The Rose

By aliciarenenell1993

(Rosalie Potter Rewritten Version) A/N- I do not own any of the Harry Potter series plot lines or the charact... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83

Chapter 80

2.4K 62 3
By aliciarenenell1993

"Blimey," Seamus said smiling as he stood up once he saw Harry and Rose. The others started to follow, all of them smiling and clapping. "Harry!Rose!" The cheered. Everyone came forward  to greet them. Harry and Rose smiled as they greeted their friends, most of the students in there were for the DA.

"Okay, okay, let's not kill them before You-Know-Who - -" Neville said to everyone, making them back away from Rose and Harry. "What's the plan?" Neville asked Rose and Harry. Everyone stared at them, expecting them to come up with this brilliant plan.

"Okay. There's something we need to find. Something hidden here in the castle. And it may help us defeat Yoi-Know-Who," Harry explained to them. "Right, what is it?" Neville asked Harry. "We don't know," Harry answered Neville. "Where is it?" Nevile asked, everyone stared at them, probably wondering why they didn't have much information.

"We don't know that either," Harry answered. "I realize it is not much to go on," Harry looked at everyone's face. They looked conflicted. "That's nothing to go," Seamus said shaking his head.

"I think it has something to do with Ravenclaw. Um, it'll be small, easily concealed. Anyone any ideas?" Harry tried to explain what he thinks it might be.  Everyone looked around at the people next to them.

"Well there's Rowena Ravenclaw's lost diadem," Luna spoke up and Rose realized that Luna might be on the right track. Two of the Horcruxes were object of the founders of Hogwarts.  "Oh, bloody hell. Here we go," Ron muttered and Rose jabbed him with her elbow in his stomach.  "The lost Diadem of Ravenclaw? Hasn't anyone heard of it? it's quite famous," Luna said.  "Yes but, Luna, it's been lost for centuries now," Cho said turning to Luna. "There isn't a person alive today who's seen it."

"Excuse me. Can someone tell me what a bloody diadem is?" Ron asked looked around.  "It is a sort of crown. Like a tiara," Rose answered turning to look at Ron.  Suddenly the doors opened and everyone turned to look, Ginny suddenly came into view.

"Harry," Ginny said when she saw Harry. "Hi there," Harry greeted and rose smiled. The two were sort of dating, she wasn't entirely sure, but they were still awkward.

"Six months she hasn't seen me and it's like I'm Frankie First-year," Ron said to Hermione, but everyone heard him. "I'm her brother."

"She's got lots of those. There's only one Harry," Seamus said smirking at Ron. "Shut up, Seamus," Ron said. 'What is it, Ginny?" Neville asked her. "Snape knows. He knows that Harry and Rose were spotted in Hogsmeade," Ginny said and everyone turned to looked at Harry and Rose.

Harry and Rose came up with a plan. They dressed in spare Gryffindor robes and followed the rest of the Gryffindor students. They kept their heads down as they marched along with all the other students to the Great Hall.

They stood in the Great Hall and Snape walked between the four houses up to where the teachers' table use to be. He turned to face them. "Many of you are surely wondering why I have summoned you at this hour," Snape said looked at all the student. "It's come to my attention that earlier this evening Harry and Rosalie Potter were sighted in Hogsmeade."

Students turned to one another, starting to whisper to find out if it is true or not.  "Now," the students stopped talking when they heard Snape speak up, "should anyone  student or staff, attempt to aid the Potters they will be punished in a manor consistent with the severity of their transgression.  Furthermore any person found to have knowledge of these events  who fails to come forward  will be treated as  equally guilty," He looked over all the student.

"Now then," He walked down the steps and towards the students, "if anyone here has any knowledge of the Potters' movements this evening I invite the to step forward. Now," Snape said standing in the middle of all the student, most of the was looking down at their shoes.  Harry and Rose walked out towards the middle of the room.  All the students muttered and others turned around to look who it was.

