  

***

"Group work." my English teacher announced as she walked around the class. 

A whole week passed since the party and these been nothing normal about the week. I've been attacked by wolves again; thankfully I had Louis with me. I've been avoiding Noah the best I can, but just can't when we have classes together and live in the same house. "Groups of two?" the teacher asked herself then nodded in approval.  

What a weird one she is. 

"Groups of two. Basically study buddies. Discuss the last few things we went through for your test on Friday." We just stared at her like she's speaking another language. Let's just say English isn't my favorite class in the world. "Begin!" she snapped rolling her eyes and mumbling things under her breath.  

I took a deep breath and lay my head on the table. I really don't feel like having convocation with anyone right now, so I can study with myself. I heard the desk in front me shift and soon someone was forcing my head up. "No time for sleep, Tink." that guy said turning around to face me. He doesn't know how much I just want to throw something after him. I sent him a hard glare before looking back down at my book. 

"Stella, you can't ignore me forever."  

I said nothing. 

I tried to focus on the words in front of me, but only ended up glaring at it.  

"Please, just talk to me once."  

Still nothing.  

"I miss you so much."  

As if I believed that bullshit. I'm not stupid to fall for that again. "I assure you Noah, this isn't a love class. You can propose your sorry to her after my class." the teacher said glaring at both of us. I hate that woman. My cheeks burned red as people eyes went to us and stared as if we really were a couple.  

Thanks a lot, bitch. 

"May I go to the bathroom?" I suddenly asked feeling too much attention on me. "Yes" I watched as Noah hanged his head in defeat seeing I did the same thing in history. I came back 5 minutes before the bell rang. I told the teacher that I had to help out a new student and he bought it. I stood from my spot and quickly walked out the classroom and went straight down the hallway. I need fresh air. I was breathing the same air with Noah for too long. I didn't know where I was going but I walked either way. 

I ended up on the field, by the lockers, around the front door ready to run for it but a teacher just happened to step out his classroom. I had no other choice than to go back to class. There's a few couple more minutes to go. I can bare it. Once I stepped into the classroom I felt the urge to just run back out, but I can't cause that woman already gave me a pointed look.  

Once again I say it, bitch. 

I took my seat once again and just stated out the window. I could feel his gaze on me for a while until it was gone and the bell rang. Great, I didn't study at all. Next time I'm gonna bring my notes on my walk with me. "I hate this class." Alyson mumbled as we walked out. I remembered someone telling me that at some point, but whom? I shrugged off the feeling and continued walking. I really just want this day to end so I can go home and sleep this feeling off.  

Is it creepy that I like staring at Dylan change into his wolf every night he goes for a run? 

Yes?  

No?  

I just like the strong black wolf that replaces his human form in just minutes. It's all so fascinating. I never see him turn back because I always end up falling asleep. I wonder if he ever sees me looking through the window. Damn I sound so creepy right about now.  

He left for 30 minutes now and since I can't sleep, and there is no way in hell I'm going by Noah, I'm gonna wait for him. So here I am sitting by the window seat in the pack house waiting, and stalking the alpha. After a few minutes I got tired of waiting and made myself some hot chocolate. 

What is taking him so long?  

Suddenly I saw some movement in the bushes and out emerge a very light brown wolf.  

Who is this? 

I want to see the majestic black wolf not some ordinary wolf. I still watched him though. He was sniffing around the area for a while, and then soon this other wolf joined it. Still it wasn't Dylan but it looked familiar. Maybe all wolves look the same. "What are you looking at?" a deep voice said behind my neck causing my blood to run cold. I was so scared that I couldn't even breathe properly. All I heard after that was dark chuckles behind of me.  

No telling it was that bastard Dylan, but where did he come from?  

I've been staring at the spot he left in for a good hour now. He couldn't have pasted and I didn't see. Soon the lights flickered on burning my eyes. I still sat on my spot; to afraid to turn around. "Why are you up so late, Stella?" Dylan asked from somewhere around the living room.  

It's just Dylan.  

