Business First

By BanditLuva

BOOK 1 "It's not a relationship, it's a business deal." ------- Amelia Davis has one of the most vivacious pe... More

Business First
Epigraph
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue + Author's Notes
Sequel

Chapter 25

9.8K 338 33
By BanditLuva

XAVIER POV

"Good afternoon my boy!" My dad greets me, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey father." I greet back.

"So how's the married life treating you?" he asks as we both sit down in his office.

"So far so good," I nod "I was surprised that you weren't at the wedding though."

"Son," he begins "I don't understand why you married her. She doesn't add value to the business and she isn't from a high class background."

His words angered me, "It's not always about money, I married her because I fell in love with her." I lied.

"Well I'm sorry Xavier, but I do not support this marriage and honestly I don't see it working." He says.

I was silent for a second and realised how he was be right since me and Lia would divorce soon. "I don't care whether you see it or not." I say and walk out of his office.

"You okay bro?" My brother, Eric, asks as he walks past me.

"Yeah dad is just driving me crazy." I groan, "he doesn't like my wife."

"He was surprised, just give him some time to get used to her." He says "By the way, I'm sorry for not attending your wedding I was overseas and your announcement was a little last minute."

"It's alright, I actually have no plans if you want to meet for lunch tomorrow?" I ask.

"That's fine with me." He shrugs.

I drive home to see Lia FaceTiming Jasmine whilst she was washing the dishes.

"The honeymoon was so great, probably the best vacation I've ever had." She gushes. I clear my throat to get her attention. She says goodbye to Jasmine.

"Hey, how was your day?" She asks.

"It was alright, I met my brother."

"I never knew you had a brother, what's his name?" She asks whilst putting away the plates.

"Eric, he's asked to meet us for lunch tomorrow," I say, waiting for her reply.

"That sounds fun, let's do it." She says enthusiastically. A breath of relief escapes and I'm happy that she wants to meet my family.

"Alright, I'll send a car to pick you up tomorrow at 2."

"Wait where will you be?" She furrows her eyebrows.

"I have a meeting tomorrow, to clear things up about Mr Russo's deal." I say.

"What about me, I'm your assistant and I should be there." I can feel her temper rising.

"I think you're forgetting doll," I begin "the contract says that after the wedding you no longer work."

Her face drops, "But—"

"You agreed to it not me." I smile.

"I'll get so bored in this house." She moans.

"Make some friends."

"I have enough friends!" She retorts with her arms crossed like a kid.

"You have 2 friends." I say, she's trying not to laugh so she stomps into the bedroom.

I get changed into gym shorts and a white top, and sink into the sofa. Lia walks out soon, wearing hot pink shorts and a white crop top.

My eyes widen as she sways her hips as she walks. Her curvy body looked so sexy as she sat down next to me.

"What's with the outfit change?" I ask, my eyes glued onto her.

"It's going to be so hot when I'm stuck inside this house," she says with a mischievous glint in her eye.

"Lia I know what your trying to do." I say trying to keep my cool.

"Oh really," she smirks "do you?" She places herself on my lap, her lips inches away from mine. She laces her arms around my neck pulling us even closer. "What am I trying to do King?"

"King? That's new." I smirk.

"Xavier gets boring," she shrugs.

Her emerald eyes look deeply into mine, her plump lips were so close, yet so far from me.

"Fuck it." I said out loud and grabbed her face bringing her lips to mine.

Her eyes widen as she realises that we're kissing after a moment she calms down and kisses me back. Her lips taste like strawberries and she breathes out as I trail my kisses down her neck.

She pulls away from me and looks me in the eye, a little shocked. She gets up and speed walks up the stairs.

A little later, we're both eating lunch that Lia made in awkward silence.

"Is everything okay?" I ask, knowing it wasn't.

"Why did you kiss me?" She asked softly, looking down at her plate.

"I'm sorry," was all I could say.

Her face softens a bit "don't apologise, I just-" she begins.

"It was probably just the heat of the moment." I clarify "I mean, what you were wearing...." I rub the back of my neck awkwardly.

I see a small blush creep onto her face "I told you you'll fall my charm soon enough." She winks and puts her plate away.

The rest of the day passed by quickly and I find myself sitting with Eric in a restaurant waiting for Lia. I see a Range Rover through the glass door pull up and she walks out the car, thanking the driver.

My eyes stick to her for a second, she's wearing a mustard long maxi dress with white sandals and white jewellery.

"Damn look at that fine girl." Eric says, wolf whistling before she gets into the restaurant.

"That's my wife." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Damn bro I didn't know you could do that good." He raises his arms up in surrender.

"Hey," Lia says as she walks in, she sees my brother and places a quick kiss on my lips. She goes to shake my brothers hand but he kisses her hand instead.

"A pleasure to meet to, Lia." He says, a sly smile on his face.

"It's Amelia, only Xavier calls me Lia." She clarifies and a smug smile appears on my face.

Only I call her Lia.

"Well you look beautiful." He winks, and she visibly cringes. I take her hand in mine, almost to tell Eric to back off.

"I didn't see you at the wedding." Lia says as she eats a panini.

"The announcement was a little late and I was in Italy, trying to talk to Mr Russo." He justifies. Lia's eyebrows furrow and she shoots me a look.

"Mr Russo was in America at our wedding." Lia says.

"What were you talking to Mr Russo about?" I ask.

"Business," He says "nothing you need to worry about."

"Actually," Lia speaks up "We do need to worry about it since Kings Corporate control and own the American assets of Mr Russo's company.

Eric's jaw drops and he looks at Lia in amazement. "Since when?"

"He signed the contract before our wedding." I say.

After hearing that, Eric says that he needs to 'do some last minute work' and leaves the restaurant.

"I know he's your brother but he's kind of odd." Lia says "I mean he kissed my hand, who does that anymore?" And I can't help but chuckle.

"Lia, the real reason I wanted you to visit my brother is because I'm leaving for a one month business trip." I say.

"What?" is all she can say.

"And I want you to live in my brother's flat until I'm back."

-BanditLuva🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

726K 20.9K 55
MATURE CONTENT 18+ "Good girl. Let's see how much you can take." She's a shy bookworm on scholarship, desperate to escape the Mafia. He's Chicago'...
201K 5.1K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
362K 13.8K 46
Amelia was working in her dream job. Good job, good pay, and good boss! Then, something changes and life takes an unexpected turn. Welcome to the unp...
536K 19.3K 30
*This book is terrible, read at your own risk.* Womanizing playboy Sebastian Hayes was in a bind, his grandfather was requiring him to get married be...