Reckless Love

By babystar42

Elena Gilbert. She's famous practically, being a doppelganger and coming back from the dead after being sacri... More

I Love You
A Date from Hell
A Proposal
Shocking Revelations
A Perfect Day
Happy Birthday
Aimee Marie Salvatore
Fights, Cuteness, and Surprises
More Revalations
Thank You
10 Years Later
Save Me
I Remember
Tragedy Strikes Those Who Love Another
A Surprise Guest and A Ball
Issues and Resolutions
Memories of Us
Blood Sharing and A Missing Person
New Orleans, Louisiana
Romance Troubles
5 Months Along
With Life Comes Death
Epilogue
Author's Note

Surprises

2.9K 45 2
By babystar42

The whole world starts spinning. I stand up and I slide down the wall, running my fingers through my hair. How was this even possible? Elena starts shaking and fearfully looks over at me.

"Klaus, how is this possible?" She squeaks.

"When the first doppelganger was turned, she fell for her sire. After they slept together for the first time, they discovered she was pregnant. And only the vampire who turned her could get her pregnant because of the blood."

"How do you know?"

"Because I myself fathered the child." Elena goes wide eyed.

"It runs through the Petrova line. Even if you have a boy or girl, the gene will be passed on."

"I'm really pregnant?" Meredith nods. Elena goes over to me. She kneels on the ground and puts her hand on my knee and I let a sob escape my lips.

"I'm so sorry Elena."

"Hey, look at me." I look up at her.

"I love you. I'm old enough to be a mother. I'm so glad it's your baby, Damon." I pull her lips to mine and we start heading for the door.

"Damon, Elena, wait!" We both turn.

"I need to run a few more tests. And also, we need to confirm if the baby's a human or a vampire to measure how much blood Elena would have to drink in a day in order to keep the baby healthy if it is a vampire."

"I'm gonna run home and get you a change of clothes." She nods then I head out the door. When I come back, Elena is asleep. I gently shake her.

"Elena, I have your clothes and makeup remover and stuff." She nods and takes the bag into the bathroom. Meredith comes in and smiles.

"Congratulations, your baby is a vampire." Elena comes out I pull her into me.

"Well congrats Mr. Salvatore."

"On what Miss Gilbert?"

"You got a girl pregnant." I laugh and she crawls in the hospital bed. After she falls asleep, I gently place my hand on her stomach as I hear the baby's heartbeat.

"Hey there munchkin. I'm your daddy. I can't wait to meet you." I take the black velvet box out my pocket.

"Do you think Mommy will like it? This ring belonged to my mom. Although I'm not giving it to her just yet. I'm giving it to her in February on Valentine's Day." Elena stirs so I put it back in my pocket. Jeremy comes in and I smile at him.

"Why is she in here?"

"We have some amazing news." I whisper. He shrugs.

"Elena's currently carrying a baby."

"What?"

"Hey, what'd I miss?" Alaric comes in and smiles at us.

"You missed the fact that my sister's pregnant." Jeremy says with a grin on his face.

"Damon, I wanted to tell them."

"Sorry Elena." She smiles at all of us then sits up.

"I now have to talk to them in private." She groans. I bring them out in the hall.

"So, I wanted to ask you two something, since Alaric, you are the main father figure in her life, and Little Gilbert, you are her little brother. So I was wondering," I take the diamond ring out of my pocket, "if you would both give me your blessing to marry Elena."

"What about my daughter?" I turn around to see John Gilbert.

"I thought you were dead."

"Little did I know, I had vampire blood in my system when I died." I gulp. Great, now I have to suck up to this asswipe.

"Why is Elena in the hospital?"

"Wow, I'm so gonna get a stake in my heart..."

"I'll ask again, Damon. Why is Elena here and why are you here instead of Stefan?"

"Question A will be answered after question B. Second one, I'm dating and I'm completely and madly in love with your daughter."

"And question A?"

"She's here because... she's currently carrying my child."

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah... Elena's pregnant."

"That's impossible."

"Rare, not impossible."

"I'll ask another question. Is my daughter still human?" I sigh.

"No..."

"And what are you asking me?"

"I'm tempted to get on my knees and bed you for your blessing to marry your daughter."

"You expect me to give you my blessing to marry my daughter after you turned her into a vampire and got her pregnant?"

"John, I love her. I was there for her after Stefan left her and I prevented her from committing suicide and now she's pregnant with my baby and again I'll say it, I love her. I love her more than my own life. I would die for her."

"Let me see her."

"Right this way." We head into the room and I tell him to hold back.

"Hey Elena. I have a neutral surprise for you." John steps out of the shadows and Elena gasps.

"Daddy?" I'm so confused.

"Hey Elena." She gets out of the bed and wraps him in a hug.

