Reunions

Having a baby in the middle of a forest was not what Jaidyn had in mind

Having a baby in the middle of a forest was not what Jaidyn had in mind. The group had ridden for as long as they could to get to the war camp but the contractions were alot.

"We're not far out, Your Grace. We need to keep going." Stryder insisted as Jaidyn tried to maintain a smooth breathing pattern.

With a quick nod of her head, they kept going. They would've gotten further if Jaidyn hadn't started to slip off her horse while clutching her stomach. Stryder was quick to intervene and bring her down to the forest floor.

They weren't far out from the last known location of the war camp but it seemed at thought Jaidyn could no longer ride. He had a decision to make. Have Jaidyn give birth in the middle of the forest or find how far the camp was.

He sent two of the boys forward while Jaidyn tried to remain calm. But it seemed as the old gods were watching over them as the pair come back quickly. The war camp was just over the ridge point. Only Jaidyn could not get back onto the horse.

Gathering her into his arms, Stryder lifted her from the forest floor and began to make his way forward. Stumbling onto the camp might not be the best idea but he could only hope that they would get a chance to explain. His suspicions confirmed when the men had gathered with their weapons.

The ranger insisted on a bed before he followed behind one. It wasn't till he was brought outside the large tent that he realized who he was. He was the young king, Jaidyn's husband.

He consulted the girl as best as he could until the woman came to take over. Maege and Catelyn insisting that it was woman's business.

Catelyn was not the most liked at the moment, but she would be there for the girl she considered a daughter. Her only relief was that they had found Jaidyn at that moment. She would be able to see her first grandchild.

Maege had not thought of when she might see Jaidyn again. The only news she received was the letters sent. Now as she helped her niece, she realized how beautiful the girl had grown up. But her mind wondered just how much of a bear might still be left in her.

Everyone's attention solely focused on the young girl and the babe she would give birth to, no one noticed the lingering presence. Talisa had told them she was there to help deliver the baby but she couldn't tear her eyes from Jaidyn. The girl was beautiful, yes. But her hope was that the distance had greatly affected her. And now with the baby, she thought that the girls focus would be on it. Maybe her plan might work.

Jaidyn tried to not focus on the pain coercing through her body. Instead she tried to think of something else. It wasn't till she was being told to push that she realized her surroundings and the faces around her.