Fight Left In Me ✔

By Hankiebeer

[completed] ⋆ Fight or flight? Jo chose flight. Literally. Ran away from the man who abused her and got on t... More

Words from the author
Characters, Music & Other Extras
{1} Flight
{2} Heal
{3} Remedy
Chapter 4 - Truth
Chapter 5 - Summer Dance
Chapter 6 - Share
Chapter 7 - Stay
Chapter 8 - Broken
Chapter 9 - Closer
Chapter 10 - Love
Chapter 11 - Hungry
Chapter 12 - Strong
Chapter 13 - Gifted
Chapter 14 - Sexy
Chapter 15 - Emotion
Chapter 16 - Hero
Chapter 18 - Lust
Chapter 19 - Black
Chapter 20 - Together
Chapter 21 - Forever
Chapter 22 - Hit
Chapter 23 - Questions
Chapter 24 - Tears
Chapter 25 - Van
Chapter 26 - Shooting
Chapter 27 - Premiere
Chapter 28 - Darker
Chapter 29 - Fire
Chapter 30 - Lip
Chapter 31 - Rings
Chapter 32 - Feisty
Chapter 33 - Exposition
Chapter 34 - Banana
Chapter 35 - Strength
Chapter 36 - Maman
Chapter 37 - Puzzle pieces
Chapter 38 - Memories
Chapter 39 - Naked
Chapter 40 - Silence
Chapter 41 - Bikini
Chapter 42 - Dartplayer
Chapter 43 - Boss Lady
Chapter 44 - Cheesecake
Chapter 45 - Pink
Chapter 46 - Tongue
Chapter 47 - Dream
Chapter 48 - Red, white and blue
Chapter 49 - Party
Chapter 50 - Magic
Chapter 51 - Cherries
Chapter 52 - Blunt
Chapter 53 - Rebel
Chapter 54 - Special
Chapter 55 - Anarchy
Chapter 56 - Promise
Chapter 57 - I am yours
Words from the author
Bonus Chapter - Three years later.

Chapter 17 - Fighter

240 13 15
By Hankiebeer

A few days later, Jo wakes up in Dart's arms, feeling at home and relaxed. She takes in his scent and nuzzles his chest. He mumbles something and pulls her closer. Jo smiles against his chest and whispers. 

"Mister handsome? I need to get to work. You'll have to let me go." 

Dart mumbles a no and Jo bites his chest. He lets go of her and she quickly gets off the bed. He glares at her and she giggles, getting dressed, while he still looks a bit angry.

She brushes her teeth and fixes her hair and walks back towards the bedroom.

She leans against the door frame and blows a kiss at Dart. She knows better, than to give him a real kiss, because he will pull her into bed and she will be late. 

Dart moans and she says: "Bye lover. See you later."

She hums softly as she walks over to the cafe, greeting everyone on the way. She moved in with Dart, the first night back from San Francisco. There was no way she could sleep without him anymore.

It was hard at first, because it felt like losing Jake and her safe place. But she is getting used to it. And Jake is still there for her like old times. If anything it brought them closer, making the most of the time they do spend together.

Jo works in the cafe when Maria is in the boutique and helps out for bigger events.

She is about to walk in, when her phone beeps, thinking it's Dart she opens her messages. But she sees it's from Mister Tailor.

The dream girl part of the campaign goes live today. 

Jo smiles at her phone and walks through the door of the cafe and into the kitchen. Jake is seated at the kitchen table, not taking notice of her, totally lost in the newspaper.

Jo walks over to him, looks over his shoulder and sees the campaign page. Dart with an open shirt, thinking of her in the white dress. It looks very impressive, spread out on the entire page of the paper. 

Jake suddenly looks up at her with a weird look. He gets up to get some coffee and comes back with a cup for her too. He sits down, drinking his coffee and not saying a word. Jo sits down too, afraid to speak. 

Jake takes a deep breath and says: "So proud of you." 

Jo gets up and hugs him from behind with a big smile. He gets up and wraps his arms around her, pulling her against his chest.

They stand like that for a while, until Maria comes downstairs. She looks at them a bit confused and Jake points at the paper on the table. Maria walks over to look at it and gasps. 

"Wow Jo."

Jo walks over to Maria and they hug too. 

