The Black Bear 》Robb Stark

By unknownnavajo

"A fighter that's all I ever wanted to be." A warrior is a brave or experienced fighter. That's what Jaidy... More

Act One
Prologue
Winterfell
Winter is Coming
An Answer
A Dire Moment
One Heart, One Flesh, One Soul
A Lingering Question
Unexpected
Every Step Of The Way
Keeping Enemies Close
The News of the Bears
Changes
A Royal Pardon
Declaration of War
Dark Wings Dark Words
New Power In The North
Act Two
Learning To Deal
Familiarity
An Attack?
Her Chance
Lost The Advantage
Traveling
Looks Can Be Deceiving
Ulterior Motive
Reunions
Respect Is Taken
Deception
New Course Of Action
Seperate Paths
Mama Bears And Bear Cubs
Forces From Across The Sea
Assimilation
Challenge Accepted
A New Era
Book Two

A New Companion

4.2K 154 6
By unknownnavajo

100,000 Gold Dragons for the heads of the Queen Bear and the Bear Cub of the North.

A parchment read on top of several others that held the same message. It was a crucial message that needed to be spread out fast.

Due to his high status and his amount of money, Tywin Lannister could always have others do his work for him. Not to mention, many would do things that worked in his favor at the flick of a wrist as long as it got them something. With all this at his disposal, he could use the information to his advantage. But this particular task might prove more difficulty and he wouldn't pursue it if it didn't serve a better purpose for them.

The North had seen their queen and she had given them with another Stark. Another trueborn who had a strong claim for the northern throne. Their living breath would mean everything to the North. But their death would help the South cripple the North. All Tywin had to do was wait for someone to find her.

Anger flowed through his veins as he crumbled the paper in his hand. The thing he feared most was happening. Not only did the news of his wife and son's disappearance get out, but they were going to be hunted. If they were caught by his enemy, then they should surely be dead. His only hope was that wherever they might be, no one would find them.

The only thing he could do at that moment was find the person who had let word leak. He would ensure that they would pay for endangering his family.

What he didn't know were the enemies he was looking for was closer than they seemed.

Roose Bolton burned the letter he had just received. Talisa venturing out of the tent she had often visited, tying the laces from the cloak on her shoulder. Finally, Walder Frey displaying a smug grin at the papers in his hand. One held a Lion and the other a Flayed man.

Ever since his crawling adventure, Jaidyn had been keeping a keen eye on Aden. The mischievous boy simply smiled at his mother. Since they had departed from Stryder, they had began their long trek up the mountain but still found themselves in the lower levels of the mountain.

When the two stopped for the night in a small clearing, it didn't take long before Aden had fallen asleep. Jaidyn laid beside her child and watched the stars through the trees. Hoping that in the near future she would be reunited with her family.

But traveling along with a baby is a challenge itself. She was often not getting more than an hour sleep listening to the sounds around them. The tiredness had begun to settle in making Jaidyn's eyelids close drifting into the depths of her mind.

A branch snapped made her eyes open. Her eyes adjusted to the darkness still in the air while her ears strained to hear anything other than insects. The fire had died long ago as barely embers remained. It was so low that Jaidyn had almost missed it. Their whispering was nearby as she adjusted her body to shelter Aden.

Using the darkness surrounding them to her advantage, she carefully picked up Aden and shuffled away from the sound. Carefully and as quietly as she could, she settled Aden under the small branches of a tree while she positioned herself not far off. Her eyes peering through the branches at whatever the moonlight could show.

Three men entered her small clearing quietly and took a glance around. They muttered among themselves kicking around the embers and looking at the few items she left behind.

As quietly as she could, she unsheathed her sword and with a firm grip, she emerged from the shadows when their backs were turned. She crept forward and when she was in range, she sent the sword swinging. Her blade was met with another before it could meet its target.

She pulled her blade back and readied her stance as her opponents drew their weapons. She was confident in her ability to take on the men in front of her since her fight with the Lannister men. But during that battle, she had others surrounding her and she didn't not have the life of an infant to consider. In fact, she had forgotten about that fact.

Her sword clashed against her challengers as they tried to strike. She blocked and dodged as she tried to gain the upper hand. But what she didn't know was they would force her hand.

With distance between them, she assess her options to try and disarm them. But the loudness of their fight had woke Aden as he let out a cry. Her blood ran cold as they glanced at one another with a smile. Two of them charged at her both swinging their swords wildly.

The instinct to keep her child safe kicked in as she blocked the attacks and tried to disarm them. But their attacks didn't stop as the blade dropped it was back up in a second. While his companions kept her occupied, the third man made his way around the tree to find the source of crying.

Her arms moved as quick as they could in attempt them to keep them from her child. She saw her opening when she was able to push one of them backwards causing them to trip and fall. Her attention shifted toward the remaining fighter and it wasn't long till she disarmed him and kicked his leg out. With them both out of her way, she rushed over to where her child has cried but halted quickly when the shadow emerged with a crying child.

An evil grin spread across the man's face as he stepped into view. He now has a hold over her and she knew he knew based on the glint in his eyes. Her hand tighten on her weapon even though she wouldn't use it not with Aiden so close to being harmed.

"A mother's love is a powerful thing." He commented trying to soothe the crying child in his grasp. But the small thing kept twisting and turning trying to reach for his mother.

"Please." Her voice so low that it didn't reach his ears.

She was suppose to be strong, fearless, a warrior. But in that moment she felt defenseless, weak. The one thing that she was meant to protect with her life and she couldn't even comfort him. She felt a wave of disappointment overcome her.

By that time, the others had recovered from their falls and began to surround Jaidyn. She could hear the heartbeat in her ears as she thought of the inevitable.

