thin line; daoming si

By paradisepjm

You would rather be anything in the world than the soulmate of the rich, arrogant and obnoxious Daoming Si. B... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Quick A/N
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 {Epilogue}

Chapter 5

9.2K 295 127
By paradisepjm

I have to pee.

That's the first thought that comes to your mind when you wake up the next morning. You slowly open your eyes, blinking to adjust to the bright light streaming through the window.

You try to get up, only to find that your movement is restricted. That's when you feel the subtle rise and fall of a chest underneath you. Daoming Si.

You try to get out of his grip but he's holding onto you tightly. "Wake up." You mumble, almost to yourself as you push against his chest. "Get up!" You say a little louder, reaching up to poke at his cheek.

Finally you see him stirring, scrunching his eyes before opening them. "Huh?" His voice is husky as he looks down at you.

How he manages to look so handsome even though he just woke up, you have no idea. But you don't have time to think about that right now, the most important thing is getting to the bathroom.

"Let me go, I have to use the bathroom." You mutter, pushing against his chest once more for full effect.

"Wow, not even a good morning.." He says, mock disappoinment in his voice.

"Daoming Si.." You warn him with a glare.

"Alright, alright, fine." He releases his grip on your waist and you sigh in relief, quickly climbing off of him and running to the bathroom.

You do your business and while washing your hands, you notice the black marker still on your face. "Si!" You call out to him from the bathroom.

"What?"

"I need to get this marker off of my face. I have to go to class soon."

You're confused when he doesn't reply but you soon hear footsteps approaching the bathroom. "Open the door."

You obey to see a still sleepy looking Si towering over you. He looks at you for a second, biting his lip to hold back a smile when he sees his drawings all over your face. You roll your eyes as he then moves past you, grabbing a bottle of rubbing alcohol from the drawer.

You're about to thank him when he opens the bottle, putting a little bit of the liquid on a cotton ball. "It's okay, I can do i-"

He completely ignores you, pressing the cotton ball to your cheek. You stay silent as he dabs at your face, wiping off the permanent marker he put there in the first place.

He's completely focused and you take the time to admire his features like you did when he drew on your face last night. "Done." He says, pulling away from you after a few minutes.

"Are you happy now?" He asks as you look in the mirror. He did a pretty good job in your opinion. You can still see a few stray black marks, but that's only if you look really closely. They'll wash off eventually.

"Yeah, thanks." You offer him a small smile, walking out of the bathroom.

"What time do you have class?" He asks, following you out.

"Uhh, 9:30. Why?"

"It's almost 9."

"What?!" Your eyes widen in surprise. "I need to go!" You grab your phone and you are about to sprint through the door when Si grabs your wrist.

"First of all, I don't think you want to leave my room in just my t-shirt. Might send the wrong message." He smirks and you can feel your face heating up. "Second of all, I'm coming with you."

"What? Why?" You protest.

"I kinda have to." He says with a roll of his eyes. "I don't think we can spend even a few hours apart yet." That's when it dawns on you that literally stuck with him. Soulmates eventually build up the strength to stay hours, even days apart. But newly bonded ones like the two of you practically have to be with each other 24/7. Especially because of the way the two of you tried to avoid each other in the beginning. So whether you're ready or not, everyone will find out that you two are soulmates today. And you're definitely not looking forward to all of the attention you will receive.

With that, you change into your old clothes before leaving the house. You give Si directions to your home, slightly nervous about what he will think about it. As soon as you enter the neighborhood, there's a distinct difference compared to where he lives. The area is run down, with houses that are much smaller and closer together. You're glad when he says nothing, simply pulling up to the front of your house.

When you enter your house, you are bombarded with questions from your parents. You apologize, telling them you will be late for class so you will explain everything later. They look disappointed so you offer to bring him over for dinner, which they gladly accept.

Quickly changing your clothes and grabbing your things, you say goodbye to your parents before getting back in the car.

You arrive at school not much later and you groan as you get out of Daoming Si's infamous car, immediately getting strange looks from the other students. It only gets worse as he gets out of the other side, walking over to your side and grabbing ahold of your hand.

"Don't do that!" You whisper yell at him, not wanting to attract more attention to yourself.

"What else do you want me to do?!" He whisper yells back.