"I am telling you guys, this part is the most sexy part, the final part is the 'love of my life' part. So brace yourselves, those pictures and commercial are even prettier." 

Jake stares at her and says: "Can't wait to see it." 

They have breakfast together and Jo tells them about the photoshoot. They both look so proud, that Jo feels warm inside.

She checks her Instagram and finds a post from Dirk. 

He posted the dream girl picture of her and added: My muse. <3 

Jo replies to it with a kiss emote and looks at some other posts. She gets a notice that Dart posted a new picture and sees he posted the same one, Dirk posted. 

But he added: My dream girl. She left me all alone. All I have is this picture. 

Jo thinks for a second and decides to play his game. She searches for the add picture online and crops herself out of it. She posts the picture of Dart with his shirt open and types a line to go with it. 

Hard at work, while this sexy man is still in bed.

She laughs and puts her phone in her back pocket. Ready to get to work and serve the regulars their breakfast.

It's busy that morning and on top of that, most of the people in the cafe saw the ad and want to talk to her about it. Jo manages to talk to everyone and serve the food and drinks. But once the rush is over she collapses on a chair in the kitchen.

Jake walks in and hands her a cup of tea and she sips it, slowly relaxing. 

He sits down across from her and asks: "Are you okay?" 

Jo looks up at him: "Yeah. Just tired from all the guests wanting to know about the ad. I wonder how Dart does that. I want to stay nice, but I get more uncomfortable with every new question."

Jake places his hand on hers. 

"You look gorgeous though and those people just want to feel like they know this beautiful woman, so they can tell their friends all about it. And you are very approachable, Dart isn't for various reasons. But if it gets too much, give me a sign and I will come up with an excuse for you."

Jo smiles at Jake and nods at him as a thank you. She drinks more of her tea and takes out her phone. She has a new follower and sees it's Mister Tailor. She follows him back and sees the full ad on his page. She checks the replies. She sees a lot of positive ones and people asking if there's another part of the campaign. 

Dart replied to her picture. 

Taking a shower right now.
I'm coming over. 

Jo laughs at his message and replies with a kiss. 

She is standing behind the bar when he walks in, staring into her eyes as he walks over to her. He hugs and kisses her.

"That damn Dirk. With his muse." 

Jo laughs and sees some new guests come in, walking over to the bar with a newspaper. They want to hear more about the ad or even ask for Dart's autograph. Jo is tired of all the attention already and speaks up.

"Buy a drink and get an answer to one question. I am trying to work here people."

The guests go silent for a second and then start ordering. She hears a chuckle behind her and knows it Jake. 

"I thought you needed saving, but leave it to you to come up with something like that." 

Dart's phone rings and he kisses her and moves over to a table in the corner to pick it up. He smiles as he talks on the phone and Jo wonders who he is talking to. But she is too busy serving guests to ask him about it.

While she works, Dart's phone keeps ringing and he seems to enjoy all of the conversations. When she has a second to breathe, she walks over to him and sits down at his table. She hears the end of the conversation. 

"I'll ask her. Not promising anything though. Just send your proposal to my e-mail." 

Jo raises her eyebrows and Dart smiles at her. 

"Oh Jo, this ad is on fire. Everyone wants you, me or us together. It's hard to keep track and the final stage hasn't even begun yet." 

Jo gets nervous and chews her lip. 

Dart places his hand on her leg and says: "Don't worry about it. I told Mister Tailor and Dirk to send them all to me. And you don't have to accept any of it. I did get one really nice request though. Want to hear about it?" 

Jo is a bit curious and nods. 

"The designer of the dresses you wear in the campaign called. She really wants to do a mirror campaign with you. With you as the model, wearing clothes from her new collection and me as the guy in the campaign."

"She has already contacted Mister Tailor and Dirk and they both gave her the green light. If you say yes, we will have the shoot here in Venice and get to work with Monica and Dirk again." 

Jo sits there with her eyes wide and her mouth open, totally in shock. Her phone beeps and she sees messages from Mister Tailor, Dirk and Monica telling her to say yes. 

"So I can stay right here? Can we shoot in the cafe? Or in the boutique?" 

Dart dials a number on his phone and she listens to the conversation.

"Hey Dirk. Do you have artistic freedom for the campaign with Diana Design?"

Dart smiles and ends with: "I think she might. Thanks Dirk, I'll be in touch." 

