Worlds Colliding (Shadowhunte...

By katherinep97

All rights go to the creators of Shadowhunters, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. More

Characters
Chapter 1 - The Guilty Blood
Chapter 2 - A Door Into the Dark
Chapter 3 - Parabatai Lost
Chapter 4 - Day of Wrath
Chapter 5 - Dust, and Shadows
Chapter 6 - Iron Sisters
Chapter 7 - How Are Thou Fallen
Chapter 8 - Love is a Devil
Chapter 9 - Bound by Blood
Chapter 10 - By the Light of Dawn
Chapter 11 - Mea Maxima Culpa
Chapter 13 - Those of Demon Blood

Chapter 12 - You Are Not Your Own

261 13 1
By katherinep97

Outfits in the external link

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/149481

From 2.01 - The Guilty Blood: In the training room, Clary was walking away.

Clary: (voice over) "My name is Clary."

From 2.10 - By the Light of Dawn: In the main room, Kaylin stabbed a Shadowhunter from Valentine's group.

Kaylin: (voice over) "And my name is Kaylin, and we're Shadowhunters."

From 2.04 - Day of Wrath: In the training room, Clary slashed the blade to the smoke, making the black smoke burn, killing it.

Kaylin: (voice over) "Born to protect mankind from demons."

From 2.07 - How Are Thou Fallen: On the roof, Kaylin slashed her blade deeply at Man 2's stomach, killing him.

Kaylin: (voice over) "A never-ending battle against evil, but we know who we can count on."

From 2.05 - Dust, and Shadows: In the basement, Kaylin saw a rune on the wall, blinking, drawing the rune on her palm. Kaylin held her hand out. The rune on her palm glow bright, burning the demon.

Clary: (voice over) "Simon..."

From 2.08 - Love is a Devil: On the dock, Simon smiled.

Clary: (voice over) "One of our oldest friends. A vampire."

From 2.08 - Love is a Devil: In Magnus' room, Jesse glared at Iris, using magic to threw her out.

Clary: (voice over) "Jesse, one of our oldest friends. A Warlock."

From 2.08 - Love is a Devil: In Magnus' and Jesse's apartment, Magnus was using magic to held Iris up.

Clary: (voice over) "Magnus, a Warlock from Brooklyn."

From 1.01 - The Mortal Cup: At a E parking lot, Luke looked up, letting his eyes glow green.

Clary: (voice over) "Luke..."

From 2.05 - Dust, and Shadows: In the woods, Luke was lying on the ground, naked. His bones cracking.

Clary: (voice over) "A werewolf pack leader..."

From 2.07 - How Are Thou Fallen: In the abandoned prison, Luke pointed his gun at Valentine.

Clary: (voice over) "And New York City cop."

From 2.01 - The Guilty Blood: In Jade Wolf, Mike and Caroline stood up, letting their eyes glow green.

Clary: (voice over) "Caroline and Mike..."

From 2.02 - A Door Into the Dark: In Java Jones, Clary, Kaylin, Jesse, Caroline and Mike were sitting together, talking and smiling.

Clary: (voice over) "Two of our oldest friends..."

From 2.01 - The Guilty Blood: In Jade Wolf, Sam was looking at Gretel, letting his eyes glow green.

Clary: (voice over) "And their father, Sam..."

From 2.09 - Bound by Blood: At a building, Wolf!Sam, Wolf!Mike and Wolf!Caroline growled at Vampire 1.

Clary: (voice over) "Werewolves."

From 1.12 - Kaylec: In the club, Jace was walking.

Kaylin: (voice over) "And Jace..."

From 2.01 - The Guilty Blood: In the training room, Isabelle turned her whip to a pole.

Kaylin: (voice over) "Izzy..."

From 2.04 - Day of Wrath: In the hallway, Alec held his bow and arrow, about to shot.

Kaylin: (voice over) "And Alec."

From 2.06 - Iron Sisters: In Alec's room, Alec and Kaylin were kissing passionately.

From 2.01 - The Guilty Blood: In the training room, Isabelle twirled the pole.

Kaylin: (voice over) "Three of..."

From 2.10 - By the Light of Dawn: In the training room, Alec slashed Shadowhunter 1 from Valentine's group's chest with the blade, killing him.

Kaylin: (voice over) "The bravest..."

From 2.01 - The Guilty Blood: In Reggie's Pizza Parlor, Jace killed a vampire.

Kaylin: (voice over) "Shadowhunters alive..."

There were flashes of Alec, Kaylin, Clary, Simon, Jace, Isabelle, Magnus, Jesse, Mike, Caroline, Luke and Sam separately.

Kaylin: (voice over) "Alone, we're strong. Together..."

From 2.07 - How Are Thou Fallen: In Jade wolf: Clary and Kaylin walked away.

Clary/Kaylin: (voice over) "We are unstoppable."

----/----

Jace: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (Shadowhunters)"

From 2.11 - Mea Maxima Culpa: In an alley, Isabelle walked down the alley, looking behind her, turning around, walking to a door.

Azazel appeared in the middle of the alley.

Alec: (voice over from 2.11 - Mea Maxima Culpa) "There's a Greater Demon on the loose."

From 2.11 - Mea Maxima Culpa: In the Courtyard, Azazel looked angrily, showing his demonic face.

Magnus: (voice over from 2.11 - Mea Maxima Culpa) "Azazel."

From 2.11 - Mea Maxima Culpa: In the alley, Wolf!Mike and Sebastian fought Azazel.

Sebastian spinned around, slashing the blade at Azazel, making him disappear as bugs appeared in his body, flying away.

Isabelle looked at Sebastian.

"My name's Sebastian," Sebastian told her.

From 2.10 - By the Light of Dawn: In the Main Room, Simon looked over to the window to see the sun is rising. He quickly raised his arms to block the sun from him, lowering his arms in confusion when nothing happened to him.

Raphael: (voice over from 2.11 - Mea Maxima Culpa) "You're a daylighter."

From 2.11 - Mea Maxima Culpa: In the supply room, Simon and Raphael were talking.

"There's a name for it?" Simon asked.

From 2.10 - By the Light of Dawn: Outside the Institute, Clary and Kaylin looked at Simon in shock, seeing he was okay under the sun.

Simon: (voice over from 2.11 - Mea Maxima Culpa) "I told you everything I know."

From 2.11 - Mea Maxima Culpa: In the supply room, Raphael stepped closer to Simon. "I hope so."

From 2.11 - Mea Maxima Culpa: In Valentine's cell, Jace, Kaylin, Clay and Valentine were talking.

Valentine looked at Jace. "If you were smart, you'll summon Azazel..."

From 2.11 - Mea Maxima Culpa: In the Courtyard, Alec, a chained up Valentine, Kaylin, Jace and Magnus were standing on the pentagram.

Magnus used magic to summon Azazel.

Valentine: (voice over from 2.11 - Mea Maxima Culpa) "With your warlock friends..."

From 2.11 - Mea Maxima Culpa: In Valentine's cell, Jace, Kaylin, Clay and Valentine were talking.

Valentine looked at Jace. "And use me as a bait."

From 2.11 - Mea Maxima Culpa: In the living room of Magnus and Jesse's apartment, Jesse and Magnus were talking.

"What are you not telling me?" Jesse asked.

"There's nothing to tell," Magnus told her. "Azazel is not someone you would want to meet."

"Why are you so protective over me all of a sudden?" Jesse asked.

From 2.11 - Mea Maxima Culpa: In the Courtyard, Alec, a chained up Valentine, Kaylin, Jace and Magnus were standing on the pentagram.

Azazel appeared inside the pentagram.

Magnus was glaring at him.

Later, Azazel used magic to break the barrier, making everyone fell backward to the ground. He used magic to put everyone in pain by hearing a high pitched ringing.

Azazel walked toward Magnus, touching his cheek. He tilted his head. "Stupid warlock." Azazel moved away, walking toward Valentine. He kneeled down in front of him. "Now a present for you, my dear Valentine."

Azazel put his hand on Valentine's head, putting two fingers on his eyes.

----/----

Same Night

Day One

Night - Institute - Prison Cells - Valentine's Cell

Magnus, in Valentine's body, was banging on the glass windows. "Please! Please! Guards! Somebody! I am not Valentine, I am Magnus Bane! Valentine has escaped! Please, somebody! Somebody!"

---- ----

Magnus and Jesse's Apartment - Living Room

Valentine was pacing, annoyed and disgusted by been in Magnus' body. He looked at a mirror, seeing Magnus' reflection, smashing it into pieces. He looked toward the hallway, turning to the desk, looking through potions.

Azazel was sitting on the couch, holding a glass. "Looking for a way to switch yourself back?"

Valentine turned to him, looking at him angrily as he walked closer to him. "You did this to me. You trapped me inside of a filthy warlock."

"I wanted to give you incentive," Azazel told him. "You want freedom as a Shadowhunter? Give me the Mortal Cup."

"You'll have to switch me back first," Valentine told him. "The Cup is in a place where any demon-blooded intruder will be killed on sight."

"I have great faith in your ability to defy the odds," Azazel told him.

"I don't bargain with demons," Valentine told him.

Azazel used magic to chock him, making him kneel down as he heard a high pitched ringing. "Give me the cup... or you'll die a filthy warlock."

Valentine held the side of his head, grunting.

----/----

There was a closeup of Clary's runes on her shoulders and chest, while there was a closeup of Isabelle's runes on her arms, and her snake bracelets.

There was a closeup of Kaylin waving her stele over the runes on her arms.

Ruelle: "We're coming."

Simon looked over his shoulder.

There was a closeup of Alec drawing back his bow to shoot an arrow.

Clary spun her stele around, thrusting her arm down at her side.

Kaylin held her hand forward, making a rune on her hand glow brightly, wind blowing back her hair.

Ruelle: "After you."

Jace raised a sword diagonally over his head.

Alec aimed his bow and arrow at the camera.

Simon flashed his fangs.

Magnus sent a blast of magic from his hand straight ahead.

Ruelle: "This is the hunt."

Jesse turned to look behind her, waving her hands, which glowed with magic.

Isabelle looked straight ahead, swinging a staff around.

Luke's eyes glowed green. His police badge was shown.

Sam, Mike and Caroline looked to the camera, letting their eyes glow green.

Jace turned to look at the camera over his shoulder.

