Ghost Hunt Fanfiction: THAT A...

By Jira03

Mai Taniyama is just another highschool student when she met an unfeeling narcissist who came to investigate... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Author's Note
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
My Apologies!
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
EXTRA:🌲🎊Christmas Special🌲🎊
Announcement
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44: The Final Arc (01)
Chapter 45: The Final Arc (02)
Chapter 46: The Final Arc (3)
Chapter 47: The Final Arc (04)
Chapter 48: The Final Arc (05)

Chapter 05

1K 36 0
By Jira03

Screeech!!!!!!

Mai saw a man hit by a car. He was thrown meters away from it and was bloodied. Mai gasped as she saw it. Even if she keeps on dreaming about this for a year, she can't help but to be shocked at this scene.

A woman came out from the car. Her faced was blurred just like the man's. She scream when she saw the bloodied man. Shaking, she went back to the car and restart the car. The car ran over the still breathing body of the man, killing it.

Tears came running down from Mai's eyes. This is horrible. The woman came out again and dragged the body towards her trunk. She killed a sheep and put its body on the puddle of blood on the road that came from the man she had killed.

She droved to an empty shop and wrapped the body in yellow sheet. A man wearing suit came and saw the bloody yellow sheet.

"Brother!! Brother, please help me!" The woman pleaded to the man.

The next thing she saw, two men wearing black is carrying a body wrapped in a yellow sheet get on a boat. The woman who killed the man and the man in suit followed.

In the middle of the lake, the two men threw the body off the boat. And with a big splash, Mai's dream ended.

*****

Mai woke up and cried the whole night. It's Saturday and it's the day Naru and her agreed to meet in the office. Now, she's running late.

"Is this the place?" Mai asked as she look at the building and at the map given by Naru.

"Well, try it out." Mai said as she run the stairs up to the 2nd floor.

"SPR. This is it! Good morning Naru, Lin-----!!!!" Mai said opening the door but...

"First day of work and you're 23 minutes late. I really admire you." Naru said coldly as he take off his coat meaning he just arrived.

"Haha, But I admire you most, Mr. Narcissist.."

"I appreciate it but----"

"You are running late too, Naru!"

"I'm the boss!"

"It's unfair!"

"No it's not, Mai."

"Whatever. It's cold. Where is your kitchen, I'm gonna make some tea." Mai said as she was taking off her coat but she stop and frown at Naru's respond.

"We don't have some tea bags. Do you know where to get Western tea?"

"Yeah, great. I know where to buy some earl gray. Wait here." Mai said as she put on her coat again and open the door.

Naru was about to give her the cash but Mai already went out. 20 minutes later, she came back with tea bags. Lin, Naru and a woman was at the entertainment room talking about something.

"Oh, good morning Ma'am. Welcome to Shibuya Psychic Research. Would you like some tea?"

"Yes, thank you. " Said the woman and smile at the brunette.

"Naru, where's the kitchen?"

"To the right."

"Thanks."

"Hello, I'm Noriko Morishita. I'm requesting you to come to my house and investigate."

***

"This is my sister-in-law, Kana and my 8-year-old niece, Ayami. My brother is overseas on business and we are the only one in the house so I'm concerned. "

"Strange things have been happening recently. All of a sudden, our furniture will shake or there will be someone banging on the wall when there is no one in the room. Or doors will open or close all by themselves. This is just creepy."

"Who is in charge here?" Suddenly, Kana stood and asked.

"I am Kazuya Shibuya, I'm the one who is in charge here." Naru said and Kana is a bit surprised and suspicious by how young the president is. That is a normal reaction. This is also one of the reason why clients back out after learning the about the president's age.

"Oh, are there any spirits here?"

"That is what we will going to find out first."

They invited Takigawa-san and Matsuzaki-san to join us since they are so free. They set up the base and rest at the lounge for a while.

"I think it is just an earth spirit. No need to worry about it." Matsuzaki-san said as she was polishing her nails.

"No need to rush your conclusions. We are not sure yet if there are really spirits here." Mai countered as she handed tea to the both of them.

"Humph! You're just like the cold narcissistic over there."

"We will be conducting autosuggestion later to find out if it is really a work of spirits or not."

"What time will you be conducting your experiment?"

"Later, after dinner. By the way, where is Naru?" Mai asked but the two adults just shrugged their shoulders.

Mai went out and meet Noriko on the way to the playroom to give Ayami some snacks. Ayami is adorable and so is her doll but Mai felt something strange when she look closely at it. Ayami also acted strange by being gloomy all of the sudden after speaking with Mai.

Mai and Naru conducted the autosuggestion after dinner and lock the living room for a night. However, just when everyone is getting ready for bed, Mai suddenly felt a chill behind her and suddenly thought of Ayami.

"Guys, I'm gonna check on Ayami." Mai said as she went out of the room.

