The Black Bear 》Robb Stark

By unknownnavajo

"A fighter that's all I ever wanted to be." A warrior is a brave or experienced fighter. That's what Jaidy... More

Act One
Prologue
Winterfell
Winter is Coming
An Answer
A Dire Moment
One Heart, One Flesh, One Soul
A Lingering Question
Unexpected
Every Step Of The Way
Keeping Enemies Close
The News of the Bears
Changes
A Royal Pardon
Declaration of War
Dark Wings Dark Words
New Power In The North
Act Two
Learning To Deal
Familiarity
An Attack?
Her Chance
Lost The Advantage
Traveling
Looks Can Be Deceiving
Ulterior Motive
Reunions
Respect Is Taken
Deception
Seperate Paths
Mama Bears And Bear Cubs
A New Companion
Forces From Across The Sea
Assimilation
Challenge Accepted
A New Era
Book Two

New Course Of Action

5.7K 193 14
By unknownnavajo

Tensions hadn't dwindled among the two, who were cautious around the camp. Jaidyn continued to watch the nurse and her movements when it came to her husband. While Stryder was interested in the lord that always seemed to be whispering in the young king's ear.

Now with the army marching closer to Lannister territory, the shadow of a threat loomed overhead. The ranger had now made sure that Jaidyn was protected. The problem was that he didn't know how she might react when he told her of his suspicions for Bolton. But he needed for her to be cautious whenever she was around the corrupt lord.

With that in mind, he opted to tell her on her next trip for medical supplies. She had been the one to go and gather the medical supplies when the time came. During her short trip, she would leave the baby in the care of either Catelyn or Maege. If there were a time to tell her, it would be on one of these trips.

The small party was making their way back to the main camp when they decided on a break for their horses. Jaidyn stood by her chestnut horse petting the side of his neck. Stryder had looked around making sure the others were at a reasonable distance before approaching the queen.

"Your Grace." He addressed her drawing her attention.

"Stryder, I hope these trips aren't a bother to you." She stated knowing that a fighter like him, wasn't accustom to not being among the tactical plans. She knew that the nurse could come gather the supplies herself, but she was still busy trying to figure out where Talisa stood.

"Not a bother, my queen. It is my duty to protect you for all enemies." He countered making Jaidyn wonder just what he was talking about.

They were among the North men since they had shown up. She assumed that being among them in the camp would be the safest place for them, especially since the fall of Winterfell. But now the person she trusted was suggesting otherwise.

"And what other enemies might there be?" Jaidyn asked curious to what he knew.

"I don't wish to raise alarm and my suspicions are not confirmed, but I feel it's my duty to warn you. I fear there is a traitor in the camp, one that means you and Aiden harm." He explained in a low tone. He didn't want the others to overhear.

The words he told her, didn't provide her with much comfort. If someone was against them then they could take out the army from within. They needed to find out who this person might be.

"What suspicions helped you make this conclusion?" She questioned trying to piece together who this traitor might be.

"The Lannisters that attacked near camp. They were too close to try and be sneaky but none of the guards raised alarm." He began to provide his reasoning. "The only men along that frontline is Bolton men."

Jaidyn stood there in shock. She glanced at the others to see if anyone might've overheard. An accusation like this would be bad for Stryder unless it was true. But she knew that he wouldn't just suggest this for nothing. She trusted him.

"If what you say is true, then we might be in grave danger." She stated giving him a look before one of the guards announced for them to keep going.

Stryder rode alongside Jaidyn, who was busy thinking of how to process the information she was given. What could she do now? How could she tell Robb that one of his trusted advisors might against them?

It wasn't long till they had made their way back into the camp. Jaidyn was helping unload the supplies still trying to come up with a way to tell Robb when she noticed something in the distance. Her aunt and mother in law conversing with no sight of her child.

The words Stryder had spoke repeated in her head making a feel settle in the pit of her stomach. Not wanting to draw much attention but wanting to get to her child, she walked quickly to her tent. Stryder not far behind her. The feeling inside her increased once she entered the tent.

Roose Bolton stood in the tent and in his arms was her child.

"Your Grace, I didn't think you'd be back so quickly." He greeted the two that had entered the tent.

"Lord Bolton, I didn't expect to find you here. Where are Lady Catelyn and Lady Mormont?" Jaidyn spoke back calmly not wanting to raise the alarm, especially when her child was in his grasp.

"They just stepped out for a moment." Bolton replied before looking at the child in his arms. "Forgive me, your grace, but I wanted a moment to see the future King to our lands. The Old Gods have blessed you."

"Thank you, my lord." Jaidyn was eager to hold her child and make sure he was okay.

The ranger behind her was watching the scene carefully since they entered the tent. He had vowed to protect Jaidyn and her child, yet the young prince was in the hands of a traitor. With every second that went by, he was more on edge. His hand moved to the hilt of his sword and grasped it. Any sudden movement from the lord and he would strike hoping to save the prince.