Clary and Kaylin stood facing each other, looking to the side toward the camera, Shadowhunter blades resting on their shoulders, pointing behind them.

Ruelle: "This is the hunt."

Worlds Colliding (Shadowhunters)

The Mortal Instruments

----/----

Day Two

Morning - Rodriguez's Apartment - Mike's Room

Isabelle was sleeping on Mike's bed.

The door slowly opened.

Riley walked in, smiling. She ran over to the bed, tagging on the blankets as she climbed up. She sat on the bed, placing a kiss on Isabelle's cheek, waking her up. Riley smiled cutely. "Izzy."

Isabelle opened her eyes to see the little girl, smiling a small smile, chuckling. She sat up, looking around. She looked down at Riley, smiling. "If this is how you wake people up, I may just stay."

Riley giggled.

---- ----

Living Room / Kitchen

Mike was making breakfast.

Isabelle was dressed, holding Riley in her arms as she walked in. "Hey." Mike looked over. "Good morning."

"Morning," Mike told her. "I was going to let you sleep a bit more."

Isabelle smiled. "Someone thought otherwise."

Isabelle looked at Riley to make a point.

Riley smiled, hiding her face on Isabelle's shoulder.

Mike smirked, chuckling. "Seems like someone couldn't wait any longer."

Isabelle chuckled, walking closer. "Where's Sam and Carol?"

"Uh, they'll be back soon," Mike answered, walking closer, placing a plate on the table. Isabelle placed Riley gently on her chair, sitting next to her. Riley started to eat. "So how did you sleep?"

"Good, actually," Isabelle answered, smiling. "Didn't sleep like that for a while."

Riley looked up as she was eating, looking from her father to Isabelle.

"Feel like going back home?" Mike asked.

Isabelle looked at Riley. Riley looked at Isabelle, shaking her head, eating. Isabelle and Mike smirked.

Isabelle looked up at Mike. "Feels like it, yeah."

Riley shook her head cutely. "No."

Mike and Isabelle looked at her in amusement.

"You want me to stay more?" Isabelle asked teasingly. Riley nodded. "But I need to go back to see my brother."

"I go too," Riley told her.

"You want to come with me?" Isabelle asked, smirking. Riley nodded. "Yeah? What about your Daddy? Can he come too?"

"Yeah," Riley answered.

"Yeah?" Mike asked.

Riley nodded cutely. "Yeah."

Isabelle chuckled. She tilted her head, looking at Mike. "Before we go there... I want to ask someone to come along."

Mike tilted his head.

---- ----

Institute - Kaylin's Room

(Song) Marathon - Francis

Alec was sleeping in bed.

Kaylin was sitting on a chair, wearing Alec's shirt, drawing on her sketch book. She smiled a small smile, looking up from the paper.

Alec woke up, looking over at her. He raised an eyebrow, smiling a small smile. "Morning."

"Good morning," Kaylin told him, closing her sketch book.

Alec looked toward his phone. "What time is it?"

"Oh, it's very early," Kaylin told him sarcastically, placing her sketch book on the desk, walking closer, laying on the bed.

Alec smirked. "Mmm. Is that so?"

"Yep," Kaylin answered, leaning closer, kissing him on the lips. She pulled away. "How did you sleep?"

"Good," Alec answered, pulling her down, kissing her lips.

Kaylin smiled in the kiss, kissing him back passionately.

(End of Song)

---- ----

Dot's Apartment - Living Room

Jesse was sitting on a couch.

Dot walked closer, holding two cups. She sat next to Jesse with a smile, handing her a cup. "There you go."

Jesse looked at the cup, frowning in amusement. "Hot Cocoa with Marshmallows?"

Dot chuckled. "What? You love it."

"You only make them when you either worried or wanting to cheer me up," Jesse told her, smiling. "I'm happy, so that just mean that you worried about something. What is it?"

Dot sighed. "It's about what you said." Jesse took a sip from her cup. "About looking for Azazel..."

Jesse nodded. "I know you getting back your strength after what Valentine did to you... but Magnus is acting weird, and I think what happened got to him, and he needs time to recover or something. I could go look for Azazel--"

"No," Dot told her, shaking her head. Jesse frowned. "Just--You can't go by yourself."

"I will go with Kaylin, Clary--" Jesse started.

Dot shook her head. "Wait. It's--it's a bad idea. You not strong enough to deal with a demon like Azazel. Magnus couldn't stop him."

Jesse raised an eyebrow. "What's the big deal?"

"The big deal is that it's a Greater Demon," Dot told her. "And..." She sighed, staring at Jesse. She tilted her head. "You the only family I have left. I care about you too much to let him hurt you. He wants you, and--"

Jesse frowned. "Wow. How do you know he's after me too?" Dot hesitated, not answering. "Dot, come on, you said no secrets." Jesse frowned, staring at her. "The way you and Magnus trying to keep me away from Azazel... is it... Is Azazel..."

Dot took a deep breath, taking Jesse's hand. "Azazel is your father."

Jesse stared at her in shock.

---- ----

Institute - Main Room

Jace was at the table, looking at a tablet.

Alec walked closer. "Looks like Azazel's headed south. We just recovered four dead mundanes with his signature M.O."

"Okay, let's go," Jace told him.

Imogen Herondale walked closer. "To catch a greater demon you summoned to the Institute, defying all protocol and common sense?"

"Don't put this all on Jace," Alec told her. "I had a part in this, too."

"Look, if you want to bench your best fighter with a greater demon on the loose, I'm happy to oblige," Jace told her.

"No," Imogen told her. "First we vanquish Azazel." She looked at Jace. "Then I'll decide what to do with you."

Imogen and her guards walked away, leaving.

Jace looked at Alec. "Go. I'll catch up."

Alec walked away.

---- ----

Kaylin's Room

Kaylin walked out of the bathroom.

Clary opened the door, knocking. "Knock, knock."

Kaylin smirked. "Well, hello stranger." Clary closed the door, smirking, sitting on the bed. "Where have you been all night?"

"Simon," Clary answered.

Kaylin nodded in amusement. "Right. Figured that much." Clary sighed, laying her head on the bed. Kaylin smirked. "I wouldn't lay my head there."

Clary frowned. She quickly stood up. "Oh, God!" Kaylin laughed. Clary raised an eyebrow in amusement. "You and Alec had--"

"You and Simon did too," Kaylin told her, raising an eyebrow in amusement.

Clary sat on a chair.

Kaylin chuckled in amusement, grabbing her boots.

"Well, looks like my little sister isn't so innocent anymore," Clary told her teasingly.

"It's not the first time between us, okay?" Kaylin asked, smirking.

Clary chuckled. "Just don't tell Jace."

"Oh, he knows," Kaylin told her, putting on her boots. "Thanks for the parabatai bond."

Clary laughed, surprised.

---- ----

Dot's Apartment - Living Room

Jesse and Dot were still sitting together.

Jesse was still in shock. "How... how in the hell am I related to that?"

Dot shook her head. "I really didn't want to tell you this, I was afraid you--"

Jesse looked at her. "That I would turn out to be like him?"

"No!" Dot told her. She took her hands. "No, of course not. You are nothing like Azazel. Not even close."

"How can you be so sure?" Jesse asked. "I killed my Mom, I--"

"You see?" Dot asked. "That's what makes you different than your father. You show feelings of guilt, you show others love, and kindness. You care, and have a conscience. Azazel? He's a demon who cares only for himself. Remember that."

Jesse had tears in her eyes, nodding slightly. Dot pulled her into her arms, embracing her tightly. Jesse embraced her back, closing her eyes.

---- ----

Later - Outside

Jesse walked out of the building, looking down at her phone to see a missed called from Alec. She was about to call him back.

Azazel appeared behind her. "Lovely day, isn't it?" Jesse jumped, stepping away, turning to face him, shocked. Azazel tilted his head. "You don't seem to remember me, however you do seem to know who I am."

Jesse nodded, glaring at him. "You Azazel."

"In the flesh," Azazel answered. He smirked. "Father and daughter, finally united, once again."

Jesse shook her head in confusion. "No, wait. That's--that's the first time I'm meeting you."

"Are you?" Azazel asked. "Funny, I remember meeting you when you were a little girl." Jesse frowned. "But it's sad that you don't remember. My dear daughter, you and I have a lot of catch up to do."

Jesse stared at him.

---- ----

Institute - Main Room

Alec, Kaylin, Clary and Jace were now standing together around the table.

"Azazel's attacks go as far south as the meat-packing district," Alec told them. Isabelle walked in, carrying Riley and leading Mike and Sebastian toward them. "And then the trail goes cold."

"It's no use just tracking the dead bodies," Jace told them. "With his ability to dematerialize, he could be anywhere."

"Maybe we can help," Isabelle told them, standing next to Kaylin.

Alec and Jace looked at Isabelle in surprise.

Clary and Kaylin looked at her in surprise. "Izzy."

Kaylin and Isabelle embraced, pulling away.

"We've been so worried about you," Kaylin told her. "Where have you been?"

"I had to take a day away," Isabelle answered.

"So you've been spending some time with the Ladybug?" Alec asked, nodding at Riley.

Riley smiled, hiding her face on Isabelle's neck.

Mike shook hands with Alec and Jace.

"Yes, while Mike and our new friend were looking for Azazel," Isabelle answered, nodding toward Sebastian.

"This is Sebastian Verlac, from the London Institute," Mike told them.

"When the demon came after me, Mike and Sebastian saved my life," Isabelle told them.

"Oh, I simply lent a hand," Sebastian told them.

"Sebastian's an expert on all things Azazel," Mike told them.

"When I studied abroad at the Paris Institute, I specialized in greater demons," Sebastian told them.

Alec looked from Sebastian to Mike. "Thanks for saving my sister." He looked at Sebastian, holding his hand. Sebastian shook it. "I'm Alec."

"Yeah, thank you," Jace told them, holding his hand to Sebastian. Sebastian shook it. "I'm Jace."

Sebastian smiled. "The great warrior in the flesh. Your reputation precedes you." He looked at Kaylin and Clary, holding his hand. "As does yours." Kaylin shook his hand. "You must be Kaylin." Clary shook his hand. "And you must be Clary." They nodded. "Valentine's daughters."

"Yeah," Clary answered.

"Don't hold it against us," Kaylin told him.

"Well, we don't choose our parents," Sebastian told them.

