We Meet Again | e.d

By potterxstronomy

It's now been five years since Xylie left and she has built herself good life, as a singer and a YouTuber. Sh... More

O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
S I X T E E N
NOTICE (important)
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
E P I L O G U E

F I F T E E N

107 7 1
By potterxstronomy

Ethan's P.O.V

She's single?
Yes!
-No?

I don't know what to think of Xylie being newly single again. Of course I never stopped loving her, but maybe she stopped loving me? I mean I was a dick to her when we were seeing each other. I should just talk to her.

"So..." I start, but to my surprise don't end up finishing.

"What do you wanna say?" She asks, slightly shocking me.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Come on Ethan. I know you. Whenever you start a conversation with 'so...' you either have a question or want something." She looks at me as I stand there dumbfounded but quickly recover.

"I um, I guess this time it's kind of both a question and something I want but, now that I think of it - now isn't really the time. You'll know; but my timing's really off. I don't even know what I'm saying..." I start rambling, "...or why I'm so afraid to even be having this conversation. What I'm trying to say is that I know you've forgiven me for what I did to you and why I couldn't tell you why I did it. I did what I did because Demi threatened me with you and the twins. I knew you were gonna get hurt but I knew what she was capable of and I knew she had her reasons to harm you, even though they weren't just. I just thought that it was safer for me to," I swallow as I begin to silently cry, "sleep with her and break your heart, what she wanted, than to risk whatever the hell she was planning to do to you and the twins. I couldn't let anything happen to them, or you. She made me swear not to tell you and I know this would be a sad excuse, so I'm not trying to excuse myself. I just wanted you to know. I never wanted to or intended to hurt you, but in the moment I panicked and I did and for that I really am sorry. I really did love you; when you left I lost myself."

As a single tear ran down her cheek, she engulfed me into a rather tight embrace; letting out a sigh of what I can only assume would be relief, she kissed one of my tear-stained cheeks and left the room.

Even though at this very moment I had no reason to feel guilty, I did, and I don't know why. I had mixed emotions. It was like I had been washed in guilt, filled with regret - but there was a quiddity of some sort of emotion that I couldn't identify. After all this time, almost six years since the biggest mistake of my life, you have the means to tell me I can't even understand my own fucking feelings?

Fuck sake.

I'm twenty-one years old, I have two almost six-year-old sons and feelings that never left for someone so special that even though I'm a grown man I cower under the reminder of being fifteen and in love with my best friend, unable to tell her. This feels like high school, it really does.

I need some sort of happy distraction, a form of joy, even if it lasts for a second. Wow. I'm an idiot, I'm a father.

I wanna play with my sons.

Author's note: Okay so I know it's been a hell of a long time and this is a depressingly short part but just take a sec... HAVE MY WRITING SKILLS IMPROVED OR WHAT?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

791 28 26
Athena and Ethan have been friends for years, Grayson always picked and made fun of Athena. Then one day, everything changed "grayson was different w...
3.9K 152 32
You only get to see the lives of @graysondolan @ethandolan @jamescharles on the screens of your devices. What really happens behind the scenes of the...
989K 15.6K 48
What happens when a girl meets Emma Chamberlain in a grocery store? RANKINGS: #1 - dolantwins #1 - graysondolan #1 - ethandolan #1 - jamescharles #1...
90.6K 2K 23
Arabella grew up in New Jersey and was always friends with Ethan and Grayson. But when she was 13, her mom and dad made her move to California, from...