DARLIN' | d. dixon ✓

By -angrybruce

FINISHED ❝ DARLIN' I'M WRAPPED AROUND YOUR FINGER, ❞ t. walking dead daryl dixon x fem! oc season 1 - season... More

EPIGRAPH
PROLOGUE
I. PRESS PLAY
II. PAINFUL
III. MUSCLE MEMORY
IIII. ONE MONTH
V. THE OTHER BROTHER
VI. DIXON'S DO-RAG
VII. DOCTOR DOCTOR
VIII. BREATHING IS HARD
IV. YOU BETTER RUN
X. WHAT HURTS THE MOST
XI. OLD FRIENDS
XII. THE DOC IS IN
XIII. TALK ABOUT THE END
XIV. BURN BABY, BURN
XV. BREAK OUT
XVI. GONE GIRL
XVII. THE GREAT SEARCH
XVIII. SHOT TO THE HEART
XIX. A TERRIBLE HORROR FILM
XXI. FLOWERS IN HER HAIR
XXII. BROKEN COMPLETELY
XXIII. AFTERMATH
XXIV. LONG NIGHT AHEAD
XXV. RANDALL
XXVI. THE RIGHT THING
XXVII. CRAZY TOWN (PART 1)
XXVIII. CRAZY TOWN (PART 2)
book two

XX. END ON THE GOOD NOTE

11.3K 399 78
By -angrybruce

"YOU... YOU SHOT HIM!" Remmi cried. Her mouth was wide open. She couldn't believe it. "Shane! You just- You killed a man!"

"Let's go!" He barked at her. The young woman just let her tears spill silently.

She couldn't rid of the scene that kept replaying over and over in her head. She wanted to rid herself of it. But she couldn't.

Shane shot Otis... Patricia's husband. What about Patricia? Shane shot Otis. He killed him.

Remmi couldn't comprehend as to why another human would want to kill another. It went against everything she believed in. She became a doctor to save the hurt, not to kill the living. She took an oath when she became a surgeon.

Just because the world ended, doesn't mean she gets to throw the speech away like it never mattered. Because it did. To her.

But now she feels dirty. She feels like she threw the oath away, her morals were stripped from her body.

"Let's go! You wanna save the boy don't you!?" Shane shouted at her. She knew she had to pick up the pace or he might kill her too.

"Why don't you go on and have a shower? I'll have Maggie leave you some clothes," Hershel told Remmi as Patricia finished bandaging Carl.

"Let's talk to Rick and Lori first," She told him to which he just nodded.

The two doctor's were outside just as the sun was coming up. "The surgery went good. He's a fighter. We removed the remaining fragments and fixed the broken vessel," Remmi told the parents.

"He won't be able to leave bed for a while. I want him rested as much as possible before you people are on your way," Hershel said, leaving the group stunned. "Let me show you to the shower Remmi."

Remmi looked back at Rick, giving him a look saying, "What are we going to do?" They couldn't leave. This place was safe. Probably the safest place they would find.

When Remmi headed into the bathroom, she thanked Hershel and he was on his way to change himself. They were having Otis' funeral today. Remmi still couldn't believe what she had witnessed. She wishes she hadn't.

The shower was hot when Remmi finally got in. She felt even worse after she had a shower. All she could do was cry. The woman didn't even know Otis. At all. But she felt for him and she felt for Patricia. All she could do was hope he was in a better place than this one.

When Remmi eventually did get out of the shower, the funeral was about to start. She quickly dried her hair as best she could with a towel, before changing into the red shirt and jeans that were laid out for her.

That's it, Remmi thought. Remmi took the white towel and wrapped it around her shoulder. Her hair was above her breast and it was brown, but it would have to do. She didn't have that luxury anymore. But she could do one thing.

Looking through the cabinets and the drawers, Remmi finally found what she was looking for.

Finally.

"So your hair," Ellie commented after the funeral. "At your shoulders now. Give yourself a little trim?"

Remmi ignored her question. "I have a surprise for you," Ellie just sighed and let Remmi bring her into the house. There was a rocking chair in the living room and Remmi told her to take a seat while she went to get Andrew.

When she had finally found him, he was setting up him and Ellie's tent.

"Come on, quick!" She told him.

"What's going on? Is it Ellie? Is it the baby?!"

"Just hurry!" She yelled and grabbed his wrist, dragging him into the house.

When they arrived, Remmi dragged a chair so Andy could sit next to his wife.

"Okay you guys," She began, "Close your eyes."

"Remmi, what's going on? And why did you cut your hair?"

"Just shut your eyes!" She smiled. They both sighed and obliged, shutting their eyes.

Remmi walked over to her bag and got out the ultrasound machine. Immediately she began setting up and putting the gel onto Eleanor's stomach.

Almost immediately she found the heartbeat and the couple's eyes shot open.

"Is that...?"

"That's your baby," Remmi smiled. Ellie had began to cry as did Andrew. The two of them needed the pick me up and this was the perfect way to do that.

"Do we wanna know the gender?" Remmi asked them.

"Yes!" Andrew replied, almost immediately. Ellie nodded excitedly. Remmi had immediately began to look for the gender of the baby.

"It's a girl! You guys are having a girl!" Remmi smiled wide as did the married couple.

"We're gonna have a girl, Andy,"

"Yeah we are baby, we're having a girl."

"So they're having a girl?" Daryl asked Remmi as the two day around the fire. The day was finally over.

"Yeah, they're excited. They've already started talking about names," She responded.

"That's good," Daryl told her. It was a few minutes before he spoke again. "Why'd you cut your hair?"

"I, uh, I just needed a change," She mumbled.

Daryl shook his head, "Bullshit,"

After a few seconds, Daryl noticed Remmi was crying. "I can't tell you,"

"Why not?"

"Because Daryl... He'll... He'll probably kill me if I do and I have to be alive for Ellie and Andrew and the baby and I—" Remmi had buried her head in her hands, sobbing completely.

"Alright," Daryl whispered, "You don't gotta tell me nothin'. Okay, darlin'?"

Remmi just nodded and wiped her eyes on the sleeve of her jacket.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't of broke down like that." That was another thing. Derek had hated when Remmi would cry. Mostly it was because of him, but he never wanted anything to do with it.

"Don't apologize, it happens Remmi,"

"Thanks," She mumbled before zipping the grey jacket up. "I think I'm gonna head to bed," She said, standing up. Daryl did the same.

Then she walked over to the man and wrapped her arms around him. Engulfing him in a much needed hug. Daryl was taken aback at first, not daring to touch the fragile woman. But instead, he hugged her back and let her go.

"Goodnight Daryl,"

"Goodnight darlin'," He mumbled as she walked away to her own tent.

*published

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

any baby name idea's?

also, we hit chapter 20!!! yay!!!!

and we're in the watty's???!!! this is an exciting time guys, thank you to everyone who comments and votes and i just really appreciate it all so much.

i love you guys!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

617K 21.9K 51
"I never said I hated you. I just- strongly dislike you." ➛ in which the colorless wrath of a boy, collides against the blackened mercy of 𝘩𝘦𝘳 [s...
34.3K 870 49
"feeling so tired, really falling apart" t.walking dead daryl dixon x fem! oc season 1 - season 11 slow burn start: april 18, 2022 WARNING: any imag...
921 25 8
Anthony Park never thought the world ending would bring him someone he would do anything for. He never minded the thought of spending his time alone...
150K 3.7K 35
She's a wildfire, touch her and you'll burn. [Rick Grimes] [The Walking Dead]