"So tell us about Azazel," Jace told him. Riley looked toward Kaylin and Clary, smiling. "How do we take him down?"

Clary and Kaylin smiled at Riley. Clary took Riley into her arms, letting her play with her hair.

"The only way to banish him is to puncture his demonic core," Sebastian answered. "In corporeal form, it's between the T and T vertebrae, but it's not that simple. The core is about the size of a pea."

"So the entry point's right below his sternum?" Jace asked. Sebastian nodded. "If I can get close enough, I can kill him."

"You wouldn't have enough velocity, and even if you did, the defeat's only temporary," Sebastian told him. "The nasty buggers always find a way to break out of their realm and come back."

"Thank you for the intel, we'll take it from here," Alec told him.

"If I can, I'd like to help," Sebastian told them.

"We appreciate that, but you don't have clearance to go on mission," Alec told him. "Not this Institute."

"Alec, you can't be serious," Isabelle told him.

"Hey, Alec, look, he clearly knows more than us about Azazel," Jace told him. "We could use all the help we could get."

"Now, as far as tracking is concerned, we should really think about--" Sebastian started.

"We have two very capable warlocks for that," Alec told him.

Isabelle gave him a look. "If we going to ask Jesse it's like using her as a bait. Azazel wants her too. If we fail, we're putting her at risk."

"It won't fail," Alec told her.

"How do you know?" Isabelle asked.

Alec looked slightly annoyed. "You do what you want. I'm gonna work with Magnus and Jesse."

Alec started to walk away.

Isabelle sighed, following him to speak alone. "Alec, stop. Stop. What's your problem?"

"Sebastian Verlac shows up out of the blue and helps Mike saving you?" Alec asked.

"What are you trying to say?" Isabelle asked. "Alec, you did everything you could to help me. And I love you for that. But don't treat Sebastian like the enemy just because he and Mike were able to help me."

Isabelle walked away.

Alec sighed.

---- ----

Park

Azazel and Jesse appeared at the park.

Jesse looked around in confusion.

Azazel smirked. "I don't need to make a Portal to go from place to place."

"Good for you," Jesse told him sarcastically, turning to face him. "What do you want from me?"

"Is it wrong to want to be with my daughter?" Azazel asked, tilting his head.

"Oh, is that what you really want?" Jesse asked sarcastically. "And what about the Cup?"

"The Cup is the second thing I want," Azazel told her. "I came back to this world in search for you."

"Oh please, you're a demon, you don't care about anything but yourself," Jesse told him.

Azazel shook his head lightly. "That's not true."

Jesse gave him a look. "I was told about you. You don't care."

"And who told you that?" Azazel asked. "Magnus? Dorothea?" Jesse frowned but didn't answer. "They've been lying to you all this time. They banished me after I helped you get more access to your powers. To the real you."

"Then why can't I remember you?" Jesse asked.

"I don't know," Azazel told her. "Maybe your lover had something to do with it." He placed his hands on her shoulders. "You showed them how strong and powerful you really are, and it scared them. You scared them." Jesse shook her head slightly, not believing him. "Which is why Magnus made this..."

Azazel pulled out a silver cuff from his pocket, handing it to Jesse.

"What is it?" Jesse asked.

"It's a cuff made just for you," Azazel answered. "In case you lose control of your powers." Jesse shook her head. "I found it in Magnus' room."

"He would never use it," Jesse told him.

"And why not?" Azazel asked. "Has he told you he loves you? He doesn't love you, Jessica, he's just keeping you close to protect everyone else."

Jesse shook her head. "No." She moved away from him. "You're lying."

"Am I?" Azazel asked. "Why don't you ask him? You'll see that what I say is true."

Jesse stared at him, shaking her head slightly.

----/----

Jesse was now sitting on a bench.

Azazel sat next to her, handing her a bottle of water. "There you go." Jesse took it. "You seem a bit tensed, I won't hurt you. I understand you must be quite upset about finding out the true about Magnus, however--"

"You right," Jesse told him. "I'm upset. And I'm pissed. You got what you wanted, me getting upset about Magnus, and getting the Cup. Great for you, now what?"

"I want you to come with me," Azazel told her. Jesse scoffed softly, shaking her head. "Once we receive the Cup, we could have anything that we want."

"I want to be away from you, will it get me that wish?" Jesse asked, standing up. "I'm angry to find out about the cuff, but I want to hear it from Magnus."

Azazel stood up. "You still want to see him? After all the lies he told you? Not to mention Dorothea have been lying to you as well."

"Dot raised me," Jesse told him. "She has been like a mother for me for years, she always told me the truth."

Azazel raised an eyebrow. "Just like Magnus? Dorothea raised you to be weak. She cares about your friends and everyone on this world more than she cares about you. The same goes for your lover."

Jesse glared at him. "You don't know anything."

"Really?" Azazel asked. "Last night, I got into Magnus's mind and I found out that he has a name stuck there. A woman he can't seem to forget. What was it? Oh yes. Camille." Jesse looked hurt, quickly shaking it off. Azazel tilted his head. "And my daughter's name is Jessica." He placed his hands on her shoulders. "No one cares about you like I do. I'm your father, and I want to be there for you. Give me a chance. I helped you before, I can help you again."

Jesse shook her head slightly. She stared at him for a moment, tiling her head. "You want me to give you a chance to be my father? Then forget about the Cup. You either get me or that. Not both."

Azazel looked at her for a moment, nodding. "Fine. I agree." Jesse stared at him. "I will forget about the Cup."

Jesse looked slightly surprised. "Wait, what?"

Azazel smirked, tilting his head.

Jesse frowned, suspicious.

---- ----

Institute - Main Room

Mike and Isabelle were talking alone.

"Feel yourself?" Mike asked.

"Yeah," Isabelle told him. Riley walked closer, holding her teddy bear. "No shaking hands. No more pain. I feel really good."

Mike smirked. "Sounds like you got cured."

"Well, Sebastian did say I would get better soon," Isabelle told him, picking Riley up into her arms, smiling. "Maybe I'm getting stronger and better again 'cause I have a cure named 'Riley'."

Riley smiled, hiding her face on Isabelle's neck.

Mike smirked. "You do know you can't keep her right? She's mine."

Isabelle smiled. "Aw, why not?" Mike chuckled. "Her kisses and smiles are the best cure. I have a feeling she wants to stay with me." She looked at Riley. "Right, Honey Bunny?"

"Yeah," Riley answered cutely.

Isabelle smiled. "See?" Mike smirked. "Maybe Alec should spend some time with Riley, she could cheer him up."

Alec walked toward them. "Jesse isn't picking up her phone. Neither is Magnus. I'm getting worried."

"Maybe they a bit... busy," Mike told him, raising an eyebrow.

Isabelle smirked. "Here you go." Isabelle handed Riley to Alec. Alec frowned, watching as Riley looked at him. She smiled, hiding her face on his neck. "She likes you."

"Izzy, I know she's cute, but you do know we can't keep her, right?" Alec asked.

Mike smirked, chuckling, crossing his arms over his chest.

Isabelle rolled her eyes, amused. "Yeah, yeah, I know."

---- ----

Magnus and Jesse's Apartment - Living Room

Valentine was still there. Magnus's phone rang on the table. Valentine picked it up, seeing it was Jesse. He hesitated, answering. "Hello?"

Azazel was still at the park, talking in Jesse's phone. He smirked. "I was afraid you wouldn't answer."

"Well?" Valentine asked in annoyance.

"I spoke with Jessica, but now you got a bit of a problem," Azazel told him.

Valentine frowned. "What? What did you tell her?"

"I said I will give up on the Cup for her," Azazel told him.

"Father of the year, aren't you," Valentine told him sarcastically. "So now you can come and switch me back."

"Not so fast," Azazel told him. "I said it to her. You better find a way to get me that Cup before we come to the apartment and she finds out." He smirked. "From what I remember, my daughter has quite of a temper. And one more thing that I want you to do for me."

---- ----

Institute - Greenhouse

Kaylin walked in, finding Sebastian looking around. "Sebastian?"

Sebastian turned to her. "Sorry. I was just looking around. The place looks a lot like my Institute back in London."

"It's fine," Kaylin told him. "I come here sometimes 'cause my Mom loved this part of the Institute."

Sebastian nodded. "Jocelyn. I'm really sorry, I heard she was one of the best."

Kaylin smiled a small sad smile. "Thanks." She tilted her head. "So, uh, why did you leave London?"

Sebastian raised an eyebrow, sounding slightly amused. "Want me to leave already?"

"What?" Kaylin asked. "No. I..." Sebastian chuckled softly, nodding. "I didn't mean to sound like you not welcome here."

Sebastian smiled. "It's fine. Alec doesn't seem to want me here, either."

"No, I'm fine with you here," Kaylin told him. "And, Alec just doesn't know you, and to be honest, I don't either. But, Mike and Izzy trust you, so I'm learning too."

Sebastian nodded lightly, smiling a small smile. He thought for a moment. "Well... I left on my own will. I had a good reason for why, I just... I just don't feel that comfortable saying why, to you. Not yet at least. But let's just say that--that it was something that no one could have helped me, and I had to find my own path back." Kaylin nodded slightly. Alec walked in. "For a while I was by myself, until now."

Kaylin nodded. "Yeah, now you stuck with us." Sebastian and Kaylin smiled, chuckling. Sebastian looked behind Kaylin, noticing Alec, giving him a small nod. Kaylin turned to Alec, smiling. "Hey. Did you talk to Jesse and Magnus?"

Alec walked closer. "Couldn't get a hold on them."

Sebastian looked from Alec to Kaylin. "I'll, uh, I'll leave you two to talk."

"Thanks," Kaylin told him.

Sebastian nodded, walking past them, leaving.

Alec watched him go, turning to Kaylin. "Everything okay?"

Kaylin frowned. "Yeah." She looked slightly amused. "Are you okay?"

Alec nodded, placing his hands around her. "Yeah."

"Sure?" Kaylin asked, wrapping her arms around his neck.

Alec nodded, leaning forward, kissing her for a moment, pulling away slightly. "What did you two talked about?"

"We just talked about why he left London," Kaylin answered.

"You two already becoming friends, huh?" Alec asked.

Kaylin tilted her head lightly, raising an eyebrow, smiling. "Alec, are you... jealous?"

Alec shook his head. "No. Of course not."

