🐺𝒮𝓅𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓉

By notshawn

"𝔇𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔟𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔨 𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔭𝔦𝔯𝔦𝔱 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔰𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔦𝔩𝔩 𝔯𝔢𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔰𝔢 𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔴𝔯𝔞𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔫𝔡...𝔶... More

SPIRIT
Act One
|Before|
1|Starks
2|Forevermore
3|Impetuous
4|In the Wind
5|The King
6|A feast
7|Not Another Lannister
8|More North than the North
9| Distracted
11| Overestimated
12|Nice Shot

10| Gloomy Skies

279 12 1
By notshawn

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗
Caught between a strong mind,
and a fragile heart
╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

While the men of the cottage rode off early this morning, I went over to Arlo's cottage.

I nodded and watched her hand stitch with such ease and with no complications. The cottage warm from the fireplace and aroma of cranberry loaf baking in the oven; the air was sweet and in serene silence until thunder roared outside.

"How's Bran?" Arlo asked, eyes concentrated at her hand stitch.

The air was not so sweet and serene anymore. "I don't know." I muttered.

"What do you mean? You absolutely adore that boy." She asked, pausing her sewing in a heartbeat.

"I haven't seen him since I found him. I've only heard from Cyran about how he remains unconscious in his bed." I found my heart heavy once more thinking about it.

Arlo's hand reached for mine, gently covering mine "You must visit him. His eyes are closed but he can still feel your presence. He needs all the love he can get if he's to wake up."

I only hoped Arlo said those words to me earlier, she always spoke the most inspiring and honest words. She were the most inspiring and most honest.

"Come with me?" I asked

"I can't. I must work." She said, directing her eyes from me. She were most honest which is why she were never good at lying.

I slowly entered to damp ground of Winterfell, the air musky from the burning of logs. The smoke mixed in with the darkness of the sky. The feeling was different, it was quieter and it felt smaller. My eyes fell into a direction my name was called in. Catelyn Stark exited the castle with high alarmed eyes, wild like the boars in the woods.

Her eyes left mine and turned to her son and the ward of the North as the walked through our path. Her eyes were still alarmed and filled with out most concern. "Robb, Theon. In the quarters now." She demanded.

Robb and Theon looked at one another taking note of her tone. Catelyn's eyes returned to me "Eila get your uncles and come to the quarter immediately, do you understand?"

I was concerned but I nodded and she waved me off.

I retrieved Erebus and Cyran and returned to Winterfell with them both by my side. They questioned me but I had no answers. We entered the room to see a wave of relief run over catelyn's face.

"Shut the door." She commanded, she was quick and cautious.

"My lady..." Cyran began before she cut him off.

"Now's not the time. I found a strand of blond hair in the tower. I feel that the Lannisters are up to no good, they're conspiring against us." Catelyn explained, some of us in this room looked at her as if she were mad. She spiraled uncontrollably with passion in her words.

"Mother, how are you sure?" Robb inquired.

"Someone pushed Bran off that tower." She said

My head shot up as my eyes widened, I was not the only one with such a thought.

"Eila." Cyran said

"What is it, dear?" Catelyn asked as she stepped towards me.

All eyes landed on me, I swallowed hard before speaking. "I have watched Bran climb every inch of this castle and not once have I seen him fall not even the slightest slip. He couldn't have fallen off a tower he has climbed before. I've seen him, many many times."

Catelyn stepped back and slowly sat down, her eyes pondering. "I must ride North to notify your father of this." She glanced at Robb.

Cyran pulled me aside, his blue eyes peering down at me "You're certain Bran did not fall from the tower?"

"I've never been more sure of this in my life. Quite Frankly..." I leaned in closer "Ever since the King and the Lannisters rode to Winterfell, the Starks have been dividing."

Erebus joined in, exchanging a look with Cyran. Cyran sighed lightly "Lady Catelyn mustn't ride South with such little protection. You can't assume a safe trip South without danger lurking in the shadows."

I looked at Erebus who seemed to understand what Cyran was getting to. "Eila." Cyran said

"Yes?" I asked returning my eyes to Cyran "I must leave Winterfell to assist and aid Catelyn Stark south but if you so much not approve, I will not."

Cyran asked me, not anyone else but me. How could I say no when Cyran is the perfect protector to safely guid Catelyn through her journey, The honorable Guardian from war? That would be selfish.

Erebus's expression changed slightly, only If I could read his mind. "If you feel you must then you must go. I know Lady Stark will be safe and transported South in one piece if you were there along her side. You don't need my permission to do what you do best." I spoke smoothly.

Cyran smiled lightly and pulled me into his chest, hugging me gently with a kiss to my forehead. When he released me, he walked towards the others "Lady Catelyn, it would be my honor to assist you on your travels South."

A heavy feeling turned over my stomach hearing Lady Stark accept Cyran's offer.

This is the right thing to do.

•*•*
In the dark of the night, Lady Stark and her group of protectors assembled with horses. Lady Stark bid farewell to her son, speaking to him while Cyran approached Erebus and I. He finished setting up with horse, he was ready to leave.

He held a gentle expression as he sighed, his blue eyes on me as he neared us. He blinked his eyes to Erebus. "I don't want to see another branch mark on her face when I return." He pointed his index finger at him.

"Nature has its own course of life." Erebus said earning a hard look from me.

Cyran shook his head shortly before resting his eyes on me, he sighed "I'll return soon."

I sighed "Just...make sure you're alive when you do. I'd hate to bring you back to life just to kill you myself for dying on me."

His lip curved upward "I promise I'll return to you."