Jo gives Dart a puzzled look. 

"Dirk was way ahead of you, he said he wanted to shoot in the cafe and in the boutique you got the black dress on the poster from." 

Jo pinches herself because it's not sinking in at all.

"Dart? Will you be there, every step of the way?" 

Dart hugs her lovingly and says: "Oh Jo, I would never let you do this alone. And I think it could be really awesome to have those two campaigns out there together. But if it's something you don't want to do, I will be fine with it."

"And watching you pose for the world to see is super hard, but you managed to do the same thing when we were working on the Tailor's Suits campaign. I love you Jo, so much. I'll do whatever you want me to do."

Jo takes a deep breath and says: "Yes, yes I want to do this. Just because it seems like a really natural thing to do. And I kind of want to thank Maria and Jake with it. I also might look forward to torturing you." 

Dart laughs and kisses her.

"Okay, I will call them and let them all know. They probably want to do this soon, catching up with Mister Tailor's campaign. You talk to Jake and Maria, okay?" 

Jo nods and gets up to talk to Jake.

Jake is behind the bar, looking at her and wondering what's going on. Jo smiles as they make eye contact and he instantly feels less worried. She sits down on a stool. 

"What would you say to the cafe as a backdrop for a fashion shoot? And the boutique too?" 

Jake raises his eyebrow: "What now?" 

Jo explains it all to him and he smiles wider by the second. 

"Ha, that would be awesome Jo. But are you sure? Hordes of people will come over here to see you." 

Jo nods and says: "Yes Jake and they will all have to order something to talk to me and it won't last forever. But I want to do it in the places I love. And give you free publicity." 

Jake walks around the bar and hugs her, kissing the top of her head.

"I would be honored, little sis. And Maria will scream when she hears about it. Go on and tell her." 

Jo runs out with a wide smile, waving at Dart and Jake.

She reaches the boutique and rushes in. Maria turns around to her with a surprised look on her face. Jo tells her all about the campaign and Jake predicted it right.

Maria screams and jumps up and down. Jo gets even more excited about it all, now that's she's seen Jake and Maria so happy about it.

A bit later, Jo walks back towards the cafe with her head in the clouds. She reaches the cafe, sees someone standing in front of the entrance and her blood instantly freezes. 

As if he felt her presence, he turns around. With a voice that cuts her like a knife he says: "So this is where you ran to." 

She puts her hand on one of the outdoor tables, trying to stay upright and unable to breathe. She desperately looks over his shoulder, hoping someone inside sees her and saves her from the devil himself. 

"You think you can run away from me like that? And then start a happy life with some sleazy guy?"

He lets out an evil laugh and slowly moves closer to her. 

Jo suddenly stands up tall and makes a fist, her eyes shooting fire at him. 

He takes a step back, shocked by the anger she displays. 

"What the fuck Mark? You think I give a damn about what you think? After all you've put me through?"

"And some sleazy guy? Really? Did you do your research? Do you have any idea who he is? And most of all how good he is to me? I will never ever let you scare me or touch me again! Come closer, I would seriously like to punch your lights out right now!" 

Mark's skin goes pale and his eyes go wide, not believing what he is seeing.

Jo uses his shocked state to get close to him fast and roughly pushes him into the cafe. He stumbles backward through the door and lands on his ass. Jo gets on top of him and punches him on the nose. 

Dart and Jake rush over to her and hold Mark back as he tries to grab her, blood spurting from his nose.

Dart puts his hand on Jo's shoulder and tries to calm her down. She looks up at him with eyes still full of rage, but her breathing calms down a bit as she looks into his concerned green eyes. 

She stands up and places her foot on Mark's crotch, looking down at him with an evil smile. She pushes her foot down and leans over to him.

"Did you miss me honey?"

She spits him in the face and walks off to the kitchen.

She collapses the second she reaches the other side of the door and starts shaking all over.

Dart rushes in and sits down next to her, pulling her onto his lap and holding her tight. He rubs her back and she hears his heart beat wildly. Jo cries against his chest, still shaking. 

Dart whispers: "It's okay love. I've got you. You're safe now." 

The shaking stops and Jo tries to take a deep breath, but it hurts in her chest. She relaxes her hands, but even that hurts. 

After what seems like hours, Jake walks in with a bottle of whiskey and three glasses. He sits down on the floor next to them and pours the whiskey into the glasses. 

