XXIV. LONG NIGHT AHEAD

"HAS ANYONE SEEN REMMI?" Someone shouted.

"Is that your cue?" Daryl asked Remmi as he looked over at her.

She sighed, "I think so,"

Stepping out of the sleeping bag, Remmi pulled on her jeans. "Where's my shirt?" She mumbled.

Daryl just whistled and tossed her the grey tank before putting on his own pair of pants.

"Thanks," She pulled it on and played with her hair before finally putting it in a small ponytail.

"No goodbye kiss?" Daryl chuckled as she headed for the tent's zipper.

Remmi just smiled and leaned up to reach before softly kissing the man in front of her.

"I'll see you later," She told him and exited the tent before jogging down to see who was calling her name.

"What's going on? Is it Ellie?"

"No, it's Beth, she-she collapsed and we can't find Hershel. Maggie said to find you," Jimmy, Beth's boyfriend, rambled to her.

"Alright, let me grab my bag and we'll go check on her," Remmi did as promised before following Jimmy into the house and into Beth's bedroom.

Remmi began to give the young teen a routine check up. She checked her heart rate which was racing and almost out of control along with her blood pressure.

She could only assume she just collapsed out of shock. There was nothing really to do but wait it out and give her an IV.

"What's wrong with her?" Lori asked as she came into the room.

"She's in shock. We just butchered what she understood as her family. She's burning up and her heart is racing. We just gotta keep talking to her. Keep her awake without being awake. If that makes sense."

"Perfect sense," Lori told her.

"Can I talk to you?" Dale asked as he peeked his head in. "Lori."

She nodded, excusing herself and walking outside with the man.

Remmi herself grabbed a bowl from the bedside table and headed into the restroom. She filled the bowl with cold water and grabbed a cloth as well.

In that time, a group of people had piled in the bedroom. Setting the bowl on the table, she grabbed the cloth and dumped it into the bowl.

"Could you get me an IV and fluids. If we have anything left," Remmi asked Patricia to which she nodded and gave the young doctor a small smile.

At that moment, Ellie walked in. "How is she?"

"Fever and a racing heart beat. How are you?" Remmi asked her sister in law.

"Good. Girl's active today," Ellie said. "Andrew went with Rick and Glenn."

"He did what?" Remmi asked. "Is he stupid? That baby's coming any day now and—"