Kaylin chuckled softly. "You are. If not, then why you were looking at Sebastian like you wanted to kill him?" Alec didn't answer, looking away. Kaylin shook her head in amusement, leaning closer, kissing him for a moment, pulling away. "I love you. And only you. So, get it into your head." Alec smirked slightly, leaning closer. They kissed passionately for a moment, pulling away. "Come on, let's go ask Jesse and Magnus for help."

---- ----

Magnus and Jesse's Apartment - Living Room

Jesse and Azazel were there.

Valentine walked into the room, acting surprised to see Jesse. "Jesse."

Jesse looked at him. "Magnus." Valentine looked from her to Azazel behind her. Azazel smirked slightly, nodding lightly. Jesse held up the cuff. "What's this?"

Valentine tilted his head. "It's a cuff?" Jesse glared at him. Valentine sighed softly. "Where did you find this?"

"Azazel found it in your room," Jesse answered. "Did you really made it for me in case I was going to lose control?" Valentine glanced toward Azazel, looking at Jesse. "Did you use it before on me?"

Azazel nodded slightly.

Valentine looked from him to Jesse. "Yes. Once." Jesse looked shocked, tears in her eyes. "It was for your own good. And for everyone else."

"Why?" Jesse asked. "Because you were afraid of me?" Valentine didn't answer, looking from Azazel to Jesse. "Did Dot knew about this cuff?"

Azazel nodded slightly.

Valentine looked at Jesse, not answering but giving a small nod.

"You see, my dear?" Azazel asked, stepping closer to Jesse's side. "I told you I was telling you the truth." He looked at Valentine. "Magnus and Dot were lying to you all this time."

Jesse looked at Valentine, letting a tear slip. "So it was all about keeping me in control to keep everyone safe." The room started to shake. Jesse didn't noticed, glaring at Valentine. Valentine and Azazel noticed, looking around. Azazel looked amazed. "All this time you told me nothing but lies."

"Jessica--" Valentine started.

Jesse ignored him, holding her fist forward, using magic to choke Valentine. Valentine gasped, holding his neck.

Azazel placed his hand on Jesse's arm, pulling her back, making her release Valentine. "Now, now, dear, if you keep this up, you may kill him." Valentine held his neck, breathing heavily. "Not that I compline about that... however, now is not the right time."

Jesse shook her head, stepping away from him. "No. I don't trust you." She looked at Valentine. "None of you."

"There's not need to trust Magnus," Azazel told her. "You can trust me. I'm your father."

There was a knock on the front door.

They heard Kaylin's voice. "Jesse? Magnus? It's Alec and Kaylin."

Azazel looked at Jesse, placing his hand on her shoulder, making her look at him. "You need to trust me. Make them leave, and they won't get hurt."

Jesse looked toward Valentine, walking toward the door. She opened it slightly to see Kaylin and Alec, forcing a small smile. "Hey, guys."

"Hey, I've been calling you and Magnus," Alec told her. "We need help tracking down Azazel."

Jesse let her smile fade, shaking her head slightly, making them frown. She cleared her throat. "Now is not the best time." Jesse moved her head to the side slightly. Alec let his bow and arrow appear on his hands. "How about coming later?"

"Yeah, sure," Kaylin told her.

Jesse stepped away, letting Alec and Kaylin walk in. "Thanks, bye."

Jesse closed the door, signaling them to the living room, walking back toward Azazel and Valentine.

"Well?" Azazel asked.

"They out," Jesse said in a lie, looking at Azazel. "And so are you."

Azazel frowned.

Kaylin stepped in.

Alec stepped in, aiming his bow on Azazel.

Jesse used magic, making a rope around Azazel before he could do anything.

"Wait, no!" Valentine told them.

Alec released the arrow, puncturing the area right below Azazel's sternum. Azazel looked at Jesse, disappearing into dust, banished back to Hell.

Jesse had tears in her eyes, letting out a shaking breath.

Kaylin stood next to Jesse, placing her hand on her shoulder. "You okay?"

Jesse hesitated, shaking her head slightly. "Not really." She looked at Valentine, speaking to Kaylin and Alec. "I--I need to get out of here for a little while."

"Jesse--" Alec started.

"I'll be fine," Jesse told them, making a Portal, walking inside, leaving.

Kaylin and Alec exchanged a concern look, looking at Valentine, thinking he was Magnus.

"Magnus?" Alec asked. "You okay? Why did you said to wait?"

Valentine hesitated. "I was afraid something terrible would happen." He looked at the dust. "Something that couldn't be undone."

----/----

Institute - Main Office

Imogen was sitting behind the desk, on her tablet.

Jace and Clary walked in.

"You wanted to see us?" Jace asked.

"Yes," Imogen answered. "I told you I would decide what was next for you once Azazel was vanquished, so here we are." She looked at from her tablet, noticing Kaylin wasn't with them. "Where's Kaylin?"

"She has better things to do," Jack told her. "Like looking for her friend. You can do whatever you want with me, but leave Clary and Kaylin out of this."

"Well, that's not possible," Imogen told him. "The Clave wants to have you three tested to get a greater understanding of your unique angel-blood abilities. So, call Kaylin and tell her to come in."

Jace shook his head. "No, we'll pass on being lab rats."

Clary shook her head lightly. "No, Jace. I want to do this. I haven't been able to use my runes since we summoned Azazel. I--I wanna understand why."

"Thank you, Ms. Morgenstern," Imogen told her. "Your willingness to put your own comfort aside for the greater good is to be commended. I'm sure your sister will agree on that." She looked at Jace. "You would do well to follow her example."

Jace shook his head lightly, smirking slightly. "I'm not a follower."

Clary looked at Imogen. "I'll call Kaylin, and we'll do the testing together." Imogen nodded. "When do we start?"

"Clary, you don't know the Clave like I do," Jace whispered. "First they'll just want you doing circus tricks. The next thing you know, you'll be monitored 24/7."

"I'll do whatever it takes," Clary told him. "Jace, it's okay if you don't want to do this, but... drawing those runes... for the first time, I felt like there was a reason I became a Shadowhunter. Me and Kaylin. I need to get them back."

Jace looked at her for a moment. He turned to Imogen. "I guess it's your lucky day."

Imogen gave him a look, smirking slightly, looking back at the tablet.

---- ----

Magnus and Jesse's Apartment - Living Room

There was a knock on the door.

Valentine walked closer, opening to see Dot. "Darling. What took you so long?"

"Sorry," Dot told him, walking inside. "After all the abuse Valentine put me through..." She sighed. "I'm still not strong enough to create portals."

Valentine closed the door, turning to her. "You know, you really should let go of your anger. I'd hate to see something bad happen to you because of it."

Dot turned to him, tilting her head. "The way you said that, you sounded just like--"

Valentine scoffed, leading her into the living room. "Look, I need your help. I'm sure Jesse told you about Azazel."

Dot sighed. "Yes." She turned to him. "She said that he must have don't something to you since you a bit off." Valentine nodded. "Where is Jesse?"

"She needed a bit time away," Valentine answered. "She's angry."

Dot shook her head. "Can we blame her?" She looked worried. "Wait, she's not with--"

"Azazel's been taken care of," Valentine told her. "He's gone. But now, we have a worse problem." Dot frowned. "It's like what he did to me, it short-circuited my memory. I can't access my magic."

Dot looked confused. "I've never heard of such a thing."

"Me neither," Valentine told her. "I need you to teach me."

Dot looked surprised, nodding slightly. "Okay."

---- ----

Institute - Prison Cells - Valentine's Cell

Magnus, still trapped in Valentine's body, stood next to the chair, breathing heavily. He turned around, looking around. He spotted a security camera.

Bright lights turned on, blinding Magnus, making him close his eyes. High-pitch ringing started, making him scram in pain as he put his hands on his ears.

Imogen was behind the window, watching in satisfaction.

---- ----

Park

Alec and Kaylin were there, looking for Jesse.

Kaylin was on the phone. "I have to come now?" She scoffed. "Clary, I can't, what about Jesse? Something's up with her, she shouldn't be by herself now." She shook her head, sighing. "No, I don't know. Magnus is acting weird, maybe it's because of what happened last night with Azazel." She frowned. "But he wouldn't let her be alone like this." She paused for a moment, sighing. "Thanks. Tell her I agreed to be tested, but later. Okay, bye."

Kaylin hung up.

Alec walked closer, hanging up his phone. "I called Sam. He got her scent."

---- ----

Dock

Jesse was sitting on the bench, watching the ocean.

Sam walked closer, sitting next to her. "Hey, kid." Jesse looked at him, slightly surprised, looking back at the ocean. "Alec and Kaylin been looking for you."

Jesse shook her head. "I wanted to be alone."

"Want to talk about what going on?" Sam asked.

Jesse's voice was quiet. "Not really." Jesse pulled out the cuff, looking down at it for a moment. "I found my father." Sam raised an eyebrow in surprise. "And I helped Alec banish him."

Sam nodded in understanding. "Azazel." Jesse looked at him. "Alec told me everything. So, he's your father."

"And Magnus and Dot knew, and kept it from me," Jesse told him. She held the cuff up. "Magnus made this cuff for me in case I lose control." Sam took it. "He said he used it once on me." Sam looked at her in surprise. "Everything he said before..." Jesse shook her head, looking back at the ocean. She looked back at Sam. "I... I almost killed Magnus today. I was going to until Azazel stopped me." She looked at the ocean, tears in her eyes. "Dot was wrong about me. I'm just like my father."

Sam shook his head slightly. "You not." He held the cuff for her. "You're likeable." Jesse managed to chuckle a little, taking the cuff. Sam smiled. "Hey." Jesse looked at him. "Don't let Azazel get into your head. Everything that Dot and Magnus did, they did because they love you, and they worried for you."

Jesse looked from the cuff to the ocean for a moment. She looked at Sam, smiling a small sad smile, blinking away her tears. Sam smiled a small smile, petting her back gently.

---- ----

Institute - Greenhouse

Simon and Caroline were there, talking.

Isabelle and Mike walked in. Isabelle carried Riley in her arms.

"Yo, Simon," Mike told him. "Caroline, what's up?"

"Hey," Caroline told them.

"Yo," Simon told them, looking at Riley, smiling. "Well, hello."

Riley smiled cutely.

