inspirations // harry styles

By perksofbeingaweirdo

After Harry continues to struggle to keep up with the others, the boys' manager suggest Harry get an inspirat... More

inspirations
chapter one // run-ins.
chapter two // companions.
chapter three // the first date.
chapter four // the first date {part two}.
chapter five // aftermath.
chapter six // beautiful night.
chapter seven // song writers.
chapter eight // blast from the past.
chapter nine // sogginess.
chapter ten // sticks and stones.
chapter twelve // distractions.
chapter thirteen // g.n.o.
chapter fourteen // g.n.o {part two}.
chapter fifteen // hungover.
chapter sixteen // the coffee house.
chapter seventeen // alicia.
chapter eighteen // fangirling.
chapter nineteen // more than words.
chapter twenty // time is ticking.
chapter twenty-one // i think we're alone now.
chapter twenty-two // insider information.
chapter twenty-three // good ol' bonding.
chapter twenty-four // make new friends, but keep the old.
chapter twenty-five // letting go.
chapter twenty-six // restless.
chapter twenty-seven // great news.
chapter twenty-eight // all or nothing.
chapter twenty-nine // too much celebration?
chapter thirty // distractions.
chapter thirty-one // i was made to keep your body warm.
chapter thirty-two // relief.
chapter thirty-three // tsunami tides.
chapter thirty-four // surrender up my heart.
chapter thirty-five // reaching the breaking point.
chapter thirty-six // make it without you.
chapter thirty-seven // stubborn.
chapter thirty-eight // doctors to heal the wounds.
chapter thirty-nine // you don't even know.
chapter forty // blame it on the rain.
{epilogue}
TEASER - "The Traveller"
Author's Note!

chapter eleven // big steps.

108K 1.4K 721
By perksofbeingaweirdo

Olivia's POV

Tea had left halfway through the day, after I promise an entire day devoted to just her in the very future. I feel bad that yet again, Harry occupies my time.

I still am unsure whether Tea likes Harry. I very well couldn't just ask her right in front of him. The entire day I would catch her studying him carefully as if she were suspicious. I make a mental note to call her the minute I'm alone.

I pause the movie we're watching - Bridesmaids, one of my favorites of all time - after realizing that Harry's been in the kitchen an awfully long time.

"Harry!" I call out, "You're going to miss the best part," I warn him, sitting up on the couch.

I get up on my knees, resting my elbows on the back of the couch, trying to glance into the kitchen, where Harry's been doing some cooking for nearly a half hour.

"Nearly finished!" He calls back out. I can tell he's smiling just by the tone of his voice. Uh-oh. What's he doing in there?

Skeptical, I plop back down on the couch. Gratitude fills my chest with joy. I'm lucky to have a guy like Harry. I can't recall ever there a time when I was sad and Tate had stayed with me until I was happy again. He never just cuddled with me on a couch as we watched my favorite movies.

I had turned my phone off and put my laptop away in my bedroom, not wanting to be bothered by what other people thought of me. I just need this day off, I'm not giving up on those sites forever. That would mean that they won.

If One Direction ever split up, Harry would be a fantastic life coach.

"Olivia, come here!" Harry shouts frantically.

My heart speeds up in surprise. Is he burning the kitchen down? Is he hurt? How did I know that he was up to no good?

I hop off the couch and sprint towards the kitchen. I stop in confusion once I walk through the threshold. The lights are off and candles are burning all around the kitchen, creating a dim light everywhere.

"Harry?" I call out for the missing boy, who is nowhere to be found.

Suddenly coming from the doorway behind me I hear a guitar strumming. I whip around to see Harry holding a guitar and flashing me his famous cheeky smile. He looks unbelievable in the dim lights, I can't even suppress my own smile from my own face.

"What are you - " I start to ask, but he starts to play the guitar, after giving me a wink.

He walks closer to me, closing his eyes and strumming on the guitar with much feeling. What in the world?

"There's something in your eyes,"

My jaw slightly drops when he starts to sing quietly. My breath is literally sucked straight from my lungs.

"Is everything alright?
You look up to the sky,
You long for something more,
Darling.
"

He opens his eyes to look directly into mine. I have to hold onto my kitchen counter to avoid fainting  right here and now.

Has he written a song about me?

"Give me your right hand,
I think I understand.
Follow me and you will never have to wish again.
"

Tears start to well up in my eyes and my trembling hands cover my mouth.