A sting ran across my heart without the specification of being alive because he couldn't promise that. He held his arms and pulled me into his arms once again, my face resting on his chest as he held me, as I held him. A sudden wave of fear washed over me.

"I'm sorry, I'm leaving you alone with Erebus, I'll make it up to somehow." Cyran said

I stifled a chuckled as we parted, his eyes looked at me softly. He leaned forward just enough to kiss the top of head once more "This isn't goodbye."

"Then stop making it seem like one. Go and protect Lady Stark, bring her back and you right beside her." I said as I gently shoved him away.

He gave me a bleak smile, his eyes looking to Erebus "I'll see you soon, brother." Erebus said as he placed his hand out.

The two gripped onto each other's forearm "See you soon, Erebus."

Cyran bid me a small smile before he turned away and walked to his horse, mounting the horse and waiting. Lady Stark got on her horse, she gave me a gentle smile and held her hand for me. I neared her "Watch out for my sons. You're stronger than most, Eila. I know you will do well for me." She said softly.

I only nodded shortly and backed away as she gave a command to leave. She looked at her son once more before exiting the gates, Cyran leaving last. My eyes watching the back of him until he disappeared out of the castle.

"He'll return soon" Erebus said from behind, his hand resting on my shoulder.

"How do you know?" I asked as I stared into the darkness.

"We always do." He replied

I turned around, looking Erebus in the eyes as his expression was unchanged. Not the slightest emotion of sadness or worry, not even now.

"Looks like you're the Lord of Winterfell, now." My eyes went to Theon who patted Robb's shoulder who didn't seem pleased.

"And we're a member short." I muttered to Erebus before I turned away, leaving the castle.

this is not goodbye....

....protect my sons....

—————->

I sat on the wooden chair beside the bed as time passed, the fire grew warmer and warmer as I just sat there. My hand gripping onto the arm of the chair as I stared at the sleeping Bran on his bed. The young direwolf, Summer, by his side with a sullen look on her face. I knew I've been sitting for quite sometime when I began to get heated under my cloak. I took it off and tossed it on the chair as I stood up. I walked over to the bed slowly, kneeling down on the floor as I examined the small features of Bran's face.

The sight of him made me weary, saddened by the way he lyed. "Oh, Bran." my hand reached to his face, gently stroking hair off of his warm forehead. "Who did this to you?"

His skin was warm and chest heaving up and down with every breathe, he were alive but not awake and It was a stab through the heart for me.

But why did my heart feel so weak?

I took his small hand into my cold ones "You must wake up, Bran. Everyone's waiting for you. I'm waiting for you, Silly boy. I need my little apprentice back. Jon's gone to The Wall and Cyran's headed South with your mother, I could use a little light right now."

My eyes began to burn, I shut them close as I rested my head on the bed. Bran's hand warmed mine as I rested on the thought of him being alive. My eyelids grew heavy and soon I couldn't open them.

My head shot up following an abrupt gasp and a movement within my hand. My eyes widened at the sight of Bran's brown eyes looking into mine. "Bran." I whispered as I stared at him.

"What happened?" His voice came out soft and worried like.

He was awake. The thought shook me, I jolted up with a blanket falling off of me. I climbed on top of the bed and kneeled beside Bran as he slowly sat up.

"Where's my mother and father?" He questioned. He threw the cover half off of his body as if he were going to get up but he froze as his eyes fell to his legs "Why can't I feel my legs?" His baby brown eyes looked up to me in a way that made my stomach turn.

"Bran" I grabbed his hand gently "You fell off the broken tower and had a rough fall, You're alive but-but you no longer have control of your legs."

"Eila..." Robb's words trailed off as he walked into the room and his eyes widened at the sight of Bran.

Robb explained everything that's happened since Bran lied asleep from their father becoming the King's Hand to their mother heading South with news. Bran didn't seen affected too much, now he lied in bed as Robb began questioning as I sat by Bran.

"I don't remember anything." Bran said becoming agitated by Robb's questions.

Robb was going to press further until I spoke "Robb." His eyes directed to me "A word."

I slid off the bed and headed out the door hearing Robb follow after me. I stopped and turned to face him.

"He just woke up, let him rest. He doesn't need to be questioned especially since he said he can't remember anything. He needs his family, he needs his brother. Your father and mother are gone, you need to go in there and comfort him." His eyes watched me attentively.

"How?" Robb asked in a soft voice, his eyes on the ground.

Was it fear in his eyes? Afraid after everything that has occurred, or perhaps stress and being overwhelmed.

"You're his brother, just be that." I replied "I'll just say goodnight and be on my..."

"Stay." Robb interrupted.The way he looked at me sent an unfamiliar feeling in my stomach.

"For Bran." I said, unknowingly the words slipped out of my mouth.

"For Bran." He said with a short nod.

I nodded and returned to the bedroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58K 1.7K 51
Starts as a Robb Stark x Reader Chapter Series. The reader is a young northern lady from a small house, about as far north in Westeros as you can get...
272K 6.7K 43
Note: Hi! Aries here. Just FYI I wrote this fic during covid when I was like... 15? 16? Presently I am 19 and I now think that this book is rather cr...
55.7K 1.4K 23
Vitoria Martell had one goal in her life: gain revenge for the murder of her aunt and cousins. 𝙰𝚛𝚛𝚢𝚗. 𝙱𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚘𝚗. 𝙻𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛. �...
45.9K 2.1K 69
❝𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝑒 𝒻𝒶𝓁𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓈𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝒶𝒸𝒽❞ Nymeria doesn't belong anywhere. She's out of place and if she's not careful, s...