Dart lifts Jo up and puts her down between his legs, her back against his chest. 

Jake puts a hand on her cheek and says: "Jo? You need to drink this okay? Come on, do it for me."

He hands her a glass and then gives one to Dart. Jake keeps looking at Jo and drinks all of his whiskey in one go, before filling up his glass again. Jo sips the whiskey and it warms her up inside and calms her down a bit more. 

Dart holds out his glass for another refill and Jake pours the whiskey into it.

All three of them start to calm down. And Jo starts to get some color on her cheeks again. Dart has an arm around her waist and Jake strokes her cheek. 

She looks up at Jake and in a broken voice she asks: "Where is he?" 

Jake swears and says: "On the first flight back to The Netherlands. I made sure some friends of mine took him to the airport. And they will stay by his side until he flies out of here. And I doubt he will ever come back, after seeing you like that."

Jo sees a flash of pride in Jake's eyes. 

She leans back against Dart's chest, while taking a deep breath and both men start to relax too.

Jake is the first one to laugh a bit and soon Dart and Jo start laughing too. Tears stream down Jo's cheeks, but not because of fear this time. 

"Damn little sister. I have never seen anything like it. That bastard pissed his pants from fear. And I hope that nose of his is broken. He better be in serious pain for a long time." 

Dart kisses her cheek and says: "I still can't believe what just happened. But I am sure of one thing. You don't need protection from any of us. Wow."

Jo gets up, shaking her arms and legs, trying to get the blood flowing again.

"I had no idea I was capable of that. I was frozen from fear at first. But I just couldn't let him think for a second that what I have here was something he could ruin. Thanks to you two, I know what love is supposed to be like. And that made me even angrier at him, for denying me that for so long."

Dart and Jake share a look and Jo looks at them both, asking: "What is that look for?" 

Dart chuckles and says: "I think we just can't believe you are real. You must be some heroin from a movie. Because you are so fucking strong. I am so proud of you for standing up for yourself like that. I cheered inside when you punched his nose. And the way you ended it? Unbelievable. That defeated look in his eyes... priceless."

Both of the men get up and hug her from the side, planting a kiss on her cheek. Jo feels stronger than ever and hugs them back with a wide smile on her face and an extra sparkle in her eyes. 

Dart lifts her up and tells Jake he is taking her home. Jake nods and ruffles Jo's hair. Dart carries her all the way to his house and she falls asleep in his arms on the way.

He puts her to bed and kneels down on the floor, promising to worship her for as long as he lives and thanking God for her. 

He wipes a tear from his cheek and walks into the living room to pour himself another drink. He sends a message to Jake, telling him she's asleep.

He lets himself fall on the couch with a sigh and tries to shake the bad feeling eating away at him. Jo was amazing, but what if she wouldn't have been? He rubs his arms, feeling very uncomfortable. 

He gets up to check on Jo and she looks like a sleeping angel. He grabs his keys and decide to go for a run, trying to clear his mind.

At the cafe, Maria is busy shoving Jake out of the door.

"Go for a run or go to the gym. Go! Move! I am fine here." 

Jake gives in and goes for a run. He was such a ball of nerves that Maria was feeling sick from it. 

Dart runs as fast as he can down the beach, until he can't run any more. With his hands on his knees he tries to control his breathing. As he looks up he sees Jake running up to him. 

Jake stops next to him, looking just as worn out as he must be looking. He nods at Jake and Jake places a hand on his shoulder. They sit down in the sand and stare at the sea. Jake is the first one to start speaking. 

"That was something, huh? Feeling guilty too? And worried what could have happened if she didn't get angry enough?" 

Dart nods and runs a hand through his hair.

He clears his throat and says: "Realizing what could have happened... That I didn't notice she was in trouble... I couldn't keep her safe... I am still afraid I am not good enough for her." 

Jake takes a deep breath and says: "I get you. I feel the same. But talking to Maria and thinking about it while running out here..."

"I am convinced that the best thing that could have happened for Jo, happened. She stood up to that bastard all on her own. He was all the fear she had in this world and she overcame it in such a powerful way, that she will never be that scared girl again."

He looks Dart in the eyes and says: "Please hear me when I say this... She became this strong, because of her life here. Because you showed her how a man is supposed to love a woman. Because I gave her a big brother to lean on."