Isabelle smiled, looking from her to Simon. "I got your message about Raphael, are you okay?"

"Yeah, you know, living the Daylighter dream," Simon told them.

"Okay, how can we help?" Mike asked.

"Oh, uh..." Simon trailed off, pointing at Riley. "Should I talk in front of her?"

"It's not the first time you talking vampire stuff in front of her," Caroline told him in amusement.

Simon tilted his head, nodding. "Yeah, that's true." Mike and Isabelle looked at him in amusement. "I guess it's something Izzy can help with." Simon looked at Isabelle. "I heard you and Raphael were kind of seeing each other, and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind helping me out, doing that thing you're really good at, you know, making a man bend to your every will." Isabelle sighed softly. Mike and Caroline gave Simon a look. Simon looked at them in confusion, quickly looking at Isabelle. "But if you don't want to get involved, no sweat. I get it."

"No, no," Isabelle told him. "It's--it's not that."

"Simon, you should have told me that's why you wanted to meet up," Caroline told him.

Mike looked at Simon. "Look man, Izzy can't help you with this guy. We'll figure something else."

Isabelle shook her head. "It's okay." She looked at Simon. "It's... when I got injured by that demon, Aldertree gave me some Yin-Fen to regain my strength. But things got out of control. The reason why I was seeing Raphael..."

Isabelle hesitated to continue, looking down at Riley.

Simon frowned, slightly concerned. "Izzy, what is it?"

Riley rested her head on Isabelle's shoulder.

Isabelle looked at Simon. "I became addicted to vampire venom."

Simon raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Oh." He looked from Mike to Caroline, looking at Isabelle. "I--I had--I had no idea. Are you--"

Isabelle nodded. "I'm okay." She smiled. "I'm great, actually."

Caroline smiled. Mike smirked.

Simon nodded. "Good."

Isabelle looked at Riley. "Right?"

Riley smiled. "Yeah."

Simon, Mike, Caroline and Isabelle chuckled.

Simon pointed at Riley. "If she helped you, maybe she can fix my problem with Raphael."

Isabelle smirked. "Oh, no, this little bunny is staying right here."

Simon nodded. "Okay, I get it."

Riley smiled.

"But I do fix Downworlder problems," Isabelle told them. "Come on."

"Wait, Izzy," Mike told her. "Staying clean, means staying away from Raphael."

Isabelle tilted her head lightly. "Who said anything about going near Raphael?"

Isabelle walked away with Riley.

Caroline, Mike and Simon exchanged a confused look, following.

---- ----

Prison Cells - Valentine's Cell

Magnus was looking at the security camera. He threw Valentine's shoe on window in front of it. "I know you're listening! Please! I'm not Valentine, I'm Magnus Bane!"

Alec opened the door, looking annoyed, pushing Magnus to the wall. "That's enough!"

"Alexander, thank God you're here," Magnus told him. "You have to listen to me--"

"No, you listen to me," Alec told him. "This sick game of yours is over."

Kaylin ran inside. "Alec!"

"Get out," Alec told her.

Magnus shook his head. "It's not a game. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm not Valentine. I am Magnus. Azazel switched us with a curse. Unum ad Unum."

Kaylin frowned.

Alec moved away, shaking his head. "You're insane."

"Jesse and I convinced Kaylin to come to your wedding with Lydia," Magnus told him. "And you stopped the ceremony." He looked at Kaylin. "Biscuit--"

"Stop!" Alec told him.

Kaylin placed a hand on Alec's shoulder. "Wait."

Magnus looked at Kaylin. "I told you and the others about the knife my mother killed herself." Kaylin looked surprised. "Or when Jesse and I did everything we could to bring Alec back when he got lost in the parabatai bond while searching for Jace."

Alec refused to believe that this was really Magnus in Valentine's body. "Shut up." He grabbed Kaylin's arm. "Come on."

"Wait," Kaylin told him, looking at Magnus. "How--"

"Because, it's me," Magnus told her. "I'm really Magnus."

"Kaylin," Alec told her, pulling her to the door.

"Alexander," Magnus told him. "Kaylin."

Alec and Kaylin walked out, leaving.

Magnus leaned his head back on the wall.

---- ----

Courtyard

(Song) Love To Hate It - Off Bloom

Clary and Jace were facing each other, holding blades, wearing work out clothes.

Imogen was there, watching.

Clary and Jace clicked their blades together. Clary spinned around, trying to hit her blade on Jace. Jace blocked it a few times.

Jace dodged a hit, glancing over at Imogen, looking at Clary. "You think if she ever smiled, her face would crack?"

"Don't be so hard on her," Clary told him. "Can't be easy being a Herondale."

"Oh, yeah," Jace told her. They clicked their blades together. "I know it must be tough to be like Shadowhunter royalty. All that power. Prestige."

Jace pulled his blade above Clary's, pulling their blades down.

"From what Luke said, she was a very warm person before her son died," Clary told him.

"Oh, I have no doubt," Jace told her.

Jace pushed Clary's blade away with his feet, slashing toward her. Clary dodged, moving back in amusement. Jace twirled his blade, letting it rest on his shoulder. A rune on his arm started to glow. Jace looked at it, looking at Clary as his eyes glow gold again. Clary didn't notice, picking her blade. Jace smirked, doing a backflip, stopping in front of Clary as she stood up. They stared at each other. Clary smiled a small smile.

Imogen walked toward them.

Jace and Clary looked toward her, looking back at each other. Jace smiled slightly, tilting his head, backing away, backflipping above Imogen's head, standing behind her.

Imogen stood in front of Clary, holding a stele out. "Sun rune, try again."

Clary took it, throwing her blade to Jace. Jace caught the blade. Clary tried to drew a rune on her palm. It didn't work.

(End of Song)

"So you've created new runes in the past--" Imogen started.

"I only did it twice," Clary told her, tilting her head.

"And now suddenly, they don't work anymore?" Imogen asked skeptically.

"What are you saying, she's lying?" Jace asked.

Imogen stared at Clary, answering Jace. "She is Valentine's daughter."

"We're done for today," Jace told them.

"With Clary, yes," Imogen told him. "I was told Kaylin is back, so bring her up."

Jace looked annoyed, walking back inside, leaving.

"You're right," Clary told her. "I am Valentine's daughter, but I am not my father. Neither is Kaylin. I know your son died while serving the Circle. Valentine also took the person my sister and I loved more than anything. Our Mom."

Imogen stared at her. "You can go now."

Clary stared at her for a moment, walking past her, leaving.

---- ----

Park

Verónica and Rosa were sitting together on a bench, talking and watching Sofia and Irina playing together.

Isabelle walked toward them with Mike, Caroline and Simon, holding flowers.

Verónica looked at Isabelle in surprise, smiling, standing up. "Izzy."

Isabelle smiled. "Hola." Isabelle and Verónica embraced, pulling away. "How are you?"

"I'm going great," Verónica answered. Simon, Caroline and Mike looked at them in surprise. "How are you? Haven't seen you lately."

"I'm okay," Isabelle answered. "I had a lot to do, you know." She held up the flowers. "I brought your mother her favorite flowers."

"Oh, thank you," Verónica told her. She looked at Rosa, who was watching her granddaughters with a smile. "Mamá, look who is here."

Rosa looked toward them.

Isabelle smiled, sitting next to her. "Hola, Rosa. Cómo estás? I brought you your favorite."

Isabelle handed the flowers to Rosa.

Rosa smiled. "Gracias."

Sofia and Irina ran toward them. "Izzy!"

Isabelle smiled. "Hey!" She stood up, embracing them. "How have you girls been?"

They pulled away.

"I missed you," Irina told her.

"Aww, I missed you, too," Isabelle told her.

"Are you coming for dinner today?" Sofia asked.

"No, sweetheart, I'm sorry," Isabelle answered. "Guys, meet my friends, Simon, Mike and his sister Caroline."

Simon gave a small wave. "Hi."

"Guys, meet Verónica Santiago," Isabelle told them, placing her hand on Verónica's shoulder. "Her mother, Rosa, and her girls, Sofia and Irina."

Simon, Mike and Caroline looked at them in surprise, moving away with Isabelle.

"Okay," Simon told them, chuckling softly. He turned to Isabelle, giving her a look. "Um, I'm all for creative anti-bullying tactics. But please don't tell us we're here to kidnap Raphael's family."

Isabelle looked at them in amusement. "No one is kidnapping anyone, okay? Relax."

They walked back to the others.

Rosa looked at Isabelle in confusion. "Who are you again?"

"I am Raphael's friend, Isabelle," Isabelle told her. "We came to visit you for Bingo night."

Caroline frowned, raising an eyebrow, speaking quietly. "Wait, seriously? Raphael plays Bingo with her?"

Isabelle nodded. "And he makes tamales for her every Sunday."

Irina and Sofia ran back to play.

Rosa looked from Caroline and Simon to Isabelle and Mike, smiling. "Such an attractive couples. How long you all been married?"

Simon/Caroline and Mike/Isabelle looked at each other, looking back at Rosa, scoffing. "No."

Verónica smirked in amusement, sitting next to Rosa.

Mike shook his head. "No."

"None of us are married," Caroline told her.

Isabelle pointed between herself and Mike. "We're just friends."

Caroline nodded, pointing between herself and Simon. "Same."

Rosa looked from Isabelle to Caroline. "Big mistake. They look like a catch."

Mike and Simon exchanged a look, smirking.

Caroline scoffed. She looked at Isabelle, speaking quietly. "Okay, now what?"

Isabelle looked at Simon, speaking quietly. "Okay Romeo, give me your cell phone. It's time to send Raphael a message that if he can get to you, you can get to his mundane family."

"Oh, see, um... yeah... my heart kinda goes out to the guy now, you know?" Simon asked.

"Simon," Caroline told him, taking Simon's phone. "Save your sweet side for someone who cares."

Isabelle nodded toward Verónica and Rosa. "Sit down."

"Noted," Simon told them. He turned to Verónica and Rosa, walking closer. "Um, Verónica? Rosa? Can I take a picture with you two?"

Verónica frowned, raising an eyebrow. "You want to take a picture with us?"

Rosa giggled lightly. "Yes."

"Is that okay?" Simon asked.

"I guess," Verónica told him, shrugging.

"Alright," Simon told them, sitting between Verónica and Rosa, placing his arms around their shoulders.