"It seems, despite your exhaustive defensive strategies  you still have a bit of a security problem, Headmaster," Harry spoke up and the doors opened and The Order stepped in.  "And i'm afraid it's quite extensive," Rose said to Snape.

"How dare you stand where he stood? Tell them how it happened that night. Tell them how you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you, and killed him. Tell them," Harry demanded Snape. Snape pulled out his wand, but Professor McGonagall pushed Harry and Rose back as she stood in front of them. Snape looked as if his was about to stand down but he didn't.

They dueled until Snape apparted out of the Great Hall through the window. The rest of the death eaters followed him. The students cheered as McGonagall lit the fires to brighten up the Great Hall.

"Harry. Rose," The voice of Voldemort travelled through the air, Rose and Harry both stumbled backwards. This was the first time Rose experienced it this bad, she had the dreams, but she never heard h like this before. Suddenly there were girls who were screaming. Rose and Harry went to look at which girls it were.

"I know that many of you will want to fight.  Some of you may even think that to fight is wise.  But this is folly. Give me Harry and Rosalie Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry and Rosalie Potter and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched.  Give me Harry and Rosalie Potter  and you will be rewarded.  You have one hour," They voice of Voldemort travelled through the air.

"What are you waiting for? Someone grab them," Pansy Parkinson said pointing at Rose and Harry. Ginny rushed forward and pushed Harry and Rose behind her. Hermione soon followed as did other students.

"Students out of bed!" The voice of Filch came into the Great Hall.  "Students in the corridor!"

"THey are supposed to be out of bed, you blithering idiot," McGonagall said and Rose let a smile slip as Mr Filch looked at McGonagall shocked. "Oh, Sorry, ma'am," Filch apologized. "As it happens, Mr Filch, your arrival is most opportune," McGonagall said walking towards him.  "If you would, I would like you, please to lead Miss Parkinson and the rest of Slytherin House from the hall," McGonagall said pointing at Pansy with her wand and then towards the door.

"Exactly where is it I'll be leading them to, Ma'am?" Filch asked. "The dungeons would do," McGonagall said.  All the other house cheered but all the Slytherin's looked angry.

"I presume you two have a reason for returning. What is it you need?" McGonagall asked Harry and Rose.  "Time, Professor. As much as you can get us," Rose said to Professor McGonagall.  "Do what you have to do. I'll secure the castle," McGonagall said to Rose and Harry.  Rose and Harry turned around starting to walk away.

"Potters," McGonagall said, causing Harry and Rose to turn and look at her. "It's good to see you two," McGonagall smiled at them and Rose smiled back. "It's good to see you too, Professor," Harry answered. Harry and Rose walked past Neville. "Hold the fort, Neville," Harry said patting Neville on the arm as he walked past.

Students rushed to get the younger students and all the portrait, well the people in them, to safety.
"Harry. Rose. Hermione and I have been thinking. It doesn't matter if we don't find a Horcrux," Ron said, Harry looked at him confused. "What do you mean?" Harry asked.

"Unless we can destroy it," Hermione answered. "So we were thinking," Ron said. "Well, Ron was thinking. It was Ron's idea. It's brilliant," Hermione said to Harry and Rose. "You destroyed Tom Riddle's diary with a basilisk fang, right? Well, Hermione and I know where we might find one," Ron said to them Rose and Harry nodded.

Rose reached into her back pocked and pulled out the Marauder's Map.  "Okay, but take this. That way you can find us when you get back," Rose said handing them the Map.  "Where are you going?" Hermione asked. "Ravenclaw Common room. Gotta start somewhere," Harry rushed up the stairs, but Rose didn't follow. "And you?" Hermione asked Rose.

"We are splitting up, to cover more ground," Rose said and turned running towards the seventh floor. She made a decision to check the room of requirements.

Rose rushed towards the Room of Requirements. She looked at the wall and thought of the room she would need. The door appeared and Rose entered. She stared to look around. She wasn't like Harry, she can't hear the Horcruxes but she can feel them when they are near. She could feel it somewhere in there, but she can't place the excact spot it is at.