"Why is she going to Ayami?"

"Don't know. Maybe they have gotten so close? And Mai is a good child. Maybe giving Ayami a goodnight kiss?" Takigawa-san said.

Mai arrived at the door of Ayami and opened it. Ayami is alone in the room and was tucking in Minnie, the doll to bed. Mai sighed in relief but the bed, the furniture and the carpet moved diagonally in a fast speed. Mai was baffled for a while but woke up when she caught a glimpse of Ayami.

"Ayami, come here!" Mai screamed as she pulled Ayami out of the room. Kana who is walking towards them ran and saw that all the things in the room is away from the wall and was positioned diagonally.

"What happened?!"

"Please call them over!" Mai said as she look at the scene. Kana ran to the base and call the others. Mai checked if Ayami has injuries and thankfully, there is none.

"What happened?" Naru asked as Mai gave him her white notebook.

"All things moved in the room away from the wall. It happened for only 23 seconds and the temperature drop when the things started moving. I think it drops 20 degree from the previous temperature."

"Are you sure about this?" Naru asked her.

"Yes I'm sure. You know, I'm a bit dumb and clumsy but my senses are high."

"Wow, for a critical moment there, you still manage to get some data. I admire you!" Takigawa-san said as he hugged the brunette but she brushed her off.

A familiar chill ran through Mai's back again and ran towards a room. She opened it and nothing happened but in a tick of a clock, the furnitures went upside down. Mai's eyes went wide and rub her eyes again and again.

Takigawa-san and Naru went after her and saw her acting so childishly rubbing her eyes. Takigawa-san sighed for he thought something happened to her but was shocked by Mai's scream.

"Aaah!!! Naru! Come here quickly!!"

The two ran towards her and was shocked by what they see .. Mai kneeled down and flipped the carpet.

"Even the carpet...." Mai said shaking as she tried to stand up.

"It happened for a second. No increase or decrease of temperature. It's amazing. Even the furnitures in the wall are still hanged. This is not a work of a human!"

"I agree with you,Mai. I couldn't even do the things that happened here and in Ayami-chan's room." Takigawa said agreeing with her.

"But don't you think the reaction is too fast?" Mai asked rendering Naru speechless.

Naru look at her with a raised eyebrow. She's sharp. He was about to say that.

"You noticed that too?" Naru asked her and Mai show him his book that she borrowed before they left for the case.

"Your book is pretty handy, boss." Mai smiled at him, proud at what she did.

"Keep up the good work." Naru nodded and look at the scene.

"-___-... Hey hey. Care to fill us up? We're out of place." Takigawa-san said feeling annoyed at this Dou for not saying it clear.

"Psychic phenomena don't usually happen when strangers are around. This explains why nothing happens when a blogger went to a well-known haunted places. Or in some cases, you get a weaker response. For example, your client said that there are rapping sounds but when you get there you end up with a squeak..... Wow, this book is interesting!" Mai explained and praised the book in the end as she closed it.

"But when it's the opposite....."

"Repulsion. It means that we angered them." Takigawa-san answered.

"Correct, Takigawa-san. If the reaction is fast and considering the poltergeist activity, it means the one we are dealing with are not simple." Mai said with a serious tone and look at her wrist watch.

The next day, the autosuggestion's result is negative meaning, all these activities are caused by ghosts. Matsuzaki-san performed an exorcism and conclude it's over but when I checked the temperature, Ayami's room has the lowest. The floor and the walls are stable so there is no way to explain this. When the temperature drops, there is most likely ghosts. So the house is probably haunted.

"There is no progress yet.. Haaay... Looks like I'm not gonna sleep tonight." Mai said as she type something in her laptop.

Suddenly, a familiar chill was felt again and Mai suddenly stood up making the others look at her.

"I'm feeling cold. Who would like some tea, guys?" Mai smiled at them despite the uneasy feeling in her heart.

"Okay darling."

Mai walk towards the kitchen and saw Kana cooking. The fire was slowly getting higher and higher that it was about to explode!

"Be careful! Naru, Takigawa-san! There is a fire in the kitchen!" Mai shout as she pulled Kana out of danger. The fire grew stronger and scalded Mai's arm.

"Mai!"

The others came and put out the fire. This case is really exhausting. Mai stared at the window in daze. Lin noticed it and look at it and saw a shadow of a child leaning on the window glass.

"Naru!" Lin said to get attention.

"What is it, Lin?"

"The window. There is something in the window."

Naru went straight to it and opened it but saw nothing.

"There is nothing. Are you sure you saw something? What does it look like?"

"It seems like a...." Lin

"Little child.." Mai interrupted as she slowly got up. Everyone look at her and Lin nod at her answer.

