LATCH.

By raezwrites

I feel we're close enough .... Could I lock in your love? More

Background.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
26.

25.

1.4K 78 23
By raezwrites

"To think that I was coming in to know my fertile window when ... wow." Beyoncé said with a faint breath as she and her doctor looked in awe at the ultrasound image display.

"To date, you're about 7 1/2 weeks with these two."

"But I've been drinking alcohol well, just wine mostly. Are they going to be okay?" She asked, her voice laced with worry.

The doctor gave her thigh a light pat, "They're doing just fine, Beyoncé. Congratulations!"

At this moment, Beyonce allowed her tears to fall loosely. As they pooled beneath her cheeks, she still could not wrap her mind around the fact that she was pregnant and with twins! To her defense, she had made this appointment to check up on her fertility progress and discover if the endless love making she and Carter did in Bora Bora just a week prior would create a positive difference. Yet, now hearing that she was almost 8 weeks meant that these twins had been baking well before the couple's trip, amidst of the hard work they had been putting in.

"Thank you.." she finally spoke. She felt pressure as the doctor gently tugged the ultrasound wand from within her vagina. Then she sat up on the exam chair and pressed her hands against her abdomen. "This is really happening, huh?"

"Better believe it, baby!" The doctor said in a playful tone, causing her and Beyoncé to share a joyful laugh. "You're going to be a great mother, okay? I know you're probably still confused and excited and scared all at the time same time but hey, that's just the beginning of this motherhood journey."

"But twins .. they don't even run in either of our families."

"Genetics are weird like that. Granted it will be a bit more complicated of a pregnancy journey but I will be right by your side the entire way, okay?"

"Okay."

After watching the doctor write a few notes, she opened her hand to receive the prescription filled paper. "I want you to start on your prenatal's and I'm upping your calcium to give your bones some more support. Make an appointment at the front desk and I'll see you in about 4 weeks!"

Once she made her appointment and bid her doctor goodbye, she went to her local pharmacy and picked up her new goodies. Afterwards, she settled into her newly purchased black, Tesla Model X - a gift from her now baby daddy - and drove off toward BLK Studio to attend the ongoing photo shoot for her new Ivy Park x Top Shop Collaboration.

"Goodness just spare me already with your beauty!" An old bestie shouted from behind camera. The phrase led Beyoncé to burst into a fit of giggles.

"LaLa you play entirely, too, much!"

"I'm just saying B, it's no way you can be this naturally beautiful; like you're glowing or some shit!"

Timidly, Beyoncé glanced at the ground and ran her hand slowly across her stomach with an odd hope that she'd feel her twins flutter around, even though she knew that wouldn't be happening until much later. Within the second, another wave of nausea took over and her body chemistry began to plummet; she needed to find the nearest bathroom fast.

"Can we take a break please?" She announced to the crew. They all nodded in approval and watched Beyoncé disappear into her dressing room with Lala in tow. Inside the bathroom, she dropped to her knees and regurgitated the yummy breakfast Carter had crafted for them this morning. She spent a few more minutes heaving and releasing nothing but fluid before she rose to her feet and began to wash and rebrush her teeth.

"I talked to Kim.." LaLa spoke as she watched Beyoncé exit the bathroom and take a seat in the plush vanity chair. Yes, she had heard her friend's desperation from the other side but simply put it off as a possible stomach flu; she did just come home from another country for Christ's sake.

"About?" said Beyoncé.

"Uh, about what the hell is happening between you and Nicki!" She said with a knowing face.

Beyoncé let out a sigh, "I don't know La. Its been what, a week now? I'm over it already.." she mumbled the last part.

"Are you sure about that?"

"You think I'm a liar now?"-

"Beyoncé, now you know. I just- I think you're just bottling your true emotions in."

"Cause I haven't spoken about it?"

"Right."

"Wrong."

"Beyoncé-"

"Alani!"

"Damn, the whole government though?" Simultaneously, they both rolled their eyes an let out a pair of aggravated sighs.

