In These White Halls

By badkitten146

Anaya Khan is not an ordinary girl. She's sarcastic, confident, funny and amazing. She has a dream. A dream t... More

Preface
|• Chapter - 1 •|
•CHAPTER 2•
•CHAPTER 3•
• CHAPTER 4 •
•CHAPTER 5 •
|• Authors Note •|
|• Chapter - 6•|
|• Chapter - 7 •|
|• Chapter - 8 •|
|• Chapter - 9 •|
|• Chapter - 10 •|
|• Chapter - 11 •|
|• Chapter - 12 •|
|• Chapter - 13 •|
|• chapter - 14 •|
|• chapter - 15 •|
|• chapter - 16 •|
|• chapter - 17 •|
|• chapter - 18 •|
|• chapter - 19 •|
|• chapter - 20 •|
|• chapter - 21 •|
|• chapter - 22 •|
|• chapter - 23 •|
|• chapter - 24 •|
|• chapter - 25 •|
|• chapter - 27 •|
|• chapter - 28 •|
|• chapter - 29 •|
|• chapter - 30 •|
|• chapter - 31 •|
|• chapter - 32 •|
|• chapter - 33 •|
|• chapter - 34 •|
|• chapter - 35 •|
|• chapter - 36 •|
|• chapter - 37 •|
|• chapter - 38 •|
|• chapter - 39 •|
|• chapter - 40 •|
|• chapter- 41 •|
|• chapter - 42 •|
Important announcement

|• chapter - 26 •|

5.6K 334 15
By badkitten146

'Move it there and keep it on the first stair.'

'No! No! It should go like this. Not like this!'

'Oh this looks good. Wait- what flowers are you using?'

'Armaaaan! Stop eating the mithai (type of sweet) it's for the guests'

'What are you doing here? I told you to put them there then decorate the rest of the area!'

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!" I screamed into my pillow. Dhum! What is going on? Am I in a freaking warzone?! I grabbed one of the pillows I threw down while I was sleeping and placed then on my head trying my best not to lose my precious sleep.

'Oh Allah! Why did you bring this here? Armaaaaaan!' I heard mom yelling from downstairs and I jumped out of bed, ripping the door from its hinges and almost collided with a woman carrying a big basket full of flowers on her head.

"Sorry!" I apologized moving out of her way and going down.

"Oh Annaya! Finally you woke up. Do you know how much work we have to do? Your brother can't do it since it's his wedding. Anyways quickly grab those flowers and decorate the swing." She said while doing something with the cake that I have no idea when or how she made it.

"Swing? Wait, what swing?" I asked curiously. We never owned any type of swing. Sure we had the bunker chair and all but never a swing. Did she get a swing for the event? Oh my god.

"Over there honey. Now if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Scoot!" She said and pushed past me to complete some other work.

'Oh god this is going to be a LONG day.' I thought and went back up in my room to tidy it up.

Little did I know how these days would turn out to be so venturesome.

●●●

It was almost 4 PM and I was still in my monster truck pjs and a blue shirt with my hair collected in a messy bun, running around the house, doing different stuff. My stomach grumbled as I placed the last set of flowers near the dhol (drum).

"Wow, look at you. Oh can you get me that tissue Annaya?" Armaan bhai said snickering to himself. I passed him the tissue and sat down beside him to drink water but befor I could pour it out, he spoke again.

"Oh, can you get me that plate? I'm hungry." I got up again and gave him what he asked for. I poured out the water with a sigh and brought it up to my lips but again he spoke and now, I was going to kill him.

"Annaya please pass me the salt?" He said making a innocent face that I wanted to scratch.

"OH MY GOD. STOP! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? DO IT YOURSELF YOU LAZY—"

"Annaya why are you shouting?" Mum interrupted from behind and I closed my eyes taking deep breaths before unleashing the reason of my beastliness.

"Mum–"

"Yes go, Manaal was actually calling you. Pick her up and take your dresses to get ready at her house. I'll send the driver to pick you up at 7." Mum ordered and I left with a nod but didn't forget to stick my tongue out at my grumbling brother who was more than eager to see his bride. I hate to say this but I pitied him and I- I could somehow understand him now. And this scared me.

●●●

".....so this is all I've been doing since the minute I woke up." I took a deep breath as I told her how hectic my day had been and how I wanted to kill her future husband but she laughed it off saying 'I won't let you'. Wow.

"Its not that bad. I mean, you should try being in my shoes. The constant dressups, facemasks, lectures, talks and oh the never ending feelings and nerves and why am I crying...?" Manaal said as I sympathized with her.

"It's okay. It happens." I tried supporting her but she glared at me and threw a 'how would you know? You don't care!'.

I went and sat on the bed hugging her as she grumbled a few things and then she finally gave in and started laughing like a maniac. I could  understand what she was feeling and it was normal. All brides go through this and if you must, I heard a few aunties say that in numerous weddings and that's how I know. Hehehehe.

After our little love session we began getting ready, while Manaal was getting her hair done, I took a shower and the makeup artist painted my face with different brushes and also they beat it with a squishy soft material. I still hadn't seen my face yet but I knew I looked like a clown.

Manaal changed into her dress while I was still in my robe and God I dropped the apple I was eating when I saw Manaal come out of the dressing area.

"You look beautiful!" I remarked and closed my mouth shut. She smiled and did a little twirl for me. A habit we had from all the dressup games we used to play in the past.

The faded orange shirt with gold detailing on it and the light, faded green duppatta and lehnga (skirt) looked beautiful on her. Her hair let down in curls with a half updo and beautiful, flowery hanging earrings and flower bangles claded on her wrist gave her the perfect mehndi look. She looked beyond beautiful and I could only imagine Armaan bhai's reaction.

