I'M HIS (#Wattys 2019)

By AnnieoneT

Hunter Reign. King of all werewolves. Dangerous. Killing Machine. Mystery. Power. Those are the words my peop... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1 : The Job
Chapter 2 : The Plan
Chapter 3 : The Three Musketeers
Chapter 4 : The King
Chapter 5 : The Message
Chapter 6 : The Meeting
Chapter 7 : The Reason
Chapter 8 : The Moon
Chapter 9 : The first day
Chapter 10 : The Start
Chapter 11 : The Heat
Chapter 13 : The Scent and The Princess
Chapter 14 : The Whisper
Chapter 15 : The Book
Chapter 16 : The Eyes
Chapter 17 : The Return
Chapter 18 : The News
Chapter 19 : The Wrath
Chapter 20 : The Rage
Chapter 21 : The Calm
Not A Chapter!! (But please read)
Chapter 22 : The Truth
Chapter 23: The Beach House
Questions for my lovely lovely lovely readers❤️

The Chapter 12 : The Secret and Goodbyes

11.6K 225 33
By AnnieoneT

"Baby take my hand, I want you to be my husband,

Cause' you're my iron man

And I Love You 3000."

- I Love You 3000, Stephanie Poetri

.

.

.

.

.

To say that the Heat kicked my ass was the understatement of the year. By the time the sun is rising I was completely exhausted, laying in bed in the arms of my mate, who might I add is as tired and spent as I was. We couldn't even sleep for an hour before the pain started creeping in back to me, making me scream my head of. I looked towards my mate's sleeping figure, poor guy had to endure not only my screams but he had to control his wolf to make sure we didn't mate. I smiled and brushed his hair with my fingers, before reaching down and kissing his cheek.

"Thank you", I whispered out. Kissing him once more. However this time, his eyes fluttered opened. His beautiful brown eyes starred back at mine, making me smile even wider.

"Good morning beautiful." He said, his voice sounding deeper than usual, making me shiver at the sound.

I chuckled at his pet name, beautiful? Yeah, right. I probably looked like a cat that just dragged around the woods by a five year old.

"Oh yes, I'm very beautiful alright." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes at him. Making him chuckled at the amount of sass I had.

We laid there in silence, just him starring at me, smiling. However his eyes suddenly clouded, which tells me that someone was mind linking him. A small growl left his lips soon after and his eyes turned back to the beautiful brown eyes I loved. His features turned dark and cold before he quickly threw the sheet off him and got up, making me frown.

"Where are you going?"  I asked, making him stop and look at me.

His sad eyes indicated that I wasn't gonna like anything that he's going to tell me.

"I have to go." He said softly, making me scrunch up my face in confusion.

"Where are you going?" I asked worriedly, I mean, I know he was the King and all and I knew he had a ton of work to do, but this...this felt different.

He kept standing there, looking at me with sad eyes, and not saying a word. I starred back at him before it suddenly clicked in my head.

"No. You're leaving me again?" I said, sitting up and throwing the covers off me, getting out of the bed.

Hunter sighed and looked down, shaking his head. "Baby..." He started before I cut him off.

"Don't you dare 'Baby' me. Hunter, we've barely even seen each other and I've known you for a month now. We've been mates for a month but I've only seen you 3 times. 3 freaking times Hunter. This is not healthy and you know that! New mates aren't supposed to be apart from each other for too long, you can't do this to me." My voice broke at the last part. He knows this ! He's the king for goddess sake!

Newly mates were rarely apart from each other in the first 3 - 4 months. This was because the mate bond between the 2 wolfs are still so attached to one another that if  2 mates were to be apart from each other too long it would literally take a toll on them, physically. The human's health will slightly deteriorate and the wolf...they would just become snappy, brooding creatures that could literally lose their mind with the slightest threat.

I looked at Hunter's slouched figure with tears in my eyes, causing my vison to get slightly blurry. I tried to blink the tears away and yet they managed to escape.

"Well? Talk to me!" I raised my voice, my wolf beginning to panic at the fact that her mate was leaving her soon.

"Hunt-!"

"I KNOW!" He suddenly boomed out, his brown eyes turning a shade bit darker, making me stand in my place.

"I know that god damnit! What do you want me to do? I'm the King and I have a duty towards my people! I have to protect my Kingdom, my Land, my Pack! When a threat towards my Kingdom arises I can't just stand there and do nothing Milea! I'm the fucking leader here! I have to protect what's mine." He growled out, his face laced with fury, fury towards me. His chest was puffing up and down, trying so hard not to lose control.

My wolf whimpered at his words and it was then that we realized. We were not his priority. We were nothing more then a secret that must be kept hidden. Hidden and locked away to make sure that the Kingdom doesn't get harmed. Because once my identity is revealed, an enemy will try and harm me, and the consequence of that would be the death of many people in the Kingdom and Underdweller.

I took a deep breath in and slowly let it out. C'mon Milea, you're stronger then this. Stop being such a whimp.

I looked at him dead in the eyes and said, "Then what about your duty as my mate? Or am I merely just a secret that has to be kept hidden?" I whispered out. My heart broke, my mind was buzzing and I could slightly feel the bond twisting, making my stomach turn into knots.

He stood there, mouth opened slightly, as if he wanted to say something but there wasn't anything to say. I nodded my head and chewed my bottom lip.

"Okay, you can go. It's fine." I said, shifting my eyes away from his.

"No baby, that's not it." He said walking over towards me when a knock could suddenly be heard from the door. Hunter growled out and pulled at his hair in frustration before stomping over towards the door and opening it roughly.

"What do you want Jeremy?" He growled out, clearly annoyed that he was being disturbed.