And you have no answer to that question. It would be too hard to rush to class with his side pressed against yours the entire time. If he holds your hand, at least he can keep up with you. You sigh. "Whatever, let's go."

You start walking faster, trying to ignore the looks the two of you are getting. You make it to class on time, just before the professor is about to close the door.

It isn't exactly a good thing though, because it means that everyone is seated and is now watching you walk in while holding Daoming Si's hand.

A few gasps erupt and you can hear the murmurs of conversation start from around the room. It makes you feel like you're in high school again, people whispering and spreading rumors constantly. Except this one is definitely true.

You try your best to block everything out, beelining straight for your usual seat. A little groan of frustration escapes you when you see that there are no empty seats next to you. You know that there is absolutely no way Daoming Si is sitting on the floor.

You find that you are correct when he sits down, grabbing you by the waist and pulling you into his lap. It happens so fast that you let out a little squeak of surprise.

You are beyond embarrassed now, trying to distract yourself by attempting to act normal and pulling your books out of your bag.

The thing is, it's not entirely uncommon to bring your soulmate to class, especially in the beginning stages. It's the fact that you brought in a member of F4 that is causing all of the commotion.

You try to ignore the dozens of eyes on you as the professor clears his throat. "I think that's enough of a disruption for the day. I will begin the lesson now."

A sigh of relief leaves your body when most of the other students quiet down, diverting their attention to the professor as he begins his lecture.

You still can't focus though. You try to listen to the professor and jot down notes but the only thing you can think about is the fact that you're sitting on Daoming Si's lap. You would've never thought that this would be happening in a million years, yet here you are.

You can't help but wonder what he's thinking, if he's as freaked out as you are about all of this. But if he was, he wouldn't be pulling you onto him all the time, would he? Or maybe he's just doing it for the sake of the soulmate bond. You have no idea.

Enough of that, you need to focus. You force yourself to pay attention to the professor. About halfway through the lecture, you feel Si's arm wrap tighter around your waist as he adjusts you on his lap. You force yourself to ignore it, continuing to copy down your notes.

You couldn't be any happier when the lecture is over and everyone is dismissed. You stand up quickly, almost making yourself dizzy.

Looking around, there are still some students looking at you and whispering about you but there's nothing you can do. They were gonna find out sooner or later and you guess it's a pretty big deal to them. You're just glad Quinhe and Zhen aren't here, or else you would have a lot of explaining to do. You guess you'll leave that for tomorrow.

"What was that for?" You blurt out to Si who remains undisturbed, staring at his phone.

"There were no more chairs and everyone was staring at us." He doesn't even look at you as he answers, eyes glued to the screen.

"Ugh, whatever." You roll your eyes storming off. You head to the cafeteria to grab some lunch before your next class. You're starving, especially because you didn't have time for breakfast this morning.

After grabbing a tray of food, you head to a two person table and sit down. You dig in, not really caring how the food tastes because you're that hungry. You groan when you feel the headache start up again. When you check your phone, it's only been about 20 minutes since class ended. You really can't be apart from him for more than 20 minutes. This is insane.

When the pain begins to get a little bit worse, you contemplate whether you should go find him or let him find you. You get your answer when the person in question comes storming into the cafeteria.

"Y/n!" He calls loudly, and the cafeteria becomes nearly silent. You let out a groan. Why does he always have to cause a scene?

He approaches quickly, his hard gaze focused solely on you. He looks angry. "Why are you running away from me, huh? Are you embarrassed to be my soulmate? If anything, I should be the embarrassed one." He huffs, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"Excuse me?" His words have your temper quickly rising. You usually don't let things get to you, but you don't tolerate disrespect from anyone. Especially your soulmate.

You stand up, crossing your arms in front of your chest as well as you look him dead in the eye. "I'm sorry that I'm not good enough for the arrogant Daoming Si. But guess what? You're stuck with me whether you like it or not. So deal with it, asshole."

You push past him with a glare, quickly leaving the cafeteria. Your head is pounding and your anger just makes it worse. Who does he think he is to insinuate something like that? You know no one would ever expect someone like him to be soulmates with someone like you. You're just too different. But hearing the words come from his own mouth just hurts.

You feel the tears start to come as you walk around campus. You want nothing more but to go home right now. You want to wake up in your own bed to realize that this is all some stupid dream.