Rose felt a sudden rush, as if a part of her just disappeared. She let out a gasp for breath. When she caught her breath she continued to look around. Moment later Rose spotted Harry walking towards her. "How did you know it would be here?" Harry asked Rose. "I took a guess. So it is here. I can feel it, but maybe you can find it quicker, since you can hear it," Rose said and Harry nodded.
And they found it in a box on a table.

"Well, Well," The voice of Draco suddenly came from behind Rose. She turned and saw Draco pointing his wand at them, along with Blaise and Goyle.  "What brings you here, Potter?" Draco asked Harry, he completely ignored Rose. "I could ask you the same," Harry answered.  "You have something of mine. I would like it back," Draco said. "What's wrong with the one you have?" Rose questions, drawing Draco's eyes to her.

"It's  my mother's. It's powerful, but it's not the same. Doesn't quite understand me. Know what I mean?" Draco said to Rose. "Why didn't you tell her? Bellatrix. You knew it was us. You didn't say anything," Harry said, and Rose saw Goyle whisper something into Draco ear.

"Expelliarmus!" Hermione came fro beside Harry and Rose, pointing her wand at Draco and his two friends. Goyle casted the killing curse which almost hit Hermione. The Diadem was hit by one of the spell that was casted, causing it to fly into the air and land on a pile of couches and chairs

"That's my girlfriend, you numpties!" Ron screamed as he ran after them. Harry started to climb on the pile to look for the Diadem. Suddenly they heard a boom. Harry and Hermione got down to the floor and Ron came running towards them.

"Goyle's setting the bloody place on fire!" Ron screamed at them as he grabbed Hermione pulling her along with him as they run away from the fire that was spreading. They ran. They came upon some old broom and decided to fly out. As they were looking for a way out they saw Draco and Blaise standing on a pile of things that were starting to catch fire. Goyle had fallen into the fire.

"We can't leave them," Rose shouted at the others. "She's joking right?" Ron asked. But Rose turned her broom around. She tried to grab onto Draco's hand but she missed. "If we die for them, Rose, I'm gonna kill you," Ron shouted at Rose, who just rolled her eyes at him and turned back once again.

This time she pulled Draco onto  her broom while Ron pulled Blaise onto his broom. They flew out of the Room of Requirements. "Rose!" Hermione yelled once they were out, she threw the tooth of the Basilisk at Rose who caught it and plunged it into the Diadem.  Ron kicked it into the fire as soon as the black smoke came out of it. Rose felt the pain on another piece leaving, and now she was starting to understand what was going on.

Ron told Harry to look if he could see where Voldemort was. Harry did. They were in the boat house. The four of them started to make their way towards the boat house. They ran there, through the battle that was happening, past the giants, the spiders and Dementors.

They ran down the stairs towards the boat house. they hid just outside the window of the boat house. "There is no wand more powerful. Ollivander himself has said it. Tonight when they come, it will not fail you. I am sure of it. It answers to you and you only," They heard Snape say.

"Does it?" Voldemort questioned Snape. "My Lord?" Snape asked not understanding. "The wand, does it truly answer to me? You're a clever man, Severus. Surely you must know. Where  does its true loyalty lie?" Voldemort asked. Rose and Harry watch their movement through the window.

"With you, of course, My lord," Snape said to Voldemort. "The Elder Wand  cannot serve me properly because I am not its true master. The Elder Wand belongs to the wizard who killed its last owner. You killed Dumbledore, Severus. While you live, the Elder Wand cannot truly be mine.  You've been a good and faithful servant, Severus but only I can live forever," Voldemort said, and Rose dreaded what was going to come next.

Rose jumped back as Snape hit the window. "Nagini, kill," Voldemort said and Rose saw through the window how Nagini bit Severus Snape.

