XX. END ON THE GOOD NOTE

ლ

"YOU... YOU SHOT HIM!" Remmi cried. Her mouth was wide open. She couldn't believe it. "Shane! You just- You killed a man!"

"Let's go!" He barked at her. The young woman just let her tears spill silently.

She couldn't rid of the scene that kept replaying over and over in her head. She wanted to rid herself of it. But she couldn't.

Shane shot Otis... Patricia's husband. What about Patricia? Shane shot Otis. He killed him.

Remmi couldn't comprehend as to why another human would want to kill another. It went against everything she believed in. She became a doctor to save the hurt, not to kill the living. She took an oath when she became a surgeon.

Just because the world ended, doesn't mean she gets to throw the speech away like it never mattered. Because it did. To her.

But now she feels dirty. She feels like she threw the oath away, her morals were stripped from her body.

"Let's go! You wanna save the boy don't you!?" Shane shouted at her. She knew she had to pick up the pace or he might kill her too.

"Why don't you go on and have a shower? I'll have Maggie leave you some clothes," Hershel told Remmi as Patricia finished bandaging Carl.

"Let's talk to Rick and Lori first," She told him to which he just nodded.

The two doctor's were outside just as the sun was coming up. "The surgery went good. He's a fighter. We removed the remaining fragments and fixed the broken vessel," Remmi told the parents.

"He won't be able to leave bed for a while. I want him rested as much as possible before you people are on your way," Hershel said, leaving the group stunned. "Let me show you to the shower Remmi."

Remmi looked back at Rick, giving him a look saying, "What are we going to do?" They couldn't leave. This place was safe. Probably the safest place they would find.

When Remmi headed into the bathroom, she thanked Hershel and he was on his way to change himself. They were having Otis' funeral today. Remmi still couldn't believe what she had witnessed. She wishes she hadn't.

The shower was hot when Remmi finally got in. She felt even worse after she had a shower. All she could do was cry. The woman didn't even know Otis. At all. But she felt for him and she felt for Patricia. All she could do was hope he was in a better place than this one.