Summertime in Paris

By lynnfybb

"Just add three letters to Paris, and you have paradise." Not only does Laura Lockhart's summer change when s... More

Paris?
Croque-Monsieur
Oh, la la
Bonjour France
Bon Voyage
Parlez-Vous Français?
Vérité ou Conséquence? 1/2
Vérité ou Conséquence? 2/2
Longue Nuit
Vent
Disneyland
Poker
La Plage
Pique-Nique
Échapper
"Il y a Cette Fille"
Ange
Festival
Croisière
Notre Dame
Petite Robe D'été
Tu Me Rends Romantique
Désir
Déjà Vu
Pleurs
Une Semaine de Plus
Juste Danser
La Plage/2
Tatouages
Le Village
Serpents
Jalousie
Cinéma
Nous Irons Bien
Une Dernière Fois
Dernier Jour à Paris
Retourner à la Maison
Petit Ami
Je T'aime
Épilogue
Chapitre Bonus

Aquarium

1.3K 58 3
By lynnfybb

"happiness is a butterfly, we should catch it while dancing,
I lose myself in the music, baby
everyday is a lullaby, try to catch it like lightning."

~Aquarium~

I stared at the colorful fish in the clear blue water.

It was a beautiful sight. I don't understand how I wouldn't get slightly bored by watching fishes swim around and do nothing.

This whole place amazed me, really.
We were at an aquarium, it was huge. The whole building was heavenly, and the aquariums - stunning.

There were so many corals, so many fishes in different shapes and colors, eels, rays and big alligators. There were also these big white crocodiles that I had no idea existed, which were cool but also pretty scary, not gonna lie.

It impressed me because not only was it calming to see underwater creatures, but the building was great too, and it was very cheap. Only five euros.

"This is honestly the best experience so far!" Dan said, making me think.

As much as I enjoyed this, it really wasn't the best experience for me considering all the other amazing times I had.

"Well, it might be for you since you love the ocean and its weird creatures, but for me this is fucking terrifying." Savannah said.

What is an experience without Savannah's complaints, anyway?

Dan gasped. "How can you be scared of these beautiful little things?" He was referring to some nemo fishes in front of us.

"Well I'm not scared of them! It's the other weirdos, like the crocodiles or this huge ass eel." She pointed at a really scary eel in front of Logan, who was between her and me, making a disgusted face. "Ew."

I didn't blame her.

Logan stepped back when he spotted it, making a face as well.

I didn't blame him.

"Okay, I'm gonna go find some cute small fishes to look at." I said turning away, trying to get that eel out of my sight.

"Yeah, I'll go with you." Logan said, still looking disgusted.

"Some things I saw in here today are gonna leave me with trauma." I admited while walking around the building, spotting odd creatures.

"Well maybe not trauma but I definitely feel like puking."

"Do you understand now why I hate seafood?"

He chuckled. "Actually no, you're still a freak."

•••

"Would you marry me right now?" Logan asked.

So, I should probably explain.

We left the aquarium half an hour ago, leaving Dan and Savannah there because Dan just wouldn't get out of that place.

We decided to go to some kind of uphill that Logan had discovered the last time he was in Paris with his friends.
Rich people, am I right?

Anyway, on our way to the car, a couple in wedding clothes got our attention.
They were drunk and they were telling people about how they'd known each other for 3 days.
It was amusing.

So that's how we got to this conversation.

"Would you marry me right now?" He asked. "Without thinking about it at all?"

"I don't know."

We were sitting at the grass, smoking cigarettes. I was loving the view. It wasn't a very high uphill, but you could see the city pretty well and it was gorgeous.

"You wouldn't?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. There are a lot of things I don't about you and things you don't know about me."

"That's true." He nodded.

"So let's learn them." He spoke again.

"Logan, I'm not marrying you." I said, a small smile forming on my lips.

"No, I know. But there are some questions I have about you."

I raised an eyebrow. "You do?"

"Yeah, but like, just random ones."

I realized I didn't know anything about his life before me.

"Okay, well I have some for you too."

"Good, so we'll take turns." He grinned. "I'll go first. Why do you always keep this necklace on?" He pointed at my neck.

"Lisa got it for me on my sixteenth birthday." I replied as I touched the silver round-shaped necklace that I adore.

"And since we started with necks, what does this tattoo mean?" I asked, pointing at the side of his neck.

It was a tattoo of three words in a different language in very small letters.

"I don't know what this means." He said, smirking like an asshole.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "How come? Aren't you curious what it says? I mean, it's on your neck."

He chuckled. "No, it actually says: 'I don't know what this means."

My face went blank. "Are you kidding me?!"

He just laughed louder. "I'm not kidding, it really says that. I mean I wanted a tattoo on my neck but I didn't want to write anything corny or any names that I would regret later." He explained.

I nodded. "Well wow, that's kinda cool."

"I know, my turn. How many exes do you have?"

That was fast. I thought these questions would come up later.

"Well, there's only two exes whom I've had actual long-term relationships with, Jay and Aaron."

Jay was my first boyfriend. He was a real sweetie and I had so much fun with him. And unlike Aaron, he didn't cheat on me so we ended it on good terms.

He rolled his eyes at the mention of Aaron. "Right."

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. Tell me about this Jay guy."

I shrugged. "There's nothing to tell. He was nice but I was young when I dated him and we didn't have a lot in common."

"So you didn't love him?"

"No of course not. What about you?"

"What about me?"

"How many exes do you have?"

"Like, three. Nothing serious though." He replied randomly.

