Fighting Illusions | Loki Fan...

By PricklePeach

Every Millenia a new set of personal maids are chosen to serve under Prince Thor and Prince Loki in Asgard by... More

Intro.
Pressured Decisions
Unfriendly you, Unfriendly I
Wrongful Chatter
Begrudgingly
Soft Gazes

Resentment

7K 267 64
By PricklePeach

I trailed behind the raven-haired prince silently for the rest of the way but he didn't seem to care, not that I would expect him to anyway. He seemed so far as cold as others had rumoured about. I was not one to immediately judge but it was near impossible not to in this circumstance, he hadn't even used my name to address me, or Thyra for that matter!

I felt beneath him but not maid level beneath him, I felt like dirt under his stupid boot. I inhaled deeply holding the breath for a few seconds as we walked before slowly exhaling through my nose. It helped me to relax and calm down before I got too heated and frustrated I know I just needed to get used to-

"Would you be so kind as of to not breathe like a vitskertr" (short-wit)

My eyes narrowed and I pursed my lips keeping wordless until we approached the door.  This god will be the death of me, or I'll be the death of him because my hands will close around his stupid neck!

...

Suddenly walking through the corridors seemed much better than now. 

The entire hall was alive with people I could recognise warriors with their armour and weaponry, those of high status and rank. Even the legendary Lady Sif was seated amongst others on the long slender table that spanned across the entire room. The lighting was warm and the smell of fresh roast, slices of bread and meats flourished around us all. I had to take my post against the back wall with the rest of the maids and servants tending to everyone. 

I silently watched Loki stride over to take a seat as Thor came thundering in shortly afterwards. His maid whom I recognised from earlier took her post next to me. I shuffled to make some room for her and she threw me a smile but somehow it felt unwelcoming. I stayed vigilant. 

Servants from other quarters poured in and displayed meal after meal, another coming around and pouring drinks. I questioned internally what was the point of me being here but my ears perked at the sound of chatter than involved me,

"Is that your maid over there Loki? she is rather ravishing" The blonde I knew to be Frandal leaned close to the raven-haired god I was serving under to say. Only for Frandal's eyes to catch mine and a wink to be sent my way.

I fought off the compelling urge to gag.

"Far from it." Loki responded blankly to him and my jaw ticked, don't go too overboard with being nice or anything.  Its not that I wanted him to praise me or anything but to completely dismiss my attractiveness was- 

"I think she is rather pretty Loki-" This time it was Thor who chipped in which stopped my internal rant "-she's not my type but she could be yours" Lokis brow pinched and he lurched forward as Thor let out a bellowing laugh slamming a hand to his back in a friendly gesture. 

"Get over yourself you brute, a maid is of the lowest class and I have no interest in women especially such unattractive ones"

I couldn't help but glare daggers at him now.

"that or no women have interest in you" Frandal flicked back and got a cold gaze from Loki, the blonde smirked before returning to his meal. I half heartedly wanted to shake Frandal's hand in appreciation it was like he answered my internal frustration and sent it directly back to the infuriating god. 

I caught Loki's eyes momentarily and I quickly looked away realising I was still glaring with my brows pinched in frustration,

"I believe the roles are reversed in that matter" My attention trailed back to the table I was previously eyeing 

 "Alright brother that is enough" Thor grinned unable to take the chatter seriously with a dopey grin as he took a swig of mead,

My stomach growled and finally, the maid on my right spoke "how has it been serving that freak of nature?" my brows rose as I looked at her and she had an unsettling grin. I decided to lighten the mood, it was sour over there I didn't want that over here as well I just wanted this to go by so I could go and eat something later. 

"He isn't too bad" I lied. She clicked her tongue looking back at the chatting group with a grin "He looks scrawny I bet you're upset about missing out on getting to care for the better god" My brows furrowed as my eyes flickered between both brothers. I never really negatively compared the brothers physiques, sure they were different but I was not one to judge.