"Your letter changed everything. I'm sorry. You'll always be my dad."

"What changed?"

"My dad, he used a vampire to compel me to I guess hate you when I didn't. How are you alive?"

"I don't know how or when, but I had vampire blood in my system and when I died, I came back. And I'm so glad that I did. He wraps her in a hug and mouths thank you to me. When they pull back he smiles. He nods at me saying he approves. We chat for a little while then Elena is released. We head home and she smiles.

"So... I wonder if munchkin wants a twin." She slaps me on the shoulder and I smile at her. She gently presses her lips to mine and she smiles when we pull away. 

"I love you Elena."

"I love you too Damon. And because we love each other, can we always tell each other everything?"

"Of course." Tears come to her eyes.

"After Georgia, when we came back, I started getting sick. Really sick. So I went to a doctor and the doctor told me that... I was... pregnant." My eyes go wide and she gets up off the couch.

"Be honest with me. When we slept together in Georgia, did you do some sort of spell to make yourself human?" I'm so confused.

"No. How is that even possible? Where is the baby now?"

"I had John take him. He doesn't know that he's yours. I told him though. He's bringing him over tomorrow."

"You had the baby? Where? When?"

"When Bonnie and I went to Syracuse and I had him there. John flew out and took him."

"Why didn't you ever tell me?"

"I thought it was better that way. And we both promised never to bring it up."

"How do you know he's mine?"

"Because I took some of your blood from Meredith then I took some of my blood and mixed it, then John sent some of Alex's blood and it was identical."

Georgia, 6 years ago

"Lexi was good. That means you're good. Be better than him." He throws Damon down and  Elena breathes out.

"Thank you."

"It wasn't for you." He flashes away and Elena runs over to Damon.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Did he hurt you?" He gently places a hand on her cheek. She moves it off.

"No."

"Come on. Bree has a spare room." They both stand up and Elena suddenly presses her lips against his. When they pull away,  Elena goes to run but he pulls her in by her waist and kisses her again. Damon picks her up by her knees and they  walk inside Bree's. He sets Elena down on the pool table and his hands move up to her thighs. He moves down to her neck and she tugs at the hem of his shirt.

Morning After...

Elena opens her eyes to find herself in a room she's never seen. She looks down to find herself in a black John Varvatos shirt. Wait, Stefan doesn't wear- she stops her thoughts as someone shifts beside her. She flips around to see- not Stefan, but his older brother. She tries to sneak out but is startled by a voice.

"I hope you're not thinking of sneaking out because I'm your ride back to Mystic Falls." I clench my eyes shut.

"How the hell did this happen?"

"I'm not all sure what you're referencing. The Lexi thing or the you and me, having sex all night thing."

"Why didn't you stop us?!? You knew this wasn't right!" She yells, turning around to the arrogant, half naked vampire.

"News flash, I don't care. I don't give a damn about my brother. And actually, I tried to stop you once, but you just shut me up by kissing me. So, not my fault that you begged me to have sex with you." He stands up and comes over to me.

"You look pretty sexy in my shirt though." She folds her arms over her chest and he leans against the door frame. She rolls her eyes and picks her phone up. Her face falls. 8 missed calls from Stefan.

"How the hell am I going to talk to Stefan after this?"

"Don't forget he lied to you."

"I had sex with you, his older brother. I think that tops lying to me about the girl you are supposedly in love with."

"Ah yes. I guess you were just something to pass the time." Elena's heart breaks a little.

"Ouch." She says quietly. She quickly shakes it off.

"We need to get back to Mystic Falls. This never happened."

"Deal doppelganger."

"What did you just call me?"

"Well, that's what you are. A doppelganger is a supernatural reoccurence of one's self. You are Katherine's doppelganger." She nods. They both pull their clothes on and they head out to the car.

End of Flashback

I got Elena pregnant at 17. What in hell was I thinking?!?

"Anyways, we have a son. His name is Alex Salvatore."

"Why my last name?"

"Isn't that what parents do when they have a baby? The baby takes the father's name?"

"I want to see him now." She nods and goes to call John. I pour myself a bourbon, contemplating the high possibility of me already having a son. Soon there's a knock at the door. Elena gets up to answer it.

"Hey baby, how are you?" She picks someone up and I stand. Elena turns around with a little boy in her arms.

"Hey Alex, I want you to meet someone. This is Damon Salvatore. He's your daddy." A little boy with dark brown hair peeks out at me. I see one crystal blue eye then the other. She sets him down and I squat down to his height. He runs over to me and smiles. He throws his arms around my neck and I feel tears fall out of my eyes. Soon we pull out of the hug and Elena leans over.

"Hey Lex, how would you like to live with Daddy and me?" He shouts excitedly then Elena scoops him up. I smile at them. I have a son. A son. But... how exactly did I get Elena pregnant as a human? And why couldn't Stefan? I dial Klaus.