"Mothers would do anything for their young. After all they are the ones who continue their line." The leader spoke as the others moved in closer. "So tell me girl, what would you do for yours?"

As soon as the words passed his teeth the others gripped her arms and pulled the sword from her hands. As much as she wanted to fight their fingers off her body, she didn't want any harm to come to Aiden. While the two men were disarming her, the leader wondered to her bag and began to rummage through it.

"Such a pretty sword, for a woman." One of them mentioned. But the bear on the handle had peaked his interest.

This drew the attention of the leader as he pulled a certain trinket from the bag. It was a tool that only nobles had as they needed to address their letters. The symbol engraved on it gave him the notion of exactly who he was speaking to.

The bear representing the house she had come from. But the crown on top of it representing the statue she was given based on her marriage.

This was the Queen of the North. And she was worth alot to them alive.

"Well, well, well, it looks like we have some royals in our midst boys." The leader smirked at her before pulling a parchment from his pocket. "The Lions have put a mighty big bounty on your heads."

Jaidyn tensed at the mention of the powerful family that had been the cause of her family's turmoil. It was because of them Bran's spirit was broken. They were the reason that her husband was fighting. But more importantly, they were now the reason her child was in danger.

"That bounty will set us up nicely." The one holding her arm commented.

They all seemed to be in agreement until Jaidyn noticed how the one who disarmed her was standing too close for comfort. Her breath hitched when she felt the smallest movement in her hair.

"There was nothing in the bounty that she had to come to them unscratched." His closeness made her blood turn cold. "You know I've never been with a noble before. Wonder what makes them so special."

Those words made her want to forget every reason and slaughter them all. It was her son's cry and kept her in her place. She couldn't risk him in anyway.

It happened too quickly for her. She tried to pull from their grips and push them away but she was out numbered simple as that. Then she heard him as his cries got louder making her search for him.

He was still positioned in the leaders arms but with the help of the moon she could spot the silver glittering out. The dagger pressed against Aden's skin as some pressure was applied. The notion was quick as the blade was withdrawn. It's only intent was for her to stop fighting.

But it did more than that. A traveller had heard the loud cries as it peaked his curiosity. A nocked arrow settled in his bow as he inched forward.

She lied sit on the forest floor until they reached for her clothes. Again, she tried to keep their hands from her but just when they managed to hold her down, a snap caught their attention.

The world seemed to silence as they waited for anything to appear. The leader set down Aden as he and the one not holding her down drew their weapons. They crept forward trying to peer though the darkness. Nothing stood out to them causing them to turn back and just like that an arrow whizzed though the air and through the leader's back. The stranger dropped his bow as the other charged at him quickly.

The other stood up to help his companion causing Jaidyn to move toward Aden. She shielded him as best as she could watching as the others fought. Her dagger shined in the leaders hand as she hurried toward it not knowing where her sword had went.

Moonlight shined down on them causing them to look like nothing but shadows. The trees shook as their swords hit them. The stranger's movements were quick as he defeated one of them with his sword sticking out of his abdomen.

With his weapon inbedded in his friend, the last attacker went to strike causing the stranger to jump back. Now defenseless, he used his surroundings to his advantage. He played in the shadows as he ventured to find another weapon. He entered the clearing that one housed the queen and her child only to find it empty. But a silver glint caught his eye as he hurried toward it.

His grip firm around the handle as he swung it and repeated until the attacker couldn't hang onto his weapon. His last swing was strong and powerful as it cut his head clear off. His breath heavy as he tried to find anymore threats.

That's when Jaidyn stood from her hiding place and into the clearing. Her dagger tight by her side. Her eyes caught her sword dangling at his.

He had noticed her gaze drop and looked down to where hers was and noticed the handle straight away. He had known right away that it meant. Despite being far from the kingdom around them they still heard the whispers as they travelled through the trees. He knew that standing in front of him was the Queen of the North.

"Your grace, forgive me but I didn't expect for such royalty to travel this far without protection." He spoke calmly before carefully tossing the sword at her feet.

"What do you want?" She asked her guard still up as she quickly picked up her sword.

"I mean you no harm, your grace. Just meant to help." He stated going around to retrieve his weapons.

"And which king do you serve?" She questioned wondering if he might also want to turn her in.

"I serve none of your Kings. But my commander would have no interest in your bounties." He stated once his bow was secured and his sword holstered.

His words peaked her interest as she remembered Stryder mentioning that the mountain men did not serve Kings but a commander. This man was a mountain man and he could lead her to his commander.

She put her sword away before speaking to him. "I would like to speak with your commander, can you take me to him? I will pay whatever you want."

He didn't seem to hesitate with his answer. His conscience wouldn't allow him peace of mind unless they were protected. He felt like this attack wouldn't be the last time someone might come for her.

"We leave at dawn." He stated going to start a fire.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79K 2.2K 88
"She stole stole my arm in the womb, I know there is a fierce warrior in her... until then I protect my sister.' ⚔️ 🐉 Daenarys and her twin sister...
6.7K 683 19
He was the last warrior of the old gods, she was born with the power of the new. In a war for the soul of a kingdom, two enemies will find their bigg...
697 22 12
Hope Mikaelson, a confident, powerful, woman stronger than any living or dead creature. Voyages into a world of chaos and war.
125K 3.2K 12
𝘴𝘰 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘦, - 𝗌𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝖺𝗇𝗈𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝗏𝗈𝗐 𝗍𝗈 𝖻𝖾 𝖻𝗋𝗈𝗄𝖾𝗇. ©𝘦𝘤𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘤𝘦𝘪𝘴