Heartstrings

By bossbitch3000

As two souls together intertwined And as two guarded hearts turned blind, What started off as hate, later ser... More

Authors note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Another authors note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
The last author note

Chapter 29

271 12 1
By bossbitch3000

                            Best Friends
*Heaven's POV*
It has been two weeks since the get together at the Sullivan's, two weeks since the Underground burned down, and two weeks since Landon and I resolved our problems. Him and I have became practically inseparable ever since and really... close. He was no longer closed off... well not as much as he used to be. We also came to acknowledge the fact that we share a-lot of similar opinions, traits, habits and interests.
As for The Underground, it was burned down by a group of angry bidders who were constantly loosing their money in there. They were caught by the police and placed in prison for 15 years for arson and illegal activities.
As for me, I had been searching for a job none stop. It has been hard since I haven't finished my studies yet, so I couldn't quite get myself a high paying, respectful job... others payed a minimum wage that wouldn't suffice my college tuition and rent. Although I have applied for some internships at several law enterprises, I was thinking of actually moving in with the twins. I have been adjourning it for as long as possible, because I didn't want to burden them. But I think at the moment, it's actually the best choice.
...

Silas ruffled Justus's hair, and whispered something in Athena's ear as he took his place beside her, parallel to Landon, sitting on my left, Alex, sitting on my right, and I. Athena blushed and giggled then slapped the back of Silas's head.

_ "You guys give me diabetes. Get a room already." Barfs Alex.

_ "NO! Don't encourage them!" exclaimed Justus then leaned over and glared at Silas, who was grinning goofily back at him. "No.." repeated Justus narrowing his eyes.

_ "Oh trust me, they are not waiting for your approval. If they did, they wouldn't be fu-" I start.

_ "Please don't continue" interrupts Justus desperately, as he stands up and heads to the buffet, mumbling indecipherable words under his breath. We all laugh.
Oh... have I mentioned Athena and Silas have been fuck buddies ever since they met that night at the party? He has also been hanging out with us from hence forth.

As Athena got busy snickering with Justus as soon as he came back, and Alex and Silas listened and laughed, Landon asked me:
_ "we still on for tonight? 9 at the Local Bar?"

_ "yeah, I just have volley practice. I end at 8, so it will take me around an hour and a half to get home, change, shower and everything else... I guess 9:30 will be more fitting than 9." I answer.

_ " 9: 30 it is. I'll pick you up then, don't make me wait too long..." He pokes me in the ribs. "Anyways I gotta go to class. I have Economics now, see ya tonight." He squishes my face as he passes behind me, and runs off to class.

Fast forward 8 PM.
(Still from Heaven's POV)

I have been on the universities volleyball team since The Underground burned down. I needed to control my emotions in some way... so why not do it by slamming a ball into people's faces. I adapted rather quick, as I used to play for my schools' team, but also because I have rather strong arms from all the boxing.

_ "Training's over everyone. Good-work today, you may all leave except for Heaven and Ruth. Please come over." says coach Mendes.
Ruth and I head over to the coach.

_ "What's up coach?" I pant, wiping the sweat off my forehead.

_ "We have a game in a week, and since you two are new here, I will need your clothing sizes so that I can get you matching jerseys along with the rest of the team. Also I wanted to ask you to..."
Coach ended up explaining and asking us for things for another half an hour. As I made my way out of the gymnasium, I check the time. 8:35. I then text Landon that I was gonna be late: "Hey bitch, I'm running late, coach kept us an extra half an hour to talk about our game next week. You go ahead, I'll meet you there in 1" andd... send. 

I made my way home, where I took a quick shower, and changed into a pair of black ripped jeans, and a monochrome black top. I then threw on some highlight and mascara and was rushing out the door to make it on time. 9:10.

(Heaven's outfit)

Once I got to the bar, I cut through the waiting line to talk to the security guard at the door. Landon had told me to tell him my name, and that he would let me in immediately without having to wait in the long line of people. He said one of his fathers colleagues owned this bar, and that he could get us through easily into the VIP lounge.