"I know that after tonight,
You don't have to look up at the stars,
No, no, no, no,
I know by the end of tonight,
You don't have to look up at the stars.
And I know if the love is alright,
You don't have to look up at the stars.
No, no, no, no,
I know by the end of tonight,
You don't have to look up at the stars."

He belts out as if he wanted the whole world to hear him. My heart skips a beat in my chest as tears continue to threaten to spill over my face.

"Tell me how you feel,
& if I'm getting near.
I'll tell you where to -"

He starts the second verse, but I can't sit still any longer. I throw my arms around his neck and plant a big kiss on his lips, unable to help myself. I can feel his sudden surprise turn into a grin.

"I wasn't finished you know," He murmurs, his lips still pressed against mine.

"I know, I just couldn't wait," I admit, my cheeks turning a light pink.

Harry sets his guitar down on the ground beside him and wraps his arms around my waist. I wipe the tears from my cheeks and laugh, rather embarrassed. I'm not much of a crier, so I've even taken myself by surprise.

"Olivia, since the day I ran into, I have been crazy over you," He whispers, his nose nearly grazing my own. I stare into his beautiful green eyes, thankful that he's hanging onto me because I feel as if I'm going to float away, "I think you're the craziest, funniest, nicest, most beautiful girl in the entire world. I wish the paparazzi would follow us around everywhere, because I want to show you off to everyone, just so they know I'm the luckiest guy ever." He smiles, his dimples making an appearance.

I tighten my grip on him, never wanting to let go of him. What have I done to deserve a guy like this?

"These past few days have honestly been the best days of my life. It's as if I found the missing piece to my life. You just fit in perfectly," He admits, brushing my bangs out of my eyes gently, his fingertips barely skimming my forehead.

He reaches around me and picks something up from the counter behind him. He puts a plate in between us as I release my grip on him.

I look down at a rather messy looking cake. A gasp leaves my lips as I read the frosting.

In Harry's handwriting, written in purple frosting - my favorite color - are the words 'Be My Girlfriend?'. I look up to Harry in wide eyes. Is this really happening? He smiles at me, waiting my answer.

It's as if I have forgotten how to speak. My insides melt as I look into the face of the most beautiful, talented, funny, charming boy I have ever met. And he wants me - a plain jane girl - when he could have models? Is this the world playing a cruel trick on me?

"Olivia, I'd be honored if you'd take me to be your boyfriend," He smiles, holding the cake out proudly.

I wish I had a camera on me so I could remember this image for the rest of my life.

"Of course I will," I whisper, after my brain starts to work once again.

Harry sets down the cake quickly and wraps his arms around me, pressing his lips to mine in the best kiss I have ever had. My heart thumps loudly, echoing in my head, probably worried that it's going to stop at any moment because of all of this excitement.

 I run my fingers through his dark, curly hair, holding on to him as if my life depended on it.

Harry Styles, from the international boy band One Direction, is my boyfriend.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, I hear a loud banging on my kitchen window. Jumping nearly a foot in the air, I remove my lips from Harry's. Clutching onto Harry for dear life, I turn to see the culprit - or should I say culprits.

Grinning like mad-men I see Zayn, Louis, Niall and Liam waving from the other side of my window. They give me thumbs-up and high-five each other. I can't help but to laugh. What would be this moment without the other boys here?

"I was really nervous, so I called them for support." Harry admits. I can barely see the blush appear on his cheeks. Smiling, I lean over and kiss his blushing cheeks.

"Oi!" Louis' loud voice rings out, accompanied with a loud bang on the window, "Are you just going to make us sit out here, or are you going to invite us in?" He asks, pretending to pout.

I look to Harry, raising my eyebrows. Should we or shouldn't we? He chuckles under his breath.

"Do you hear something?" He asks, trying his hardest to hide his smile, but doing an awful job at it.

"Nope," I go along with it, shrugging my shoulders.

"It's bloody hot out here!" Zayn complains, banging on the window.

I can't contain my laughter at this point. I'm practically doubling over with laughter. Though the boys stuck outside on this hot summer day don't seem to find it as funny as I do.

"I can't believe he just said the word 'bloody', how stereotypical," I manage to choke out between my fits of laughter.

That causes Harry to laugh even louder. We laugh all the way to the front door. We take our sweet time unlocking it. Harry even steals a kiss before the door swings open.

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Olivia, you're so funny, you should be a comedian," Zayn mutters sarcastically as he stomps into my house. The three other boys look just as amused as him as they walk past Harry and I.

Immediately the boys make themselves at home in my house. They take off their shoes and wrestle their way into the living room. Liam follows behind them, picking up anything they mess up.