"And let's face it, she healed us too. Maybe even more than the other way around. You are good enough, you're a perfect fit. You guys belong together, I have known it from the very start."

Jake gets up and takes another deep breath.

"And to be honest, we can't live without her, so might as well make the best of it."

He holds his hand out to Dart and pulls him up. Dart still looks worried and Jake punches him in the shoulder.

"Just go home and love her, love her like you have all this time." 

Jake starts running towards the cafe and Dart runs home. When he comes in, he checks on Jo and she is still asleep. He goes for a quick shower and lays down beside her. She immediately snuggles up to him and he falls asleep, with his nose in her hair.

Jo wakes up the next morning, to find that every muscle in her body aches. And that the knuckles of her right hand are swollen badly. She tries to make a fist and winces.

She sits up slowly and an ouch escapes her lips. Dart is not in bed and she smells coffee. She scoots over to the edge of the bed and gathers all her courage to get up.

She gets up and bites her lip, a tear rolling down her cheek from pain. She stumbles over to the mirror and looks at her scarred and bruised body in shock. 

She opens the door and sees Dart sitting at the breakfast bar with a distant look. She tries to make sure he doesn't see the pain she is in as she walks up to him. But he looks her over and sees all the cuts and bruises.

He helps her onto the stool and gets her a glass of water and a painkiller. He pours her a cup of coffee as well and places it all in front of her. She swallows the painkiller with some water and sips her coffee, hoping the medicine will kick in fast.

Dart hasn't said a word yet and Jo starts to get very nervous.

She looks at him with tears in her eyes and whispers his name. He walks over to her and hugs her softly, afraid of hurting her. 

In a broken voice she asks: "Will you please hold me close? I don't feel so good." 

Darts holds her to his chest, with his chin on her head and she starts breathing again. She feels Dart relax and she lets out a sigh. 

She whispers: "Better." 

Dart steps back and looks deep into her eyes, trying to figure out how she is doing. 

Jo lifts her head to kiss him softly and whispers: "Even better." 

Dart smiles slightly and Jo grabs her cup of coffee and drinks it in one go. She walks towards the counter to refill her cup and sip it, moving a tiny bit easier than before. She breathes out slowly and moves the fingers of her right hand again.

With a sad look in her eyes she says: "What about the photoshoot? I can't do it looking like this."

Dart answers: "I told Dirk about it and he swore in Dutch for a full ten minutes. He then promised me he would take care of everything and to focus on you for now. So please don't worry about that." 

Jo sighs and then drags her body to the couch and sinks down on the floor in front of it. A tear rolls down her cheek again.

"I am guessing something changed last night. Do you want me to move back in with Jake?"

Dart lifts his head in shock and rushes over to her, kneeling down. "What the hell Jo? Do you?"

 Jo shakes her head, sobbing. 

Dart pulls her close and whispers: "I love you so much. I am never letting you go. I am just shaken by what happened and feel like I should have saved you from him. I left you all alone to face him. It makes me feel really bad." 

Jo wipes her tears and holds his face in her hands, waiting for him to look into her eyes.

"Dart, you did save me from him. I was paralyzed by fear as soon as I recognized him. Without you, I would have never been strong enough to fight him. He insulted you and what we have together and that gave me that spark of anger to push him into the cafe. I wasn't going to let him stop me from being with you."

"And when you showed up in my line of sight and touched my shoulder, that's when I knew I was going to be okay."

They both cry, holding each other close and letting all their emotions run free. And what stays is an even deeper love for each other.

Dart lifts her up,  sits her down on the breakfast bar and opens a cabinet to get the first aid kit out. He kisses the bruises and cleans up the cuts.

He puts a bandage on her hand, after he cleaned the cuts on her knuckles and then kisses that too. He is so precise and tender that Jo can't help but smile. He leans in for a kiss and Jo wraps her arms around his neck, tilting her head a bit, as she pulls him close.

Her phone vibrates from the living room and Dart gets it for her. It's a message from Jake. 

My strong, little sister.
How are you doing today?
If you are up for it, please come over and hug me.
I need it.

Dart can tell by the look on her face that it's Jake and lifts her off the breakfast bar. He holds his hand out to her and Jo knows there's no need to tell him where she needs to go. 