But unfortunately, this is your reality. And in reality, your next class starts in ten minutes. So you wipe away the tears because he is not worth crying over. He's just a rich asshole who thinks he's better than everyone else.

Then you head to your last class of the day, sitting down and getting your things prepared. If you didn't know any better, if you didn't have the worst headache in the world, this would be a normal day. You sitting down for class, setting out your notebook and pens as no one pays any attention to you.

But of course, that is all shattered when Daoming Si comes storming through the door. Gasps erupt as he scans the group of students, eyes narrowing when they land on you.

Your body goes rigid as he quickly approaches you, not saying a word. The chair next to you squeaks terribly as he sits on it, pulling it close enough that his shoulder touches yours.

You try your best to ignore his presence, simply staring down at your notebook.

The entire lecture is awkward, with Daoming Si pressed against you the entire time and other students giving you occasional strange looks. When it's over, you couldn't be more happy to gather your things and leave the room.

However, Si grabs your wrist and pulls you back before you can get very far. "How many times to I have to tell you? Stop running from me." His voice is cold and calculated, nothing like how he talked to you last night.

"Can't you tell that I'm upset with you?" You refuse to look at him, yanking your wrist from his grip.

"I don't care." That's his only response as he grabs your hand this time, pulling you out of the room.

You sigh. You're tired, physically and mentally. You don't have the energy to fight with him right now.

You let him drag you all the way to his car, where you reluctantly get in the passenger's seat. "Where are we going?" You ask, breaking the silence as he starts to drive.

"Somewhere." He answers bluntly, keeping his eyes on the road. You sigh, looking out the window as the sky gets darker and the sun begins to set.

You're confused when you pull up to his house. "I thought we were going somewhere?" You ask as you get out of the car. He simply ignores you, leading you to the back of the house instead of inside.

Your jaw drops in awe when you see what the house was hiding behind it. A beautiful treehouse. You're too busy admiring it to notice that Si has already climbed halfway up. "You coming?" He asks, smiling down at you. And even though you're still mad, you can't help but smile back at him. You nod, climbing up behind him.

The inside is lit up with fairy lights, which makes it look magical. You spot a table you can tell was handcrafted, a few wooden chairs, and a hammock set up in the corner. There is also a window placed perfectly for viewing the night sky.

"You made this?" You ask curiously.

"No, my dad did. He passed away when I was little."

You gulp at this information. No one had ever seen Si's parents. You had wondered why but you never imagined the answer would be something like this. "I'm so sorry." You're at a loss for words. "Why are you showing me this?"

"This place is very special to me." He says, turning away from you to walk over to the window. "And whether I like it or not, you are a very important person in my life. So I thought I should show you."

You don't know how to feel about this. You're glad that he's let you in on something so personal to him, but it seems like he's only doing it for the sake of the soulmate bond. Not because he actually values you and wants you to be here. But at the very least, you're glad he's making some sort of effort.

"I'm sorry." He blurts out suddenly, turning to you.

"For what?"

"For what I said earlier. I was just angry, I didn't mean to make you upset. I know that we are very different people and I didn't mean to make you feel like you aren't good enough."

"Did you just..apologize to me?" You're actually shocked. You didn't think those words were in his vocabulary.

"Don't make me take it back." He huffs, rolling his eyes.

"Alright, I forgive you." You smile, approaching him to give him a hug. You couldn't resist because you haven't touched him since he dragged you to the car so your head was starting to hurt a little bit. Also...you're hesitant to admit that he gives good hugs.

In that moment, wrapped in his arms, you begin to think that maybe, just maybe, he's not that bad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 1.2K 18
It took Shen Yue four years to realize how difficult it was to be in a relationship with someone who wasn't always physically there. At first, she co...
26.1K 412 15
๐Ÿ”ž VERY MATURE CONTENT/HEAVY SMUT/DARK ANGSTโ—๏ธ It has never been tough for Dylan to get any girls he eyed for. Getting into the pants of any girl has...
112K 3.8K 34
๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐˜† (๐—‡) ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ; ๐™– ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ง๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™ฃ๐™š๐™™ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™›๐™ช๐™ก๐™ก. daoming...
13K 424 24
[COMPLETED] The girl who hated guys and the guy who don't know anything about girls. What happen when fate brings them together? With just a simple f...