"Congratulations, you two," Liam smiles sweetly at Harry and I. Harry places his arms around my waist, holding on to me even tighter. I look up to smile at him, but he's eyeing Liam up, almost looking at him with suspicion.

"Thanks, Liam," I smile, elbowing Harry. He sees my confused face and replaces his look of suspicion with a great big, cheeky smile.

We join the others in the living room, who are already starting to terrorize the place as if they're toddlers. They have my laptop on and are taking goofy photos with my web-cam. I roll my eyes once Harry jumps over the couch to join in on the fun.

It's as if I've just got myself a full-time babysitting job.

"Olivia," Niall whines, abandoning his spot on the couch, "Do you have anything to eat?" He asks, flashing me his most charming smile.

And I fall for it, of course. Who can deny this cute Irish boy anything? That'd be like kicking a puppy.

"Come on," I smile, grabbing his hand and pulling him into the kitchen, which is still dimly-lit with all the candles. The beautiful scene makes me smile once more. It'll be a moment I'll never forget.

I catch Niall frowning as he watches me. I wipe the dopey grin off my face and rummage through my fridge. I pull out some leftover pizza and find a bag of chips in the cupboard. Niall's frown is replaced by a look of pure joy when I place the food in his hands.

"Thank you," He gushes and plants a kiss on my cheek, taking me by surprise.

"Watch yourself, Horan," Harry appears out of nowhere, "She's mine," He points a finger of warning at Niall and pulls me into his arms.

Although I know he's joking, I do see a bit of jealousy in his eyes. He holds me much closer to him than usual. Just wanting to mess with Harry, I wriggle free from his tight grasp.

"You better watch yourself, Styles," I smirk, "Because I may be yours, but Niall's mine," I throw an arm around an innocent-looking Niall.

Harry narrows his eyes, his lips turned down into a frown as I plant a delicate kiss on Niall's cheek. I watch as Niall turns nearly scarlet.

"Oh no you didn't," Harry warns me. I take the warning and sprint out of the kitchen at top speed.

I can hear Harry racing after me as I break into the living room. I hop over the back of the couch, landing directly into Liam's lap, scaring the heck out of him.

"Save me!" I squeal, trying to sandwich myself between Louis and Liam. They just look at me as if I were nuts.

I happen to glance over to my laptop, which is resting in Zayn's lap, just as I see my twitter account pulled up. Confused, I study it more carefully.

@Oliviaaahh I should be more careful when leaving my laptop in the hands of @zaynmalik @Louis_Tomlinson @Real_Liam_Payne @NiallOfficial and @Harry_Styles

And attatched to the tweet was a photo of all of them making ridiculously goofy faces. So much for laying low for the rest of the day.

"I'm going to kill you gu-" I start to shout at them, but something grabs hold of my ankles and whisks me off of the couch.

I land right on my butt in the face of an amused Harry. Still not done, he wrestles me to the ground and pins my hands down, making me completely stuck.

"Niall!" I shout, trying my hardest not to laugh.

Harry just leans in closer to my face, pressing his forehead against mine. I can feel his warm breath on my face and I get slight goosebumps.

"You're mine and you always will be," He whispers, trying to sound sinister, but fails completely. Instead he sounds like the world's cutest boyfriend.

I lean my face forward, as if I'm going in for a kiss - Harry falls right for it and leans forward as well, closing his eyes - but instead I lick his nose.

"Never!" I shout, before erupting in laughter.

"Yuck, Olivia!" Harry gets up, still sitting on top of me, but wipes his nose dry. The boys seated on the couch - now joined by Niall - laugh along with me.

Harry narrows his eyes and leans down to pin my hands to the ground once more. This time I do lean forward and plant a kiss on his lips.

"Of course I'm yours," I whisper, just quiet enough for Harry to hear.

He responds with a quick peck on my lips, earning a chorus of 'aww's from the couch. I stick my tongue out in their direction.

Then out of nowhere, I hear something at the door.

"Shhh!" I hiss at the boys, who are all joking and returning to their loud conversations - despite being right next to one another.

They quiet down immediately and my thoughts are confirmed when I hear the lock in the front door opening and the door handle being twisted several times.

"Olivia, are you in there? It's mom and dad! We forgot our keys," I hear shouted from the other side of the door.

My heart freezes as I look to Harry. The boys all freeze in their places as well. This is not good. This is not good at all. My parents have always had a strict 'no boy' tolerance level. Tate would have to wait to come over until my parents were gone.