They walk over there, hand in hand and Jo gets more tense, the closer they get to the cafe. Dart squeezes her hand to give her support as Jo freezes on the terrace. She lifts Dart's hand to her lips and kisses it, taking a deep breath and walking into the cafe. 

Jake sees her come in and walks over to her fast. He spreads his arms and Jo steps into them, hugging him tight. Jake feels like he can breathe again and looks up at Dart to see how he is doing. At least he seems to be doing a bit better than yesterday.

They sit down in the kitchen and talk about last night, Jo tells them about the part they missed and the men express how proud and scared they were when Mark fell into the cafe.

Dart and Jo tell Jake what happened when they were in the kitchen and Jake tells them what happened at the same time on the other end of the door. 

"I held Mark down and called some friends from the gym. They arrived within minutes and drove that bastard over to the airport."

"They waited until he was on a plane back to The Netherlands. The bastard was so scared that he kept crying and saying: "Don't kill me."

"My friends are very eager to meet you. They thought I had punched and scared him. So I set them straight and told them it was all you. They were very intrigued because of how terrified your ex was."

Both men look up startled as Jo bursts out in laughter, tears flowing from her eyes. Soon Dart and Jake join her, laughing away all their fear. 

"Everything hurts and I am bruised and cut all over. But dear God it was worth it all. And I can't wait to pose in those dresses, hoping he will see me everywhere he turns."

Dart thinks for a second and then a wicked smile appears on his lips.

"I think that can be arranged."

He takes out his phone and asks: "Jo, can you write out that bastards full name and maybe where he lives and works?"

Jo finds a piece of paper and writes it all down, while Darts dials a number.

"Hey Dirk. I need your help with something."

He walks out of the backdoor talking, leaving Jo and Jake to wonder what he's up to. He walks back in after a while, smiling wide.

"Done."

Jo looks confused and Dart explains: "Dirk is helping me, because it's easier when you speak Dutch. But both of the campaigns will be in every local paper, magazine and most of all on every billboard Mark might run into."

"We will also send him some nice magazines as a complimentary gift. And Dirk says he knows the owner of the gallery across the street from Mark's house and that the owner would be happy to put Dirk's work in the window."

Dart stretches out, smiling wide. 

Jake stands up and high fives Dart: "Hell yeah. Let's pour some salt into his wounds."

Dart says: "I feel a whole lot better now that I am actively doing something."

He looks over at Jo and sees her sparkling eyes and an evil smile. 

"Oh Dart, you have no idea. Only the thought of it all makes me feel so good. It felt great to punch him in the face and all that. But this? This is sweet revenge." 

Jake messes up her hair and says: "We're throwing a party tonight. To celebrate the strongest woman I have ever met. I will buy a lot of 'Grolsch' and Ronnell can make a cheesecake tower or something." 

Jo laughs and says: "All right. Invite your friends from the gym. I am up for a party."

That night Jo's waiting in the kitchen of the cafe, ready for the party to start. Maria brought her a blue, off-shoulder jumpsuit, which perfectly covers all the bruises, but still makes her feel sexy.

Dart walks in, looking handsome in a dress shirt and some tight pants. Soon after that Jake comes down, looking pretty good too. Jo smiles at them and they both whistle at her. Jake takes her hand and walks her out to the bar. 

Jo freezes in the door opening, because there are a lot of people there and they decorated the entire cafe. Jo sees Maria standing on the side. Maria winks at her and Jake pushes her forward slightly.

The entire cafe starts to applaud and Dart lifts her arm up, like she won a boxing match. Jo finally snaps out of her shock and takes a bow. 

Jake speaks up and says: "Tonight is to celebrate this amazing woman! My self chosen little sister and stronger than any of us here. Have a drink, eat something, dance, sing, but most of all worship her!"

He walks over to his phone, connected to the speaker, to start his special playlist. It's filled with songs about strong women and the rock music Jo loves.

Jake comes up to her with five really buff looking guys behind him. He checks her eyes first to see if she will be okay with meeting them. But she is more relaxed than ever and gives him a nod. 

The biggest guy out of all of them hugs her really carefully and says: "It is a true pleasure to meet you Jo. Jake and Dart always brag about you in the gym, but I never really believed them."

"But now... after seeing what you did to your bastard of an ex? I believe them and I will have some story to tell about you myself. If there's ever anything you need, come to the gym. There will always be someone there to help you." 