Caroline hold Simon's phone. "Say cheese."

Verónica, Simon and Rosa smiled.

Caroline took a picture.

---- ----

Institute - Training Room

Alec and Kaylin walked out of the elevator.

No one was there.

Kaylin started to walk away.

Alec grabbed her arm. "Kaylin." Kaylin turned to him. "Just forget what he said, okay?"

"No, I can't," Kaylin told him. She frowned. "I know it's crazy thought, but... what if it's true? You heard him calling me 'Biscuit', only Magnus calls me and Clary that, and all those stuff he said... If I can just talk to him alone--"

"No way I'm letting that happen," Alec told her, giving her a look.

"Alec--" Kaylin started.

Jace walked in, wearing a hoodie now. "Hey." Alec and Kaylin looked at him. "What's up now?"

"We were just with Valentine, and he says that he's Magnus, that Azazel switched them with some kind of a demonic curse," Alec told him.

Jace scoffed. "What?"

Alec nodded. "I know."

"Yeah, it's--it's hard to believe, but it's just that, he knew stuff that only Magnus knew and told me," Kaylin told them. She looked at Jace. "He called me 'Biscuit'. Only Magnus calls me that."

"Okay, well, he could have had a warlock steal your memories," Jace told her, crossing his arms over his chest.

Kaylin shook her head. "No, that's not possible. If I could get to talk to him by myself--"

Jace and Alec spoke together. "No."

Kaylin tilted her head up, having expected that answer.

"Remember that this is Valentine," Jace told her. "He's always steps ahead of us. He's always planning his next move." Kaylin opened her mouth. "Kaylin, just trust me. You don't wanna fall for his lies." Kaylin sighed, rolling her eyes, walking past them. "And get to the courtyard. Inquisitor Herondale is waiting for you."

"Whatever," Kaylin muttered, walking away, leaving. 

Jace and Alec watched her go.

---- ----

Later - Prison Cells - Valentine's Cell

Magnus was sitting on the bed.

The lights turned on.

Magnus looked around. "Alexander? Kaylin? Please! Please, they're torturing me! I can't take any more of this."

Valentine was there behind the window, pressing a button. "I know the feeling." Magnus looked at his body in surprise, getting up, standing in front of him. "Let's get you out of here."

Magnus banged on the window. "Guards! He's here! Valentine is here!"

"It's no use," Valentine told him. "I've cloaked myself so no one can see me."

"You fool," Magnus told him. "You have no idea what you're doing. After your capture, the Clave hired me to create wards to block Downworlder powers from being used in this cellblock. Not only can't you break me out, but your cloaking spell won't work here."

"We'll see about that," Valentine told him. He tried to use magic on the window, but it didn't work. "What the hell?"

Magnus gave him a look as if to say I told you so.

The elevator doors opened.

Imogen and her guards walked out.

"They can see you," Magnus told him.

Valentine pressed the button, pretending to check the window side.

Magnus banged on the window.

Imogen and her guards walked closer.

Imogen looked at Valentine. "Mr. Bane, what are you doing here?"

"I was brought in to check on the wards you had me install," Valentine said in a lie. "After Azazel's escape, there was a concern that his demonic energy may have weakened them."

"Brought in on whose authority?" Imogen asked.

Magnus banged on the window.

Valentine looked at Imogen. "Are you questioning my integrity? After everything I've done for the Clave?"

Magnus banged on the window once in annoyance.

Imogen ignored him, tilting her head. "Your security services are hereby terminated. Escort Mr. Bane out."

Her guards grabbed Valentine's arms, leading him out, leaving.

Imogen looked at Magnus.

Magnus couldn't be heard.

Imogen walked toward the door.

----/----

Magnus was tied on the chair.

Imogen was hovering her stele on Valentine's burning rune, making Magnus scream in pain.

Magnus's real form was briefly showed. "Mama! Mama!"

Magnus was shown still in Valentine's body.

Imogen stopped. "Where is the Mortal Cup?"

Magnus panted. "Please. Please. You have to believe me. I am Magnus Bane. Somebody used the Unum ad Unum spell on us. I don't know."

"This has gone far enough," Imogen told him. "You're never going to tell me where the Mortal Cup is, are you?"

Magnus panted, tears in his eyes. "I don't know."

Imogen spoke to her guards. "Prepare him for execution."

Magnus looked at her in surprise. "No, please." Imogen walked away. "Please. Please."

---- ----

Greenhouse

Clary was sitting on a bench, using her stele on her palm, trying to make a new rune. "Come on." Sebastian walked in. "Come on."

"Your rune ability still causing you trouble?" Sebastian asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

Clary looked at him. "You know."

"Yeah, it's, um, it's kind of the hot topic around here," Sebastian told her.

"You know all this stuff about Azazel," Clary told him. "I was wondering... my powers stopped working when I tried to use them against him. Is it possible he... somehow took them?"

"Stealing angelic power is something that even a greater demon can't do," Sebastian answered.

"So much for simple answers," Clary told him, leaning back.

"Look, it, um..." Sebastian trailed off, walking closer, sitting next to her. "It might be simpler than you think." Clary looked at him in confusion. "We are trained so fiercely to believe that... emotions cloud our judgment. But... I believe that emotions give us power. And when we suppress them, we are all the weaker for it. Perhaps that's the problem." He hesitated. "I heard about your mother., maybe..."

Clary nodded. "I... I feel the pain of that every day. I... couldn't shut that out if I tried."

Sebastian nodded slightly. "And I heard Jace just found out that he's not Valentine's son."

Clary frowned. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"Well, think about it," Sebastian told her. "You... your father's never really been your father. You--you've just lost your mother. And the brother that you thought you had isn't your brother. You only have your little sister left."

Clary looked away. "Jace." She looked at him. "Right before my runes stopped working, that's when he told me and Kaylin that he's not our brother."

Sebastian nodded. "That's what you're blocking out. Now that the only family you have left is Kaylin... you both only have each other now."

Clary nodded slightly. "Yeah, I realized that by now. But Kaylin can still do it. Why can't I?"

"Perhaps she still sees Jace as her brother?" Sebastian asked. "They are close, right?" Clary nodded. "And you and him..."

"Complicated," Clary answered.

Sebastian raised an eyebrow. "Romantically?" Clary didn't answer, looking down. Sebastian nodded. "It's fine, I'm not judging. You two were told a lie, though. The thing is... you need to let it in."

"Believe me, I did," Clary told him.

Sebastian raised his eyebrows. "Really?"

Clary looked at him.

---- ----

Jade Wolf

Jesse was there with Simon, Caroline, Mike and Isabelle.

Mike and Caroline walked over with plates.

"Ta-da," Caroline told them. "Kung-Pao Special."

"Thanks," Jesse told her.

"How are you feeling now?" Isabelle asked.

Jesse shrugged. "I'll be better. I always do."

Simon nodded. "Yeah, of course you are."

Jesse smiled a small smile.

Caroline looked at Isabelle. "Hey, uh, how's Jace doing?"

"Well..." Isabelle trailed off, sighing. "You know, he's still spinning."

"About the Soul Sword attack?" Simon asked.

Isabelle nodded. "That, and finding out he's not really Valentine's son."

Jesse shook her head lightly at Isabelle, moving her eyes toward SImon, Mike and Caroline. Isabelle frowned slightly. Simon looked surprised. Mike and Caroline raised their eyebrows.

"Wait, that means..." Simon trailed off. "That means Jace isn't Clary and Kaylin's brother."

"I--I thought you knew," Isabelle told them.

Mike looked at Jesse, speaking to Isabelle. "Well, someone did knew."

Jesse looked at her coffee, taking a sip, nodding innocently. "That's a good coffee."

Mike and Caroline smirked.

Isabelle chuckled slightly.

Simon gave her a look, though he was slightly amused. "Glad you like it."

A Portal appeared behind Mike, Isabelle and Caroline.

They all looked at it.

A Warlock stepped out of the Portal.

Raphael, Eloise and five vampires walked out.

Simon stood up.

Raphael pushed Simon into the floor.

Mike, Caroline, Jesse and Isabelle stood up.

"Raphael, what are you doing?" Jesse asked.

Mike and Caroline growled at the vampires, standing protectively in front of Simon, letting their eyes glow.

"Stay out of this, Jesse," Raphael told her. Simon got up. "All of you." Raphael looked at Simon. "It would have been a lot easier to wait 'til nightfall to kill you. But you come near my sister and niece, you pay now."

"Back off, Raphael," Mike told him, glaring. "And I say that one time."

"Raphael," Isabelle told him.

Raphael and the vampires hissed at Mike and Caroline, flashing their fangs.

Sam, Luke and their pack ran inside, making the vampires step back when the sun came in from behind the wolves.

"Hey!" Luke told them.

Simon stood next to Luke and Sam, letting the sun hit him, showing the vampires that he wasn't hurt.

The other vampires looked at him in shock, amazed.

"How can you do that?" vampire 1 asked.

"He's a Daylighter," Eloise told them.

"Damn right I am," Simon told them.

Raphael stepped forward.

Mike and Caroline stood in front of him again.

Raphael looked from them to Simon, speaking to the vampires. "We're done here. Let's go." The Warlock let a Portal appear. Raphael started to walk toward it with him, stopping, turning to see the vampires still staring at Simon. "I said let's go!"

Simon looked at Sam and Luke, who nodded. He looked at the vampires. "Leave. Now." The vampires agreed, walking into the Portal, leaving. Raphael and the Warlock walked into the Portal, leaving. The Portal disappeared. Simon grinned. "That's what I'm talking about."

Luke hit Simon's shoulder gently. "Hey. Before you celebrate, remember, you might be a Daylighter, but you're not invincible. Be careful, Simon."

Simon nodded.

Luke, Sam and the rest of the pack walked out.

Simon looked from Mike and Caroline to Isabelle and Jesse.

---- ----

Institute - Main Room

Jace walked down the stairs.

Kaylin walked toward him. "Jace?"

Jace turned to her. "Hey."

"Where you heading off to?" Kaylin asked.

"Uh, heading to Magnus," Jace answered. They walked together. "He called, said he need some help with a surprise for Jesse. Did Jess tell you that they had a fight?"

Kaylin frowned. "No, but it was pretty tensed when Alec and I got there. Uh, mind if I come along?"

Jace frowned. "What for?"

Kaylin shrugged. "No reason."

