Signed Away

By enylmik

Charlotte Mitchell's life was signed away by her parents to another man by the name of Alexander Grey who is... More

Character Aesthetics
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
Authors Note

12

17K 539 46
By enylmik

"So have you guys done the deed yet?" Ashley wiggled her brows at me.

"Never going to happen." I chucked a handful of popcorn at her face which only made her laugh any more.

"I know you want to. " Alicia chimed in.

"Remind me to never invite you guys over for girls night ever again." I groaned and shoved some more popcorn into my mouth.

We laughed and joked some more when Ashley went silent. "You know. It's time you put yourself out there..." She spoke up.

Alicia and I both snapped to look at her. "Ashely. I'm married." I chucked nervously not sure where she was going with this.

"No. I know. I meant with Alex."

"That's not going to happen Ash. Let it go." I said sternly.

"Lots I love you, but I'm gonna have to agree with Ash. We just want whats best for you." Alicia spoke up. Traitor.

"I know Alex. He's one of my closest friends. He's not as bad as you think he is."

"No. He's worst." I deadpanned.

"Why won't you allow it to happen? Are you scared" Ashely questioned me.

"Because I don't love him and he hates me more than I hate him. Everything about this is not right! And no. I'm not scared."

"Lottie, if you just open up to him, he'll open up to you. Trust me. Alex isn't who you think he is. He has all these walls built up around him and if you took the time to get to know him, you'll she what I see and that's a loving man. He's nothing like Decl-"

I cut Ashley off. "Don't say his name."

She didn't say anything else and Alicia just sat there playing with her fingers.

There was an awkward silence before I decided to speak up. " You guys should leave. I'm swamped with work." I stood up and began to clean up.

"Lottie." Ashley grabbed my arm. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything."

I gave her a sad smile. "I know and I love you. I just am really busy."

The two nodded and helped me clean up the mess before leaving.

Alicia walked out first, but Ashley lingered by the door. Her face looked like she was in pain, but didn't know what to say.

"Ash. I'm fine. You're fine. I know you were coming from a good place, I truly get it. Don't think about it too much okay?" I reassured her. I was genuine about every thing I said. I wasn't mad. I knew she didn't mean to hurt me.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry again if I crossed a line. I just want you to be happy is all."

"I know babe. It's all good.

"Alright well I'll see you tomorrow at the launch. You're gonna kill it!" She hugged me.

After she left I went back inside. Everything was set for tomorrow evening. All I had to do today was relax and stop stressing out. All I could think about was all the wrong things that could possibly happen. What if there wasn't enough food, the music sucked, or people didn't like the clothes.

That night I couldn't even get a wink of sleep. I woke up the next morning not only stressed and nervous, but now I can add exhausted to the list. My most important day so ironically is also one of my worst days.

The butterflies in my stomach made me so sick. I couldn't even sit still while the make up artist was working on my face. I'm pretty sure she got really annoyed at me.

"How much longer?" Alex knocked on my door.

"30 more minutes!" I called back. I just had to get into my dress after the girl added the finishing touch on my hair. I could have sworn I heard him mumble just enough time under his breath which left me confused.

All day my girls have been texting me words of encouragement which really helped me settle my nerves. As long as I had my best friends by my side today, nothing could go wrong.

I went and put on my dress. It was a long white mermaid style dress that had a deep plunging neckline with the sleeves draping over my arm. It went well with my theme for the collection which was summer and bright. I went with white to contrast all of the bright colors that were in my project. I slipped on my white heels as well.

I did a once over in the mirror and almost did a double take. My long brown hair was slicked straight down and my make up gave me an almost wet, but bronzey look.

"Wow." I gasped in awe.

"Just one more finishing touch." The make up artist said and brushed some highlighter all across my chest. "perfect." She smiled, taking a step back to admire her art.

I truly never looked this beautiful before and I don't say that lightly because I've never once thought that I was ever actually pretty. I was usually just average.

"Congratulations on your big day! Everyone's going to be speechless when they see you." She clapped in excitement. I thanked her one more time before heading downstairs.

I got downstairs, but Alex was no where to be seen.

"Alex!" I yelled. He really was going to make me late to my own event.

Soon after I yelled for him a blonde came stumbling out. I was impressed by his amazing track records of blondes. He really did have a type.

Alex came out shortly after buttoning up his shirt. "Don't get your panties in a bunch. 30 minutes exact." He said to me while winking at the girl who started to blush furiously.

He slapped her ass and whispered something in her ear making her face turned into a literal tomato.

"Bye." She giggled at him, gave me a small wave and walked out the door.