No way.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Really, just three?"

"Yes, why?"

"I don't know, I thought you were more of a... player."

"I told you you don't know me, lutin."

I rolled my eyes.

He continued. "But I don't blame you for thinking that, I am incredibly sexy after all."

"Wow, you literally voiced my thoughts." I said sarcastically.

"You're not funny. Now answer: have you ever thought about quitting smoking?"

I looked over at my cigarette. "A few times, yes. When it was getting difficult to hide it from my parents. But I could never quit."

"Ah, I feel you. It's good that you didn't though, it makes you even hotter."

"Yeah, you said that once." I said, smirking.

I thought about my question shortly. "So, do you have any phobias?"

He sighed. "Well, I've always been embarrassed about this but I'm kind of afraid of heights."

I raised both my eyebrows. "That's ironic, don't you think? I mean, you're ten feet tall."

He rolled his eyes. "6'2. And I'm not afraid, I just get really dizzy if I look down and somtimes I get the feeling that someone will accidentally push me or something."

"Yeah, that's basically called being afraid of heights."

"No, it's not. We've been to many high places, remember?"

I remembered the Notre Dame, the ballon ride over Paris and some shopping malls with glass windows, making it terrifying to look down.

"Well, yeah I guess. How did you manage not to panic?"

He shrugged. "Like I said, it's not a big deal. And I'm good at hiding my feelings."

I snorted. "Sure."

"What was your first impression of me?" He asked the next question.

"Honestly, much different than you actually are. I was expecting a cocky, arrogant, rich player who thought money was the key to everything and who was used to getting everything he wants."

"Wow." He widened his eyes. "And here I was, thinking you aren't the judgmental type."

I laughed. "I'm not! I just, I can't stand people like that. But you're right, I shouldn't have judged you so quick. I mean, nothing of what I just said turned out to be true. You're actually sweet and thoughtful, and smart."

"These are the best words you've said to me."

"Really? Wow, I'm rude."

He laughed. "No you aren't."

"You didn't answer this when I asked about exes, so here goes. Have you ever been in love?"

He thought he avoided this question. Well think again, jerk.

"There it is. I actually thought I dodged a bullet there."

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"No, I was kidding. And yes, I think I've been in love, once. Her name is Autumn."

"That's a pretty name. So what happened?"

"We didn't work. We fought a lot and it was getting tiring so she broke up with me."

"I'm sorry." I tried to read his expression, but it was blank.

He nodded. "Since we're on the topic, what's a relationship deal breaker for you?"

I thought about it for a while. "Dishonesty. Definitely. I hate secretive relationships, I want to be able to be honest with my partner and I wanna know everything they think about. You know, dishonesty turns into disloyalty and that is called cheating. Cheating is unforgivable, to me at least. No matter how much I love them."

Shut up, I'm not thinking about Aaron right now.

"Yeah, I appreciate honesty too." Logan agreed.

"So, are you a religious person?" That question just came to me, out of nowhere.

He gestured at his tattoos. "What do you think?"

I chuckled. "I'm gonna go with no."

He didn't actually have a lot of tattoos. Just a few in his upper arms and one on his neck.

"Bingo. But I do believe in God."

I nodded. "So do I."

"Favorite movie genre?" He asked.

"Comedy, probably. Do you have a favorite artist?"

"No, I listen to everyone. Literally any type of music."

He thought about his question for a while when a devilish look suddenly appeared on his face.
"Tell me your biggest turn ons."

"Like, physical?"

"Yeah."

"Let's see. Voices. Yeah, deep voices turn me on. And also, hands."

He had his eyebrow raised. He took his hands out in front of him, staring at them.

I laughed, patting his arm. "You have great hands, don't worry."

"So, you looked at them..."

"Pff, of course."

"You're a little nasty, aren't you?" He teased.

"Shut up. And because you said that, I'm going to ask you an awkward question. How was your first time?"

He gasped. "Not cool!"

I shrugged with an evil smile on.

"Alright. I was 15 and it was with this girl I met in Italy."

I snorted. Okay I wasn't expecting that.

He ignored me. "I was there with my dad and stepmom. I don't think I remember her name, but I remember her English was crappy and that it was awkward between us after that night."

I was laughing at how red he got while telling me this.
"That is so funny."

He rolled his eyes. "It's not. And it's my turn."

I gestured for him to go ahead.

"Do you like porn?"

"Okay, these questions are getting really personal."

He chuckled. "No shit. Answer."

"Uh, you won't believe this but I really, really don't. It's fucking stupid and unrealistic. Like, there's no foreplay, there's nothing hot about it... just stupid awkward sex."

He was looking at me weirdly. "Who doesn't like porn?" He whispered, more to himself.

"I don't. Now tell me, are you loud?"

I don't understand how this conversation became completely sexual that fast.

He shot me a look. "Loud as in... during-"

"Yes, during."

"Well, I don't want to tell you. I guess you'll just have to find out."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 6K 67
"No, please I don't want to die now. Please God help me." I keep saying. "We will die. Ask God to forgive you. I swear I said that I don't wanna trav...
412K 15.4K 70
Coming out must be hard but only doing so because you can no longer hide your feelings for your bestfriend is unimaginable. A story about falling in...
31 1 11
A young woman follows her older, actor boyfriend to Paris as he shoots a movie. Finding herself in lonely solitude, she comes across a kind young man...
2.5M 31.8K 31
Zack: heartthrob of Miami with an amazing body and an impressive bank account; but he can't flirt. Ella: Beautiful, wanted, incredibly flirty... And...