Challenge Accepted

Their lives had been different since they arrived among the mountain people

Their lives had been different since they arrived among the mountain people. Jaidyn had used much of her time training with the others. She was determined to learn their ways and find a way for herself to fit in.

And Aden wasn't to far off. In fact, he sat rather close to where they would train and watch in awe at their movements. Many times someone would have to pull him back as he tried to make his way to his mother.

But despite having a completely different view than any she had seen, she missed her old bedchambers. She missed her old life. And more importantly, she missed her husband.

She would have travelled back down that mountain if she could but all the pawns were not set in place. She had to demonstrate patience as she waited for an opportunity for her. After all, Stryder had gone to find the truth and a threat lingered around the Northern crown.

But she could tell that many of their people were not so welcome to their presence among them. Their eyes were constantly on them as if they were suppose to attack at any moment. It wasn't till a message had arrived that Jaidyn knew her time had come.

It was like any other day until midday, that's when commotion had begun to stir. People whispered among themselves as their eyes focused on Jaidyn and Aden. It wasn't long till Jaidyn had noticed their behavior. She kept Aden close beside her as she wondered just why their whispers and stares were placed on them.

It wasn't till she had opted to go back to her room that she caught wind of what their whispers were. She had decided to take Aden back to their room while the whispers died down but the cave walls seemed to echo around her. The voices rose louder as she made her way down the hall that would lead to the Commander's throne.

"...They are a threat to our way of life."

"They should've never been brought here."

"The kingdoms below will want us to choose a side, we know nothing about them. They could come and wipe us out if we don't."

Her footsteps crept closer as she tried to listen to what was being discussed especially if it had to do with her and her son. She knew that not many of their people accepted their presence.

"What would you have me do? Leave the girl to be raped and slaughtered. Have the boy left for the animals?" The next voice spoke up. She was grateful that Collen was standing up for them, but she was also the person who would stand up for herself.

"Enough. This message means nothing. We do interfere with the doing of the kingdoms below." The Commander spoke up stopping the argument from going further.