Thor threw an arm around Loki, a piece of mutton between his teeth. I recognised Volstagg on the other side of Loki who showers his mead over Hogunn at something that had been said. A flurry of maids rushed to clean the other warrior who looked severely unamused. 

But alas I did not rate someone on their appearance. "Well I'll give you the details of how we were taking care of Thor, you know from one woman to another-"

"I'd prefer if you could refrain from doing that." My voice was devoid of friendliness.

This maid was not someone I wanted to know or associate with, and quite frankly she should not even be serving under Thor, I bet anything that there were kinder maids wanting her position, it is highly unfortunate that she was chosen. 

I didn't appreciate a bully. Not only was she insulting Loki whom even I was not infatuated with either, but she was insulting me and the way I was not selected to look after Thor.

She scoffed, opening her mouth to spit another remark when the nearest guard grunted "Enough chatter, you are to watch and serve when appropriate". She shut up real quick and I let a soft smile take to my lips. Though my mouth was bordering on watering as another entire roast pig was brought out to the centre of the table as different warriors from different expertises dug in. 

The scent drifted from the table and I closed my eyes to inhale the wonderful scent, my shoulders relaxed and I imagined a fresh kill back home as my father would roast the hog atop the makeshift fire. Though not as herbed and flavoursome the meat was always tender, 

When I opened my eyes they drifted back to Loki who eyed me, I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment for being caught slacking. I saw him call a maid from nearest to him and look back at me as he spoke to her. She nodded and made her way to me. 

Uh oh. 

"Miss, Prince Loki requested you stand behind him when serving him," She said softly and my eyes widened momentarily before I nodded and followed her back to behind his seat. The smell of the food was overwhelming and torturous now. I sucked in as my stomach tried to growl again and Frandal turned to look at me with surprise covering his features.

"Oh!" His mouth was still full "Whaf awre you doinfg here?" I grimaced a little unfortunately seeing the mashed food within his mouth,

I was not sure if I was to respond either, thankfully Loki took the lead. "She is even more useless if she is halfway across the room, she is a servant is she not? thus she can fetch me more mead"

I blinked a couple of times before it registered and I quickly grasped a shiny bottle of the red liquid from off the table before pouring it carefully into the golden chalice at his side.  I counted in my head to make sure it didn't overflow and pulled it away quickly once it was refilled.

I stood there for what felt like an eternity as more and more food was being devoured and bones were being left strewn about amongst the silver cutlery. "Refill it. You are not compensated to simply stand and watch" he sneered at me and I did as he asked. My grip on the bottle tightened as I did so my knuckles whitening. 

It was not my fault he had dragged me to come with him when I should be having my meal, in the maid's quarters. I'm starving for heaven's sake!

"My apologies Prince Loki" I managed to force out between clenched teeth, more words sitting at the back of my throat that I itched to say. Though they wouldn't be very 'lady like'.

"you're forgiven" He uttered before taking another mouthful of soup. 

Oh how badly I wanted to place my hand on the back of his stupid head and slam his face into it.

Suddenly the god I had just inwardly threatened broke into a flurry of coughs and splutters from the mouthful he had just taken. Thor placed a worried hand on the back of his brothers back his thick brows drawn in worry "are you quite alright brother?" he asked as Loki bristled,

"Fine. Im-Fine" He managed to cough out

...

I bit back a laugh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 114K 64
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
931K 35.3K 83
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
276K 8.3K 63
โ Shut up,โž โ Make me, ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ.โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ no matter how hard she tries to resist, the daughter of Hades ends up falling for Percy Jac...
267K 11.1K 40
แ€ค Fic แ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ€กแ€›แ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€›แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€…แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ แ€กแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€กแ€”แ€พแ€ฏแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€žแ€ฌแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€‘แ€ฌแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ Big Warning ๐Ÿšจ18+ Fic แ€แ€•แ€ฏแ€’แ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€…แ€บแ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ‹