"Hello?"

"Get Caroline and come over. You're gonna want to see this." There's a knock on the door. I go answer it.

"What part of the story did you leave out?" I say immediately.

"So you figured it out."

"Not on my own." Elena hands me Alex then goes into the kitchen.

"Who is that?"

"This is my son."

"What?" I set him down and cover his ears.

"Elena and I, when we went to Georgia, we slept together. Little did I know, I got her pregnant."

"So?"

"So she was human. How the hell can that happen?"

"Did I ever mention that it's not just Elena that's a doppelganger?"

"What? Who else?"

"You, mate. The reason behind the vampire procreation was the fact that when a doppelganger is turned, they can still procreate. Of course, Elena was human so she could procreate. And you. You can procreate because you're a doppelganger and you were turned."

"I've slept with human girls over my century and a half."

"This part, you'll be overjoyed with. You might want to sit down and get Elena." I go in the kitchen to get her.

"You might want to hear what Klaus has to say." She comes into the living room.

"You two, are both doppelgangers as I've explained. The only living doppelgangers. Doppelgangers are fated to fall in love. On occasion, there is a mix up. Katerina, for example. She first was fated to be with you, Damon. But then she fell for Stefan. You two were intended to be the last living doppelgangers. But that wasn't the case. When you met Elena, you fell for her immediately, am I correct?" I gulp. This is the only thing I've ever hidden from Elena.

"Yes." She looks over at me.

"What?"

"I lied to protect you. I wanted to get myself under control before I told you I was in love with you." She smiles.

"Back to the story. Damon you fell for Elena. Elena, can you say the same?"

"What?"

"When did you figure out you were in love with Damon?"

"After we went to Georgia." I look over at her.

"That's the fate of the doppelgangers. You two were literally made for each other." Caroline and Klaus leave. Elena takes Alex upstairs to go to bed. I sit on the couch, my mind literally blown. After all those years I spent loving Elena, she and I are meant to be together. And now we are. She comes back downstairs.

"Do you believe it?" I ask her. She jumps over the back of the couch and straddles me.

"I believe it with every inch of my heart." I press my lips against hers and we just sit there, sharing kiss after kiss, smiling, laughing. We go upstairs and Elena changes then crawls in bed.

"I love you Damon."

"I love you too Elena." 

When I wake up, Elena and Alex are gone. I go downstairs to the smell of pancakes. I see a tall stack of them on a plate then a note.

Damon,

I went to get Alex registered for school, I won't be back for a little while. I left you some pancakes as you can probably see :) I love you, I'll be back soon.  ~Elena <3

I smile then I grab a couple of pancakes and head into the living room. I grab a video game and I slide it in. I see an envelope on the table. It says Damon on it so I open it. I see an ultrasound of the baby. I smile and I run my thumb over the tiny spec that is my baby. I lay on the couch staring at it. I put it on the bulletin board in the kitchen, then I grab a sticky note and write 1 Month In. I smile then I eat. After I'm done, I shower and when I'm buttoning my shirt, I hear the door open.

"Damon! I'm home!" I go downstairs and I smile at her.

"There are my girls."

"Plural?"

"I'm talking about you and our daughter."

"We don't know the gender yet."

"I bet it's a girl."

"What are we betting?"

"Whoever wins the bet gets to decide what her middle name will be."

"Deal. What are you thinking?"

"Aimee Marie Salvatore."

"I like the first name. It's classic yet unique."

"What are you thinking?"

"Toby James Salvatore."

"It's a done deal." We both laugh then I pull her into me. I press my lips to hers then I lean down and press my lips to her stomach. I hold her close and she smiles.

"Dance with me." She whispers. I smile and she grabs her i-pod and we go into the living room. She turns on Halo by Beyoncé and I pull her close to me. I put one hand on her waist and I intertwine my right hand with hers. She presses against me and wraps her arm around my neck. She leans her forehead against mine and we sway to the music. I spin her then she kisses me softly.

"Do you have any idea how much I love you?" I whisper. Tears well up in her eyes then we sway to the music, wrapped in each other's arms, safe at last.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 539 17
Here's the sequel to "Soul Connection" You don't really have to read "Soul Connection" to understand this sequel, so if you're a first time reader go...
1.1K 26 7
Her sister had her story, now it was her turn. Elena Gilbert has fought and loved; won and lost, but now it was Sofia's turn. Sofia Gilbert was Elena...
996K 18.4K 25
In a small town called mystic falls Nina Gilbert , her twin brother Jeremy and her older sister Elena are grieving over the loss of their parents. No...
202K 5.2K 22
(Y/n) Gilbert was one of the most outgoing people you could ever meet, but when her parents died in an accident things became very rough. What once w...