They went to Noriko's room and saw Ayami playing with her doll. Noriko asked her if she went outside but she keep on saying she didn't do it. Later, after she screamed, poltergeist activity occur again...

Mai wrote all that happened in her notebook. Her hand is shaking as she wrote it. She can't believe all that happened today. Noriko was thankfully not hurt. Takigawa-san and Matsuzaki-san are, as usual, quarrelling.

"You can go home if you're scared."

A cold voice sounded through Mai's ear that shocked her out.

"I'm not scared boss." Mai said calmly as she look at her notes and close it after.

Naru look at his employee. It's just strange. She was always there before every poltergeist activity happen. Does she know that there will be an event to she went there to check?

"Naru... The temperature is decreasing." Lin said as the others look at the screen.

"Lin, the speaker.".

Rapping and banging sound came from Ayami's room even though there is no one in it. It now came to the freezing point. It's now concluded, this house is haunted.

Mai accompany Noriko and Ayami. They were in the playing room when Noriko told her that Ayami is not this quiet before. She's even playful and cheerful. Mai and Noriko even laugh as the latter recall some of Ayami's cute scenes as a toddler.

Kana came carrying some juice and cookies but Ayami didn't look at her and tap away the tray of food. Kana got annoyed and left the tray on the table. Noriko tried to console Ayami by having the cookies and juice but Ayami screamed no and told them that there is poison added to it.

She said that Minnie told her that Kana is a witch and she plan to kill all of them. Mai look at the doll and her eyes darkened as Ayami hold on to that doll tighter.

Mai got up from bed and saw herself in the guest room. She saw the back of a young man near the door.

"Naru .....?"

Mai said out loud but when the man faced her directly, her gut feeling told her that he is not Naru. His aura is completely different from him. This man's surrounding is warm while Naru's are cold.

"Who are you? What are you doing here? Why do you look like Naru?"

Mai asked him questions but the man just stare at her and did not give any answers. Mai look at him, putting up her guard however she can't help but to put it down since she keep on feeling that she can trust him. Why am I feeling this way? Who is this person?

"Ayami is in danger."

Mai look at him with wide eyes.

"What do you mean?!" Mai asked and that man repeat it again but his voice is fading away and the next thing she knew she woke up from her dream.

***

Mai's chest is pounding so fast when she woke up. Who is that man? Ayami... Right! Ayami is in danger! I need to save her! Mai run to the base without her slippers on. She don't care. She need to find out what that man mean by saying Ayami is in danger.

*Bang!*

The door opened loudly and everyone in the base look at the panting teenage girl at the door. Her hair is messy and she's barefooted.

"Whoa. Mai, it's already 8pm. We already have dinner. I called you but you didn't wake up. " Matsuzaki-san said, showing some concern.

"Oh... Well...Someone is having a nice dream." Takigawa-san teased her but Mai ignored him and run to Lin-san.

"Ayami is in danger!!" Mai screamed as the slam the door close.

"What are you talking about?" Naru asked as he sip his tea.

"Naru, please. Help Noriko, Kana and Ayami out of the Residence! Please! Help them! "

"Can you calm down and explain it to me?" Naru said as he pour tea in the cup and gave it to her.

"I don't know where I got this feeling but I really think Ayami is in danger. Naru help them. I know that some poltergeist may follow them but please. There must be some way for them to leave this place."

The others were confused at the scene but Naru who is smart guessed that it must be Mai's great intuition. He look at his panicked assistant as she calmed herself down with a cup of tea. Naru look at Ayako and told her to make some charms for the three. Naru also told Mai to call John and Masako.

The Miko and the monk continue to ask what is it about but the narcissistic guy just ignored them and get his teacup. However, he found it empty as he held it. His mouth twitch at the realization. Mai drank in the same cup as him. A slight blush appeared on Naru's ears but he disregard it and continued to drink tea in the same teacup.

Lin who is at the corner noticed that Mai drank Naru's tea a while ago and continue to look at his charge to see what will be his reaction. He was surprised that the narcissistic scientist blush at the sight of it and even continue to drink tea with that cup. This is a really big scoop for him since it is the first that he saw him like that.

Mai, you are really special.

Now, Lin doesn't know if her being Naru's assistant is good or not.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 597 7
Mai has an odd vision dealing with a new kind of ghost that not even Naru can distinguish. She sets her journey trying to figure out the puzzle's to...
58 4 7
Ghost Hunt follows the ghost hunting adventures of Mai Taniyama, a first year high school student, who becomes involved with the Shibuya Psychic Rese...
14.3K 481 9
Mai Taniyama works at SPR, along with her boss Kazuya Shibuya. A.k.a. Naru the Narcissist. When a mystery woman comes in with a case that has people...
55 0 8
Ghost Hunt follows the ghost hunting adventures of Mai Taniyama, a first year high school student, who becomes involved with the Shibuya Psychic Rese...