Jeremy bowed slightly, sensing his King on edge. " Your Highness, you have to leave soon, I'll be waiting for you on the fields." He looked up and glanced at me for a bit, but Hunter caught his action and growled at him. His wolf was on edge too, the fact that he was leaving under these circumstances didn't sit very well with his wolf.

"Stop fucking looking at my mate, thanks now get out." He grunted before slamming the door on poor Jeremy.

I sniffled out and fisted my hands, trying to stop the sob that was going to leave my mouth.

"Baby, I can't - I can't leave when we're like this. My wolf's going nuts here. Please, just....Milea" His arms circled around my waist and I could fee the sparks dancing on my skin, making my teary eye look up towards his.

"You-You're not just a secret that I have to keep hidden, you're my mate, my other half. You're literally the only reason why I'm alive right now. Never degrade yourself like that ever again, it drives my wolf to the brink of madness. I love you, more than anything else. Please love, give me a few more days to keep the situation under wraps, it kills me, being away from you like this. But I am the King and I have to protect my people. And you. I have to protect what's mine." He said, caressing my cheek.

I looked at him and I nodded, he leaned down and kissed me. The kiss was soft at first, his lips felt soft against mine, but I needed more. He was gonna be away for a few more days, and I just needed a little bit more of him. I licked his lower lips and soon enough he granted my wish. He bent down and picked me up before pushing me against the wall roughly. Making me pull away from the kiss with a gasp, but it didn't take long before his mouth captured mine again, making me moan out at the taste of him. Our tongues battling each other, he pulled away from the kiss and went down towards my neck. He started leaving kisses a long the trails, making me giggle, but went his mouth found that sensitive spot, that giggle quickly turned to a moan. I could feel him smirk against my neck, asshole. He sucked and bit against the tender skin. I could smell the arousal thick in the air and when he was done he pulled back and grinned at his work.

"That would help keep the males away from you for a bit." He said, looking up.

I rolled my eyes but laughed at his words, "Alright then, now go take a shower. You need to go soon." I said, wiggling in his arms. He laughed and set me down before giving me a peck and going towards the bathroom.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

After Hunter left I quickly got myself ready, I know I was completely late for school so I just decided that I was just gonna miss the day. I called a few of my friends to come over to my house later, It felt like forever since I last saw them. I quickly went down towards the 2nd floor and made my way towards the Palace kitchen and there I saw Jace sitting on one of the chairs and a chef that was currently making him something.

"Hey Jace." I said, sitting next to him.

"Hey Lea, no school today?" He asked, making me shake my head.

"I had my heat last night, so I'm too tired to go actually." I said, taking a banana and munching on it.

Jace told the chef to fix me something to eat and I could see the chef eyeing me in confusion. Oh right...they didn't know who I was.

"Yeah, I heard. Drove Jeremy's wolf up the wall that's for sure." He laughed loudly, happy for his friend's misery.

The chef placed mine and Jace's dish in front of us and walked away. I quickly dig in, I was so hungry I was pretty sure I could eat a whole bowl of anything.

"Slow down there food fighter, no one's gonna take it away from you." Jace said, chuckling at my now stuffed face. My cheeks probably resembled those of a chipmunk's, making me blush and quickly chew and swallow my food.

"Sorry, I was just so hungry. Like seriously, heat could be such a bitch at times." I said rolling my eyes. Suddenly something popped in my head and I turned towards Jace.

"Hey Jace, can I ask you something?" I asked slowly, making him turn towards me with a straight face,

"You just did." He said in a bored tone before resuming stuffing he face. I rolled my eyes at his words and slapped his arm making him jump and choke on his food. That'll teach him a lesson.

He thumped his chest and drank the glass of water before him, when he was done choking he looked at me in horror.

"I almost died! You nearly killed me! What was that for?!" He exclaimed, making me giggle. Okay, now I felt slightly guilty.

"Sorry," I giggled out, "No but like seriously, let me ask you something." I said.

"Okay, shoot." He said, facing me.

"Where did Hunter go, again?"

He sucked in a sharp breath and looked at me warily. I stayed there looking at him, waiting for an answer. He sighed and looked away. "I-I'm sorry Lea, I can't really say. It's not my position to tell you." He said, face full of guilt and voice laced with sadness.

"What? Why? Jace c'mon, I'm his mate, I think I deserve some explanation here." I said, starting to feel anxious about the whole thing. What's Hunter hiding from me? Why can't I know?

"Look Lea, I'm sorry, I know you do but it just can't come from me. Now go get ready, I'm taking you home." He said before standing up and leaving the kitchen. Leaving me sitting there baffled and confused.

*************************************************************************************************

Heyyoo my Luvsss,

How are ya'll in this fine ass day? Good? Good!

Thanks so much for the 12K, I LOVE YOU MY READERSSSS. even you ghost readers.

I hope this book will continue to receive your love and support, I honestly love ya'll for reading this book.

Don't forget to SHOW your love to the book by doing the following :

COMMENT

VOTE

SHARE

and

LOVE THE HELL OUT OF THIS.

P.s I'm proud to say that the song I used for this book is a local singer from Indonesia. It's really highly recommended and give it a listen if you have the chance.

Love ya'll,

-AT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

667K 18.5K 20
"Mine!" I heard him growl. I turned around and screamed. He was so close to me our chests were touching. Alpha Carter is my mate! "No...no...no, yo...
15.8M 663K 45
Copyrighted 2017 *Completed* Highest rankings: #6 in Werewolf #1 in Wolves #3 in Featured He was said to be powerful, the most powerful of th...
672K 20.5K 40
A L P H A A L E X E I is a feared name, whispered many times by frightened children. But he's respected, others kiss up to him and his word is va...
18.7K 853 25
Willow Ashen is a white wolf and never thought it was possible for her to get a mate as no one would be able to match her power... or so she thought...