Voldemort apparated away with Nagini. The four of them rushed in and Rose rushed to Snape's side. She held her hands on the wound on his neck. she was trying to stop the bleeding. Snape looked at Rose and Rose saw a few tears leave his eyes. They had a small glow to them. "Take them," Snape said to Rose. "Give me something. Quickly. A flask, anything," Harry said looking at Hermione. Hermione gave him a flask and he collected the tears.

"Take them to the Pensieve," Rose and Harry looked at the tears in Harry's hand. "Look at me," Snape said and both Rose and Harry looked at him. "You have your mother's eyes," He looked at Harry when he said that then he turned towards Rose. "You look just like her. Beautiful," Snape said and the  he let out his last breath as he closed his eyes.

"You have fought valiantly but in vain. I do not wish this. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a terrible waste. I therefore command my forces to retreat. In their absence dispose of your dead with dignity. Harry and Rosalie Potter, I now speak directly to you. On this night, you have allowed your friends to die for you, rather than face me yourselves. There is no greater dishonour. Join me in the Forbidden Forest and confront your fate. If you do not do this I shall kill every last man, woman and child who tries to conceal you two from me," Voldemort said.

The four of them made their way back to the castle, but when they reached the courtyard there was no one there.  They walked in and saw everyone either helping someone or dead bodies on the ground. Rose stopped in the distance as she saw the entire Weasley family standing around a body crying. It was Fred. Rose started to tear up as she saw him laying there. Near them was Tonks and Remus, who was also dead. Rose wondered what would happen with their son, Teddy.

Harry took Rose by the hand and led her away from there. They made their way towards Dumbledore's office where the Pensieve was. Harry took it out and poured the tears into the water. He looked at Rose and they both put their heads into the water.

There were two girl, one just a little older than the other. It was their mother and Aunt Petunia. Their mother made a flower grow with her magic. "Freak!" Petunia said to Lily. "Come here. I'm going to tell Mummy. You're a freak. You're a freak, Lily!" Petunia screamed at Lily. Suddenly a dark haired boy came from the base of a tree.

He picked up a fallen leave and made it float into the sky.  The scene moved to where Lily and the boy, who was most likely Snape, laid on the grass near a lake. "She's jealous, because she's ordinary and you're special," Snape said to Lily. "That's mean, Severus," Lily said to him.

The scene changed to where a group of first years where being sorted. Their mother was sorted into Gryffindor.  It showed how their mother met their father.  It changed again, to where Lily and Severus was walking down the corridor, Severus was carrying A stack of books, when James ran past them knocking into Severus, causing him to drop the books.

"Just like your father. Lazy. Arrogant," The voice of an older Snape came into the Memory. "Don't say a word against my father," Harry's voice filled the memory as well, as the James in the Memory smirked at Severus and Lily.
The memory changed to the one that Harry and Rose had a photo of. Their parents dacing, in what looks like the courtyard.

"Blood shall be spilt and servant and master shall be reunited once more." The voice of Trewlaney said. It showed an imaged of Voldemort. "Severus," Voldemort said. "No, don't kill me," Snape said.

"The prophecies did not refer to a woman. They spoke of a boy and a girl born at the end of July," Dumbledore said to Severus. "Yes, but he thinks it is her children," Snape said and he was almost crying. "He intends to hunt them down now, to kill them. Hide her. Hide them all. I beg you," Severus begged Dumbledore.

"What would you give me in exchange, Severus?" Dumbledore asked. "Anything," Severus said.

"Harry, Rose, you are so loved. So loved. Harry, Rose, Mama loves you. Dada loves you. Harry, Rose, be safe. Be strong," There was an memory of their mother who was in front of their cot, talking to them. "Avada Kedavra!' Voldemort shouted, they heard their mother scream and saw her fall.

The scene changed one more. This time they were in Dumbledore's office. "You said you would keep her safe," Snape said to Dumbledore. "Lily and james put their faith in the wrong person, Severus. Rather like you," Dumbledore said. Snape was crying.