"Kay, if it's about what Valentine said--" Jace started.

Kaylin shook her head. "It's not." Jace gave her a look. "Really."

Jace sighed, shrugging. "Okay, come on."

Kaylin and Jace walked out together, leaving.

---- ----

Hallway

Alec walked down the hallway, on the phone.

Jesse's voice was on the other side. "Alec?"

"Hey, just checking in," Alec told her. "You okay?"

Jesse was now outside Jade Wolf. "Not really. What's up?"

Alec hesitated. "Listen, uh... I know it will sound really crazy but I got to ask you this..." He looked around. "Magnus, he seemed off to you, right?"

"Yeah," Jesse answered, annoyed. "But, I--I really don't want to talk about him. Or talk to him."

"The thing is that now Valentine clams he's Magnus," Alec told her.

Jesse raised her eyebrows. "What?"

"Yeah," Alec answered. "I don't know, but... he called Kaylin by the nickname Magnus called her and Clary." Jesse frowned. "And he said stuff about the wedding and about the search for Jace when he was on the run."

Jesse shook her head. "Wow, wait, Valentine told you all this?"

"Yeah," Alec told her. "How did he knew all of this? I think Kaylin's believing him. And I hate to admit it, but I have this feeling that she's right."

Jesse frowned. "No that's..."

"He said that Azazel did a spell on them, and switched them up," Alec told her.

Jesse shook her head, looking away thoughtfully. "My..." Jesse looked down. Flashes of how 'Magnus' spoke and acted earlier appeared on her mind. Jesse looked up. "Oh, no."

---- ----

Main Room

Imogen walked toward the elevator.

Sebastian and Clary walked toward her.

"Excuse me, Inquisitor Herondale?" Clary asked. Imogen looked toward them. "We heard you put a request in for Valentine's execution."

"Luckily for you and unfortunately for me, the Clave has denied that request," Imogen told her.

Clary shook her head. "Unfortunately for all of us." Imogen stared at her. "Valentine is my father, but I don't see him as one. I never have or will. I hate him just as much as everyone else does. He killed people that we love, and I can never forgive him for what he did."

Imogen stared at her for a moment. "The Clave, they don't understand. Valentine will never tell us where the Mortal Cup is. It's time to take matters into my own hands."

Imogen pressed the elevator button.

Sebastian frowned. "You want to--"

Imogen looked at them. "Execute him myself? Yes."

Sebastian opened his mouth to speak.

"I want in," Clary told her.

Sebastian and Imogen looked at her. Sebastian looked surprised, while Imogen only a little.

"You want to execute your father?" Imogen asked, slightly skeptically.

Clary nodded. "Yes." Imogen raised her eyebrows. "I meant what I just said. I don't want him in my life, or Kaylin's. I want him gone."

"Clary--" Sebastian started.

"Done," Imogen told her.

The elevator doors opened.

Imogen and Clary walked in.

Sebastian glanced around, stepping in.

---- ----

Magnus and Jesse's Apartment - Living Room

There was a knock on the door.

Valentine opened it to see Jace and Kaylin. He looked at Kaylin in surprise. "Kaylin. You came too."

Kaylin smiled a small smile. "Hey, Magnus."

"It's a surprise you came along," Valentine told her. He looked at Jace. "Jace. Thank you so much for coming."

"Yeah, of course," Jace told him.

Jace and Kaylin walked in.

"Uh, so, what's this surprise you want help plan for Jesse?" Kaylin asked.

Jace smirked. "I hope there's liquor involved." Valentine stared at them. Kaylin frowned. "What's up?"

"Nothing," Valentine told them. "It's just nice being like this. With the two of you. It's a shame that it has to end."

Jace and Kaylin frowned in confusion. "What?"

Valentine used magic, chaining up Kaylin and Jace.

---- ----

Institute - Prison Cells

Imogen, Clary and Sebastian walked out of the elevator.

"Inquisitor Herondale, I highly suggest you consider this plan," Sebastian told her. "You can't do execution in the Institute."

"I'm sure she knows what she's doing," Clary told him.

"I am," Imogen answered. "I disabled the security system."

Sebastian looked at Clary, making them all stop. "Clary. I understand your rage and hatred toward your father--"

Clary shook her head. "Don't call him that. He's not my father." Imogen seemed satisfied. "He's a monster. I'll kill him myself if I have to."

"Mr. Verlac, either help us or go," Imogen told him. "The choice is yours." She looked at Clary. "Come."

Imogen and Clary walked away.

---- ----

Valentine's Cell

Magnus was sitting on the bed.

The lights turned on.

Magnus looked up.

Clary opened the door.

Imogen, Clary and Sebastian walked in.

"Put him in the chair," Imogen told them.

Clary walked toward Magnus, while Sebastian stayed put.

"Clary, what's happening?" Magnus asked.

Clary grabbed Magnus's arm, glaring at him.

Imogen looked at Sebastian, nodding her head toward Magnus to help Clary. "Now."

Sebastian walked closer, grabbing Magnus's right arm. Clary and Sebastian pulled Magnus up, pulling him toward the chair.

"But, no--no," Magnus told them. "No. Please. Please don't do this. Don't. Don't do this." They put him on the chair. "Please, don't do this."

"Gag him," Imogen told them.

Magnus looked at Clary. "Clary, what are you doing? Please, don't--" Clary ignored him, gagging him up. Magnus's voice muffled. "Please, don't do this. Please."

Imogen glared at him. "My son is dead because of you. And it's been 23 years, and the pain just never goes away." She looked at Sebastian. "Guard the entrance."

Sebastian hesitated, looking at Clary.

Clary nodded.

Sebastian walked out slowly.

---- ----

Hallway

Jesse and Alec ran in, seeing Imogen holding a blade in front of Magnus's throat.

"Stop!" Alec called.

Sebastian frowned.

"Stop her!" Jesse called.

They ran inside.

---- ----

Valentine's Cell

Sebastian, Alec and Jesse ran in.

"Stop!" Jesse called.

Alec pulled the blade away from Magnus's throat. "It's not Valentine."

"What?" Clary asked.

Imogen frowned. "What are you talking about?"

"Azazel switched them up," Jesse told them. "It's Magnus."

Clary looked at Magnus in shock.

Magnus looked relief, lowering his head.

They saw an hologram of Valentine appeared behind the window. "I see you all found out." He looked at Imogen. "'You've taken my light, your darkness will come.'"

Clary and Alec ungagged Magnus.

"Magnus, I am so sorry," Clary told him.

"What did you just say?" Imogen asked.

"I'm repeating your words back to you," Valentine told her.

Imogen walked out.

---- ----

Hallway

Imogen stood in front of the image.

"You remember the fire message you sent to me the night Stephen died. The good news is, in exchange for my freedom..." The hologram showed Kaylin and Jace next to him, in cuffs. Clary and Alec looked at them in surprise, walking out to stand next to Imogen. "You get to have two of your warriors back."

Clary glared, shaking her head.

"I don't make deals with the devil," Imogen told him.

"You chose the wrong bait," Kaylin told him.

"Yeah, for all she cares, you could slaughter us right now," Jace told him.

"I don't think so," Valentine told them. "Kaylin is important to Clarissa and Alec, and Imogen wouldn't dare slaughter her grandson."

Imogen frowned slightly.

Jace scoffed. "After all your lies, you expect me to believe I'm a Herondale?"

"Stephen Herondale was your father, and his wife Céline was your mother," Valentine told him. "You ever think about poor Céline? Nine months pregnant when she took her own life. Her dead body ravaged by werewolves, her unborn son eaten alive. Or was he?"

Imogen shook her head slightly. "You didn't."

"The Clave took so much from me," Valentine told her. "So I took something in return. But I'm sure you want further proof."

Valentine held up a silver ring.

"My family ring," Imogen said. "Where did you get that?"

"Off Céline's very hand," Valentine answered. Imogen and Jace stared at each other. "You have one hour to meet my demands or Kaylin and your grandson dies."

Kaylin looked at him.

Clary looked at him, shocked. "What?"

The hologram disappeared.

Imogen and Clary looked at each other.

----/----

Magnus and Jesse's Apartment - Living Room

Jace was leaning against the wall, still in cuffs.

Kaylin was facing Valentine, glaring at him.

"Don't worry, Kaylin, I'm not really going to hurt you," Valentine told her.

"Yeah, right," Kaylin told him.

"It was a meaningless threat," Valentine told her. Kaylin rolled her eyes. "You're my daughter, I'm not going to kill you. Jace, on the other hand..."

Jesse walked in, leading Magnus.

Jace, Valentine and Kaylin looked at them.

Jesse glared at Valentine. "It's just us."

"Good," Valentine told her. "Put the wards up."

Jesse glared, using magic to do as he said, closing the door.

---- ----

Building's Hallway

Clary, Alec and Sebastian walked down the hall toward Magnus's and Jesse's apartment.

Alec glanced at Clary. "I don't know why you felt the need to bring him here."

"We need all the help we can get," Clary told him.

They reached to the door, seeing the wards were up.

"Wards are up," Alec told them. "Jesse must have been forced to put them up."

Sebastian looked at Clary. "Look, we're gonna need you."

Clary looked at him. She looked at the door, sighing softly, pulling out her stele. She started to drew a rune.

---- ----

Magnus and Jesse's Apartment - Living Room

Magnus and Valentine were facing each other, a bowl with items were between them.

"You used Kaylin and Jace to get me here, now let them go," Magnus told him.

Valentine looked at Kaylin and Jace. He looked at Kaylin. "I'm sorry about that." Kaylin frowned. Valentine used magic to throw Jace and Kaylin into a room. The door slid close. Valentine opened a Portal behind Magnus. "The first person who leaves here is me."

Valentine looked at Jesse, nodding his head to the bowl.

---- ----

Building's Hallway

Clary tried to drew a rune.

It didn't work.

"Try again," Alec told her.

Clary shook her head. "I can't make it work."

"Yes, you can," Sebastian told her.

Clary tried again.

---- ----

Magnus and Jesse's Apartment - Living Room

Magnus and Valentine were facing each other, a bowl with items were between them.

Jesse stood in the middle, between them, mixing the items.

---- ----

Building's Hallway

Clary couldn't drew a rune.

Sebastian grabbed her arms, making her look at him. "Tell me what it feels like to have almost your entire family ripped away from you."