_ "hey, umm... the names Heaven. Heaven Knight." I say.
The heavy built, short bald man gives me a stern look, then checks his list. There was some kind of event today, so only guests with their names on the list could get through.

_ "ah... a VIP guest. I'm sorry Ms.Knight, but I'm going to have to ask you to pass through the back entrance for several reasons." He states coldly, his voice deep and stoic.

_ "Which are?" I ask
He looked at me annoyed.

_ "First off this door has been locked for a few minutes now, as the service is slow due to the huge amount of people, hence the queue. Second, these angry folks would eat me alive if I were to let you in. They have been standing here for some time now. It would be unfair."

I roll my eyes and ask: "how to get to this back entrance?"

_ "Around the corner on the left. Just tell them your name they'll immediately let you in"

I pass the corner and walk toward the entrance on the left. It was a murky alleyway. The meek light produced by the lamp posts was flickering. The alley was empty and damp. This whole scenery looked sketchy.

_ "Hey there pretty lady" says a voice from behind me.
Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me. I sigh, but continue to ignore him in hopes of avoiding any kind of conflicts. So I just kept walking. I could feel the person come closer to me quickly.

_ "Hey I'm talking to you you bitch" he says, and I turn around. "Damnnn... a nice ass and an even prettier face!" He exclaims.

I feel my blood boil, but all I do is just turn back around and continue to walk away. I try to keep my emotions and anger under control. So far so good.
He then grabs ahold of one of my wrists and briskly turns me around to face him. As he does so, my other hand quickly connects with his jaw. This was the last straw.
He stumbles back, unprepared for my reaction. Once he shakes off the pain, he stares at me, anger swarming his hazel eyes. He was infuriated. I got a good look of who I was dealing with. He wasn't your average alley creep. He looked around 29-30, he had dirty blond hair, hazel eyes and subtle stubble covering his chin and cheeks.
The idiot charged at me, in hopes of achieving pay back, but I dodge him and he crashes into the wall behind me. Before I could fully face him again, he had directed a punch at my face. I barely swerve it. I felt the air caused by the speed of his throw, whizzing inches away from my ear. I quickly distract him with a jab to the nose and swipe my foot under his, causing him to loose balance and crash to the floor. That was my signature move.
As soon as he meets the humid concrete, he lay on his back and pulls out a gun.
What is it with everyone pulling their guns out at me!?
I cautiously raise both my hands into the air. The man chuckles and rises to his feet. He brings the gun closer to my face and aims it at my forehead.

_ "Now, we can either do this the easy way or the hard way." He says.
I let out a sarcastic laugh.

_ "I choose the hard way" I say, and with one swift motion, I grab the gun from between his hands and point it to his head. He starts reaching down for what seemed like another gun on his torso but I removed the safety off the one in my hand: "put it on the floor... NOW! Hands behind your head." I menace.
He does as I say and drops his second weapon to the ground. I could feel the presence of other individuals around. The man in-front of me smirks and I hear a gun being loaded behind me. I peek over my shoulder. Another man was standing there, aiming his gun at me. Uh oh.
The first one quickly grabs his gun off the floor and does the same as his colleague behind me.

_ "you are outnumbered honey, surrender." Says the man at the rear of me. His voice seemed like one of a younger man, one under the age of 30.

_ "or else?" I ask confidently.

_ "we shoot" says the one in front of me.

_ "shoot" I invite, my voice not once wavering.
He looks at me skeptically, then removes the safety off his weapon.
I take a deep breath and count till three.
One... Two... Three! I dodge. Two bullets were fired. I shut my eyes tightly, then... I hear a thud and a hot liquid hit my face. I open one eye at a time only to take in the 30 year old that was in front of me, laying dead on the floor with a bullet in his head. I grab the gun I had in my hand off the floor and quickly turn around. The man that was behind me had dodged the bullet. In a matter of seconds, we were both holding each other at gunpoint.