"Are you serious?" I looked at Alex with my jaws wide open I cannot believe I just witnessed that. "You couldn't keep it in your pants for just one night?"

"Oh relax. I was just having fun." He walked passed me and out the door.

"Stop." He halted.

I walked over to him and turned him around. He had missed a button while buttoning his shirt, so I had to unbutton every single one to fix it.

I could feel his hot gaze on me. "You know if you just wanted to get me in bed, you should have just asked, but just in case you were wondering even if you did, I still would have said no."

"You're sick." I went on to fix his tie. "This event is the most important thing ever to me. I don't need you to screw it up." I patted his chest signaling I was done and walked to the car where Bruce was waiting.

"Wait, so our wedding wasn't important to you?"

"No."

"Why that hurts." He feigned pain, clutching his chest.

"Why's that it's not like you wanted to get married anyways." I rolled my eyes at his ridiculousness.

"No, but you got the pleasure of marrying me."

"Ha - Ha very funny." I said dryly although his jokes were pretty funny. It seemed to keep my mind off of the nerves. That thought immediately brought the nerves back.

"Are you nervous?" He asked me. He was actually concerned?

"Kinda." I said trying to stop my hands from shaking. I pulled out a flask from my clutch and downed it hoping it would calm me down a bit.

"Yea I'm sure you're only kinda nervous." He said sarcastically and yanked the flask away from me. "You shouldn't be drinking. Don't need you to get all sloppy tonight."

"Give it back." I tried to snatch it back, but he held it away further from me and put it in side in suit jacket.

"No way." I didn't bother to try and fight him on it. Instead I just sat back, closed my eyes and tried to just think happy thoughts.

"You look really good tonight." I snapped my eyes open.

"Thank you." I thanked him.

"What?" He asked me. "Why are you looking at me like that."

"You've never really complimented me before." I said suspiciously.

Before he could respond we arrived at the event and already there were so many people there.

"Your mother would have been so proud of you." Bruce smiled at me. "I'm so proud of you."

I leaned over to the front and gave Bruce a tight hug. "You'll be inside right?"

"Of course Charlotte. Wouldn't miss it for the world." Bruce wasn't only my driver, but he was my mom's driver as well. I basically grew up with him. He drove me to school, to swim practice, everywhere. My parents were always busy when I was younger, so Bruce practically took care of me.

"Hey. You're going to do amazing." Alex held my hand and tried to reassure me.

I nodded and let out a shaky breath.

Deep breath in. I can do this. Deep breath out. I'll be fine.

I gave Alex a nod and he got out of the car first, the cameras started flashing almost immediately, blinding me.

We walked the red carpet, taking what felt like hundreds of pictures until I felt Alex let go of my hand.

I pulled him back. "What are you doing."

"Letting you have your moment." He simply said. "I'll only be 2 steps away. I promise." He assured me and I hesitantly let go of his hand. He stepped away to let me take my own solo photos. I looked at him for a second to see him giving me a big smile. Almost like he was proud of me.

Some photographers called his name, but he refused to move from his spot. I mouthed go to him and he looked hesitant for a bit until I kept nodding at him.

He walked away to take some photos for a bit, but a couple minutes later he was right by my side again. I couldn't help, but feel the butterflies in my stomach grow larger. Not bad ones and not because I was nervous, but good butterflies that were the cause of Alexander Grey.

After pictures, we made our way inside. My assistant was there to bring me to the back immediately.

Once I got back there, my boss mode turned on and I began barking orders at everyone.

"Are all the models in wardrobe?" I asked my PA and she nodded, bringing me over to them. Before I left, I looked at Alex who was making himself comfy on one of the couch watching the whole production get ready backstage.

He should be fine without me for a while.

I hurried to see my models. They were running around frantic to get their outfits on, or to get their hair and make up done.

"Mrs. Mitchell, there's been a problem." A guy with a headset came running up to me.

"What?" I asked him.

"Some of the models are having a wardrobe malfunction." He said, his voice trembling.

"What? Where?" I growled and he backed away from me in fear. This was not the time to be having wardrobe malfunctions. We had our outfit sessions and  rehearsals already. Today was suppose to go smooth.

He brought me to where there was a girl and a guy standing. The girl's gown had a big slash through the bottom part while the guy's button up was missing a button.

"You got to be kidding me." I sighed, face palming myself.

"We're so sorry ma'am. We tried to be extra careful." The girl looked like she was trying not to cry.

"What happened?" I asked them.

"Um..." The guy blushed and that's when I noticed a bright red hickey all along her neck.

"Unbelievable!" I threw my hands up in frustration.