It wasn't a moment after her statement that Roose moved toward her and handed her baby back. Jaidyn let out a breath she didn't know she was holding as Bolton moved to leave the tent. Stryder watching the man carefully.

Now Jaidyn could understand why Stryder had felt the shadow of a threat. She didn't like how Roose held her son and commented on his future so lightly. His words made her skin crawl thinking of what he could've possibly done if they hadn't come back at that moment.

It was clear that Lord Bolton had the means to get close to them. Meaning he could do anything to alter the future of the North. He could kill the family without anyone suspecting him. But who would trust these allegations when there was no definitive proof?

She needed to protect her son from any threat, whether it be a Lannister or a close ally. And she couldn't do that when she was surrounded by men not loyal to her. She wasn't sure how loyal they might be to her husband. But with any of them possibly being against them who could she trust?

The Starks were the center of the war but with no stronghold to their name, they were just displaced men missing their homes. The Mormonts had the strength to fight for her seeing how they are her countrymen, but the solution didn't hold much time. The only solution that seemed viable was leaving.

An option like that was crazy. For one, she had just reunited with her husband and had just given him his first heir. Taking Aiden away would not only break his heart but hers as well. Think of all the things that he would miss until they were safe to be reunited again. But how long would that be?

As much as she didn't want the outcome to be that one, she couldn't see another way for it to work out. The main concern was the safety of her child and if that meant leaving to keep him safe then she would.

"We have to leave. It's the only way to keep him safe." Jaidyn expressed her concern to Stryder. "I just don't know how to tell him."

The ranger knew who she was commenting about in her last statement. Her husband would not understand why she would take their child but it was what's best for them.

"Maybe it's best you don't tell him. He would only try and stop you. In order to keep you both safe, it's best to keep you and Aiden's whereabouts unknown." Stryder reasoned with her making her look at him.

"Unknown where? If we're right, then all of Westeros will look for us." Jaidyn responded wondering where they might go.

"There were stories about a army unlike no other hiding in the dark shadow of a mountain. A mountain that had never been taken. The people loyal to their commander who leads them. They stay hidden for their safety and everyone whose tried has been defeated." Stryder told her the story that has a long history. Everyone assumed it was a myth, but the story was more than any of them thought.

The people were well hidden in their environment since the beginning. Many men who thought they could be the ones to tame the fierce army went up and tried to defeat their leader and take up that post, but none succeeded. Having an army of that size would be a force of nature.

"We need to find those people." Stryder recommended hoping that a fighter like her could find her place among them.

All Jaidyn could do was nod. If people thought they were only a story, then no one would expect the queen of the North to hide among them.

That night Jaidyn made sure to allow Robb as much time with Aden as he could. She merely took in the sight of them being together. She prayed that they would one day be reunited in the future. She even took the time to talk with Catelyn and Maege relishing in their presence for the time being.

It wasn't till early in the morning, so early that the sun hadn't even began to glow, that they were going to leave. She had packed a small bag so their travel was light and made sure to strap her sword to her hip. Once a sleeping Aden was situated against her chest she carefully slipped out of the tent and passed the guards.

Stryder waiting nearby for her to emerge. For her protection and Aden's, it would only be them two.

They traveled toward the north away from the camp. The sun now rising in the sky.

Jaiydn stopped to glance at the camp that housed her remaining family. Each step she took weighed heavily on her heart. But she remembered what she was leaving for when she felt Aden stir against her.

For the safety of her child, she turned and kept walking.

The next day when Robb woke up, he knew something was off. Jaidyn wasn't laying beside him and Aden wasn't crying. He glanced around the tent and his eyes landed on a piece of paper on his desk. Unsure what it said, he carefully read it. His stomach dropped at the words written on it.

I'm sorry. I hope you understand one day.

His wife and son were gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188 8 9
Y/n a girl who just wanted to be free of her evil mother. She ran away at the age of 13 and found her true family and friends. What will happen when...
2.8M 105K 83
❝ The Gods gave me a rare woman and I loved her well. ❞ THE RARE WOMEN SERIES - NOVEL #1 GAME OF THRONES - SEASON 5, 6, & 7 © stxrmbor...
313K 10.5K 27
❝ I WOULDN'T PLAY WITH FIRE ,IF I WERE YOU. ICE MELTS FAST THESE DAYS. ❞ [ GAME OF THRONES AU ] [ AEGON'S CONQUEST ] [ AEGON TARGARYEN X OC ] [ Ⓒ win...
2.5K 70 7
Alysanne Stark is the daughter of Brandon Stark and Aemma Targaryen. Titled the Dragon of the North, the Rose White of Winterfell, the last Targaryen...