"Go get ready Annaya we'll be late!" Manaal said sitting on the bed and I nodded rushing into the dressing area and changed into my mehndi dress.

My dress was a 3 piece. A short shirt, white with little, colorful embroidery on its end and just below it the beautiful skirt with pink fading into black and a little heavey, colorful embroidery on it with a pink, net duppatta attached to my side and I just like Manaal wore flowery bangles and earrings. My hair howere were collected in a neat elegant bun with a few strands, curled and let down framing my face. I stared at my reflection in the mirror and a gasp escaped my lips.

"I'm not looking like a clown!" I whispered and Manaal snorted at my comment.

"Yeah you don't. Annaya–" she stood up and came infront of me, taking my hands in her, she stared at me, she was a bit taller becaus of the heels which I had refused to wear since I would have to run around the house so I wore white sneakers.
"–you're beautiful. No matter what you wear, no matter how you look, you are beautiful. Not just form the outside but from the inside. I love you Annaya and I will always love you." She continued with teary eyes and then fanned her face since she didn't want to ruin her make up. This made us both laugh out loud and we hugged each other.

A knock interrupted us and upon the little girls announcement we moved down since the driver was here and we were getting late.

A few girls helped Manaal sit in the car as I followed suit and soon we hit the road.

●●●

S H E H R Y A R

"Hi?" I answered into the phone, bringing it to my ear.

"Hello! Where are you bro?!" Armaan shrieked from the otherside.

"Why, were we supposed to meet today?" I asked because I don't remember making plans with him.

"Ha. Ha. Jokes over! Now get your ass here, my mehendi starts in an hour and you're not here and I'm messed up." He sighed and no matter what I felt right now, I had to be there for him. I had to be.

"Ugh drama queen. Wait, I'm getting there. See you in a few." I said and got up, taking my keys from the table. I still had to get ready for his mehendi.

"Oh my god. Come quick, I can't find my shoes!" He said and hung up. I smiled at him and made my way to my house.

Upon reaching my house I hopped into the shower and came out wearing maroon-ish–red kurta shalwar (a traditional Muslim dress) with a off-white shawl hanging from my neck. Slipping into my maroon khusaas (closed off shoes) I exited my house.

After yesterday, I had done nothing but sulk around. I literally felt like I was dying but I wasn't dead. Yet. I don't know if she'll react when she'll see me, what she'll say or would she even look at me. I highly doubt she will. She may not even know that I know she's getting married. I know she'll look beautiful as always. I don't know what I'll do, what I'll say when I'll see her laughing with him but I couldn't despise them. Armaan was my bestfriend, more like a brother. And Annaya, Annaya is— my–my– love.

I sighed and closed my eyes. I stood infront of his house that was decorated with lights and flowers. Guests were coming in and people were greeting each other. Happiness was in the air but sadness resided in my heart. Taking a few deep breaths I left my car and entered his house. The whole setup was beautiful and I was stunned how Armaan, the person who couldn't even match his shoes with his outfit, coordinated it all.

"Oh you're here. Come quick!" Armaan said and dragged me into a room. I rolled my eyes at him and shaking my head I moved to his sofa and sat on it. Comfortable huh.

"Don't worry princess I'm here now." I retorted taking in his room. Hm, pretty nice.

He grumbled something and I took his appearance in. He wore a faded orange kurta with green shalwar and a red waistcoat with golden embroidery on it with a off- white shawl.

"You look good. Who dressed you up?" I snickered and he threw me a glare.

"Mum and dad." He answered pacing and I got up from the sofa, stopping him.

"Look Armaan I'm here. You're amazing and you look good. For once you actually look good." I laughed and he cursed at me.

"Anyways, what I was saying was that you look beautiful princess so stop worrying. You're one lucky guy and I'm-I'm happy for you. Take care of yourself and your love man." I said trying my best not to say more. I felt my heart squeeze when he nodded and told me he loved her babe and then a kid yelled around that the bride was here now. Armaan's eyes widened and I squeezed his hand giving him support though I was the one that needed it right now.

Upon order, me and Armaan moved down the stairs, the stage empty with a few people near it. We moved towards it but a girl blocked it. She was making a few changes and I was getting agitated. Armaan was gripping my hand tightly and now she was getting on my nerves.

"Lady can you move?!" I spoke a little sternly.

"Are you blind? Can you not see I'm–" she said turning around and like that all the air knocked out of my lungs when I saw her.

Yippee yayyy! So they meet again huh! Anyways, this is part 1 of the wedding chapters. A few of them are to be here. Next chapter is a continuation of this event. I hope it isn't that confusing :(

Also, please vote people!!! Pretty please? Thanks hehehe

Take care of yourselves,
Allah Hafiz,
–badkitten146

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 16K 62
How Is it to have Found Love in Childhood Right ! A dream come true for many, Your soulmate is none other than your best friend from years Ever thoug...
278K 8.8K 56
#1 1/1/20 #8. 1/1/20 #3 in mafia story ❤❤❤❤❤❤ #wattys2020 YOU deserve this... your f**king father were the reason of your all suffering , He sai...
163K 9.3K 40
"Allah guides whom He wills to the straight path." (Al Baqarah | 213) Aasiya is the girl who has it all. At least that's what everyone tells her. So...
4.6K 304 15
Lagte masum hai apne kasweer se Ek nazar unki jaane kahan le agayi Jaanate hi nhi jaise wo kon hai Saadagi husn ki meri jaan le gayi ...