I slowly turned around to see him standing there in all his glory in some sweatpants... That's it. This means I have a beautiful view of his perfect abs. "I couldn't sleep." I finally said standing up.  

"So you choose to sit in front the window?"  

"I was kind of waiting for you to come back."  

"Why?" 

I bit my bottom lip feeling a little embarrass to say it. I mean, this isn't Noah, who I tell anything to, this is Dylan. There are some limits. "I kind of like seeing your wolf form." I mumbled but I'm sure he heard. My eyes drifted to the ground as I saw him smirking at me. That was kind of embarrassing to say really. I sound like a stalker. "Why is that?" Dylan asked sitting down next to me on the seat causing my skin to touch his burning flesh. 

Just like Noah's at night. 

He stared at me with those blue eyes of his waiting patiently for my answer. I started chewing on my bottom lip and messing with my fingers. "I don't know. It looks strong, and filled with pride, and it's an all-black wolf. I think that's kind of cool."  

He just laughed.  

It wasn't that dark chuckle he always does when he scares me half to death; no it was a real laugh with some gasps here and there. All I did was smile. I made Dylan laugh with glee without even doing anything. Then I realized he was laughing at me and not my statement. "Stop laughing at me." I whined shoving him. He only laughed harder. I pouted and fold my arms.  

Mean jerk. 

"I forgot...how good it feels...to have a human around." he said calming down. After his last few chuckles he held his stomach and took a deep breath. "I don't say this often but you amaze me, Stella. You really do." Then everything went silent. The air gave this almost haunting feeling. Shortly after, a howl pierced through the air. Why were there wolves? It's not even a full moon.  

"That's why I want to keep my amusement safe when I say go up to your room right now."  

And Dylan went deadly serious. The playfulness in his eyes was gone, and his face was tensed. I don't think it was because of me, but then what else? "Why what's wrong?" I said standing up feeling a panic run through me. I took a quick glance at outside to see a few wolves there and Andrew standing there in his human form.  

What in the world is going on?  

"Dylan, what's going on?"  

"Just do what I tell you and you'll be safe." 

"But I-" 

"Stella..."  

He said in a warning tone pointing to the stairs. I took one last glance at outside before running up the stairs and towards my room. I can see what's happening from there. When I got up there, Noah was already closing my windows and moving the blinds. How did he know? Oh yeah, mind link. "What are you doing?" I asked walking into the room. He didn't even turn around. He took a quick look at outside then sighed. "Stupid fuckers" he lowly growled frightening me. 

I never heard him sound almost like a Dylan. I closed the door behind of me and locked it before turning back to Noah. He back was still to me and I saw him breathing deeply like he was about to change. No, not in my room. Any other place, but I just got this furniture. I did the only thing I could do and hug him from behind. 

He was frozen for a moment before taking a deep breath. When that wasn't working enough, I went in front of him and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Calm down, Noah." I mumbled hiding my face between his neck. The heat from his body sent this warm feeling everywhere on my body, and I just missed hugging me. "I won't let them hurt you." he choked out trying to sound as calm as he can.  

Hurt me?  

Well that's an understatement.  

"I wouldn't get hurt." 

"You don't know that."  

"I do, I have you to protect me." 

I felt his arms snacked around my waist, pulling me closer to his body. I hate him for making me forgive him just like that. I'm so soft with him. Then again this is my Noah. 

I think I actually... like him more now. 

Or is it just the heat of the moment?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 690 9
It has been 12 years since the Lycan emerged from the shadows and conquered the world. Today, North America is divided into two dozen Territories ov...
354 64 22
Trouble breaking out leading to the disappearance of the last daughter of Alpha Ace causing two kingdoms to be at bay. Growing up, Dawn has trouble w...
13.9K 1.1K 10
YOU CAN GET THE COMPLETE BOOK ON HINOVEL. Betrayal Hurts.... but what if the betrayer is your mate? ••••••••• Shyl...
571K 16.2K 34
I was never appreciated for who I was. I was tossed aside and left to rot for a mistake I made many years ago, a mistake that haunted me my entire li...