_ "Impressive" I hear a third voice, this one was low and husky. A man, around 50, emerges from the shadows behind man number 2. He then stood near the one I was holding at gun point. "You took down one of my men, not only with quick thinking and smart moves, but also with a well thought of technique. Abelardo, you can put down your gun." He ordered man number 2. The man obeyed. "I truly am impressed miss-?" He continues.

_ "why should I give you my name?" I seeth still holding the gun up.

_ "Ah... feisty one" he said. He had a strong Hispanic accent resonating in his words. I took both men in. The younger one looked around 25. He had blue eyes and bleached hair. His stubble jaw was covered with some facial hair. The older one looked around 50. He had dark brown hair that had started to gray with age. He had piercing ice blue eyes topped with thick arched brows. All in all he looked kind of harmless and rather... familiar?

_ "what do you want from me?" I ask.

_ "Well initially we wanted nothing. This dimwit laying dead on the floor right now acted stupid and drunk, and decided to mess around. He was the cause of his own death." I looked at the guy with the bleached hair who had killed the other one. He looked completely calm and showed no emotion. "But now.." continued the older one "since you really impressed me with your skills and agility, and since you basically, killed one of my me-"

_ "I didn't kill anybody" I interrupt, almost spitting my words at him.

He chuckles then continues: "how are you so calm? I mean, you just witnessed murder and was held at gun point..."

_ "This isn't the first time that I'm held at gun point" my words made me recall the night Landon pulled out a gun at me... I still hadn't had the chance to ask him about that. "And I'm calm because I've witnessed some messed up shit in my life, and to be completely honest... Death doesn't really scare me." I reveal to him, shrugging.

My words caused both of their eyes to widen, then the old man proceeded by asking: "I was wondering... are you interested in joining my... crew?" He asks.
I just glare at him.
"I understand this isn't a decision you can take on the spot so I'll give you some time." he continues, his voice oozing with slyness.

_ "What will you get from it? And what's in it for me?" I ask.

_ "ahh... good question my dear." He says "I, would get a skillful fighter instead of the asswipe I've just lost. I could train you and teach you and make you one of the best of our kind... and you? You wouldn't have to worry about money no longer... you would have a roof over your head, and a stable income. Tempting isn't it?"

_ "and what makes you think I don't already have a roof over my head and a stable income?" I ask.

_ "just... a feeling" he shrugs, before a devilish grin tugs at his lips. "Look, I may be a cold hearted killer, but I'm a man of word... if you do join, and if you take your job seriously, I promise you, I'll do everything in my power to keep you safe." I attempt to read his expression, but he resumed all too fast. "Now! I'm a busy man... I'll give you a few days to think about it, but for now... farewell..." he and his minion turn and start walking away.

_ "wait!" I call out. He turns back. "Who even are you? I should know what I'm dealing with at-least for me to make a decision... and how do I know you won't kill me if I decline your offer?"

_ "you don't..." he begins, offering me a before seen smirk, revealing a row of pearly white teeth "and as for my identity, it shall remain a secret until you decide whether or not you'll accept or decline my offer. All I can say, is that they call us The Saints. So... what do you say?" He confronts me

_ "i-...

________________________________
I hope no gang comes at me for this... i know nothing about them, and I'm just inventing. Sooo... this is an interesting chapter. What will happen next? Will she accept or decline? Will she live or die?
Find out in the new chapters of "Heartstrings!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

377K 6.9K 52
✓ COMPLETED ✓ Started: 30th SEPT 2020 Finished: 20th NOV 2020 EDITING! His apartment door opened to reveal a sexy, shirtless Landon King wearing not...
3.5M 89.9K 51
Highest rank #27 in Teen Fiction. Written by @apricitys. _ _ _ "What is this?" He asked, not even bothering to look at the canvas in front of me. Ins...
449K 8.5K 54
Raven Rodriguez has grown up a normal life with the future of the mafia looming over her back. A new guy moves to her school and seems to make it hi...
71.9K 1K 61
𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆: 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄, 𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐆𝐒, 𝐀𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐇𝐎𝐋, 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒, 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 ...