Chasing Char<3 (One Direction...

By saveyoutonight

Your normal love story. They meet , boom it's love at first sight, they get married, make beautiful babies an... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Date week: day1
Date week: day2
Date week: day3
Date week: day4
Date week: day5
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter TwentyOne
Chapter TwentyTwo
Chapter TwentyThree
Chapter TwentyFour

Chapter Nine

1.7K 27 3
By saveyoutonight

Chapter 9:

It was the end of my fifth show as stage manager and not much like any other. All the others (apart from one direction of course) were amateur battle of the band competition finals and things like that. Tonight was the opening night for The Wanted’s sold out UK tour. They start at the o2 with just one show and then 6 months later return for another 4 to finish off the tour, so this show was rather crucial.

There was a distinctive feeling of déjà vu as I nervously walked to the dressing rooms to meet them, I don’t know what I was expecting- but I wasn’t prepared for it. I suppose I thought they would be a bit like 1D- but possibly more reserved because I don’t think anyone’s quite like them. To be totally honest they were complete and utter sweethearts. Although quiet, they are certainly charming- especially that cheeky Nathan chap. I lost count of the number of subtle chat-up lines he used on me; by the time I had left we had moved onto rude ones. I didn’t stay as long with them- this was partly because their concert was more technical and I just wanted to double check everything. There was also the fact that they had started their pre-show rituals, and I really didn’t want to get in the way of that.

At the end of the (successful) show, the boys came and said their thanks and even invited me out for a couple of drinks but I had to refuse. I need to get up early for certain reasons. I got changed, and caught a taxi home (might as well indulge- and it’s not so nice walking through the streets of London on your own at 11 o’clock at night).

When I got home, Ciara was waiting for me, with a scary look on her face.

‘Well, Miss Char: since you failed to spill about last night, last night- I’m afraid it has to be now.’

‘Alright then.’ I took my coat off and went into my bedroom. I placed it and the clothes I had been wearing for the performance into the open suitcase sat on the floor, I put on my pyjamas and did my usual facial routine: (scrub, cleanse, moisturise and balm)- then all of these went into my suitcase along with the entire contents of my bathroom that I wouldn’t need in the morning.

‘Come on Char.’ Ciara shouted impatiently,

‘Coming dear,’ I walked into the living room and sat down next to her on the sofa. ‘Well… what do you want to know?’

‘Everything.’ She stated,

‘Well, first I said hi, and then he said hi…’

‘Char…’ Ciara interrupted

‘Yeah?’

‘Maybe, skip to the interesting part?’

‘Okay that was a lie anyway. So we got in a limo, and drove to this really fancy hotel in Covent Garden. And then we had a really nice, posh dinner. And then he took me out into the plaza and there was a little steel drum band playing and we danced together- and then we took a scenic route back through Hyde Park and yeah.’

‘Awwwwwww, that’s so romantic.’

‘Right…’ I scoffed, ‘It was really thoughtful of him. Although I made a complete fool out of myself dancing.’

‘You’re so lucky.’ She groaned, ‘I wish I could get some luck in my love-life.’

‘What? What about Ben               , your sexy-ass boyfriend?’ I nudged her,

‘Yeah… things aren’t so great at the moment.’

‘What do you mean?’ I asked,

‘He broke up with me.’

‘Oh my god I’m so sorry Cici. When? How? Why?’

‘An hour ago, because he found someone else.’ At this I was on my feet and extremely pissed,

‘What an arse.’

‘He needs a good old beating’ I picked up my phone. ‘In fact, I’ll get Harry and Louis and the rest to go and pay him a visit now, that absolute w...’

‘Char, it’s fine.’

‘No it’s not fine.’

‘Charlotta Edwards!’ she shrieked,

‘What?’ I shrieked back,

‘It’s fine. I wanted it over to.’

‘Are you’re sure’

‘I’m sure, I’m sure. Now put down your phone and get the Ben and Jerry’s!’ I did and we sat down and put on the telly. ‘Now it’s time for some Jeremy Kyle to make us feel good about ourselves and you’re gonna tell me all about your concert this evening.’

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I lay in bed that night, my thoughts swung between work and a certain charming boy names Louis. There was reason I hadn’t had a boyfriend or been on a date since I left secondary school and that was because I really didn’t need anyone holding me back. I had aim and a determination that couldn’t be tamed. I also had my grandpa to worry about.

I don’t know what it was about Louis that made me accept his offer of a date. The fact I now have a pretty secure future and no more financial worries I could relax a lot more and enjoy my young years. But I’m not sure if I want all the media attention that comes with being associated with the boys. I’m sure my new job will come with some of it due to parties like One Direction’s and possibly awards- I think I’m getting ahead of myself here (slightly), but I can be hopeful. I don’t know how Dani and Perrie cope, although Perrie’s famous anyway because of being in little mix and winning the X-Factor!

I was interrupted from my thought by a loud crack on my window. I lay there puzzled- listening out for more noises when it happened again. I reluctantly got out of bed- excuse me for being comfortable- and crossed my room to the window. I opened it slowly:

‘Hello?’ I whisper shouted out of my second storey flat window,

‘Char?’ A whisper shouting voice came back,

‘Who are you?’

‘It’s Louis!’

‘What on earth are you doing here?’ I glanced over at the illuminated clock on my bed side table and groaned.’ It’s 3 in the morning.’

‘Can I come in?’

‘No.’

‘Why not?’

‘Cause you’ll wake Ciara.’

‘Well… can you come down?’ He asked hopefully,

‘What do you want?’

‘To talk, please? Just for 10 minutes?’