"The twins survives," Dumbledore said to Snape. "They don't need protection. The Dark lord is gone," Snape said. "The Dark lord will return," Dumbledore informed Snape. "And when he does, the twins will be in terrible danger," Dumbledore said.

"The boy has her eyes, but the girl will look just like her," Dumbledore told Snape who was trying to not cry. "If you truly loved her,' Dumbledore started which made Snape look at him. "No one can know," Snape said to Dumbledore.

"That I should never reveal the best of you, Severus?" Dumbledore questioned. The imaged changed to one of the house in Godric Hollow.  "When you risk your life every day to protect the twins?" Dumbledore's voice said over te memory of Rose and Harry getting sorted into Gryffindor.

"He possesses no measurable talent, his arrogance rivals that of his father, and he seems to relish his fame," Snape said, he was only insulting Harry, he didn't say a word against Rose. "Don't say a word against my father," Harry said.

The imaged changed one again. Snape was pulling Harry down some stairs. "James Potter? Lazy, Arrogant," The memory changed again, this time it was Snape walking in a house. On the stairs was the bod of James Potter.  "My father was a great man," Harry said.  "your father was a swine!" Snape said. It showed Snape pulling Harry from one side of the room to the other.

"Drink the rest. It will contain the curse to your hand for the time being," Snape said to Dumbledore.  "it will spread Albus."
"How long?" Dumbledore asked. "Maybe a year," Snape guessed.  Snape then stood up and walked away.  "Don't ignore me, Severus. we both know Lord Voldemort has ordered the Malfoy boy to murder me. But should he fail, one should presume the Dark Lord  will turn to you," Dumbledore said. "You must be the one to kill me, Severus. It is the only way. only then will the Dark Lord trust you completely."

"There will come a time when the Potter twins must be told something. But you must wait until Voldemort is at his most vulnerable," Dumbledore said to Snape. "Must be told what?" Snape asked. "On the night Lord Voldemort  went to godric's Hollow to kill them,  and Lily Potter cast herself between Voldemort and the twins, the curse rebounded.  When that happened a part of Voldemort's soul  latched itself onto the only two living things it could find. The twins," Dumbledore said to Snape. "There's a reason they can speak with snakes. There's a reason they can look into Lord Voldemort's mind, even though, Rosalie has a resistance to it, she would be able to do it as well. A part of Voldemort lives in side of them."

"So when the time comes the twins must die?" Snape questions Dumbledore. "Yes. Yes. They must die," It showed a memory of Snape walking into the nursery where Lily was on the ground. He started cradling her body as he cried.
"You kept them alive so that they can die at the proper moment.  You've been raising them like pigs for slaughter," Snape sounded angry.

"Don't tell me now that you've grown to care for them?' Dumbledore said.  "Expecto Patronum," Snape said, and from the tip of he wand a doe formed. "Lily," Dumbledore said surprised. "After all this time?' Dumbledore questioned. "Always," Snape answered.

"So when the time comes  the twins must die?" 
"Yes. They must die. And Voldemort himself must do it.That is essential," Dumbledore said.

Rose and Harry pulled their head from the Pensieve and looked at one another. they knew what they had to do.     

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.6K 2.3K 25
REWRITE HAS BEEN POSTED AND CAN BE FOUND UNDER THE NAME STRANGE MAGIC (REWRITE). One day while shopping in Diagon Alley, Harry discovers something t...
386K 10.9K 35
Amy is a normal teenage witch. She lives her everyday life in complete normality. The one thing that separates her from the rest of the wizarding wor...
125K 3.5K 51
100.282 Words The Marauders juniors. Harry James Potter, Y/n Lily Potter, Hermione Jeanine Granger and Ronald Weasley, Harry and Y/n are the chosen o...
236K 5.4K 30
BOOK ONE. Olivia Potter didn't know the Wizarding world existed until her fourth year. She didn't know that she had a twin brother. She was left alon...