I stood there thinking about what to do. I grabbed the nearest worker next to me. "Get me some buttons and a sewing kit asap." I demanded and he rushed off to get me what I needed.

"You. Sit down." I pointed at the girl. "And you. Don't move anywhere." I pointed at the guy.

"Please don't cry. I don't need you ruining your makeup and taking me more time." I said to the girl and she quickly sucked up all her tears.

I applied green corrector all over the hickeys. Then, I blended out some concealer on top of it. To make sure I had more coverage, I applied foundation on top of the concealer and set it all with a power to make sure it wouldn't budge.

Next I made a small cut on the dress, right above her knee and started to make a diagonal rip upwards, so the hem of the dress started mid thigh and ended at the knee. That fixed the ripped situation. The rip would look much better than a raw cut fabric.

Next, I had the guy take off his shirt, so I could steam out all the wrinkles and then I sewed back on the missing button.

"I'm a really nice person, but I can be mean when I have to be. I expect professionalism at all time here. If you guys want to have sex have sex, but don't make a mess. This is a warning, next time you won't get one." I said before shooing them off.

I turned around and saw Alex watching me with intriguing eyes.

"Well that was bad ass." He said walking over with his hands in his pockets.

"You should go take a seat. Shows about to start soon." I said while fixing his crooked tie.

"Break a leg babe." He kissed my cheeks before walking off. My hands lightly touched my cheeks where he kissed me and I couldn't help the smile smile that crept onto my face.

"It's show time!" The producer came out clapping his hands and everyone on the team cam out and formed a circle around me.

"Thank you everyone for all your hard work in making today successful. This has been a huge dream of mine since I was a little girl. Thank you for making this little girl's dream come true. Now, lets have a kick ass show!" I cheered and everyone held up a champagne glass.

The music started playing, and one by one I watched on the screen as my models walked out wearing my most prized possessions on them.

I took a peek behind the curtains and watched the audience clapped as each model walked by.

The last model stroke a pose, and walked backstage which meant is was my turn.

I took a deep breath and starting walking out onto the catwalk. I made sure my posture was straight and I took long strides across the runway, making sure to sway my hips a little. I gave a wave to everyone.

"Thank you everyone for coming!" I cheered and everyone stood up to applause me. I made eye contact with Alex who was probably one of my biggest supporters tonight. Next to him were Alicia and Ashley who were screaming like maniac and throwing me thumbs up signs. I couldn't help, but giggle. Behind them sat my parents. Trisha looked bored out of her mind, but my father was extremely proud. Next to Alex front row and center was an empty seat that I left reserved for mom.

I continued on with my speech. "Project X is a project that I've been working on for more than a year. It is truly special to me. I have poured my whole heart, soul, and a little bit of blood into this collection." That earned some laughs from the crowd. "So, I would like to dedicate this collection to my mom, Allison Mitchell who without her I would not be here right now. I love you mom."

I paused for the applause. Then continued when it died down. "Please give a big round of applause to the beautiful models." My models started walking out, and lining up on both sides of me. They all took a bow and walked back.

Just as I was about to turn around around, I saw something in the crowd that made my face turn ghostly white. When I looked again, the person was gone. I must just be seeing things I thought to myself and walked backstage.

The moment I stepped back, all my friends started bombarding me with hugs and gifts.

"THAT WAS SO COOL!" Ashely screamed, jumping up and down.

"Did you like it?" I laughed.

"Liked it? We love it!" Alicia squealed.

"My ear's are living proof, or actually dead proof that they loved it." Alex joked. "These are for you." He said handing me a bouquet of roses. "In remembrance of your mom." He added.

Tears started pricking my eyes as I held the bouquet in my arms.

"Ah shit. Don't cry-"

I cut Alex off with a hug which took him by surprise. "Thank you." I smiled up at him.

"Anything for you." He smiled back down at me.

We stared into each other's eyes and he just held me in his arms for the longest time until a flash made us snap out of it.

"It was a cute moment!" Ashley defended herself and put her phone away when Alicia scolded her for ruining the moment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 108 14
Marrying a man she had just met in order to pay off her debt wasn't something Cassie had ever planned on, but now that both her parents had died, and...
2.4K 104 20
Lilith Blackwood survived nearly being killed by her abusive husband Christian. She woke up 3 days later in a hospital and found out she lost her u...
20.3K 873 17
Miranda and Benjamin's life is turned upside when their parents arrange a marriage for them to close a business deal.
14.2K 308 44
Samantha Moore thought that marrying the man of her dreams would be fantasy in real life. Little did she know that August Campbell could give her lif...