"I'm sorry okay. I'm fine La, I swear I really am. I cried about it already, I've vented, I've done it all. It's over. If in the future we chose to be friends again then so be it." ... "I still have you, right?"

Lala's face settled into a small pout as she pulled B in for a tight hug, "Awh of course you do Ju! I'm always here for you ... and her ... but, mostly for you." After Beyoncé pulled away, LaLa spoke again "It definitely will be awkward between the four of us now .. once upon a time we thought we couldn't live without each other and now look."

Beyoncé gave a small shrug, "It's life. People change and grow, sometimes for better or for worst. But I don't hold any ill will toward her."

LaLa smirked in delight of her mature attitude, "Good for you, Bey."

"Yeah yeah, no more of this sappy mess, okay? I swear this will be the last time I speak on it."

"Even within the press?"

"The press is the least of my worries right now. Carter did what he had to do in terms of a statement on both of our parts but thankfully, none of this has affected my sales or image at all."

"That's true!" LaLa said with a chuckle, "These folks in TheShadeRoom comments said you did the right thing: stood idle and minded your business!"

"Oh please.." Between the two came a fit of laughter, something Beyoncé was very grateful for. It had been a while since she experience such laughter as this, but between finding out the exciting news and wiping her hands from the elevator situation, she finally felt the good sense of relief.

"Bad time to come in?" Carter sounded from the other side. Their laughter came to cease before Beyoncé parted her lips to speak.

"No baby you're okay, come in."

Carter waved hello to LaLa first then placed a juicy kiss upon his lady's lips. "Well hello to you too!" Beyoncé exclamation with a small laugh. "You bought me food!?"

"Only because you asked for it, remember?"

Beyoncé nodded her head yes in response before indulging into the flakey chicken tender combo she had been craving from Popeyes earlier. Carter and LaLa engaged in conversation amongst themselves and made it come to end when she announced that she had to leave to retrieve Kiyan from school.

"Love you BB," said LaLa. She wrapped Bey up in a hug and they shared a cheek kiss.

"Love you too, call me okay?"

"Will do, boss!"

The dressing room door shut behind her and Carter repositioned himself so that he would be directly in front of Beyoncé. Lightly, he grazed his hands up and down her thighs and basked in the silence as she completed her meal.

"Feel better?" He asked

"Much, I threw up breakfast earlier."

Carter's face bunched in confusion, "How come? You got the stomach bug?"

"I guess.." she replied quietly. Of course she felt bad for telling a white lie, but also knew that this wasn't the time nor place to tell him she was with child(s).

"Damn baby, well I'll get you some medicine and such for home so you can rest, aight?"

She smiled and gave his lips a peck, "Look a chu taking care of me and whatnot .. I appreciate it."

He kissed her back before rising to his feet, "It's the least I can do.."

"Yeah well, what can I do??" She pried. She held strong eye contact with him as she placed her hands behind his neck.

"Uh we can do that little stress relief activity we do almost, anywhere I should say. Pinned up on the vanity dresser, no?"

"No baby," Beyoncé said in a fit of laughter, "Not here okay, plus it's not needed anymore-"

"Beyoncé! They're ready for on set." Angela interrupted the two.

"We'll finish this when you get home." Carter ordered. Beyoncé wanted nothing more than to go home along with him, but she knew that the work needed to be done above all.

***

"Shawn Carter. I'll give you one more chance to explain why the hell you dragged me up here!" Beyoncé yelled to her love who was busy admiring the view of the California hilltop. It annoyed Beyoncé even more when no words, but just the sound of laughter escaped his lips. "This isn't funny either!"

"Baby, - Bey relax, okay? I just wanted us to do something difference for once."

"On a work night? After I just did 4 hour photo shoot? Are you dumb!?"

"Eh, more like adventurous."

She chewed on the inside of cheek to calm her pregnancy hormonal and tired induced-anger then placed her hands inside of her letterman jacket.