Jo smiles wide and thanks him.
"I will keep that in mind. I feel safer here every day." 

The other guys step forward and pat her on the back or shake her hand, all checking her out with respect in their eyes. Jo can tell they are all the sweetest guys, wrapped in a tough, muscly package. 

She feels Dart's strong arms wrap around her from behind, telling her he is proud of her. Jake taps her shoulder and hands her a 'Grolsch', she opens it and hands it to Dart with a cheeky smile. He raises his eyebrow, remembering the last time she was drinking one. Jo sees his hesitation and chuckles. 

"Go on handsome, take a sip, I am willing to share everything with you from now on." 

Dart's mouth opens a bit stunned and then quickly takes a sip. "Hmm, that is good beer." 

Jo takes the bottle from him to take a sip herself. She comes even closer and kisses him passionately.

"Hmm, yes."

Jo jumps up when she hears the next song on Jake's playlist and runs over to Jake to dance with him, singing along loudly. 

"...We weren't born to follow. You gotta stand up for what you believe...

Soon everyone joins in and they all sing along, Jo in the middle with a wide smile on her face. Dart takes pictures of her all night and films her singing and dancing, because it's impossible not to. She is the star of the night.

She drinks a beer with the gym guys and arm-wrestles them one by one with a wide smile on her face. She dances with Maria, who tells her that she is really proud of her and that she loves her. Jo wipes a tear away and hugs Maria tight.

She talks to the regulars there, who all want to know if she really beat up her ex. She tries to give them a little more details, without telling them too much. 

She also eats a few of Ronnell's mini cheesecakes, thanking him for them with a wild dance and a kiss on his cheek. Ronnell smiles for the rest of the night, telling everyone how great she is.

It is getting late and eventually she sits down on a stool at the bar, catching her breath and smiling at Dart. Dart sits down next to her and she asks Jake to play 'Fighter'.

Jake winks at her and finds the song on his playlist. Jo waits for the song to start, with a strong look in her eyes and Dart lifts his phone up to record her.

She winks at him, looking into the camera with a fierce look, as she sings along to her favorite part:

'Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter'

The people in the cafe whistle and yell and Jo smiles at them, completely relaxed by the fact that they all heard her sing. 

She asks Jake for a glass of water and drinks it fast, before walking over to the speaker, to plug her own phone in, picking her playlist called 'steamy'. It starts with 'Paradise City' and she moves over to Dart, dancing real close to him with a naughty look in her eyes. 

Jake leans over to her and says: "We better wrap this party up if you started that playlist." 

Jo laughs and dances with her arm around Dart's neck, Dart staring deep into her eyes and every next song is naughtier than the one before. The last people walk out of the cafe and Jo kisses Dart passionately, running her nails across his back.

Jake calls last song and Jo smiles as she hears the intro to 'I Like It Heavy'. Dart stares at her, amazed by the look in her eyes. She dances and sings along, while her moves get sexier. 

Jake unplugs her phone, as soon as the song ends and gives it to her.

"Take her home Dart, quickly."

He chuckles, when he sees Jo nod and Dart blush slightly. 

They run out and as soon as they are home Jo takes him on the ride of his life. She is wild and a bit drunk, but very confident and unashamed.

He is dying tonight, for sure.

When she finally falls asleep next to him, satisfied and rosy, he touches the bite marks on his body with a smile. 

He takes his phone from the nightstand and uploads part of a video he shot that night, tagging Jo in it.

He lays down on his back, thinking about everything that happened, feeling Jo move closer to him and laying her head down on his chest. He wraps his arm around her and kisses her forehead, whispering: "I love you so much my little fighter. I am never letting you go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 1.2K 40
A Second Chance. This is my first ever story. This is a fictional story about Herophine with some bits that may/may not be true. Jo & Hero meet up a...
104 0 9
A girl is unsure about life, she is always underestimating herself but as she meets new friends and reconciles with the old ones, she finds out that...
3.3K 218 30
"Even after all this time, I find your smile brighter than the sun. And I find your color more mesmerizing than all the colors in the rainbow." ...
187 12 8
**** UPDATES EVERY OTHER DAY ! **** After two years in a toxic relationship Elyse strays with a new guy during a girls night out. It was suppose to b...