"What?" Clary asked.

Alec grabbed Sebastian's arm. "That's enough."

Sebastian looked at him. "Trust me on this, okay? Trust me." He looked at Clary. "Look, your mother? She's never coming back. Jace is not your brother. Your sister, Kaylin? She's about to die. You feel like you're all alone in this world, don't you?"

Clary had tears in her eyes. "Stop it."

"No, feel it, Clary," Sebastian told her. "Feel it."

---- ----

Magnus and Jesse's Apartment - Living Room

Magnus and Valentine were facing each other, a bowl with items were between them.

Jesse stood in the middle, between them, mixing the items.

Valentine grabbed her arm. "You try to stall... with a flick of my finger, Jace dies first."

Jesse glared at him, pulling her arm from his grip. Reading from the book. "Reddite animas nostras in earum corpora."

Valentine and Magnus took the cups, drinking.

---- ----

Building's Hallway

Sebastian was facing Clary, holding her shoulders. "Your mother is never coming back."

"Don't," Clary told him.

Sebastian ignored her. "Your father will never love you. The only reason he wanted you was to use you."

"Sebastian, this isn't working," Alec told him.

Sebastian ignored him, staring at Clary. "Your sister, your only family that you have left, that one who you share the pain, the one you care about more then anything, is going to be taken away from you."

"Stop it," Clary told him.

"I can't stop it, Clary," Sebastian told her. "That feeling that eats away at your soul, the pain, it never stops." He held the stele to her. "Now take that pain and use it."

---- ----

Magnus and Jesse's Apartment - Living Room

Magnus and Valentine were facing each other.

Jesse stood in the middle, between them. "Did it work?"

Blue mist pulled out from Valentine and Magnus's bodies. Bright light appeared in the middle. Valentine and Magnus were lifted up.

Jesse moved back.

---- ----

Building's Hallway

Alec moved Sebastian away from Clary.

Clary looked at the door, holding the stele.

---- ----

Magnus and Jesse's Apartment - Living Room

Magnus and Valentine were up in the air.

The lights disappeared.

Magnus and Valentine fell to the floor.

Jesse kneeled next to Magnus's body.

---- ----

Building's Hallway

Clary was able to drew a rune.

---- ----

Magnus and Jesse's Apartment - Living Room

The Portal behind Valentine was still open.

Valentine and Magnus slowly sat up.

Magnus looked at his hands, looking at Jesse in relief.

Jesse smiled, relief. She looked at Valentine as her smile faded.

Valentine looked toward them, quickly getting up.

Magnus grabbed his arm, standing up.

---- ----

Building's Hallway

Clary finished the rune.

The wards disappeared.

---- ----

Magnus and Jesse's Apartment - Living Room

Magnus held Valentine's arm tightly, stopping him from getting into the Portal.

Clary, Alec and Sebastian ran inside.

Valentine pushed Magnus away from him.

Jesse used magic, making a rope appear around Valentine. "Back to the Institute!"

Clary ran closer, grabbing Valentine, throwing herself and Valentine into the Portal.

The Portal disappeared.

---- ----

Institute - Prison Cells - Valentine's Cell

Valentine and Clary appeared in the cell.

Imogen's guards pulled Valentine up to his feet, holding him.

Clary stood up.

Imogen was behind the window, looking at him.

Valentine looked from her to Clary, breathing heavily. "You and Kaylin are taking the wrong side, Clarissa." Clary glared at him. "One day... you both will understand."

----/----

Evening - Magnus and Jesse's Apartment - Living Room

(Song) Falling - Harry Styles

Jesse was there alone.

Magnus walked out of a room, walking closer.

Jesse looked at him, smiling a small sad smile. "Magnus." Magnus stood in front of her. "Magnus, I'm sorry."

"That agony rune... made me relive memories I've spent... centuries trying to forget," Magnus told her.

Jesse looked at him sadly, placing her hand on his cheek. "I should have known, if I know earlier, I would have come." Magnus shook his head, placing his hand on hers. "The way 'you' acted and talked..."

"It's okay," Magnus told her, leaning his forehead against hers. "I'll be fine."

"And when I meet Azazel--" Jesse started.

"You've met him?" Magnus asked.

"Yeah," Jesse told him softly. "I know he's my father. And after Valentine pretended to be you, they both said some stuff that--that I know isn't true now that I know that it wasn't you who were here."

"Like what?" Magnus asked.

Jesse shook her head slightly. She pulled her hand away, pulling out the cuff. "Azazel told me that you made this cuff for me." Magnus stared at it. "In case I will lose control." Magnus looked down. Jesse noticed, frowning slightly. "What?"

Magnus shook his head. "Nothing."

"No, something's up," Jesse told him. "I know that face." Magnus looked at her. Jesse frowned, hurt. "Did you really made this for me? Did you do it 'cause... because you were afraid of me?"

Magnus shook his head slightly. "That's not why I made it."

Jesse raised her eyebrows. "Really?" Magnus looked down at the cuff. "Magnus... did you use it on me?"

Magnus shook his head, looking at her. "No." He sighed softly. "That's what I was afraid of. You finding out about this."

"He said--" Jesse started.

Magnus shook his head, holding the cuff with her hands. "Azazel told you lies because he wanted to use you. Dot and I did everything we could for you because we love you. I love you."

Jesse had tears in her eyes, hesitating. "Do you?" Magnus frowned. "Azazel said you always have Camille on your mind." Magnus looked away. Jesse tilted her head slightly, letting a tear fell, pulling away from him. "Magnus, I... I don't think I can do it anymore."

Magnus looked at her. "Jessica--"

"After what we both been through today..." Jesse trailed off. "I--I really want to be there for you after what happened, but... maybe you need someone else."

Magnus shook his head lightly. "Besides you, I don't need anyone else."

Jesse let another tear fell. "Maybe you wrong."

Jesse walked past him, letting her hand slip from his, walking away.

Magnus stared at the spot Jesse stood, not saying a word.

(End of Song)

---- ----

Street

It was raining.

Caroline and Simon were walking together, holding umbrellas.

"So should I call you Daylighter?" Caroline asked teasingly. "Sir Daylighter."

"I think, um, Your Lordship Daylighter," Simon told her. "I like that best."

They chuckled.

(Song) Waves - Dean Lewis

Caroline tilted her head. "Hey, don't worry about Jace not being Clary's and Kaylin's brother. Rosa's right." She smirked. "You're a catch."

Simon smiled.

They started to walk together again.

---- ----

Institute - Hallway

Clary and Kaylin were walking together with their arms linked together, talking.

Sebastian walked up to them. "Clary, Kaylin."

Clary and Kaylin turned to him.

"Hey," Kaylin told him.

Clary smiled. "Hey."

"Hey, uh, look..." Sebastian trailed off, looking at Clary. "Clary, I'm--I'm sorry if I was too hard on you. I--I hope you know I never wanted to do anything to purposefully hurt you--"

"You helped me with my runes," Clary told him. Kaylin smiled. "Thank you."

Sebastian smiled. "You're welcome."

Clary chuckled softly, placing a hand on Sebastian's shoulder, looking at Kaylin, walking away.

Kaylin looked at Sebastian. "Thanks for helping her." Sebastian nodded. "And thanks for coming with her and Alec."

"Well, I wanted to come and help," Sebastian told her. "It's, uh, it's good to be able to help others again."

Kaylin smiled. "I--I don't know how to thank you."

"Well, how would you feel about dinner?" Sebastian asked.

Kaylin looked slightly surprised. "Um..."

Sebastian frowned. "Oh God, I was too forward, wasn't I? I was."

"No," Kaylin told him. They chuckled softly. "But I... I have a boyfriend."

Sebastian nodded, looking up. "Of course you do. Of course you do, how could you not?"

Kaylin smiled shyly, chuckling softly. "Um... yeah, Alec and I." She looked at him, tilting her head. "But thank you. Again. For... for everything."

Sebastian smiled a small smile, nodding.

Kaylin walked past him, walking away.

Sebastian let his smile fad slightly, watching her walking toward Alec.

Alec and Kaylin kissed, pulling away, walking away together.

---- ----

Jade Wolf's Supply Room - Outside

The rain had stopped.

Clary walked to the door, knocking on it.

Simon slid the door open. "Hey. I was just trying to call you."

Clary walked in.

---- ----

Inside

Clary turned to Simon. "Long day."

"Yeah," Simon agreed. Clary kissed his cheek, pulling away. "Why didn't you tell me? I found out Jace isn't your brother. I was thinking maybe, um, maybe the reason you didn't tell me is 'cause you guys used to have a thing. So now that he's not your brother--"

"No," Clary told him. "Oh, Simon. Okay, look. The reason I didn't tell you is I--I didn't want you to worry and spin. Instead, all I've made you do is worry and spin."

Simon nodded slightly. "Yeah."

"I'm so sorry," Clary told him.

Simon smiled a small smile. "So we're good?"

Clary smiled. "I am not that easy to get rid of."

They chuckled, leaning closer, kissing.

---- ----

Institute - Training Room

Jace was leaning against a table, holding one of the blades.

(End of Song)

Jace saw Imogen and her guards walking closer, putting the blade on the table, standing straight.

Imogen was holding the family ring, which was now attached to a chain. She stood in front of Jace, speaking to him different than before, kinder. "Now I know where that bold defiance of yours comes from." Jace stared at her. "You're just like your father. I retrieved this from Magnus's apartment. It belongs to you now." You've had a lot taken away from you, Jace. But that's all over now. You come from a line of great and powerful Shadowhunters, from a family that has been revered by generations, and feared... by those who oppose all that is good and just. This ring signifies that. This is your birthright." She stepped closer, clapping the chain around Jace's neck. "Now, my boy. You are about to find out what it means to be a Herondale."

Jace and Imogen smiled a small smile.

Jace held into the ring around his neck, looking down at it. He looked at Imogen, happy to finally find his real family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 492 24
All rights go to the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. Heartofice97: Alex and Liv Gilbert...
418K 6.4K 200
A series of imagines from different fandoms. Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in this book. All rights go to their respective creators.
50K 1.3K 32
This book was made for entertainment purposes only. None of the original characters belong to me. Shadowhunters belongs to the rightful owners. Secon...
8.2K 137 17
Disclaimer: I do not own Shadowhunters, its character and plot. I only own Alyssa and her plot.