"You really mad at me?" Carter asked as he stepped closer toward her.

"I won't be anymore if you just tell me why, are, we HERE!?" She snapped. "Oh my God Shawn," she sneered after a short pause, "I swear everything is just a joke to you huh?"

Carter's laughter was uncontrollable at this point. He didn't mean to lose his composure, but it tickled him that Beyoncé was this upset over an evening trip.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry alright .. I'm sorry!" He wrapped her up in a tight hug, against her will, and playfully began to place a trail of kisses upon her makeup free face; "I'm sorry for not taking your anger seriously. We're here because I thought it would be real dope if we took a little trip out here to view the scenery, that's all"-

"Yeah well next time consult me first, okay?"

"Okay, noted."

Next, Carter reached into the mini cooler he packed in the back seat of his matte black Audi Q7, and grabbed two chilled glasses and a bottle of champagne. When Beyoncé noticed the alcoholic beverage, her eyes widened "Put that back!" She yelled out from her place on the gravel ground.

"What the hell- Why!?"

"We don't need it, that's why! You can either put it away or pour you a glass and give me some water."

Carter chose not to argue back and did what he was told. "Since when do you not drink champagne anymore?"

Beyoncé pondered her response while she took a smooth sip from the glass. No, she didn't plan some big unique way to reveal her pregnancy to Carter, but she also knew there wasn't no justifiable reason for her to not tell him right here on this hilly cliff.

"Since I found out that I'm pregnant."

The sound of the champagne glass shattering into pieces caused her mouth to drop. Carter turned into pure mush as his brain worked against him to create clear words for him to say.

"Y-you-you're what? Pregnant?!"

Beyoncé modded, "With twins." In a flash, she was scooped off her feet and twirled around in the arms of an excited Shawn Carter.

"Baby please put me down!" She struggled to say through her infections giggles. Carter eased her back down and didn't even bother to wipe away the tears that fell onto his brown cheeks. With a pout and a few tears of her own, Beyoncé softly wiped them away; "Awh Carter-.. baby please don't cry!"

Her words did no justice; he pulled her closed and buried his face into the crook of her neck, in which the appeasing scent of gardenia fragranced mist comforting him to release his joyful sobs. Beyoncé wrapped her arms around his broad torso and held him tight as they rocked back in forth.  

"My baby is finally having my babies," he cried in a muffled tone, not bothering to lift his head at all.

"I know, it's so crazy. I'm still in shock if we're being honest." She replied before pulling away a bit so that they were now face to face. Carter grabbed a tissue from his pocket and dabbed underneath his eyes to remove the tear stains; he hadn't cried like that since he walked away from Beyoncé with no explanation years ago.

"There's really twins in there?" He asked in disbelief

"I know, again .. I'm shocked too!"

"We can't feel them move yet right?"

"No, not yet. I'm only 7 1/2 weeks so .. we have some time ahead of us."

Yet another episode of joy encapsulated Carter and he hugged Beyoncé tightly once more. "I love you and these babies so so so much, Beyoncé. Believe me."

"I'll always believe you baby, and I love you too, deep."

When words could no longer suffice, they passionately kissed until the once bright sun set above them.

***

4 am update, but I can't sleep so .. Enjoy! 💞
Should Beyoncé and Nicki rekindle their relationship?

Much Love,
Rae 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218K 2.4K 40
Whatever comes to mind 😉😊 Please do not read my book if you are under 14. ********Warning Sexual Content*************** Don't report my book eithe...
230K 9.6K 38
I'm praying you catch me...
5.9K 470 8
𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐲𝐧𝐢𝐤𝐚 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤. 𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐱 𝐢𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲. 𝐛𝐞𝐲𝐧𝐢𝐤𝐚 𝐠!𝐩.
16.9K 1.1K 9
Previously named Ribs You're the only friend I need, Sharing beds like little kids, And laughing 'til our ribs get tough, But that will never be enou...