‘Fine, just give me 5.’ I said before shutting the window and closing the curtains over- I went over to the door and turned the light on. Once my drooping eyes were accustomed I quickly pulled some knitted leggings on over my pyjama shorts and a cream knitted cardigan on over my flowery tank top. I picked up my phone and keys and hurried through the living room and out of the flat. Louis was sat out on the pavement.

‘What on earth do you want at this un-godly hour?’ I complained,

‘We’re going on a picnic.’ He grinned,

‘What?’ I gaped, but its three o’clock in the morning and freezing.’

‘It’s hardly freezing.’ At that moment I shivered.

‘Okay, so maybe it is a bit cold. Here, have my jacket.’ He shrugged it off and held it out to me. I was about to reach for it when he took it and positioned it for me to put my arms in.

‘Very gentlemanly.’ I said as I slipped into it. ‘But do we have to?’

‘Thank you- I try. And yes! We do. Now come along milady.’ I linked my arm thorough his. We started walking towards the ecology park on the peninsula.

‘So why did you feel the need to drag me out of bed at this time so that we could have a picnic in a park?’

‘I just did.’ He shrugged his shoulders but I could see in his eyes that there was something behind it. 10 minutes later and I was laying out the blanket that Louis brought whilst he unpacked the picnic basket. We ate- I mean seriously ate, Louis had thought of everything: sandwiches, sausage rolls, pork pies, jam tarts, marshmallows, grapes, olives, crackers, cheese, pitta breads, chocolate coated strawberries, meringues, chocolate cake and much more. Once we had consumed as much food as possible: and then some, we wrapped a second blanket around us and sipped tea from a flask.

‘This is beautiful.’ I commented,

‘You’re beautiful.’ Louis breathed,

‘Less cheese.’ I smiled, ‘and less fibs.’

‘But it’s true.’ He complained. ‘Char?’

‘Yes Louis?’

‘Will you be my girl…’ he paused for a few moments and I held my breath in wait for the end of that sentence- I didn’t want to answer it. ‘Never mind, but can I take you on another date?’

I let my breath out in relief and gladly accepted his offer- I loved doing things like this with him but I really wasn’t ready for commitment yet, it wasn’t like me at all. We decided that as it was now 5.30 we may as well stay for the sunrise. Half an hour later and it was imminent. When it finally showed it took my breath away.

It was easily the most beautiful thing I had ever seen on the planet.

‘Shall I compare thee to a summers rise?’

‘What?’ I asked,

‘Shakespeare just seemed to fit.

‘But you got it wrong.’ I frowned,

‘Shhhh.’

‘You’re such a goon Louis,’

‘Thank you,’

‘It wasn’t really a compliment.’

‘Just shhhh.’

I swatted his arm. ‘What do you think?’ I asked,

‘Amazing.’ We stayed just long enough for the sun to be fully up. Then we packed up and walked home.

‘You realise I didn’t get any sleep what so ever last night?’ I commented

‘I do, but would you have anyway?’ he replied,

‘I doubt it; I’m just so excited for tomorrow- no today. And nervous.’

‘Why are you nervous?’

‘It’s just such a big change.’ I swung our connected hands back and forth.

‘Well you’ve got Ciara, and me and the boys and Danielle and Perrie. You’ll be fine, it’ll be fun.’ He reassured me.

‘Oh I have no doubt about that- especially with you there.’ I grinned, ‘Well this is me.’ We had reached the flats by now.

‘I’ll walk you up, I may as well stay now- no point going home.’ So we did, as soon as we got in the door Ciara pounced on us.

‘Where have you been? I went into your bedroom an hour ago and you weren’t there and I got worried. Oh hi Louis, and then you wouldn’t answer your phone.

‘Sorry mother.’

‘Hi Ciara.’ Louis waved,

‘Just please leave a note next time you go sneaking off to the park to canoodle with your lover-boy.’

‘Wait, how did you know we were in the park?’

‘Sugarscape.’ She shrugged,

‘WHAT?!?!’ I shrieked,

‘Keep it down; you didn’t think you could keep it a secret long did you? You hardly made any efforts to keep it hidden?’

‘Keep what hidden?’

‘You tow, ya know- the whole Chouis thing.’

‘Chouis?’ Louis questioned,

‘It’s your couple name. I must say it’s not bad and there are some lovely photos of you snuggled up under the blanket watching the sun. Thank God you didn’t get up to something naughty, that would’ve been a nightmare.’ She babbled,

‘Okay, Ciara- I think I will just go and get some sleep before we have to be up. The other boys are due in 3 hours.’

‘Yeah me to.’

‘Awww.’ Ciara cooed,

‘On the sofa.’ Louis added,

‘Night Lou, night Ciara.’

‘Night Char.’ Louis said,

‘It’s morning, but night.’ Ciara said before disappearing into her room- probably to finish packing.

‘Ready to move house?’ Louis asked after he kissed me on the forehead goodnight.

‘You’re never ready for anything when it involves Ciara, but I’m as ready as I’ll ever be.’ I smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 117 31
[COMPLETED] Katie and her friends were normal girls living in their dream city, London. But when they meet One Direction, they become not-so-normal...
7.6K 168 21
When you live in a world of two different lives fate comes and does it's thing right? Meet Louis Tomlinson huge pop star. He loves what he does singi...
3.7M 24.9K 80
They met at a party, just years before. Louis knew she was someone special, someone he wanted to be with. Was it the matching blue eyes? Or the way h...
467 17 7
Louis seems like the happiest person ever, he always puts a smile on everyone's face, but the truth is that he is a sad, unhappy and depressed person...