"I'll be right there, give me a minute!" I call back, nearly throwing Harry off of me.

The boys all get to their feet, panic racing through them as well. I try my best to think on my feet but it's as if my brain has frozen under pressure.

"Go upstairs and into my bedroom!" I whisper to them, pushing them in the direction of the stairs.

They move as quickly as their feet will carry them. I head in the opposite direction, towards the front door. I make a quick sweep of the rooms visible. Panicking, I throw their shoes under the couch before unlocking the front door.

"Hey mom and dad," I smile, completely out of breath.

My parents enter the house - dressed in their business suits like always - greeting me with a smile. My dad pats my head as he sets their suitcases down.

"Good lord, Olivia, the house is a mess," Mom comments, looking into the living room which has been left a mess due to the exiting of the boys with so much haste.

"I wasn't expecting you guys to be home already," I explain, doing my best to appear innocent.

Dad takes off his suit jacket and places it on the coat rack, looking exhausted - much to my luck. Mom looks equally as tired as she slips out of her high heels.

"It was on the calander, dear," she sighs, "But we're extremely exhausted, sorry honey." She frowns, tucking a piece of my hair behind my ears.

"We'll have time to talk in the morning," Dad smiles, planting a kiss on my forehead.

I pray that the boys are shut in my room, out of sight and remain quiet. Otherwise all hell will break loose in this household.

"Goodnight," I smile sweetly at them, following them up the stairs.

"Goodnight, sweetie," Mom kisses my cheek before her and dad head off to bed, shutting their bedroom door behind them.

I open my bedroom door to find all five of the boys squeezed into my rather small bed. They wait for me to tell them what to do. I simply motion for them to follow me, but remind them to not make even the slightest noise.

Following behind me in a single-file line, I lead the way down the stairs and to the front door. I pull their shoes out of the closet, trying to make as least amount of noise as possible. Once I had the pair of shoes off to the correct boy, they head out the door with a wave.

Harry's shoes are last and I follow him outside once I return them to him.

"Sorry about that," I whisper, feeling rather embarrassed by the whole ordeal. I'm sure the boys never have to worry about parents, they pretty much live with no rules.

"It's quite alright," Harry assures me, pulling me into a hug.

"But I'll talk to them right away, that way we don't have to sneak around like a pair of high-schoolers," I laugh.

A bit of panic comes across Harry's face, obviously not thrilled at the thought of meeting my parents. I simply roll my eyes and laugh once more.

"They'll love you, don't worry," I assure him.

But he still doesn't look quite convinced.

"Pssst," We hear from the sidewalk. We look up to see four very impatient boys waiting by the street. "We don't have all night," Liam tells us.

Harry leans in and gives me a great big goodbye kiss, making me weak at the knees again. I hold onto him tightly, not wanting him to go at all.

"I'll talk to you tomorrow?" He asks, looking down at me with his charming green eyes.

"Of course, now get going before Liam chops off both of our heads," I smile, giving him a playful shove.

"Bye!" He whispers before jogging over to the boys.

Each of them give me a great big wave before disappearing down the sidewalk, nearly sprinting. I smile to myself as I re-enter my house. There never is a boring moment with those boys, is there?

I plop myself back down on my couch, still in awe at today's events.

Harry's my boyfriend. We're actually dating.

I never thought in a million years that a cute, charming, talent, British guy like him would go for a girl like me. (Apparently neither did the entire One Direction fanbase...) But nonetheless, I'm certainly not complaining.

I smile at the picture still up on my twitter account. I'm sure I have a million replies from that picture alone. I simply shut my laptop, not caring at all.

I'm happy and that's all that matters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: Hey guys<3

I included the song Harry wrote for Olivia in this chapter, if you remember him writing it earlier! The full lyrics are in the past chapter :)

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter as much as I did! Please leave a comment with your thoughts! Also, feel free to leave any suggestions you have for the story! I appreciate every single one of your comments. I really do! <3

Thanks again guys<3

-Never_Let_Me_Go

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Impossible By :)

Fanfiction

7.4K 393 44
Louis Tomlinson? He's a great guy who stole my heart, without even noticing. He came into my life without a warning, and now I think I love him.
1M 27.6K 39
Everybody has a story, but Mia's is definitely special. After being seperated from Shiloh, her one true love, she decides to hitch-hike across the co...
5.3K 50 23
When an average girl encounters Harry Styles her life will never be the same again
75.5K 528 29
Harry can’t believe himself. Since he introduced this girl, Eleanor, to his best friend Louis he is jealous about what he tells about her. He wants t...